36. The Start of the Tournament
185 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read additional chapters, go join and support in www.pa treon.com/kurato6180

===

Goku and Krillin each other fought their way through the preliminaries and are now able to ascend to the Budokai tournament.

"Yahooooo!"

"Hooray, hooray, hooray!"

Goku and Krillin happily cheered as they got selected in the top eight constants. And both of them are searching for Alex and Master Roshi to relay the good news.

"Excuse us! Excuse us!" Goku and Krillin are searching for the companions in the vast crowd of people.

"Look at all these people! It doesn't look like we will be able to find Master Roshi and brother Alex at this rate." Krillin said to Goku after seeing the vast crowd.

Goku pondered a bit and then came across a bald man in crowd.

"Hey, uncle. Do you mind?" Goku said and climbed on the top of his head. After searching from a height, he found his companions.

"Over there! Everyone's together." Goku said as he found everyone.

---

"Oh! My! Long time no see!" Master Roshi said to both kids.

"Master Roshi-San, just where are you living now? I went to the island to see Goku, but there was nothing there!" A chick asked Master Roshi. The chick has blue hair with a single ponytail behind her. And she is nobody other than the daughter of Dr. Breif – Bulma.

"It was too small place to give Goku proper training, so we moved. But more importantly how about letting me do puff-puff or two for old times sake?" Master Roshi said with a lewd expression.

"Yeah right…!!" Bulma bought out a wooden hammer out of no where and slammed it to Master Roshi's head.

"Oolong!" Goku saw his friend and happily called his name. Oolong who heard his name turned back and saw Goku.

"Gokuuu! Waahh! Long time no see!!" Oolong happily shakes both of his hands with Goku.

"Yeah for real!" Goku replied happily. Goku is happy to see his friends for coming for him in this tournament. Goku then noticed Bulma and a black cat behind him.

"Bulma, Puar, how are you two?"

"Good." Puar replied.

"Hey! What are you doing in a place like this?" Bulma asked Goku. Before Goku could reply a sudden voice came from behind.

"So, you are friends of Goku. Thank you for taking care of Goku." Alex said to them. Alex was gone for training and grandpa Gohan died as well. Alex was worried about Goku. Even though they are not related by blood, they're already brothers. So, he thanked Goku's friends because he knew the trouble he can cause.

Oolong, Puar and specially Bulma took a glance towards Alex. Alex was already too good in looks. So, mesmerising people with looks is normal for him. Plus, his mannerisms gives of a regal feeling. After all, Alex is a Duke.

"Oh! Brother Alex." Goku said as he heard the voice. All three of them snapped from the dream. All three of them dragged Goku to corner and bombarded him with questions, especially Bulma.

"Goku! Who is that handsome, cool, elegant man? Why didn't you introduce him to me earlier?" Bulma asked with frustration.

"He is my big brother. Due to some work, he had gone to somewhere but he came to see me today." Goku said without much hesitation.

"Aargh! I already have a boyfriend. Or else…" Bulma regrets not meeting Alex before.

---

"If the talk is over, how about introduce yourselves?" Alex asked them.

"Oh! We forgot. I am Bulma. This cat is Puar. And the pig is Oolong."

"Hey!" Oolong shouted angrily as he didn't like the way Bulma introduced him.

"I am Alex. I am Goku's big brother. By the way, Goku why don't you introduce your new friend to them?"

"That's right. This is the guy I trained together with, Krillin."

"Nice to meet you." Krillin bowed as Goku introduced him to Bulma and Co.

"You came as a participant, didn't you? Have you met up with Yamcha?" Oolong asked Goku.

"Yeah! His hair was so short that I didn't recognize him at first."

"By the way, how did things go?" Master Roshi asked both of them.

"Did you both made it to top eight?" Alex also asked after Master Roshi.

Both Goku and Krillin made a big smile and laughed.

"Of course, you did!" Bulma said to both of their laughing faces.

"Yeah! Me, Krillin and Yamcha too!" Goku replied.

"Congratulations!" Puar said happily and laughing.

"You never fail to impress me as usual." Oolong said.

"You're all amazing." Bulma said loudly.

"Good work both of you." Master Roshi also gave congratulations to both of them.

"I am proud of you, Goku. And Krillin as well." Alex said as he rubbed both Goku and Krillin's head.

"WE WILL NOW BEGIN THE BUDOKAI TOURNAMENT! TO THE EIGHT CHOSEN CONTESTANTS, PLEASE GATHER YOURSELVES INSIDE THE BUDOU MAIN TEMPLE"

An announcement came which echoed in the crowds.

"Now, go both of you and win this tournament." Alex said to both of them.

"Yeah! X2" Both of them replied excitedly and left after climbing the wall nearby.

"Fufu… he's still a little runt just like before." Bulma said.

"That's right. I haven't seen him for 2 years and he is same as before. Well, his innocence is what makes him special." Alex said as he heard Bulma's remark.

"Alex-san, I forgot to ask but why did you were away for 2 years?" Bulma asked while blushing slightly.

"That is because I am a traveller. Goku is not my real blood brother. I was taken in by grandpa and then I met Goku. Now grandpa has passed, so it's my duty to take of him. Or else Grandpa Gohan will not forgive me." Alex said while remembering the time he spent with grandpa Gohan and Goku.

"Alex-san, sorry for…"

Before Bulma could say anything, a loud announcement came to let people know that the tournament is going to start.

"THANK YOU ALL FOR WAITING SO LONG, EVERYONE! WE WILL BEGIN THE 21th BUDOKAI TOURNAMENT."

"Let's watch tournament first, Bulma-san. After coming if we can't enjoy it, then there is no meaning." Alex said to Bulma.

"You are right! Let's go and cheer for Goku, Krillin and Yamcha!" Bulma smiled and ran to front towards the arena.

8