20. Shopping with Yuna-san
1.2k 7 41
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Eve, check your status."

I obediently open my status window.

---

Presence Detection Lv1 (New), Super Hearing Lv4 (New)

---

Oh my.

Thankfully, my struggle doesn’t end up in vain.

I’ve successfully learned the [Presence Detection] and, to my surprise, I learned [Super Hearing] as well.

It’s a good harvest overall.

I can understand when it comes to hearing, but what is this presence about?

As I’m checking my skills, a tingling sensation suddenly runs down my spine, so I jump to the side on reflex.

A pebble fly past the spot where I stood.

Oh, is the sensation I felt earlier due to the [Presence Detection] skill?

When I moved around randomly at the later stage of the training I also felt the same thing and my body subconsciously reacted to it.

So, it was actually not that random?

What is this supposed to mean?

After discussing it together with Celia and my party, we come to a conclusion regarding the method of obtaining those two skills.

[Super Hearing] can be trained by forcing the person to push their hearing sense to the limit by blocking their other sense, in this case, sight.

As for [Presence Detection], by blocking sight and hearing, we’re forced to hone our instincts to avoid the attack. This is what we call a "Sixth Sense" in the real world.

But man… still… the training is really exhausting.

This is the first time I concentrated so much ever since I started playing this game.

"Okay, that’s for training today. You can spend the rest of the day as you please."

After saying that, Celia says goodbye and returns to the city ahead of us.

Still, isn’t it a bit too casual, Celia-san?

I feel a little lonely here.

"Now that the training is over, why don’t we go hunting?"

Yuna-san proposes in a cheerful voice.

Hunting is alright, but there’s something I want to do first.

"If I could, I'd like to look at the clothing stores in town."

"I-I… I want to practice making a potion a little bit…"

Irika mutters in a small voice.

Now that I remember, she hasn’t touched the medicinal herbs she got since yesterday.

"I'll accompany Irika. You can go on with your business."

Iris-san pulls Irika’s hand and the two of them go together.

The only ones left are Yuna-san and me.

"Hahaha. Well then, let's go around the clothing stores together."

"Yes, please do."

I take her arm and we walk together to the city.

---

"So, what are you looking for?"

While I’m still enjoying the softness of Yuna’s arm, she turns to me and asks.

"That’s… I want to buy some everyday clothes, and umm… some nice underwear while at it."

"Hoo~ If it’s everyday clothes, I can recommend you several shops, but for underwear, it might be slightly difficult."

"Why is that? I thought there must be a decent number of demands for underwear, though."

Yuna-san gives me a wry smile as she answers.

"The Thieves’ Guild holds the monopoly over underwear sales, with the main target of selling being the so-called night workers."

Oh my.

Did it mean I had to wear this kind of plain and cheap underwear all the time?

I can’t imagine prostituting myself just for the sake of buying new underwear.

"So, the only option right now is to make one myself?"

"Yes, that's right. So, let's go look at some everyday clothes. There is a store over there."

We come across a nice-looking, medium-sized clothing store.

The store owner didn’t produce their own clothes but has a contractual agreement with several people with sewing skills on the basis of sharing profit.

That’s why you can find various kinds of clothes being displayed in the store.

Everyday clothes aren’t too much different from ordinary equipment. They also give the wearer a defense boost.

"Have you shopped here, Yuna-san?"

"Yes, I have. I wear the clothes under the breastplate I bought at a weapons store."

I converse with Yuna-san while browsing through the rack of clothes available in the store.

There are indeed many varieties of stuff sold in this store, but I can’t find the one that suits my needs.

"Oh, I think something like this would look good on Yuna-san. What do you think?"

I notice two nice articles, one a beige knee-length trench coat, and the other a white high-rise short.

Personally, I think this kind of clothing suits a person with a refreshing personality like Yuna-san.

Besides, her current outfit is a bit too boyish or not sexy enough.

She wears a typical white long sleeve shirt with a leather breastplate on top of it. Plain brown trousers below and belt pouch on her waist, while putting on ordinary leather shoes on her feet.

Such a look really doesn't do her charm justice.

"This kind of clothes is… a bit embarrassing."

Yuna-san’s beautiful face turns beet red as she shook her head in refusal.

I’ve never thought that she also has this kind of side too.

It’s really cute.

Hmmm.

Would it work with one more push?

Before I can say anything more, Yuna-san quickly shifts the topic to me.

"Anyway, what kind of clothes do you want, Eve-chan?"

"Me? I'm going for the kunoichi look. I'm thinking of making the sleeves of my kosode so long that you can't see my hands, and I'm thinking of putting this dagger thing in there."

"Hmmm… something like kimono, huh?"

I guess it’s hard to convey my unique design, and it’s certainly difficult to get them in a common store.

So, it’s back to making it with my own hands, huh?

Underwear, my clothes, and Yuna's clothes.

Should I make all of them?

I think Yuna-san will accept it if it is in the form of a present.

"Yuna-san, I have decided. I will make my own underwear and clothes!"

I declare in high spirits after leaving the store.

Momentum is important in a situation like this.

Yuna-san looks at me with an amused smile.

"Haha, you wanted underwear that badly?"

"That's part of it, but what I want is some special clothes, and I thought it would be better if I could make them myself."

"Well, I guess you're right. Unless you get to know the craftsman well, you can't even arrange a single point."

"I guess you're right. I don't know any craftsmen, so I think I'll make it myself."

But still, I don’t have any experience of making my own clothes right now.

Maybe I should knit a scarf first and see how my skills go.

There is an assassin's scarf… isn't there?

"Can you sew clothes too, Eve-chan?"

"No, as I said, I only have experience with simple knitting. I hope I can manage with that, but…"

I've heard that [Sewing] is not as severe as [Cooking], and it depends on how much the surface area you're working on.

For example, if you knit a 10cm x 10cm piece of cloth, does that mean you can reproduce it on a 100cm x 1cm piece of cloth or a 50cm x 2cm piece of cloth?

That might make it very easy.

Materials might be wasted, but we could knit a large piece of cloth and then sew the clothes.

After making up my mind, Yuna-san and I set off to the place where we could buy sewing tools right away.

Although I'm new to this, I plan to continue to bring you exciting GL/Yuri stories as long as I can. If you like my work, please consider supporting me on Patreon! Only with 5$ a month you can read up to 7 chapters ahead of public release and the stockpiles still continue to grow. In addition, you can get additional benefits depending on what Tier you choose.

That's all and happy reading!

41