Chapter 31 – Aftermath
2.1k 11 107
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I can't upload anything tomorrow, so here we are!

Enjoy the chappy!

***

This… was a bit bad for me. I bet my expression was a bit of a mess, so I looked down to hide it. I didn’t expect her to be so similar to me, so I got emotional as I could relate to her.

The piano monster was gone, and I changed my appearance to my new self. I was taller and more beautiful. I used this form to hide my real self.

Then, I carried Diva… No, Solene’s dead body in a princess carry. She deserved this.

Bahamut disappeared as I took a step off the stage. Slowly, I walked toward Blaze and Glacier, who slumped into the ground, exhausted.

The crowd behind them cheered. I glared at them.

How can they cheer when there is a dead girl here?

But it was understandable. For them, this dead girl was someone who tried to destroy everything. The only one who noticed me walking toward them was Blaze. She stood up and approached me, stopping in front of me.

“Arsy… She’s?”

“Dead,” I answered calmly. Strange, wasn’t it? I had already calmed down due to my body’s influence. I had no time to savor the sadness of killing someone. Also, I wasn’t as sad as I thought, knowing what I could do with Solene’s body.

“I see…” Magiya Blaze said, her voice was noticeably down and contained a tinge of sadness in it.

“Don’t be sad, Blaze.” I raised my head and looked straight at her. “I will take care of the aftermath. Can you deal with those people by yourself?”

“Yeah, leave it to us.” She nodded.

Thankfully, Blaze was someone who could read the other’s emotions. I bet she noticed how out of the ordinary I was.

She turned around and walked back to the ground, instructing them about what to do next.

Meanwhile, I looked at Solene’s peaceful face once again before looking at her wound. There was no blood coming out from her chest. Evil Magical Girl was an existence similar to Giant; their mortal body was changed into a Mana body.

Hence, after I destroyed her core, she couldn’t move and was put in a state called ‘Death.

The sky began to crack further.

“It’s time.”

I sighed. Today was supposed to be a happy day. But why did this happen? I… didn’t like something like this. Especially…

The snake has run away, huh? I thought, looking at the crack at the end of the territory that had turned back to the normal world.

I felt Titan’s Mana reaction coming from that crack, and I noticed the furball was looking at me while being held by Aru. That friend of mine had a worried expression while looking around, searching for me.

“I guess I need to make them know that I am fine,” I muttered with a smile. Having a person worried about you wasn’t a bad feeling at all.

Crash!

I walked toward the crack with a heavy step. The sky had crashed down, turning back to the familiar blue and white. I ignored the falling sky as it disappeared into thin air, incorporated into the Mana in the atmosphere.

The barren land turned back into concrete and streets, and the nothingness was filled with high-rise buildings.

Aru finally noticed me and ran toward me with a big smile. The authorities and people near her were surprised by her sudden movement and tried to stop her.

Even Magical Girls were stationed outside the broken territory, but they had failed to touch her. Possibly Titan cast some Magic on her, as I felt Mana surrounding her body.

“Asa!”

Her steps were light, and I noticed the happiness in her tone. But her smile fell after she realized that I was carrying someone.

“Ya, Aru. I am back.” I stopped in front of my friend. We were on the side of the buildings, a bit away from the crowd that was surrounded by authorities.

I was wondering why there were no authorities walking toward me while I was obviously holding a dead body, but I noticed a woman in a black bodysuit and white clothes instructing the authorities to help the normal people first.

She was a beautiful woman in her early twenties, and her hair was done in a big braid under a white witch hat.

She glanced at me and smiled, waving her hand. The Mana from her was strange. I… never felt something like that in my time as a Magical Girl. It was massive and warm. There were no impurities in her Mana.

“That’s Magiya Raylight. Also known as Amamiya Vega.” Titan said, gaining my attention.

So she was Commander Amamiya? As expected, she was the woman that Titan talked with. Also, she was a lot younger than what I remembered.

“I see.” My only reaction was this.

It wasn’t really strange in that case. The Magical Girls from Deepland was way stronger than the one on Earth. I could understand where her massive Mana came from if she was Commander Amamiya.

But… her Magical Girl’s name was Magiya Raylight, huh? So the school’s name came from her. She was in a higher position than I initially thought.

“So, what are you going to do with that girl, Asa?”

“Huh?”

Titan asked me while Aru let out a confused voice. I mean, Titan asked me what I would do with Solene’s body in my hands.

“I guess I will use my innate skill. But I can’t do that right now, and for that reason…” I opened my inventory, and a void appeared on my side. The void was as big as my body, and I carefully put Solene’s body inside.

The time inside my inventory was stopped. So her body wouldn’t decompose and hopefully still be in the best condition.

“You put a body in your inventory…” Aru commented as I closed the inventory. The void disappeared. “Why did you do that?” She asked.

“She can still be saved,” I said.

There was a reason why I destroyed Diva’s core instead of killing her by gravity or something else. It was because the core could still be restored.

“I have a Magic for that.”

“Is that so?” Aru said. Her smile returned. “I will believe you, Asa.”

I nodded. Even if I was already calm due to my body, my mood wasn’t in the best condition after what had happened. Thankfully those authorities left me alone. I guess I owe gratitude to Commander Amamiya for always helping me.

“Hello, can we talk for a little now?”

Talking about the person, she approached us and called out to me with a sweet, calming voice.

I turned around, and there she was, standing beside me.

“Hello. My name is Amamiya Vega, the headmaster of Raylight Magical Girl’s school. It’s nice to meet you. Finally, we can talk directly, Arisugawa Asa.”

“Nice to meet you too. As you know, I am Arisugawa Asa. Is there anything I can help you with?” I asked.

The first impression was important. This wasn’t really my first meeting with her, but I ignored our first meeting because I wasn’t really sane at that time.

“Just a little something, you see? I just wanted to ask whether you can answer a few questions from me.” Vega glanced at the two Magical Girls that were giving their report to the girls in a suit at a distance.

Questions. I see. She wanted me, who knew about Evil Magical Girl, to explain what had happened inside the territory.

While I didn’t like to be questioned, I guess I would play along this time. But, I wouldn’t give it to her if she wanted to ask for Solene’s body.

“Sure.”

“Good! Don’t worry, though. I won’t ask you for something in your possession. I believe that you won’t do anything dangerous with her.” She said.

It seemed like this woman could also read my mind, just like Titan did.

“I told you that you are easy to read,” Titan said at my side.

“Shut up, furball.”

“Hah!” The furball scoffed.

“Three minutes spin.” I just said that as I glanced at it for a second before turning back to Amamiya Vega, known as Magiya Raylight.

“W-Wait! Anything but that!”

“Well then, shall we talk over there, Headmaster?”

“Gladly.”

Fortunately, Magiya Raylight was someone who was able to play along. We walked to the corner of the building, away from people, ignoring Titan’s wailing in Aru’s arms.

Author Here~

6 Advanced chapters (For this series) available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

I have some illustrations of Arsy, Asa, Diva, Magiya Blaze that I posted on Patreon too!

Join my discord!!
https://discord.gg/G24qyWdBXs

107