Chapter 23 – Hunt before the concert
2.7k 11 113
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Morning. The sunlight went through the window beside my bed, warming my hand.

I felt something heavy pressing down on my chest when I woke up. It was not my big breasts, no. It was heavier. Something was also brushing my nose every now and then, and it was furry.

Huh? Furry?

Only one creature had fur in my house. I opened my eyes and looked down. There, Titan was sleeping on top of my chest while its tail moved around, brushing against my nose.

Maybe it sensed that I woke up; Titan opened its eyes and turned to me.

“You’ve woken up?” It asked.

“Yeah, thanks to your tail!” I shouted at him and grabbed its tail, lifting Titan in front of my face as I raised my body. “It’s damn itchy!”

“Meoow! It hurts! Release me!” Titan tried to reach me with its short paw – filled with razor-sharp claws – but my face was safe. It couldn’t even reach my nose.

I smirked at Titan with an evil smile. I had an idea of how to punish this cat who had woken me up from my beautiful slumber.

“H-Hey, don’t ev– Aaaarrghh!! It’s spinning! Stop! Stop it, Asa!” I spun him around like a dirty rag. Call it animal abuse or something. That wouldn’t work! Because why? Titan wasn’t a real cat, after all!

“Huahahaha! Take this!”

And so, I spent my morning puni– playing around with Titan. Without me realizing it, an hour had passed, and Titan sprawled tiredly on the floor, holding its head with its paw.

“That was horrible…” It complained.

W-Well, I did admit that I went too far because I was a bit angry it disturbed my sleep, so I scratched my cheek awkwardly while apologizing.

“I am sorry.”

Oh, for the record, I was still in my new appearance, but Titan could recognize me in one look. As expected from the furball, I guess? The people I was close with already knew about my appearance, so I wouldn’t return to my plain old self anymore.

“Ugh… Is that your way to express welcome home for your partner? That’s spinning, alright.” It slowly stood up on four, still a bit unstable due to dizziness after I spun it for almost an hour.

After shaking its head a few times to get by its dizziness, Titan looked at me and asked.

“Anyway, do you want to listen to what I found about the destroyed Waypoint? Or do you not want to listen to it because you like surprises?”

“The latter, please,” I answered without missing a beat. “I know a bit about it, and I think I will be able to meet the culprit tomorrow.”

I couldn’t hide my smile as I traced my mouth with my hand. From Aru’s video, I found out about the culprit; that was why I didn’t need to hear about Titan’s information at all. I appreciated its effort in collecting the information from the artificial island Yamato, though.

“I have expected that, but I never thought you were able to identify the culprit before the government. Is it thanks to your friend from before? That kind girl who treated me like a king?”

“Yes. Oh, while you were at Yamato, did you find where the Beast often got spotted? I want to get some action and move my Mana today if you don’t mind.”

“I also expected that, so I asked Vega to tell me where the Beast is often spotted in Japan. I can’t get permission to use Waypoint as you’re not registered as an official Magical Girl, but that doesn’t stop you from going, right?”

“Ooh! Titan, I love you! Hehehe, sorry for getting angry at you earlier.”

The furball let out a tired sigh as it face pawed like usual, “Somehow, I am already getting used to your praise that it doesn’t make me happy anymore.” It muttered.

“Don’t say that! I only say ‘I love you’ to people that I really like! In your case, it’s a cat that I like!” I answered with a huff. How dare Titan underestimate my love! I only said it to cute girls that I liked!

Huh? Come to think of it, I said it to many people. But that doesn’t make my love cheap, isn’t it? Well, whatever.

“So, where is this location where the Beast is often spotted?” I asked the furball, ignoring its grumble about my cheap love.

But instead of answering my question, Titan asked me, “Do you like something cold?”

“Hmm? I like ice cream, so I guess I like something cold. Why?” I tilted my head, not understanding the sudden change of the topic.

Titan’s mouth curled into a strange grin as it jumped on my shoulder, tapping my cheek. “Then you will love this place.”

***

At first, I wondered why Titan asked me why I liked cold, but now I understand after it gave me the basic direction of the place where Beasts were often spotted in Japan.

“It’s Hokkaido!” I shouted loudly as I flew above a flower bed near a mountain in Hokkaido.

The summer in Hokkaido was short, and flowers always bloom at this time of the year. The temperature was also pleasant, at around 27 degrees Celsius, unlike the scorching hot Tokyo.

I never thought the place with many Beasts being spotted would be one of the tourist spots in Japan, Hokkaido. Maybe because there were a lot of people climbing mountains in Hokkaido, the reports about Beasts were numerous compared to a big city such as Tokyo.

After all, Beasts loved natural jungles more than concrete jungles. It was their habitat.

Even now, I could feel a lot of Beasts’ Mana spread out all over the mountain. This place was a heaven for Beasts.

“Hey, Titan. I know that the government is using me to take care of those Beasts, but I will still get money, right?” I asked Titan, who perked on my right shoulder.

“Obviously. I even negotiated to get you a bonus. That’s why I returned a bit late.”

“Good! I can feel at least 3 Garmrs and 1 big Monkey in the area, so I will round them up first! The rest of them are smaller Beasts, so we will do it slowly!”

I called my cane and tapped it against the air. It didn’t need to be ground to use my skill, Gravity Area. The ripple appeared from under my feet, creating an invisible dome that easily surrounded the whole mountain.

While it was a small mountain, it was still vast. My Gravity Area surrounded 500x500 meters with me as the center, and all the Beasts were within this area of mine. Not only could I control the amount of gravity in this area, but I could also designate the area where the target would be pulled.

In other words, I could create another gravity source for my target so they would be pulled to the source I made. I called this source a Gravity Core, as it always created a little ball-like planet as the center of gravity.

Grinning, I designated all of them as my target and created a gravity core in a location 30 meters in front of me. A little ball similar to a black hole appeared; its diameter was only 5 cm, but it had a pulling force 50 times that of Earth's gravity.

Of course, to make it work, it still needed my Mana. So I fed it, and the result of what I did could immediately be seen.

The Beasts that I designated as targets were all flying toward the Gravity Core at a fast speed. I could see the panic on their faces because they felt my Mana from earlier.

Beasts were creatures that fed on Mana, so it was natural that they were sensitive to it. They wouldn’t attack Evil Magical Girls because their Mana was similar to Beast, and they wouldn’t get close to someone with enormous Mana like me. I guess that's why they never appeared near my house.

Enough of that. The Beasts flew faster than even a plane. In the end, they clashed with each other, destroying their bodies in the process and leaving gruesome sights.

The blue blood of Garmrs and the green blood from poisonous Beasts mixed at each other as their meat lumped together into a ball.

In less than 10 seconds, I exterminated the Beasts in the area, leaving only their Cores that fell to the ground at a slow speed because I didn’t designate them as a target for Gravity Core. It would be a waste if the Cores got destroyed in the process.

As I finished the extermination, I wiped an imaginary sweat on my temple and let out a satisfied sigh.

“Mission complete!” I exclaimed.

Author Here~

6 Advanced chapters (For this series) available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

I have some illustrations of Arsy, Asa, Diva, Magiya Blaze that I posted on Patreon too!

Join my discord!!
https://discord.gg/G24qyWdBXs

113