Chapter 25 – It’s Hype!
2.4k 6 112
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Woah!” Aru let out an amazed voice as she looked around the Shibuya crossing from the side as we sat on the bench beside a big neon sign. “This is… the usual Shibuya crossing, isn’t it?” Her voice died down in disappointment as her smile fell from her face.

“Hahaha, well. Magical Diva Girls is not a famous idol group. Those people who are active in the forum surely only watch the concert in front of their computers, so it’s natural if there is not much audience who try to watch them, however…”

My voice trailed a bit as I grinned. When I arrived at this Shibuya crossing, I felt something familiar that I couldn’t forget if I wanted to. There were four Mana reactions belonging to Magical Girls around the area.

“This is quite a surprise.” I continued without giving Aru much context, making her look at me with a confused gaze.

Titan, who sat on Aru’s lap while nibbling a catnip, raised its head, “Cute girls?” it asked.

“Yes, four cute girls. You already know two of them.” I answered Titan, which made Aru more confused. She made a displeased face this time.

“Don’t keep me out of the loop! You know that I can’t hear what this Giant said!” My cute friend complained.

“Oh, right. You can’t hear Titan’s voice.”

I was really silly. Because Haruhi could hear Titan’s voice, I just assumed that Aru could hear it too. But well, my friend wasn’t a Magical Girl, so she couldn’t hear Titan’s voice that was hidden by Magic.

“Titan, is there any way for Aru to hear your voice? I don’t know how your Magic works.”

Aru also nodded her head, looking at Titan with an upturned gaze as she raised the furball. “Please?”

Maybe if there was a competition to choose the best young actress, then the winner might be Aru. Even I couldn’t help but sympathize with her if she looked at me like that. I might attack her! Like before!

“Bring your head closer, girl,” Titan said as it waved its paw. Of course, I worked as its translator.

“Bring your head closer to that little furball’s paw, Aru. It will let you hear its voice.”

“Ooh!”

Aru did what she was told and brought her head closer to Titan’s paw. Then, the furball tapped her forehead lightly as warm Mana spread to her body, enveloping her for a second before it disappeared.

“A-aa… Can you hear me, kind girl?” Titan spoke with a voice full of dignity.

“Y-Yes! I can hear you just fine!” Aru replied excitedly.

Looking at this furball trying to gain a good impression from Aru made me cringe. What is this shit doing? Is Titan trying to show off his charisma as a Giant?

I thought it was too late for that, but its next words made me realize its true intention.

“Good! Kind girl, you are better than Asa. Perhaps I will think twice about turning you into a Magical Girl if you give me an offering.”

Yes, it only wanted free food. And Aru, being a cat lover, always brought snacks with her.

“Please choose from one of them!”

She took out five kinds of different cat snacks and presented them to Titan. Both of them were happy, so I didn’t say anything.

Anyway, when they were having fun, I was focused on tracking the unfamiliar Mana reaction. My lips curled up into a smile as I imagined Aru and other people’s reactions when they announced it.

It would be hype.

So the announcement is really about this. I can’t help but look forward to it. Also…

The two familiar Mana reactions belonging to the Magical Girls I had met were also in the area. So I assumed they were here to recruit the new Magical Girls.

Tracking new Magical Girls is hard. If they are not transformed, then their Mana reaction will be no different from regular people. However, I am unique in that regard, so I can sense them just fine. Thanks to Titan’s body as one of my body bases, I guess.

Maybe they were here because of the rumors. Aru did mention that the government often contacted her to ask about some information that didn’t go through the forum’s verification.

“Hey, Asa. They are almost here, right? It’s my first time seeing a concert live, so I am a bit excited. How cute those girls dressed like a Magical Girl would be!”

While thinking about that, Aru called out to me after seeming satisfied playing with Titan, and the said furball was also sleeping on her lap.

“Yup, they are almost here.” I took out my phone and showed her the time. It said 10:58. “In two minutes." I continued.

As soon as I said that, a loud engine noise came from the direction of the street, accompanied by a loud, cheery voice of a girl I had heard before.

[Hey guys! Good Afternoon!]

A screeching sound of the tire making contact with the road followed suit. Many people turned their attention to the loud voice, including Aru and me.

“They’re here!” Aru shouted excitedly as she stood up. “Let’s get closer, Asa!” She pulled my hand and ran toward the stopped truck.

Is Aru always this energetic? I questioned myself but immediately shook my head when I remembered our photoshoot. She’s always like this, alright.

We approached the truck and stopped at the side of the truck with a few curious people. The side of the truck was made with one-sided glass. We could only see black from the outside, but the people inside could see us. It was often used in a touring idol truck, so I was familiar with it.

Thankfully, we managed to secure the front row, and the two familiar Mana reactions also walked toward us, stopping from a bit afar.

They are not approaching, huh? What a cautious girl Haruhi is.

[Woah! A lot of people are watching! I am glad! Then, allow me to introduce ourselves! We are…!]

At that moment, the truck side was opened, and various light shows happened from inside the truck. I was waiting in anticipation too, and so were the people around me. No one hated exciting things, unless they were some special people.

Five girls appeared inside, and they were all wearing white frilly Magical Girl-like clothes. When they appeared, the two Mana reactions that I felt earlier became clear, and I found out whose those two reactions belonged.

“”Magical Diva Girls!”” The five girls shouted at once while putting on a cute pose.

Aha! As expected! My smile turned wild, but Aru and the others didn’t realize it as they were too focused on Magical Diva Girls and shouted excitedly, imitating the girls.

Only one entity or a cat noticed my smile as it only focused its attention on me.

“That smile… I see. So that’s how it is.” Then it turned its attention to the idol group. They already began to sing and dance. “This concert is going to be hype. In a different meaning.”

Author Here~

6 Advanced chapters (For this series) available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

I have some illustrations of Arsy, Asa, Diva, Magiya Blaze that I posted on Patreon too!

Join my discord!!
https://discord.gg/G24qyWdBXs

112