Chapter 27 – Diva
2.1k 9 109
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The world turned around. Mana flared everywhere, engulfing the area 100 meters around us with Diva as the center.

The paved road became a barren land. The blue sky turned purple, with some white clouds looming over the horizon.

And the usual white crosswalk of Shibuya turned into a big stage with Diva standing in the center, in front of the conductor’s monster with an eerie smile.

Rocks were everywhere. This scenery was like a stage in the middle of barren land, fit for an underground idol like Diva.

Diva, the cute girl, had now become expressionless beauty.

I’m not too fond of that expression. And this territory… It’s so lonely.

Some audiences were dragged into Diva’s territory with four of us, the Magical Girls. Thankfully I didn’t see Aru and Titan anywhere.

So they managed to get away. Good. Titan must’ve prevented her from being swallowed by the Territory.

Magiya Blaze’s expression wasn’t that good, while Magiya Glacier was confused. Maybe they had yet to teach her what had happened right now.

“What’s going on?!” Someone shouted from behind.

“W-What is this? Why did a Magical Girl do something like this?!” Added another one.

“M-Magiya Blaze. What is this?” Magiya Glacier asked Magiya Blaze, who stood beside her.

Magiya Blaze then answered with a grim expression. “This is a technique where you project your Mana to change the world around you, Territory. This will help a Magical Girl control their ability better and stronger, but… It is quite an advanced technique that even I can’t use.”

“T-Then, isn’t it bad?”

The people panicked as Magiya Glacier took a step back. This was bad, indeed. But that was for them, not for me. I just stood silently in displeasure as I stared at the unmoving Diva.

She’s been controlled by the Giant’s hate, huh? This is rather troublesome.

What had happened right now was normal for a new Evil Magical Girl. At first, the Mana they got was the accumulation of Giant’s mana. Alongside it was its emotion, and it controlled Diva, who was vulnerable because of her sudden transformation.

“As expected, Giant who fell from grace is really troublesome. I should’ve killed it as soon as I sensed it.” I muttered to myself, but it seemed like Magiya Blaze heard me.

“Giant who fell from grace?” She repeated. “Arisugawa, do you know something that we don’t?”

“I do, but I won’t tell you.” I answered casually, ignoring her irritated expression when I refused to talk about it.

I mean, I could’ve explained everything here and then, but… It was too dangerous. The knowledge was too dangerous.

If even Magiya Blaze didn’t know about this simple knowledge, then that Commander must’ve deemed the knowledge to be dangerous and not to be shared to the other Magical Girls.

“You…” Magiya Blaze sounded a bit angry, but she kept her cool and turned to Diva. “I will ask you later after we beat that girl. We must stop this territory, or the ordinary people here will start suffering Mana overload.”

Ah, right, there is also that.

When Blaze mentioned it, I just remembered there was that kind of disease that inflicted ordinary people if they were exposed to great amount of Mana. Mana Overload. It would make a part of their body mutate slightly due to Mana accumulating in a place that was not supposed to be.

It would make them look displeasing to look at. And it was grotesque.

I don’t want to see that either. I guess I have no choice.

“Well then. Both of you take on Diva while I will take care of those people.” I turned around toward 10 or so people who were crawling on the ground, scared. “Be careful, though. Diva is now what you can call someone who has reached the peak of Magical Girls. Call my name if you need help.”

Magiya Glacier gulped, but she held her wand tight as she stepped forward with Magiya Blaze. Mana began swirling around the pair of Magical Girls, and Blaze glanced at me a little as I walked toward the crowd.

“Who do you think I am? I am Magiya Blaze.” She confidently said. “I will protect the people here without your help.”

I liked her confidence, but I didn’t know whether she would be able to say that later. Anyway, I stopped in front of the crowd and turned around as I called out my cane and held it with both hands, tapping it against the ground.

Mana spread around the crowd of people, creating a half-transparent purple dome. It was a barrier that I created with my Mana to protect them. It was sturdy to the point it could hold two attacks from Four Great Beasts.

“T-This?”

“She’s also a Magical Girl?!”

“We’re saved!” The people cheered from behind after realizing that they were safe.

Grinning, I raised my chin a little. I loved being praised, so I became smug and confident.

I stared at Magiya Blaze and Magiya Glacier’s backs and said. “I’d like to see you try to stop her.”

As if my words became the trigger, Diva’s Mana had subsided and calmed down considerably. She turned her attention from me to Utahime, not minding the pair of Magical Girls who walked toward her.

Meanwhile, Utahime, now known as Magiya Terra, was still flabbergasted by the situation and didn’t move from where she was.

Useless.

That troublemaker who made Diva like this was useless. But… She was a nice bait. At least it would be interesting to see what Diva would do with her.

I purposely didn’t tell Magiya Blaze and Glacier about it, so they confidently walked toward Diva as Fireballs, and Ice Spears flew around them.

“Diva!” Magiya Blaze shouted, pointing her wand at Diva.

The said girl only turned her head around lazily, looking at Blaze as if she was an insect. A frown formed on the idol’s face.

But Magiya Blaze didn’t notice that. Her strict personality didn’t allow her to care about such a thing.

“Stop this at this instant! Let’s just talk about it and settle it calmly, okay?”

As expected, Blaze was still a naïve girl. She didn’t know how terrifying an Evil Magical Girl was.

“Talk?” For the first time ever, Diva opened her mouth. “What is there to talk about with someone who protects a person who tried to kill me?” She asked, her tone filled with malice.

“What?!” Blaze couldn’t understand what Diva had talked about. “Kill you? We never tried to do that! We are here to recruit the new Magical Girls to Raylight! Can you please stop it at this instant and come with us? I promise you will not be harmed!”

“No.” Diva instantly shot down Blaze’s invitation, then turned toward Utahime again. “I have some revenge to do.”

Then she raised her hand, which held a wand. The monster behind her imitated her movement.

Once the wand was lined up with where Magiya Terra was, Mana began to form at the tip of the wand. The amount of Mana around the wand was more than what I used when I used Gravity Core.

If that Mana was shot toward Magiya Terra, a new Magical Girl, she would definitely die almost immediately.

Magiya Blaze and Glacier also noticed that, so they shouted. “Stop it!”

They were too late.

“Falsetto,” Diva said calmly, and a torrent of beams shot from the monster’s hand toward Magiya Terra. The beam left musical notes on its track, and it reached Magiya Terra in no time.

Blaze and Glacier tried to stop it by firing their own Magic, but the beam was too fast. It had arrived right in front of Magiya Terra, who only stood unmoving.

Bam!

“Nooo!!” Blaze’s scream echoed through the area as the beam hit Magiya Terra right on her body. The cloud of dust flew around and filled the area of collision, hiding the aftermath of the collision from the spectators.

“You! How could you!” Magiya Blaze yelled at Diva. Obviously, the red-haired girl thought that Diva had killed Magiya Terra. It would be so from the other perspective as some of the audience also yelped from behind.

Ignoring Blaze’s scream, Diva laughed loudly like a crazy girl once she saw that there was no leftover of Magiya Terra whatsoever when the cloud of dust subsided. “Hahahahaha! I did it! I killed that bitch! She deserves it. She deserves it! Everyone deserves to die for looking down on me!”

Once again, her Mana rampaged and sent a gush of winds everywhere. She was broken.

“Tsk!” I clicked my tongue. “So the Magical Girls can’t even save Diva before she completely falls? I guess I need to get involved directly.”

Deep inside me, I hoped the Magical Girls could save Diva from being crazy. They were the literal hope of mankind, and I also put my hope in them to save the lonely girl.

But it seemed like they couldn’t understand the lonely girl’s feelings.

“Destroy! Destroy! I will destroy everything! This world! The people. Those who abandon me! I don’t care. They don’t care. They only mock me!”

Some monsters like the one behind her began forming around the stage, crawling out from the ground. They were a size smaller, but still bigger than a normal human.

At a glance, there were easily over 500 monsters. They at least had the same amount of Mana as Garmr, the Beast. So I expected their strength to be the same as Garmr.

Seeing Diva being broken, I couldn’t help but feel her sadness by myself. She was truly the same as me.

The Magical Girls were stubborn and didn’t call my name. However, it was too late for them to save Diva once she was in this state. So I transformed and stepped forward while tapping my cane against the ground.

“Move.” I commanded both Magical Girls as I spread my Gravity Area to fill the entire territory. It was a bit hard to overwrite the existing rule within the territory of another Magical Girl, but it was only a bit.

I was Arsy! Nothing was impossible for me.

Passing through the Magical Girls who covered their faces from the wind, my lips curled down into a frown as I pulled my hat down.

“Protect what you need to protect.”

Then I declared with a voice loud enough so the people behind my barrier could hear me. I also loved to show off, even in this dire situation.

“This is my turn.”

Author Here~

6 Advanced chapters (For this series) available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

I have some illustrations of Arsy, Asa, Diva, Magiya Blaze that I posted on Patreon too!

Join my discord!!
https://discord.gg/G24qyWdBXs

109