Chapter 16 Death
65 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The dark grey clouds in the sky were getting heavier and the night is getting darker. in the night sky, most of the stars were covered away by the clouds leaving a few shining with faint lights blinking away in the sky. there was a full moon tonight but almost half of the moon was covered by the dark grey heavy clouds.

Biao Zi saw cold unfeeling clear black eyes with a hint of red running across the sclera like red lightning staring down at her. She thought she saw those black clear eyes somewhere but she could not remember it since her head was foggy and she was very anxious.

Ying Zheng stared down at Biao Zi like an ant he could kill or play with at any time. Ying Zheng loved this feeling. During the past nine months or so he had to act like a good person who loves the world and is obedient and a bit smart but not too smart like he only understood the common sense and few above that he was seen as your average Joe who obeyed his superiors was kind to his men hated the barbarians and was naturally curious about other cultures.

Seeing his eyes Biao Zi fell down on her ass. Her forehead was drenched in a cold sweat, and she felt restless, too afraid to even breathe heavily. She begged while crying "please let me go sir I I beg you."

Hearing this Ying Zheng was even more sure now that she was a spy that had come to poison him. When his thoughts had reached this point his eyes had become even redder but he had to make sure she doesn't doubt him then he questioned her with the calmest voice he could muster "Did you succeed?"

Biao Zi was scared she almost peed.

The forest looked serene at night and yet scary Dark tree trunks, shadows, overhanging limbs across the path seen at the last second, clumps of bushes, barely visible black trails snaking through the undergrowth, the moon shining through a lattice of leaves, patchy sky & stars seen in glimpses through tree breaks.

Ying Zheng could hear wind slipping through leaves and slowly started moving and shortening the distance between the both of them cracking the undergrowth with each step.

Rich earth, rotting leaves, pine needles, fresh air, a slight scent of flowers, earthy fungus, tree sap, and wild animal musk entered Ying Zheng's nose.

Ying Zheng worked his way along the narrow trail inching closer to Biao Zi leaves sliding across his hands like wet tongues. Ying Zheng found this very annoying he felt that the forest should make way wherever he passed.

Seeing the mysterious man inching closer to herself Biao Zi felt like she was about to die "S...sir I do not understand what you mean I promise you I do not what you are talking about please I beg to let me go waaaa waaaa waaaa..." She practically crying at this point in time. She felt wronged at this point in time.

Seeing this Ying Zheng frowned 'could it be I was wrong? No! No! No! hahaha sh,e is trying to make me lower my guard could she have found out? I do not believe I am the smartest person in the world or the strongest but I do not believe there are many people above me in strength in this world but wisdom and knowledge I can be considered normal so she is probably smarter than me. I should push her more.'

Ying Zheng sneered "Hmph what do you take me for? So do not make me repeat myself again got it?" Ying Zheng questioned condescendingly but before she could answer he asked again "Did you complete the assignment?"

Biao Zi felt so wronged that she had tears and mucus all over her face. She wanted to speak but could not do it since she was choking and taking big gulps of air. "I... I ... s... swear s... sir I gulp! I do not know what y... you mean p... please I beg you to l... let me g... go please please please waaaa..."

Ying Zheng frowned and asked "You did not poison him? If did not I am going to kill you hmph do not expect me to have mercy on you if you did not complete your mission." Ying Zheng felt like this woman was very tricky or maybe she did not do it and even if she did not do it she still has to die you do not get a medal for not doing wrong but you get punished for your mistakes what a world. Ying Zheng sighed in relief that she did not poison him.

Hearing this Biao Zi's face ran out of blood and became an unhealthy pale and fainted.

Seeing this Ying Zheng became confused again 'how can a person faint at this point? Is she pretending and waiting for me to come closer to her to kill me? hmph, how ridiculous how can a mere woman who was just under me a few moments ago beat me hmph.'

Ying Zheng came even closer to her and stayed one point five meters away from her and poked her with his spear seeing she did not react yet he left a deep wound on her legs. Seeing she did not react yet he frowned 'She is either one of those trained assassins or she really fainted.'

Ying Zheng came even closer and reduced the distance between the two of them to around one meter and used his spear to cut her Achilles tendon. Unfortunately, his spear was not sharp enough and he had to cut three times completely and cleanly cut off her Achilles tendon. 'If this was a real battle or the person I was killing could fight back this might be fatal danger but this can also be blamed on this being a spear and its main use being for stabbing or perhaps I am too careful.'

Ying Zheng came forward very swiftly and stabbed her heart but he did not stop there just to be careful since he remembered that there are people who have their hearts at the right lower or upper so Ying Zheng stabbed her nine times just to be sure seeing this he sighed and recited a poem from his past life out loud.

"Death is a gift from heavens above,

Death is something you can not run from,

Death is something you can not regret,

Death is a wish,

A wish you might soon to regret,

Death can scare you,

You can not cheat death's design,

Death is not a game,

Death is something you might not win,

When you number is called you know death is calling for you, Theres no pain, No more regrets, No more broken hearts, Someday soon we all will die in deaths arms."

Ying Zheng then laughed "Hahaha so it was true 'Death is a gift from the heavens above as soon as you realize it is a gift you will be free. I am truly envious of you Biao Zi perhaps you will be peaceful in your death and you left your family a few days of mourning but more food hahaha but do not worry I will follow you soon perhaps any moment now or a thousand years from now but death comes for us all Hahahahaha."

Ying Zheng truly felt delirious and euphoric and slowly walked away.

***

End of chapter

Creation is hard, cheer me up! VOTE for me!

Like it ? Add to library!

Have some idea about my story? Comment it and let me know.

0