A few Tests
1.3k 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

He had ended up making 23 burritos. A large amount for sure, but that was just because of how many people liked his cooking in the 'Foster' school.

An abandoned school had been due to be torn down, but a few kind people got together and renovated it, turning it into a massive foster home. It... Took a while for it to get through regulations and to actually be considered an eligible home, but due to its size of it. A lot of income was used, and the 'Top Brass' which included a few of the grown children who helped even after they could leave basically paid for everything.

Along with using a lot of 'Discounts' offered by store employees, and actually abusing the hell out of that and coupons, they had quite a lot of money saved up, 5 thousand for each kid that turned 18. Out of the 32 kids that have gotten out so far, 12 were still staying in their own section of the school, and 6 of those twelve had let the Foster parents keep the money.

Overall, it was a huge and happy family, there were times where it got rocky, especially when someone particularly nasty got taken in, but it was really, REALLY hard to stay upset, or edgy when Ms. Norris was involved, the lady was an angel sent directly from outer heaven it felt like.

She took care of everyone the best she could, and there were over 60 of the kids right now, all of varying ages.

With Peter having just turned 16 and currently in his second year of high school, or well going onto his second year.

During breakfast, he had fed venom two burrito's from under his jacket, getting mini burbs and growls while he did. Even as far as giving him a strip of bacon while he was cooking.

Once he finished eating and saying goodbye to everyone as everyone went to go do their own thing, Peter began to run tests on his body in the gym.

The weights... even the heaviest he could go was two bars each having 200 lb on each side, meaning four hundred in total on one bar, two bars bringing that to eight.

Even as he lifted eight above his head he felt nothing, even going far enough to make sure Venom wasn't accidentally empowering him.

He continued to add weight until he had five bars, equalling 2,000 lbs. Once he lifted it this time, he noticed an actual slight strain, not much but he noticed it. This required both arms, without both it was a heavier strain. So he'd keep his overall strength scale around only a single ton until he felt comfortable with throwing around more, even then he would need to hold further back against human opponents, don't need to go punching jaws off.

His strength felt like a progression switch, he didn't need to focus to withhold it from him, but if he actively focused he could slowly turn up the knob until it was at 100% of what he was capable of.

After he finished that test, he labeled his strength with no training and directly after his evolution around a single tone, most likely two tons if he pushed himself.

Returning the weights to the racks he rolled his shoulders and began to stretch out, noticing he was much more flexible than he had been before. Even going as far as to be able to sit and then lean his body all the way forward to slide his fingers past his toes.

Continuing his stretches until he moved to the wall of the gym.

He looked at his fingers, his vision focusing as he tried to see if he had barbs on his fingers, which he didn't notice at all.

Putting his hand to the wall he began to focus on willing himself to stick. With a slight tug he noticed his fingers not giving from the wall, he then began to climb the wall with ease, it wasn't exactly a frictionless surface like a window, but there were no hand holds. He shifted to walking with his feet, and even despite the inherent gravity that would be pulling him down towards the floor, he felt no mental block saying which was way up or down, he knew what way was up and down.

He simply ignored it.

Walking along the wall he noticed that it was almost instinctual when to release his grip and move his foot next, soon he began to run along the walls of the large gym, around and around.

Stopping he dropped back to the floor, making his way to the middle of the room he began to hop on his feet. 

'Alright spider boy, let's try jumping.'

Jumping! I like Jumping!!

Peter snickered softly before he began to bounce on his feet, putting a little more strength into each hop. Each hope added a few more feet than before, it wasn't until the final hop that brought him near the roof of the gym did his body suddenly activate on instinct, something seemed to buzz around him before he raised his hand, gripping onto the ceiling he pulled himself around and hid into one of the rafters, sucking in a breath.

There was the push of a door. ''Weird... I thought Peter headed to the gym?'' It was Ms. Norris, who looked around for a bit before she shrugged, moving to close the door before stopping.

Stepping into the gym she walked over to the weights, noticing one of the large 75 weights on the floor.

She looked around a bit before she leaned down and with a single finger hooked it into the center and lifted it easily onto the rack.

This caused Peter's eyes to bulge.

Soon she left the gym once more, able to focus his hearing to even hear her humming as she walked away.

Once she left he felt the instinct begin to slowly go away before he was able to drop from the ceiling and land softly.

'That was my spider-sense, that was... weird, but informative. I knew someone would see me, and I understood I needed to hide, then the moment I did the danger passed, but it told me to keep waiting before I would be safe to drop down.'

'But... Ms. Norris?!'

He rubbed at the back of his head as he thought about what he just witnessed. 

'I guess when she said 'Despite my old age, I'm still pretty strong' she meant it, damn.'

That was a lot to unpack, but that also helped him understand a little more as to why everything was run more smoothly. As he began to think about it, weird things happened in the Foster home occasionally... It wasn't common, but it was every now and then... Mutants maybe? They were just starting to come out of hiding for sure, trying to help who they could, just as there were mutants who caused problems as well.

'Was Ms. Norris a mutant this whole time... Is it strength enhancing or something deeper... Now that I think about it, she doesn't look a day older than since when I joined.'

He stared at the door Ms. Norris had come in from, rubbing at his chin. How many mutants existed in the foster home? Technically he wasn't a mutant, his powers were gained through another means.

 

 

Like it? Add to library!
Looking to support me?
paypal.me/BeaulenSmith
https://www.patreon.com/BeauSmith
Check out my Webnovel
https://www.webnovel.com/profile/4313773437?appId=10

21