Chapter 18 Lin Feng
57 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A 1000-man unit is considered a small army. Unlike previous ranks, the size of this unit can affect the morale of other units and influence the battle.

According to Ying Zheng 'a 1000-man unit cannot rely only on momentum to win battles.'

The commander has the right to promote 3 people to the rank of lieutenant, as well as the right to promote soldiers to 100-man commanders. The unit is also allowed to bring in a strategist.

When achieving this rank, the commander gains the right to enter war meetings, however, they still aren't allowed to speak.

Achieving this rank is no easy task and getting past it is no easy feat considering almost the whole higher-ups are corrupt and will only promote their own loyal goons loyal subordinates and close family members and the royal family can do almost nothing about it but participate in this vulgarities.

A commander can gain this rank by achieving many merits on various battlefields. When a general deems an individual worthy of a promotion this rank is given. The loss of a 1000-man commander can create the opportunity for 100 man commander or a 300-man commander or a 500-man commander to get a temporary field promotion, and if that commander proves themselves worthy the rank can become permanent.

Although a 100-man commander being promoted directly to a 1000-man commander is unlikely but it can happen if the commander himself has sufficient merits or good background support. It would be best if you have both since no one can refute or complain your promotion was unfair or prejudiced.

...

 General Qing Huan calmly swept through everyone with freezing cold eyes filled with bloodlust then continued "yesterday we lost a great number of troops and most of their commanders. I can see none of you feel remorse for them. Yesterday they died and tomorrow you will die but do not forget just like how you did not feel anything today no one will care about your death, in fact, everyone will be happy you died."

Although General Qing Huan was a general he did not reach there with his own effort and hard work but because he was from a noble family and since he did not reach there with his own effort he was not very calculating and wise. Besides he was bitter that his own faction did not get the lion's share of the opened positions.

"Alright it has been favorable for the past two years and I do not have much to say about this and that in fact, I would like to think that it was flawless."

General Qing Huan let out a relaxed sigh "Sigh~~~ before I continue to the promotions I want to say a few things."

Stopping for a moment and scanning the room to take in everyone's opinions general Qing Huan continued with his speech, "We have been fighting the barbarians for as long as we can count back and so did our ancestors and their ancestors before them, and so on and so forth. We have heaven's mandate and are beloved by the world but the barbarians have come to take this away from us and have continued to come into our lands to kill our families and friends."

General Qing Huan paused for a moment to let that sink in then he continued in a heated motivational voice "But now they are planning a new offensive. Their assault was abrupt and brutal and they have taken the advantage but we are not going to be outdone. We will improve, upgrade and reinforce our troops, and we will confront those sneaky barbarian rats head-on. Their brutality and savagery are pushing our civilization backward. conflict is unavoidable. War will break out anytime."

General Qing Huan stopped again and then continued "Now how will you decide your fates and the fates of your family friends and loved ones?"

Hearing this any commander with half a brain sneered in their hearts.

'Does he think we are children hmph'

'What a good for nothing everything was well written for you yet you still fucked up."

'Who is he kidding? We can all tell he is lying.'

'Go tell that to three-year-olds'

That is what everyone thought in their hearts but nobody said that in fact some of the commanders went over to get closer to him flatter him and pet his ego.

But everywhere there is always a naive fool who believes in the lies told to him and comes back crying later on.

Lin Feng is a strong young man but he is the opposite of Ying Zheng. Lin Feng loves the world and trusts human nature, in reality, he is the perfect Confucian scholar who thinks how the world works is wrong and people should have mercy on each other love each other and support each other. 

He believes deep in his heart that everyone is stupid and can not use their brains

Lin Feng is the kind of guy that believes he is wise and others are foolish even though he does not know it himself he still has that proud headstrong attitude.

***

End of Chapter

Follow as I slowly drive Ying Zheng into madness but that does not mean he will be foolish or stupid in fact he will slowly get wiser.

People do not become wise through magic or a miracle perhaps you are smarter than others but you lack the experience of utilizing that knowledge on yourself you are not wise in fact far from it after all knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.

The measure of wisdom is the ability to change. If you can not change yourself you are not wise. If can recognize the problem but not change you are intelligent and not wise.

Humans are all born with cognition and they gain knowledge on their way to adulthood but to truly become wise you need the willingness to change and perseverance not everyone can go through the process of change.

There is no end to wisdom in fact if you ask me I would probably answer we are at the door but truly not wise. This is just my small point of view. I said that there is no door to wisdom and truly believe that our end goal should be freedom, not true freedom but freedom from our human nature then can we perhaps slowly move forward from there?

I believe to get rid of the humanity in us we should aim to become sages. A sage is above humans since he has no human emotions or maybe he does we are not sure all we know is sages are the next evolution for humans. 

A sage can be kind at one moment and a beast the next. There is no constant in the Sage.

...

The saying goes, 'The sage rests, truly rests and is at ease.' This manifests itself in calmness and detachment, so that worries and distress cannot affect him, nothing unpleasant can disturb him, his Virtue is complete and his spirit is not stored up. ---ZHUANGZI

...

But Ying Zheng will not become a sage or at least he will not be a sage for a million years. If you ask me what is the best way to become a Sage I would say madness and longevity that rivals that of the heavens.

0