Chapter 32 – Rest and Unease (Arc 1 Finished)
2.8k 18 100
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Finally! Home sweet home!” I dropped down on my bed as I changed my clothes with Magic. My previous clothes were gone and were replaced by a cat onesie.

It was unexpectedly comfortable and warm.

“Good work. What did Vega ask you earlier?” Titan asked as it flopped down beside my face, curling into a ball.

“Some stuff. Mainly about the territory and the killed Giant. She didn’t mention anything about Solene at all.”

“Solene?”

“Ah, right. You don’t know about it. Solene is Diva’s real name. She told me in her last moment.”

“I see… Stay strong, Asa.”

“It’s not a problem. I can revive her again.” I said.

Yes. I took Solene’s body because I could revive her again using my innate skill. But, there was a small problem. Solene’s core was destroyed, and I needed to find its replacement first.

“I have no compatible Beast’s Core in my inventory. All of them are high-rank Beast’s Core, but none of them are related to music or entertainment, Solene’s element.” I muttered, grabbing my Magiya Blaze’s hug pillow and burying my face under it.

“That’s indeed a problem. She won’t be able to exert her full strength if her core isn’t compatible with her element.”

“Right? That’s what troubled me too.”

Element. Every Giant had different elements from each other. The most common ones were elemental such as fire, wind, ice, water, and others. There were unique elements such as mine. My elements were gravity and control. Each from Bahamut’s Core and Titan’s body and wand.

This furball beside me controlled everything. That was why its element was control, as it could command almost all elements but mainly commanded earth and wind for some reason.

Solene also had a unique element that got categorized into entertainment. That was why her Mana created a beam of musical tones, and her Manifested Mana looked like a conductor with piano tiles arms.

Naturally, Giants looked for girls with compatible elements with them to become their Magical Girls. Beasts also had something similar in their core.

“I need a specific Beast’s Core because Solene has been turned into an Evil Magical Girl. Her body is now made from Mana and could disappear at any time without my inventory.”

Evil Magical Girl was a bit similar to me but more similar to Beast. Their Magical Girl form had become their common form; they couldn’t turn back to their normal human form as their body was invaded by Giant’s Mana and got reformed forcefully.

“There is that too. I know someone who can provide such a Beast's Core, but I have no way to contact her right now. You can only wait until a suitable Beast shows itself.”

“I know,” I replied to Titan with a muffled voice as I covered my face. “I will… take a nap for now.”

“Have a nice dream, Asa,” Titan said.

“Yeah…” I turned around. My mouth curled up a little bit. It was nice, having someone bid me a nice dream. But I wouldn’t allow this furball to know my emotion, or its ego would be inflated.

It’s really nice… Also, there will be one more person to say that to me in the future. I am looking forward to it. I thought as I drifted to sleep.

***

Why did Commander Amamiya call me just right after we returned to Raylight?

Currently, I stood nervously in front of a massive door. On the other side of this door was Commander Amamiya, someone who was hailed as the first and strongest Magical Girl on Earth.

Because I was in Raylight, it was a regulation for me to do in my Magical Girl form too. As such, I could feel the Mana seeping out from the door. It was a lot of Mana, but it felt warm.

“Gulp.”

Gulping my saliva nervously, I knocked on the door three times.

“Commander, this is Magiya Blaze.”

“Enter.”

She answered me, and I opened the door with one hand. Inside, Commander Amamiya was sitting behind her desk, looking at a tablet in her hand.

The room was almost empty. There was only a desk and a bookshelf in the corner. It was natural, as Commander Amamiya needed no furniture inside the room. She had something called space storage, a Magic Item that allowed her to store anything inside.

She looked up and smiled when I stepped into the room and closed the door behind me.

“You’re here, Magiya Blaze.”

“Yes, Commander.” I approached her and stopped in front of her desk. “May I know why I was called here today?”

“It’s about earlier.” Commander Amamiya answered as she put the tablet down on the table. “Did Arsy say something about what happened earlier?”

As I had expected, Commander Amamiya knew about Arsy. But why did she let her go easily? She had a chance to persuade that girl to join Raylight.

Also… Something that Arsy said? Come to think of it…

“When the territory was formed, and the girl named Diva killed her Giant’s patron, she mentioned something like ‘Giant who fell from grace,’ or something alongside that line.”

“So she did say that.” Commander Amamiya looked grim as she said that. There was a tinge of sadness in her tone. “I have an important order for you, Magiya Blaze. Convey this to Magiya Glacier too.”

“Yes!” I fixed my position and answered swiftly. Commander Amamiya looked at me seriously.

“Don’t say anything about a Giant who fell from grace to anyone. Don’t even mention it anymore. Earth is not ready for that knowledge yet.”

“I understand.”

I became curious. What was this Giant who fell from grace that even made the easy-going Commander Amamiya become serious? But I shouldn’t pry from her any further.

I will ask Arisugawa about this. I know that she will tell me with a bit of persuasion. I don’t like it, but I want to know about it!

“Also…”

Ah, it seems that the order isn't finished yet.

I concentrated on Commander Amamiya’s order once again, trying not to miss a single word.

A smile emerged from her face. It was her usual easy-going smile, but I had a bad feeling about it.

“I order you to live with Arisugawa Asa from tomorrow onward to monitor and help her. This order is absolute, and you can’t refuse, got it?”

“Huh?!” I unintentionally shouted loudly in front of her. Then I slapped my mouth almost immediately, but Commander Amamiya chuckled happily even though I was a bit rude.

“Hahaha, that’s the reaction that I expected.” She said, then her face turned serious again. “I am really counting on you in this one, Magiya Blaze. Arisugawa Asa. No, Arsy is essential. She will play an important part in protecting this world.”

It seemed like the problem this world faced was more serious than I originally thought. How many secrets do they hide from us?

I have always had that question since I returned to Raylight. However, that wasn’t really important. I only needed to do what I had been ordered to as a member of the Magical Girl School, Raylight.

“Yes, Commander.”

I can only hope that Arisugawa won’t tease me a lot.

***

“Puha!”

A girl with black twin-tailed hair emerged from the ground and took a satisfied breath. The area was lush green, in the middle of a forest near a mountain at the side of Tokyo. She was the girl that was supposed to die from Diva’s beam earlier, Magiya Terra or better known as Utahime.

“Wow, that was sick!” The girl got up and dusted her dirty clothes. They were messed up, and the frill didn’t look beautiful again. “Who knows that there is such a scary monster! I thought I was going to get killed for sure!”

Even with her condition, she was still able to smile. As she finished dusting her clothes, a flying snake appeared from the bushes near the girl.

“Good work, Terra.”

“Ah, Ten! Good work out there! You are able to get away safely!”

“Thanks to Diva’s uncontrolled Mana, I was sent flying. That was indeed dangerous. I also never thought a monster would be present in that place, on Earth nonetheless.”

“Hahaha, so she’s also a monster from your perspective?”

“Yeah. Even Magiya Raylight isn’t as close as her in terms of strength. If I should compare her to someone, then it would be to that troublemaker.”

“Ah, the real monster that you talked about, huh? Well, at least Diva is out of the game now, and we were able to complete our plan safely!”

“Indeed. The first Evil Magical Girl is born, and I believe the Giants who have been hiding all this time will make their move.”

“Yes, just as planned.” The girl smiled evilly. “I can’t wait to see my sister again. Ah~ Why should I be the one transported to this beautiful world? It made me sick with its peace and made me want to destroy it! Hahahahaha.”

The evil laugh filled the forest as the girl fell into her own world with a flying snake looking at her from the side.

*****

Announcement

Alright, guys! 1st Arc is done! I will stop upl;oading for a week or so and work for Patreon's advanced chapter in the meantime while planning ahead for Arc 2!

See you again in Arc 2!

Author Here~

6 Advanced chapters (For this series) available on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

I have some illustrations of Arsy, Asa, Diva, Magiya Blaze that I posted on Patreon too!

Join my discord!!
https://discord.gg/G24qyWdBXs

100