5. Irika
2.4k 11 75
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While hunting, I head towards the city.

My eyes calmly glance around. It seems that there are several other people hunting besides me.

It's a fairly popular game, so I'm kind of happy that the number of people is increasing.

I just wanted to pass by leisurely, but there’s someone who seems to be struggling.

It’s a cute girl.

The armour is the same as mine, while the weapon is... what is it? Is it mace?

Ah! It seems that the mace has been knocked off due to the impact of being attacked by a Cuckobird.

It’s bad! Let's help her!

I dash behind the monster who was attempting to finish off the girl and lunge at it.

At the same moment, the girl is also releasing her attack.

The Cuckobird is helpless against the pincer attack and instantly fades away into the air without any resistance.

Well, I wish you will become a good monster in your next life, Mr. Bird! Amitabha.

"Um, I’m sorry. I take your prey."

I speak to the girl gently while scratching my head.

This girl is kind of catching my fancy, so I want to act like a gentleman in front of her.

"No, no! Thank you! Thank you very much!"

The girl bows her head and thanks me.

Good. If you tell me not to disturb you with this, I won't be able to speak to you in the future.

"Is that so? I'm glad you're safe."

I flash a smile at her.

Well, I've helped you, but now what?

It seems like it's going to be meddlesome to keep talking poorly.

When I’m still in the middle of my thoughts, the girl takes the initiative again.

"Um, thank you very much. My name is Irika. If you don't mind, could you tell me your name?"

"It doesn't matter. My name is Eve. Nice to meet you, Irika."

"Yes. Nice to meet you!"

The hand I hold out is firmly grasped.

I can feel the softness in my palm.

Soft, isn't it? It feels good.

Without staring too hard, I take a closer look at this young girl once again.

She is much shorter than me.

Her boobs are small too. It’s not like they are as flat as runways, but my niece, who is still in 5th grade of elementary school, has a better curve than this girl.

She has bright blue eyes, short blue hair, and blue dog ears on her head. It looks like a different race than humans.

"Um, if you don't mind, could you register me as a friend?!"

Her fingers are fidgeting, but the puppy eyes that stare at me sparkle.

So cute...

"Of course. Nice to meet you."

We register each other as friends.

If you register as a friend, you can see the location of the other person on the map, and you can also send messages.

Convenient, isn't it?

"I'm going back to town, but what are you going to do?"

"Wow, I'll be back with you!"

I happily agree.

I think I need to take a break as well.

***

I’m back inside the town with Irika.

We talk to each other as we stroll around the town.

When you register someone as a friend, you'll be able to see their level and race.

Irika’s race is a beastkin.

Beastkin’s most prominent feature is their animal ears, and it seems that which animal they become is random.

Her job is as a pharmacist.

When producing a potion, it seems that a certain degree of correction will be applied to the work that can be done and the required level.

I see, i see.

The strong first hit of my [Stealth] may also be due to the thief job’s correction.

Even so, Irika should be a new player like me, but how did she know that information?

"Eve-san, haven't you received any quests yet?"

"A quest…is it?"

Haaa…

I went straight to the north gate from the square, so I didn't receive anything, right?

"Yes. If you go west from the plaza, there's an NPC tool shop. I was asked about various things there."

Ehhhh….

It looks like when you talk to an NPC, you may receive a request called a quest, and if you successfully complete it, you may get items and skills along with experience points.

So that’s work too.

I thought I could only learn weapon skills by using them, but there are other ways to learn without using skill points.

Let's make a mental note of it.

No, it's still good. I don't have any particular skills that I want.

More than that, it's this child now.

"Then, are you heading to that person from now on?"

"That's right, but I haven't collected the requested items yet... I don't have any more HP potions to collect, so I have no choice but to do it little by little."

"What is that missing item?"

"It's a Cockobird feather... I need to collect 20, but I only have 6..."

As far as I've killed cockbirds, they definitely drop their wings.

If there are only 6 yet, it means that only 6 have been defeated.

Luckily, I have 16 wings.

Well… Let’s do it this way.

"Then I'll give you my wings. I have no plans to use them anyway." I say.

"No, no. There’s no way I can’t accept it. Even though I'm really grateful that you want to help me, I don’t want to bother you any further!"

Irika’s rejection is still within my expectations.

She just met me recently, so if I insist on giving it to her for free, she’ll be suspicious.

No, no. This kid isn’t the type of person who doubts people easily. Instead, she is the naïve type. She is more likely afraid to be indebted to me rather than doubt me.

"No, of course, it's not free. I'm hoping that when Irika can make a potion, you’ll give me a special discount."

"Do you want potion...?"

"Yeah, I'm new to this kind of game too, so I don't really know what to do yet. That's why having someone who can sell me potion is very important."

"I do understand that, but..."

"Is it fine if you just understand me? By the way, I think you should go to a tool shop, right? Let’s not dawdle on this matter anymore. Oh also, I would be happy if you could continue to be friends with me."

"……yes!"

The last push seems to have worked.

I’m able to get her to accept it with a smile.

After I hand the feathers to Irika, we part after promising to meet again.

It looks like she's going to train as a pharmacist from now on.

And I'm going to continue my exploration of the city.


Character Introduction:

Irika - Player. A cute,  petite beastkin girl with blue eyes, blue hair, and blue canine ear. Eve helps her when she is struggling with beginner monsters. In battle, she acts as a tank, and her weapons are a mace, a sub, and a spear. Apprentice pharmacist.

DohfSo7.jpg

75