Chapter 56 – Showing the Difference!
1.6k 12 70
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I’d like to leave it to Akari, but it was impossible.

Akari’s skillset was an illusion, a fake and real illusion. You might be wondering, what was the difference between the two?

She had two wands, a short stick, and a fan. Her short stick created an illusion that only affected one person, which was used to fool a perception and senses.

While her fan was able to create a real illusion that affected a lot of people at once, she fooled the world itself. The illusion of Blaze and me were two examples of real illusion. She only needed to activate it once.

There was an occasion when she needed to use a fake illusion, which was when she fought another Magical Girl. She would surely need that.

However, her set of skills didn’t fit to fight Beasts. To put it simply, she was useless against mindless Beasts. She could only intimidate and taunt them or use pure Mana to combat them. With her current ability, that would be hard.

“Umbra,” I called out to her and grinned. My hand was raised toward the Beasts. First, I should gather them in one spot.

Dealing with them with my gravity was easy. But it would be too gruesome for the Livestream and, more importantly…

It isn’t flashy.

The only flashy thing I could use was to manifest Bahamut. But that… would serve no purpose. People would think that I was only dependent on the dragon’s strength without knowing that the dragon was just a manifestation of my mana.

That was the reason why I thought of using a normal Mana Bullet or Mana Ray. Just pure Mana with no element whatsoever. That would create some explosion on contact and a flashy purple and lightning effect due to my massive Mana.

Such a thing was bound to be flashy!

“Let me show you how the boss does it.”

“Yes!”

First of all, I needed to gather all those Beasts. I expanded my Gravity Area once again, covering the whole barrier to ensure I didn’t miss any Beast.

Then a Gravity Core. A black ball appeared in the middle of the street, right 50 meters from me, in front of my eyes.

One thing that I liked was crushing someone’s expectations. I glanced at the screen to see how people reacted to the Livestream’s when Celes blew the Beasts away with her tornado earlier.

And they were crazy, calling Celes a strong Magical Girl and me an arrogant one. They weren’t wrong, but they didn’t know the situation.

So I must show them a similar thing. The Tornado looked like a ray of beam created by winds. It was Magic instead of pure Mana.

My element didn’t allow me to shape my Magic like that. A shame, but I wasn’t created for that. Numbers were more important in Deepland. As an Independent Magical Girl, I could only count on myself.

Still, my control over my Mana was at its peak, thanks to my element, Control. I wasn’t Titan, so I couldn’t control other elements as that furball could.

Back to what I did. The Beasts pulled into one area, around the Gravity Core. I tossed my phone to Akari and looked at her over my shoulder.

“Make sure to see the people’s reaction and take a good picture of me. I want to make it my wallpaper.”

“Sure, General! Leave it to Sergeant Umbra!”

“Good!”

The Beasts were all accumulated in one spot in under a minute. Even the biggest Ape got pulled right into the center of the Gravity Core. I could imagine how people on the forum reacted and smiled smugly. I bet they changed their minds after this!

“Now now now, for the most fun part.” I pointed my cane toward the Beasts as a whirlwind of purple Mana got condensed at the tip of my cane in front of the shining black gem that turned purple.

I used a super duper extra massive amount of Mana. Behind the Beasts that got gathered was a mountain with no humans living in that place, so I didn’t need to hold back in the sense of using my power.

Arsy was a character from Magical Giants, a game with the setting in the Deepland. And Deepland was mostly a barren land with nothing on it. So the skill set of Magical Girls in that place was… really destructive.

There was one exception, and that was the Main Character with the purification and light element.

My character was no different. All this time, I only used a sparingly little Mana to create Mana Bullets and annihilate the Beasts. Even the Gravity Area and Gravity Core didn’t use even 1% of my total Mana.

This time, though… I used around 5% of my Mana to create Mana Ray. An application of Mana to create a beam created by pure Mana. There was a higher version called Mana Railgun, but that was too destructive to be used against weak Beasts like that and could certainly change Japan’s terrain.

Lightning crackled around the tip of my cane, signaling that the Mana Ray was ready to shoot. And so, while tilting my military hat up with my other hand, I shouted my technique name.

“Mana Ray!”

It happened almost instantly. A ray of purple light shot through from my cane to the Beasts below. It split the air, bathing the area around with a purple light.

When the light touched the Beasts, it deleted them out of existence, leaving nothing. Even their Core couldn’t handle the power of the beam.

Then a big explosion followed suit. It was bigger than I had thought, covering the whole barrier that I had created. And let me tell you, my barrier was 300 in diameter!

I quickly noticed my blunder. I had underestimated my own strength. So with a small Graviti Core I hastily created in my hand, I pulled the unconscious Celes near me and created another small barrier to cover us.

My vision was covered by a bright red.

“Tamaya!!” Akari had the courage to even enjoy this situation while shouting loudly. I wondered how she could be so calm. Even I panicked a little!

The explosion settled down a second later, but the black smoke still covered the area. I bet I made a big crater… Well, I could say to that government man that it was the result of a gas explosion. Yes, that would do. I wasn’t at fault!

And did someone say Livestream? That was just CGI! This wasn’t real!

Of course, the drone didn’t survive the explosion. So I could get my way out of this somehow. If by chance I was asked to pay for the damage I caused, I would just threate– have a nice talk with them. I was a little girl, so I would ask my cute dragon called Bahamut to accompany me!

Also, Akari looked up at me, so I shouldn’t let her see my messed-up face. So I put my hands on top of my cane and turned around with a big grin.

“That was some nice explosion!” I exclaimed as my phone’s camera flashed in front of my eyes a few times.

That light was really bright.

Author Here~

The first volume (For this series) has already finished on my Patreon!! You can find it Here

I have some illustrations of Arsy, Asa, Diva, Magiya Blaze that I posted on Patreon too!

Join my discord!!
https://discord.gg/G24qyWdBXs

70