Chapter 29 – The Lonely One
2.1k 7 103
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Where is this?

It was dark. I couldn’t see anything. Scary. This place was scary.

My body floated in the darkness, and when I looked down, I noticed that my body was covered with a disgusting black mud.

“…!!” I tried to scream, but no voice came out of my mouth.

At that moment, I noticed my reflection in the mud. My face was hollow. Only my wavy blonde hair was still intact. I was also naked, but I didn’t have a chance to be embarrassed. Fear came to me.

The mud squirmed from my feet. It tried to engulf me whole, but I fought it.

No. This… I can’t allow this to swallow me!

For some reason, I knew that I wouldn’t be able to return to my old self if I let this mud engulf my body. This mud was alive, and it tried to eat me.

Its movement slowed down, but something happened when it reached the middle of my legs. The dark space’s scenery changed into a familiar house. I recognized it.

My childhood house?

This was where I lived from when I was a child until I reached 6th grade of elementary school. This house held a lot of memories. Most of them were happy memories that I cherished until now.

I smiled unconsciously when I saw my house. Not only that, the happy memory that I had when I was a child was playing in front of me. The door was opened from inside, and the little me ran outside while holding a wooden tray.

“Dad! Mom! Let’s go! Let’s see the cherry blossoms!”

A pair of middle-aged couples followed the little girl, walking out of the house with warm smiles. The man had blonde hair, while the woman had long lustrous black hair. They were my father and mother.

“Solene! Wait for a little! You will trip if you run like that!”

“Hehehe, catch me, Mom! I can’t wait to see the cherry blossom and eat the food that you made.”

“This child…”

“Honey, let’s not stop her this time. It’s been a long time since we have had a chance to have a family picnic like this.”

“Dear, you can’t be helped either! How could you dote on Solene that much.”

“Because she’s cute! Right, Solene.”

“Hehehe, that’s true!”

Ah, so it’s the memory of that time.

I reminisced about the memory. It was the happiest one that I had. At the same time, the saddest memory that I have ever had.

The mud had reached the middle of my body without realizing it. I was careless, drowning in my memory.

Slowly, I lost control of my body, but I could still move my right hand. With it, I tried to peel the mud off my body. It was disgusting. Even more so. My thought was corrupted slowly. I, for one, realized that.

The happy scenery also slowly got distorted, leaving my head.

What is this? What is this? I am scared! Scary. This is really scary.

My body trembled in fear as the mud slowly engulfed my right hand. No more. I couldn’t fight it anymore. I would lose myself. This was certain.

The mud reached my neck. Another memory pooped out, replacing the picnic scenery.

It was a memory after the picnic. The memory that broke me apart. We were on our way home in a car. Smiles appeared on my and my family’s faces. We were happy.

Then, suddenly, a child with twin-tailed hair crossed the road when the light was still red. Obviously, my father tried his best to avoid hitting the child, so he threw the steer to the left.

It would be miraculous if we didn’t suffer from anything, but… Unfortunately, the reality wasn’t that kind. My father and mother, who sat in the front seat, got impaled by broken glass from our car’s windshield and died immediately.

I still remember that memory clearly. And I still remembered the last thing that I saw. It was that child’s smile. She had a crazy, satisfied smile as if she was happy that my parents got killed. Then after that moment, I became a broken girl.

The scenery changed once again. The mud had covered my whole body, including my head. It purposely didn’t cover my eyes, so it could torment me with my sad memory. I was scared. I couldn’t do anything.

It was scary. It was lonely. No. I refused this. It couldn’t be like this. Revenge. My revenge.

A lonely girl. The dream of being alone. It kept flashing through my mind. After my parents died, I was alone. No one would come close to me.

Then that idol group reached their hands toward me. Only to push me further to this loneliness pit. My only hope was from that Giant, but it… destroyed me.

Useless. I was so useless. I didn’t deserve to live. My life was worthless.

Is this how I die? No. My body is still moving, so… Is this what I got from agreeing to Giant’s condition? But my revenge isn’t over yet…

As soon as I thought that, the space around me changed again. This time, I stood on the stage while wearing a strapless black dress with a purple accent. My hand was holding the wand that I got from that Giant.

Two Magical Girls were shouting at me. I ignored them. Then I looked at the person I hated the most in this entire world. A twin-tailed girl who tried to kill me, who tried to ruin my life. She reminded me of that child. So I hated her as much as she hated me.

So I lifted my hand. It moved. A smile appeared on my face as the Magical Girls shouted at me. They created some Magic around them. Their Magic was pretty. But I ignored them. This was a dream. The mud already consumed me, and it showed me a dream.

Look, even the beautiful girl who shouted my name loudly in the concert earlier had a frown. Was that a cane that she held? A wand? So she was also a Magical Girl.

She was also lying when she said she loved me, no? I recognized her. She was the one who saved me. Even when she had a different hairstyle, I recognized those clothes. I was thankful for her and felt guilty because I ran away without having a proper conversation.

I am sorry.

Those Magical Girls tried to stop me. Why? It was all her fault, not mine. You should stop her before this. So this was also your fault. Not mine.

I ignored them. I had something important to do now.

I could create Magic. It was amazing. Mana accumulated in front of my wand. With this, I would be able to get my revenge against her. The one who tormented me.

Goodbye, Nagisa. I will not miss you.

Then I said the word that crossed my mind, “Falsetto.”

Amazing. Magic was amazing. The girl that I couldn’t touch until earlier got turned into dust with one magic! Ah, I am satisfied. Eat me whole. I don’t care anymore.

As if responding to my desire, the mud moved once again and covered my whole body. It was fine. I wasn’t scared anymore. I was already satisfied. Just… I wanted to have a friend. My last wish couldn’t be fulfilled, so…

So… let me die.

Once again, the reality wasn’t that kind. My wish to die wasn’t granted. Because the mud slowly moved once again, letting go of my head. I could see what had happened from the sight that it showed me.

A girl stood in front of me. She was a head shorter. A confident smile was on her face. I envy her.

I noticed some destruction around me. But the girl was unscratched. Amazing.

Then, her smile fell from her face for some reason as she said, “I pity you, Diva.”

The mud was cleared suddenly, and I could control my body once again. Her words were infused by Mana and destroyed the mud.

Who is she?

That question flashed through my mind as I looked at her golden eyes. I envy her. How could she have that look even in this hopeless situation? So I responded to her question.

“Why?”

But she misunderstood my question.

I asked why she was so confident, but she took my question as a reply to her question. She smiled. It was a lonely smile. I knew that because I often had that smile too.

“Because we are the same. I am a lonely, pitiful girl too, but I never thought of myself as so. Do you want to get out of your loneliness? I can help you if you want to.”

For the first time in my life, someone offered her hand to me.

However, the mud returned, and it ate my body at a faster speed than before. I would lose control of myself soon. I didn’t want to. This girl… Only this girl. I didn’t want to hurt her. The girl who said she was the same as me.

Run. Please run.

The mud had reached my neck once again. This was my last chance to say something. What should I say? No, I had no time.

“Help.”

That was the only world that I could think of to convey my feeling.

“Help me.”

The mud had engulfed me whole, leaving only my eyes. But I wasn’t scared. Because I saw that girl’s confident smile again, she answered me.

“I will. Wait for a while. I will help you.”

Yes, I trust you. You, who have saved me once. I trust you.

Author Here~

6 Advanced chapters (For this series) available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

I have some illustrations of Arsy, Asa, Diva, Magiya Blaze that I posted on Patreon too!

Join my discord!!
https://discord.gg/G24qyWdBXs

103