Chapter 58 – Curtain Closed
881 3 58
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Akari made an awesome reaction. The illusions’ bodies trembled in fear as they retreated slowly. The reaction was only ever so slightly that it looked natural.

“That… What’s that?! My body is trembling just by looking at that!” Akari 2 hugged her body and hovered behind Memento, my illusion.

“I… You!” Memento growled, pointed her finger at me, and then shouted. “What is that?!”

“Can’t you see? A Dragon.” I shrugged my shoulders and glanced down. “This is my cute little Bahamut. If you are ever wondering about his title, then the people called him one of the Four Great Beasts, the Ruler of the Sky, the King of Dragon!”

“The King of Dragon?!” Memento repeated what I had said before falling silent.

I felt a tug on my cape and glanced to my side. It was Akari, and she was looking at me with a gaze that asked something like, ‘What should I do next?’

Our goal here was to show my power and expose Memento’s identity while trying our best to keep the attention on us instead of New York City.

The first and second were clear, and the third was a bit tricky. Still, if Commander Amamiya’s strength was just as strong as I had thought, then the third goal would be finished shortly.

“Let’s end this. Make 10 Magic Circles around Kyoto and make it look like they are shattered after Memento clenches her fist.” I whispered the instruction to Akari, to which she replied with an enthusiastic nod.

“Un! Leave it to me! I am ready anytime!”

“Good.” I grinned and turned back to Memento and Akari 2 once again.

“Listen, you mongrels! Cease what you did right now, or I will command Bahamut to smash you to a paste. I will give you 5 seconds to recall the tiny Dragons that you trapped inside the balloons.” I raised my hands and began counting.

“One!”

“Boss, what should we do?!” Akari 2 began to panic and looked at her left and right before her gaze landed on Bahamut. “At this point, we will really die!”

“Two!”

“Calm down, Umbra! We don’t know if that Bahamut is real!” Memento shouted back at Akari 2 and extended her hand. A purple Magic Circle appeared in front of her, and a small dragon came out from it. “Let’s see if that’s real!”

Once the small dragon appeared, it didn’t do anything. Instead, it instantly turned around and showed its belly while whimpering, “Kyuu~”

Seeing the small dragon’s behavior, Memento was flabbergasted and froze.

“Three~” I kept counting as I raised my finger with each countdown. Now my index, middle, and ring fingers were already raised. “You better make your decision now. I am not as forgiving as those Magical Girls of the Good Side.” I added with an evil smile.

“Boss! Let’s retreat for now!” Akari 2 kept pushing Memento to surrender. “We can create our army and get back at her in the future!”

Memento grounded her teeth. It created a grinding sound as she recalled the small dragon. It disappeared into a mote of purple light, much more similar to mine but darker.

Really, I should praise Akari for her job later. Let’s ask what she wants and grant it. She really does a goddamn good job!

This was perfect. Now for the finishing touch.

“Four!” I raised my pinky and waved my hand around. “Time is ticking~ I am still kind enough to let you retreat, you know?”

“Boss!”

I glanced at Akari for a moment and signaled her. She gave an okay with her eyes, signaling back that she was ready to create the illusion needed to make our drama believable.

Then, I slowly raised my thumb.

“Fi–“

“Alright!” Memento interjected me before I could fully raise my fifth finger. At that moment, Kyoto was engulfed in purple light as 10 massive Magic Circles appeared on the ground.

Those Magic Circles slowly faded away into nothingness, leaving no trace behind.

“I’ve recalled them,” Memento said shortly. Her golden eyes flashed between the hole in her mask. “Don’t think that we are afraid of you. It’s just that we’ve planned to do this since the start.”

“Right right~” I waved my hand in an uninterested manner. “You do what you do. But the fact that you made the whole population in Kyoto have a panic attack won't be erased from people’s memories.”

“That doesn’t matter,” Memento replied in a cheeky tone as she spread her arms. “I've accomplished my goal when you showed up.”

I narrowed my eyes at her words. I meant this was still in the script. If this was a movie competition, I might deserve an Oscar for the best dual acting, and Akari would win the best special effect.

Look! Even Memento’s deranged movement was clearly simulated without any flaws.

“Listen, all hidden Magical Girls!” Her crazy voice reverberated in the area, echoing from the Mana she infused in it.

This was a technique I taught Akari, and she mastered it in a matter of a minute. Really… Akari was a cheat! She was cheating with her two wands and massive talents! Kuh! I was jealous of her, but I loved her too!

Arsy was a character who would seek the most fun in every single situation. No matter how dangerous the situation was, she would do nothing if she thought it would lead to something fun.

Well, I was like that. That was my personality. So I thought… What if I make a second identity and lead the Evil Magical Girls in one organization? Wouldn’t that be fun?!

Using this situation, I hastily created Memento. And this was her declaration.

“Don’t be afraid! The government restricted us! The Giants slaved us! They don’t care about us! So what should we do? Destruction! Let’s destroy those who oppose us! But our powers are trivial compared to that monster.” She pointed at me dramatically.

“Fufufu, I am a big monster~” I played around with my voice and made it sound like a little kid. “Are you done with your speech?”

“No!” Memento retorted with a commanding tone. “Listen! For all Evil Magical Girls thrown away by the world! By injustice! I invite you to follow me! Join my organization! Let’s destroy the wor–“

Just before she finished her sentence, I sent a Magic Bullet straight to her head, piercing it cleanly. However, Memento’s body slowly faded away as if she wasn’t here, to begin with.

Shortly after, Akari 2 also began to disappear into a mote of blue light. This time, my acting would save the world. I frowned as I tried my best not to smile.

“They had run away, huh? For a rat, they are really clever.” My tone sounded disappointed, and Akari bowed down low.

“Forgive me, General. Even with my senses, I also didn’t notice that they were just an illusion.”

“It’s okay.” I waved my hand at Akari and recalled my Mana, ending the manifestation. “As I said, they are clever for a rat.” Bahamut slowly faded away in a purple light and disappeared completely a few seconds later.

I looked up at the sky, right straight at the drone, and made an exclamation.

“Try me. All of you who that crazy girl has called, feel free to come to me anytime. I know you’re hiding, afraid of the masses. But, let me tell you something.” My eyes turned into a dangerous slit as I grinned from ear to ear. “You will die once you face me.”

Now then… How many Evil Magical Girls will join my organization after this?

This would be interesting because I knew that Diva wasn’t the first Evil Magical Girl. She was just the first Evil Magical Girl recorded in public.

3 years was a long time, enough for those who had evil intentions to spread their roots. The fact Utahime and Magical Diva Girls’ plot stayed hidden all this time said it all.

That was why I thought of something. If they don’t want to show up by themselves, then I should fish them out by giving them a charismatic leader.

What a clever plan!

58