Chapter 28 – A Pitiful Idol
2.3k 8 115
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“HahAHhaahAH! dESstroy! Destroy!!”

Diva’s voice became distorted as Mana spiraled around her. I calmly stood in front of many monsters and took the force from her Mana directly.

Magiya Blaze and Glacier stood behind me, fear on their faces. However, Blaze was kind.

“Arsy! A-Are you planning to take them on by yourself?! That’s too much! You will get hurt!”

Even in a situation like this, and after what I did to her, she was still worried about me. That was what I liked about her. She wasn’t my favorite girl for nothing.

The distorted laugh continued as the monsters with piano tiles arms advanced toward us. The territory had also widened; it had now become bigger than a soccer stadium.

However, I wasn’t worried about it in the slightest. I looked over my shoulder with my usual smug smile.

“Ah, come to think of it, I have never properly introduced myself. Fine then, I will use this chance to do it.”

I turned around to face the horde of monsters calmly. Flicking my cape with my left-hand exaggeratedly, I announced to the crowd and the Magical Girls inside this territory.

“My name is Arsy!” My voice boomed as I pressed those monsters with 3 times Earth’s gravity. Their movement slowed down, and the ground cracked, but it wasn’t enough to stop them.

Dealing with them with my Gravity Area was easy, but I needed to show my strength this time. So I accumulated Mana on the tip of my cane to prepare for my second Skill as I continued.

“I am the Independent Magical Girl, not tied to any Giant. I proclaim myself as the strongest! No one can beat me. Nothing is impossible for me. So…”

Once the Mana was enough, I raised my cane high to the sky and shouted.

“Come, my minions!” Then I thrust my cane to the ground, piercing it easily.

My Mana spread to the area 50 meters around me, with me as the center. Darkness began to fill the ground, turning the barren brown into purple-black as purple lightning cracked here and there.

Magiya Blaze and Glacier retreated. They noticed that staying at their location would be dangerous.

Of course, it was. I used my second Skill, after all.

My clothes were not just for show.

If the enemies had more than 500 monsters with strengths equal to Garmr, then…

“Wyverns! Dragons! Sons and Daughters of Bahamut's, the Ruler of the Sky! Heed my call and be revived from mother Earth’s embrace!”

I didn’t really need to chant the incantation for this second Skill, but I did it anyway because it sounded cool!

My Mana clashed against Diva, pushing hers back. Two black wyverns stood beside me, crawling out from the ground. One on my left while the other on my right. Their sizes were roughly 5 meters, a bit small, but the Mana they held was massive.

Then following them was a dragon that easily stood 10 meters tall appeared the same way as them. Its body was jet black, and its wings easily spanned over 20 meters.

They were my minions that I called using my second skill, Summoning. Actually, they were the monsters that I tamed back in the game, but they had become obedient to me already because of my Core being Bahamut’s.

Of course, the three of them were only a small part of my army. But they were enough to deal with this situation.

Diva wasn’t too strong, even considering she used Manifestation and Territory. Compared to me, she was nothing.

“Now then… Kill them all.” I commanded with an excited grin.

The dragon and two wyverns flew toward the horde of music monsters, attacking them with their claws and fangs. They easily destroyed the monsters as if they were made from plastic.

The monsters that got destroyed disappeared into thin air after leaving blue Magic Particles. It was a beautiful sight.

“I-Is this Arsy’s real power?”

“T-This i-is... Amazing.”

Blaze and Glacier muttered from behind. The crowd also cheered after realizing that I could beat the monsters.

Meanwhile, Diva didn’t look good. She held her head in agony after I pushed her Mana back. The influence of Giant’s emotions became unstable, and she started to regain herself back little by little.

But it wasn’t enough. Unless I went through drastic measures, the influence would return, and she would go crazy again.

I calmly watched as my minions butchered the musical monsters. The dragon that I summoned began to breathe flames, burning more than 10 monsters at once as he scorched the ground from above.

“AarARarHhHgGhh!”

Diva began to scream incomprehensible words. The monster behind her became bigger as it fed on her Mana. Then, as if it also absorbed her emotion, the big mouth of the conductor monster parted, and it laughed loudly.

“Hahahahahaha! Kill! Destroy! Incompetent! You’re incompetent! Destroy everything! They hate you. They don’t love you! You’re alone. Alone. Alone!!”

It kept saying something strange, but I understood what it meant. It wanted to destroy Diva further. As proof, Diva screamed louder alongside the monster’s words.

“HasdgYW! !$@!@%. K!LL! Kill… Destroy. Make everyone alone. I am alone. No. I don’t want to. I want that. Attention. Yes. If I destroy everything, then they will pay attention to me. Alright. Yes. Let’s destroy them. Destroy the world. I am Diva. Look at me!”

Diva unleashed another torrent of Mana as she raised her head.

Blood trickled down her eyes like tears. Bloods also came out from the gap in her nails and her ears. The beautiful Diva was no more as she was covered in blood. Her body couldn’t endure her Mana any longer. If she kept doing this, she would be destroyed.

“Tsk!” I clicked my tongue. My minions had almost destroyed the monsters completely, but their numbers increased once again after Diva’s second rampage.

“This can’t go on. I want to save this for the one that I truly care about, but… I guess I have no choice.”

Evil Magical Girl couldn’t be saved. They could only be killed or put into jail to stop their rampage. That was common sense in Deepland.

But there was one exception. That was…

“Independent Magical Girls can make 3 Evil Magical Girls into their servants, as an Independent Magical Girl is a being similar to a Giant instead of a Magical Girl.”

So speaking about a chance to stop Diva, I was the only one who could save her now.

“Magiya Blaze! Magiya Glacier!” I shouted to alert the Magical Girls behind me. “I will put down the barrier around those civilians! I am counting on you to protect them from our Mana. Can you do that?”

To use this technique to turn an Evil Magical Girl into my servant, I couldn’t really use any other technique or skill while I was at it. I needed to concentrate all my strength on this.

Without needing to look back at Magiya Blaze, I could feel that she had nodded her head and created a barrier around the civilians. Magiya Glacier also created a barrier on top of Blaze’s to help her.

Good. Now then… I erased the barrier that I had created and stopped my skills. The dragon and wyverns disappeared into a mote of purple light as soon as I stopped my skill.

And I heard a cracking sound from behind as soon as I did that.

Crack!

“Ugh… T-This…”

“Hold on, Glacier! This is nothing!”

Blaze was amazing. Her barrier stood strong even when Glacier’s barrier cracked after being subjected to Diva’s Mana.

I had stopped opposing Diva’s Mana after I stopped my Summoning skill. Meaning they bore the full force of her Mana and could still protect the civilians behind their barriers.

I guess I can leave them be.

I focused on the horde of monsters that had increased considerably. The stage where Diva was also got farther from my location as her territory broadened once again. She was now around 300 meters from me.

However…

“This much is nothing.” I pulled my cane from the ground and began to fly. As I flew, I increased the size of my Gravity Area and covered the whole territory once again. This was the fastest way to deal with those monsters.

At once, I designated them all as my target, except for the monster behind Diva. Once I did that, I created a Gravity Core in the sky with the strength of 100 times Earth's Gravity.

“Be crushed.”

The monsters had no chance to move. They got pulled to Gravity Core and got destroyed immediately. Only blue Magic Particles remained in front of me.

“AAAhhhh! You! You you you you! Haters! How dare you! My fans. My followers. How dare you destroy them!” Diva screamed frantically as she created more monsters.

It was useless. As soon as she created monsters, they would be pulled to Gravity Core immediately and get crushed under the strong gravity.

I slowly flew toward Diva, but she kept creating more monsters. How lonely was she? She fell this far and didn’t even use her Mana correctly to attack us like what she did against Utahime.

If she did that, then Magiya Blaze and Magiya Glacier would stand no chance of protecting the civilians. Instead, she created more monsters, wasting her Mana.

I understood her feelings, though. It must be hard. Being alone and ignored is hard.

Stopping in front of her, I descended to the stage and walked closer. The blonde-haired girl kept screaming, and the monster behind her moved to stop me. With its piano tiles arm, it tried to sweep me from the side.

However…

“Don’t get cocky, you small fry!”

I manifested Bahamut behind me. The gigantic Dragon pressed the piano monster with its claw, crushing it on the stage.

For now, I didn’t want any disturbance. I wanted to talk to this lonely girl first. The girl that couldn't be saved anymore. I noticed it when I looked at her. Using my skill on her now was useless. She was already broken, corrupted.

So, I opened my mouth. “I pity you, Diva.”

And for the first time ever after she turned into an Evil Magical Girl, she stopped screaming and looked me in the eyes.

Author Here~

6 Advanced chapters (For this series) available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

I have some illustrations of Arsy, Asa, Diva, Magiya Blaze that I posted on Patreon too!

Join my discord!!
https://discord.gg/G24qyWdBXs

115