Ch 39. A Real Fight (2)
153 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

To read additional chapters go and support in www.pa treon.com/kurato6180

===

ARE YOU READY GENTLEMEN? LET THE MATCH BEGIN!"

*Gong! *

With the sound of the gong, the second round of Budokai Tournament – Yamcha vs Jackie Chun began!

Both the contestants were facing each other. In one side, a vigour and a bit inexperienced youthful kid. While the other side was a frail old man but the man gave an aura of experienced fighter.

'Jackie Chun? Never heard of him. Guess, I will observe him during the fight.'

Yamcha thought as he heard the name from announcement. Most strong martial artists are known through the globe. An emerging star like Goku may be unknown but an aged martial like his opponent should be in those known names. Yamcha who was a martial arts practitioner himself, was quite confident to know the big figures in the field of martial arts. But he didn't seem to remember the name – Jackie Chun in his memories.

Though he didn't know about his opponent, he didn't underestimate the opponent. As it is said," Better to overestimate than underestimate."

He took a very common stance. It was just like the Basic Stance of Taekwondo. But still a bit different. The leg positions were same. The dominant leg or right leg was behind with left leg in front for support. But the hand positioning was quite different from Taekwondo.

In Taekwondo, the hands are positioned just above the leg positions. The reason for it is to allow a proper balance and more power during the rotation of waist for kicking. After all, Taekwondo is a leg sport.

But Yamcha, he kept is right hand which was his dominant one near the waist with a fist. Just like the Karate practitioner keep for a straight punch. And his left hand was in front of him which gives him to react for an attack. If his opponent uses a kick, he can use his left hand to block it, and then can launch a straight punch directly to the abdomen.

As he took his stance, Jackie Chun simply stood there without any stance with simply putting his hands in back.

'He didn't take any stance? It means he's crazy or…. he is confident in himself. Well waiting won't do much.'

Yamcha thought as he observed his opponent. Meanwhile, Alex who was in side lines was gauging Yamcha's abilities.

'Confident but not arrogant. He didn't let his guard down, even though he didn't know much about his opponent which could be seen from uncertainty in his face. And he took the most optimal move which show he has a calm thinking. He is good. Good enough to defeat some top warriors in my world. But he haven't started using Ki. He is going to lose this one.'

In the world of Dragon Ball, the humans are pretty strong. Krillin who is a human can reach great heights with training. Most martial artist can indeed defeat some of the top warriors in Alex's world.

Though I prefer using Mana, it looks like I have to use Ki training. Ki is indeed a very powerful energy. And my body is made for it. With unlimited vitality, I can have unlimited Ki. Though my physical prowess is not enough with the Goku's Super Saiyan Forms. And I also have to work on Limitless. I have to simplify the flashy attacks with small and easy attacks. Looks like I will have to train after returning from quest.'

Alex who saw the usage of Ki from his own eyes, couldn't discard such powerful energy. After all, in whole Dragon Ball, Ki is the power which is used by everybody to destroy anything even planets! Just like Haki, in one piece. Though Haki doesn't have such destructive power like Ki. While Alex was lost in his thoughts, the match on arena has already started.

Yamcha who was in his proper stance knew that he has to take initiative for attack. The first hit will give him the estimated power level of opponent which he had to know because he didn't know anything about his opponent which could disadvantage to him later on.

"Take this!"

Yamcha jumped with a kick motion. Instead of using a normal kick, he jumped. But instead of using right kick, he was airborne with his left leg forward in kick motion. As he reached near the old man's face, he quickly discarded his kick and punched!

His left jump kick was a feint! If he had jumped with his right leg in forward, it would be impossible to launch the proper right punch because he wouldn't be able to balance himself properly. But to his surprise, the old man dodged it by tilting his head right way.

Without giving the old man to rest, Yamcha launched a right knee kick on his face. But once again, the old man dodged by bending backwards. As Yamcha lands, he swinged his left hand in lower part of opponent. But the old man has seen it coming and jumped and dodged it.

Yamcha launched a proper combo moves. First, a left jump kick which acted as feint. Then, he launched a right punch. Then a right knee kick. And finally, a low hand swing.

It can be seen that if Yamcha's opponent was a normal martial artist, then he would win with this 3x combo. But the old man – Jackie Chun dodged all the blows and with just minimal movement. Yamcha who was calm at the start started to get angry.

"YAMCHA HAS ATTACKED QUICKLY AND FIERCELY….. BUT CHUN HAS EVADED ALL OF THEM EASILY. CAN YAMCHA WIN?"

5