Chapter 2, Part Two: Separation
294 8 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girls walk back to where The Ancient Ones are frozen in time, while discussing their plan. Eventually, they reach them and Kronii opens her mouth to speak, while looking at The Ancient Ones.

Kronii:" Watson, I know this wasn’t exactly a part of your plan, but after this first part, you mind if I fight them by myself a bit? I wanna see how strong they are first."

Amelia:" That’s fine by me, go ahead.” she says and then looks at Gura.
" Gura, you ready?"

Gura:" Yeah, let's do this!"

Amelia and Kronii run off behind a building and leave Gura alone with the Ancient Ones.


{Amelia’s kitchen, an hour earlier.

Amelia:" Here's what we do first. Assuming that The Ancient Ones don't know about Kronii or what she can do, we're going to go back and do things the way they originally happened. We’ll leave Gura alone and when they shoot their beam at her, that’s where Kronii will come in to protect her, then I’ll join too. "

Kronii:" So, I just gotta deflect that beam? Sounds easy enough. "

Gura:" Uhhh wait, do we have to keep Kronii’s abilities a secret or something? Cause since we’re immune to them, I’d have to just stay still while time is stopped… "

Kronii:" Hah, who said anything about stopping time? I can move quadrillions times the speed of light if I wanted to, this will be easy!"

The two stared at her blankly, then Amelia takes a sip of water from a glass, turns her head and immediately spits it out.

Amelia:” W-WHAT?!”

Kronii:” Don’t act so surprised, I’m Time after all. Speed is measured through time, it should be obvious that I can move as fast as I want.” she says while crossing her arms with a smug look on her face. 

Amelia:” Well, when you put it like that, I guess it makes sense… (Man, I knew she must’ve been holding back against me, but this is crazy!)

Gura:" Oh okay, I guess that takes care of that… But there’s one more problem. Won’t it be weird if Kronii is there when you come back to me?”

Amelia snaps out of her thoughts and looks at Gura.

Amelia:" Oh uh yeah I thought of that too. There’s nothing really we can do to not make it weird, we’ll just have to improvise a bit."}


Kronii resumes time and Gura instantly starts calling out for Amelia. The Ancient Ones shoot towards her with a purple beam from their palm, but Kronii appears in front of her and effortlessly deflects their beam with the back of her hand into a building behind them. Gura, while looking confused, turns her head towards Kronii.

Gura:" Wh-what's going on, who are you!?"

Amelia comes back to Gura and gets a confused look on her face upon seeing Kronii.

Amelia:" HEY! What are YOU doing here?!"

Gura:" Ame, you're back! Who is this?"

Kronii:" We don’t have time for questions or introductions! I’m here to help, that’s all you need to know!"

Amelia:" It looks like she's on our side..." (I’m not sure how believable that was, but The Ancient Ones are probably too confused by Kronii’s entrance to figure out that we were acting.)

The Ancient Ones seem somewhat confused by what they are seeing.

AO: (An unknown woman appearing out of nowhere... How odd, it feels as if We should know who she is...) " How interesting. There seems to be another ant we must crush. Very well."

Kronii:" Aren't you going to ask who I am?"

AO:" It matters not... You will be dead all the same."

Kronii:" Get back you two, they're going to attack!"

Amelia and Gura back away, and The Ancient Ones summon one of their huge black fists and punch in Kronii’s direction, then notice that she’s gone, and is now suddenly behind them with her arms crossed.

Kronii:" You missed!"

The Ancient Ones turn around but she's already gone and is above them now.

Kronii:" Where are you looking?"

By the time they look up at her, she's already gone and is now in front of them.

Kronii:" I'm over here!"

She punches them in the face, which sends them rolling on the ground until they hit the wall of a building.

Gura:" Woah she hit them in the face!"

Amelia:(Looks like she’s saving her swords for later, smart move.)

AO:(What is this!? She keeps disappearing! How is she so fast!? Is she teleporting?)

As they're picking themselves up, Kronii appears in front of them and bends over with her hands on her hips.

Kronii:" You okay there buddy? Did I hit you too hard?"

The Ancient Ones look at her in the face, their eyes glow red, and they shoot a laser from their eyes, but she's already gone, now closer to Amelia and Gura.

Kronii:" Woah, careful now, you could hurt someone with that stuff!"

Amelia:" Kronii, don't take this the wrong way, but I think I love you."

Kronii:" Thanks, I love myself too." she says as she’s slowly walking towards The Ancient Ones

As Kronii gets closer to The Ancient Ones, they stare her down with their eyebrows furrowed.

AO:" You... What are you!?"

Kronii:" That's weird, I thought you didn't care about who I am, I'll be dead all the same, right? Or did you change your mind?"

The Ancient Ones remain silent, while grinding their teeth and clenching their fists. 

Kronii:" Alright, I will tell you. Listen well! I am Ouro Kronii, The Warden of Time! All of Time is at my disposal!"

AO:(So that is who she is. It was not speed or teleportation; she was stopping time itself!) " Why do you stand in Our way, Time Warden? Why side with these mortals?"

Kronii:” I have my own reasons for wanting to get rid of you, but the only reason I’m siding with them, is to piss you off!”

Kronii lunges towards them at high speed and goes for a punch, but then disappears. She comes at them from behind with another punch, but she disappears when The Ancient Ones turn around. Whenever it seems like she’s going to punch them, she stops time and moves away, only to rush towards them again from a different direction after resuming time. To The Ancient Ones, it looked as if Kronii was disappearing and reappearing elsewhere in an instant. She kept rushing towards them from every direction while pretending to punch them. Whenever The Ancient Ones turned around to look at her, she was already gone from that spot.

Amelia and Gura watched as Kronii slowly flew whenever she stopped time. 

Amelia:" I remember when she did this to me once, feels weird seeing it now when I'm immune to her time stop. Looks kinda lame honestly." 

Kronii immediately stops moving upon hearing her say that, and turns to look at her.

Kronii:" WHAT DID YOU SAY!?"

Gura:" I have to agree, it does look kinda lame. I mean, why are you moving so slowly?"

Kronii:" What’s the point of moving fast if time is stopped?"

Amelia:" Good point."

As Kronii is about to continue moving, Gura opens her mouth to speak. 

Gura:" Now I'm wondering what this looks like to The Ancient Ones..."

Kronii:" Maybe I'll show you what it looks like one day. But now, just be quiet, you're distracting me!"

She continues to fly around The Ancient Ones while stopping and resuming time. She eventually stops and is now above them with her arms crossed. 

Kronii:" What's wrong, you can't keep up?"

AO:" You... You are quite an annoying one, Time Warden."

Kronii:” Oh yeah, what are you gonna do about it?"

The Ancient Ones’ eye twitches and dark purple energy surrounds their body as they slowly fly up into the sky. They spread their arms and legs and hundreds of dark purple energy blasts shoot from their body in all directions. Gura immediately slams her trident against the ground and puts up a huge water wall in front of her and Amelia. Their energy blasts bounce off of it once they come into contact with it. 

Kronii:(Oh shoot, looks like I pushed them too far!) she quickly gets behind Gura's water wall next to the other two
" Uhhh whoops!"

Amelia:" Nice one, Kronii."

Kronii:" Hey, how was I supposed to know they were gonna start shooting everywhere?"

Amelia:" Well, I guess this was to be expected since you kept pissing them off. Which was pretty funny, not gonna lie. But I think you messed with them long enough, Gura and I will do our thing once they stop doing this."

The Ancient Ones continue to shoot more and more energy blasts from their body, leaving nothing but destruction behind them.

Kronii:'' I didn’t have nearly as much fun as I could’ve, but oh well, that’s fine I guess. Hmm or maybe I could just go and give them a little punch to make them st-"

Suddenly, one of the energy blasts goes through Gura’s water wall, and hits Kronii’s right arm, which sends it flying, with blood gushing out of her wound, and she lets out a groan.

Amelia:" Kronii!"

Gura:" Oh crap, I'm sorry!"

Kronii:" Just focus on that water wall, I'm fine." she says as she's holding what's left of her right arm.

Gura grips onto her trident tightly and strengthens the water wall, and the energy blasts continue to bounce off of it like before.

Amelia:" What do you mean you're fine, your right arm is gone!"

Kronii:" Heh, not for long." 

She points towards her severed arm and with a blue aura around it, it flies back towards her. Her arm, along with all the blood she lost, returns into its place.
" There, like it never even happened. Awww look at you! Don’t tell me, were you worried about me?~" she says with a smug look on her face.

Amelia:" Of course I was worried, we’re on the same side right now! And I didn’t know you could regenerate!"

Kronii gets a slight blush on her face, and quickly turns away from her, then does a few arm stretches.

Kronii:" Technically, that wasn’t regenerating. I just reversed what happened to me. You know, time stuff. I call it Phenomenon Reversal. I can do it as long as my head isn't damaged. And before you ask, I can only use this ability on myself, so don’t go doing anything stupid!"

Gura:" Woah, Phenomenon Reversal… That sounds awesome!!"

Kronii:” That's right, it IS awesome!” 

The girls are seeing no end to The Ancient Ones’ assault, and Gura kept holding her trident tighter and tighter in order to deflect the blasts.

Amelia:" Man, for how long are they gonna do this? They better have not destroyed my house, I live there! And my pets are there too!"

Gura:" I don't think they have, your house is behind the water wall."

Kronii:" They'll probably get bored of this soon enough."

The Ancient Ones slow down and eventually stop and Gura puts down her water wall. The side of the city which was behind Gura's water wall looks normal, while the opposite side is filled with destruction. There are holes all over the ground and the surrounding buildings.

AO:” Time Warden... Do you intend to keep this charade up? Or will you fight us seriously?”

Kronii:” Alright, to make things easier for you, I will not use my time stop. I will fight you seriously.”

Amelia:” Hey Ina! Are you really gonna let this thing control you? I know you can hear me! I know you’re still in there!” she yells out at the Ancient Ones, who pay no attention to her.


{Amelia: “First things first, we need to check if Ina is still in there. But I already have a feeling that she is. Because if not, then why do The Ancient Ones still look like her? They took complete control over her, but they didn’t get rid of her. It’s probably some sadistic thing, like they want her to watch them kill us or something like that. But even if I’m sure of that, we still need to do this cause it will also help us save her.”

Gura:” Okay well, how do we do that?”

Amelia:” Kronii, you will have to distract them. Hold them off however you can. At the same time, Gura and I will yell at them, and hopefully Ina will hear us too. We’ll try to wake her up by reminding her of the fun times we had.”

Gura:” Oh you mean like, remind her of how we met and all the things we’ve done together?”

Amelia:” Exactly. But that’s the most we can do, Ina will still have to take back control on her own. If she has already given up on everything, there’s nothing we can do…”

Gura looks down at the table, gulps nervously, but then quickly looks back up at Amelia.

Gura:” No, she wouldn’t! I know she won’t! Not after all the time we spent together! “

Amelia:” Yeah I think so too. We’ll just have to trust her.”

After a minute of silence, Kronii lets out a gasp, then opens her mouth to speak.

Kronii:” Oh I know! What if I punch them in the face as you’re yelling at her, maybe it’ll help wake her up!”

Amelia:” Yeah sure, do that, just keep them focused on yourself and not us. Oh and, don’t use your time stop while you’re distracting them, it will be difficult for us to talk to her like that.”

Kronii:” Yeah obviously, I was gonna do that even if you didn’t tell me.”

Amelia:” Okay good. Now, if Ina manages to take control of her body again, it will be brief, she won’t be able to keep it for long. But that will be enough for us. And when The Ancient Ones take over again, when that happens, Kronii, it will be all on you.”}


Kronii lunges up towards The Ancient Ones, and when she gets in front of them, they instantly summon one of their big black fists and punch forward, but Kronii ducks and dodges it. They then bring the fist downwards, Kronii quickly blocks the attack with her arms, but it still sends her down to the ground, while making a crater in it. The Ancient Ones point the palm of their right hand towards her and shoot hundreds of dark purple energy blasts at her. Kronii puts her arms above her head and blocks all the energy blasts, which slowly make a bigger and bigger cloud of smoke. 

Amelia:" Ina! Do you remember when we first met? I almost got killed twice, but you saved me!"

Upon hearing Amelia’s words, The Ancient Ones’ attacks slow down and get less accurate, hitting more the ground around Kronii instead of her.

Amelia:" You saved me, and that's why I'm not gonna give up on saving you now! Answer me, Ina!"

Right as she said that, Kronii punched them in the face and sent them flying into a building. As they get hit, with Kronii’s punch and Amelia’s words at the same time, Ina’s memory of first meeting Amelia flashes before their eyes.


They see Amelia in Ina’s house. Amelia tries to talk to her, but Ina’s mother points a gun at her from behind. Her eyes were tearing up, her mouth and hands were shaking. Ina quickly takes the gun out of her hands with her tentacles.
Then they see the two sitting on sofas, having a conversation. Ina’s eyes suddenly turn white and she gets up, then picks Amelia up with her tentacles and they squeeze her tightly with them.

“ AO-chan STOP IT!!!”
These words echo in their head loudly as they see Ina dropping Amelia onto the ground, then apologizing continuously.
Images of this memory come in quick flashes, with Ina’s words getting louder and louder. They try their best to ignore it, but are still affected by what they’re seeing.


Amelia looks up at Kronii who was high in the air, after just punching The Ancient Ones into a building. 

Amelia:" You doing good, Kronii?" she yelled out at her.

Kronii:" Don't pay attention to me, just continue doing your thing!"

Amelia and Gura just nod at her and start running towards the building The Ancient Ones crashed into.

Gura:" Ina! Before I met you, I was nervous and scared, because of what Amelia told me about you! I thought if I said something wrong, you'd laser our heads off, but then I realized just how nice of a person you are! Come back to us, Ina!"

The Ancient Ones send multiple tentacles towards Kronii, but she grabs them all with her hands and spins them around, then bashes them into a building, ripping their tentacles off in the process.

Kronii:” Unfortunately for you, controlling time isn’t all I can do! I’m pretty strong even without using any of my powers!”


This time, The Ancient Ones see Ina’s memory of her first time meeting Gura.
Ina opens the door to her house and sees Amelia and Gura who were waiting in front of it. Amelia was wearing a white sundress, while Gura was wearing a light blue one, while in her hands, she was holding a glass container with strawberries in it.
“ You showed up…”
She said, while tears were forming in her eyes. 


And suddenly, just as it happened in the memory The Ancient Ones couldn’t help but see, tears form in their eyes. They let out a gasp and quickly wipe the tears.

AO:(Are these tears!? How is this possible?! Is it because We have not completely consumed Ninomae Ina’nis yet?)

While they were still in the building, Gura yelled out at them once again.

Gura:” Hey Ina! Remember when we went to the beach together and we scared a bunch of people with your tentacles and my sharks? Amelia got so mad, it was hilarious!”

Amelia:” Hey! That was such a pain, I had a lot of explaining to do!”


The Ancient Ones see a memory of the three at a beach. The three were in the deep waters, while wearing yellow, blue and purple two-piece swimsuits, with hundreds of other people around them. Gura gets a smug look on her face, and suddenly, dozens of sharks swim up to them, scaring everyone else that was around them and making them swim away in a panic. Amelia screams out, then with her eyebrows furrowed, she swims up to Gura, then grabs her by her shoulders and shakes her. Not long after, dozens of huge tentacles jut out from underwater. The two looked at the tentacles, then quickly turned their heads towards Ina, who had a slight blush on her face. Gura and Amelia start laughing and Ina quickly follows and laughs along with them.  Ina's laugher gets louder and louder in the head of The Ancient Ones.


AO:(This human... She is holding us back. We may have to get rid of her sooner than We had originally planned. Every time these two speak, Our vision is clouded with these accursed memories! We must put an end to them!)

Tears form in their eyes once again, they quickly wipe them off, and with their teeth clenched, they fly out of the building towards Gura and Amelia at high speed. Before they reach them, Kronii appears in front of them and with her knee, she kicks them in the face and makes them dig into the ground from the impact of her kick.

Gura:” Hey, they went after us!”

Amelia:'' That means it’s working!” she says and turns her head towards her
“ You thinking what I’m thinking?”

Gura:” Always! Let’s do it!”

Amelia and Gura quickly run towards them as they’re picking themselves up.  The Ancient Ones slowly got up and the two were already in front of them. They both hug The Ancient Ones together and they stop dead in their tracks.

Amelia & Gura:” Come back to us Ina!!”

Kronii:” WHAT ARE YOU DOING, ARE YOU CRAZY?!?!”

Their eyes slowly turn back to normal and while tears are forming in them, their mouth opens.

???:” A-ame... G-gura...” 

The voice wasn't a deep monstrous one, but undoubtedly Ina's soft voice.

Amelia:” It worked!! “

Gura:” Ina!!”

They both slightly back away to look at her in the eyes and see that they’re no longer glowing white.

Ina:” I heard you two... Saying things to me... Why did you come after me? I begged them not to kill you... “ she struggles to talk as tears flow from her eyes.

Gura:” Ina, don’t worry, Amelia has a plan! She knows how to save you!”

Amelia:” We’re not leaving you!!”

Ina:” A plan? N-no, there’s nothing you can do... Th-they said they would consume me...I’m scared...But I don’t care, as long as you’re safe...'' Amelia and Gura both tear up upon hearing her talk.
” You can’t stop them... Please, just get out of here... Get away from me!!!” 

Ina pushes them both away and her eyes glow white once again.

AO:'' You still think you can save your friend!? YOU ARE EVEN MORE FOOLISH THAN SHE IS!! IT IS OVER, MORTALS!”

They charge dark purple beams in both of their hands, but Kronii immediately stops time and lands next to them.

Amelia:” Whew, that was close...”

Kronii:” That was risky, you two, you could’ve gotten yourselves killed!"

Amelia:” I know it was, but that was what we had to do. Besides, I knew you wouldn’t let anything happen to us! Even if something did, you can just turn back time like before, right?”

Kronii:” Actually, that’s not how it works.”

Amelia slowly turns her head towards her, and opens her mouth to speak in a worrisome voice.

Amelia:” Uhhh what are you trying to say?”

Kronii:” Basically, I can’t turn back time as much as I want, there’s a limit to how much I can do it.”

Amelia:” … Please don’t tell me it’s only once per day…”

Kronii:” Woah, you figured it out? You really are the world’s greatest detective! Good job!”

The two girls just stared at her in silence for a few seconds.

Gura:” Why didn’t you tell us?! This seems like something we should know!”

Kronii:” Well, I thought it wasn’t necessary, I didn’t think I’d have to turn back time multiple times! But then you go and do something dangerous like that!”

Amelia:” Kronii, did it not occur to you that we would’ve been more careful if we had known?” As Kronii was about to respond, Amelia continues talking
“ Well on second thought… If being more careful means we wouldn’t go for the hug, then I guess we wouldn’t have been more careful. The hug is what did it after all, we would've done it either way. But still, it would've been useful to know.”

Kronii:” Yeah, I realize that now, sorry about that.”

They all turn their heads towards The Ancient Ones, who were frozen, while still holding the energy blasts in their hands

Amelia:” Don’t worry about that. You know what to do now, right?”

Kronii:” Just stand back you two.”

The two make some distance between them, and Kronii takes a few steps backwards.

Gura:” This better work...”

Amelia:” It has to!”

Kronii bends down, puts her hands against the ground, then lunges towards The Ancient Ones and gives them a powerful punch straight to the stomach with her left fist.

Kronii:(Left!) she then punches with her right fist.
(Right! Aaaand with both!!) she takes a step back, and punches them in the stomach with both fists at the same time.
(And now...)  ” Timeless Barrage.

Each punch created shockwaves all throughout the city, and as she calmly said her attack name, she slowly stood up straight. Time resumes and the purple beams that The Ancient Ones were charging disappear instantly. They get sent flying by what seems to be hundreds of Kronii’s punches repeating over and over again. As they flew, their eyes constantly switched between their own and Ina’s eyes, until they finally crashed into a building.

Gura and Amelia quickly run up to her after they saw The Ancient Ones get sent flying into the building.

Kronii:” If that won’t do it, nothing will.”

Amelia:” Woah I didn’t know you were gonna pull a special move on them!”

Kronii:” You asked for a punch, I delivered.”


{Kronii:” What do I have to do?”

Amelia:” You will punch them in the stomach as hard as you can.”

Kronii:” As hard as I can? What if I like, punch a hole through their stomach or something?”

Amelia:” Ookay then, NOT as hard as you can. But you get the idea.”}


The Ancient Ones keep letting out groans as their appearance changes. Their body and hair turns pitch black, and as they start to grow in size, Ina’s outfit falls off of them.
The halo breaks and turns to dust and the wings wither away. The ink from Ina’s drawings on their tentacles falls off, making them just dark purple. They keep growing and growing, even bigger than the building they crashed into.

Kronii:” Uhhh is that supposed to happen? Did I mess up?”

Amelia:” No, this is good, just wait. It’s about to happen. I think.”


Ina was entangled by The Ancient Ones’ tentacles up until this point. Upon getting punched by Kronii, the tentacles let go of her, and as she was about to fall into the ocean of blood beneath her, it all disappeared and everything around her turned white. In front of her, she can see all of her memories with Amelia and Gura. It all quickly flashed before her. All of her happiness. Her mouth shakes and she tears up upon watching it all unfold.

Ina:” Ame… Gura… I’m sorry… I didn’t trust you, I thought there was nothing you could do to save me.” she says as she’s slowly walking towards the memories of her with her friends.
“ But you did it… That’s why I’m seeing all this, isn’t it? Amelia… You must’ve planned all of this…” as she’s getting closer to the memories, Kiara and Calli also appear in them.
“ Kiara and Calli… I’m sure you two would’ve been here if you could’ve. I don’t doubt Amelia included you in her plan. You guys… The Ancient Ones were never my friend, but you guys were. All of you! I love you!”
Ina ran towards her fond memories, and tears fell from her face as she ran faster and faster. She takes a leap towards them, and everything turns white. 


The Ancient Ones put their hand onto their stomach, as if they were about to throw up. Their stomach and mouth bloat up and finally, they spit Ina out, wearing what she was the night before, light purple pajamas with takodachis on it.

Gura and Amelia both let out a gasp upon seeing that and get huge smiles on their faces.

Amelia & Gura:” IT WORKED!!”

The Ancient Ones try to grab her with their hand, but with their sheer size, their movements are too slow. Kronii stops time, jumps towards Ina, grabs her, then returns to Gura and Amelia. She resumes time, then puts her onto the ground.
Ina no longer looks the way she did before. She has no pointy ears, no flaps, no tentacle hair and no wings. She’s a normal human, now in spirit and appearance.

Gura:” Wow... She looks... So normal.”

Amelia:” Yeah... Just like in those pictures she showed us, this is what she used to look like.”

Amelia and Gura get on their knees in front of Ina and poke her face, then shake her a bit to wake her up, but it doesn’t work.
The Ancient Ones continue to scream out even louder than before and a sudden bright purple cylindrical light surrounds them completely.

Amelia:” Come on Ina, wake up!”

The loud noise and the bright purple light from the Ancient Ones wake her up. She slowly opens her eyes and then lets out a few coughs. She tears up, upon seeing her two friends in front of her.

Ina:” Ame! Gura!”

Amelia & Gura:” INA!!” 

With tears of joy forming in their eyes, they both hug her tightly. Ina doesn’t notice Kronii yet, but she notices The Ancient Ones yelling in the distance.

Ina:” You two... You separated me from AO-chan! I can’t believe it!” she says and hugs them both back.

After a minute of hugging and patting each other's backs, they back away and help Ina stand back up. While Gura is looking at Ina with a smile on her face, Amelia looks at her with a frown and her eyebrows furrowed. 

Amelia:” Ina... Those things you said... Did you really think we were going to leave you? I’m disappointed.”

Ina:” Ame... No, I- I knew you weren’t going to leave but... At the time, I didn’t think there was anything you could do… I just didn’t want something horrible to happen to you... Especially not with something using my body....”

Amelia:(Something horrible huh... A bit too late for that.)

Kronii, who was silent up until now, crosses her arms and opens her mouth to speak.

Kronii:” Oh that’s understandable. By the way, it’s not “you two”, I helped too! Well, I pretty much did everything here actually! These two couldn’t do anything without me!”

Ina gets startled by the unfamiliar voice, and quickly looks up towards her, then back at Amelia and Gura.

Ina:” Uhhh who is this?”

Amelia:” Oh that’s just Kronii, The Warden of Time. We’re at a truce temporarily.”

Kronii:” Just?? How dare...”

Ina:” Oh so it’s like a one-time thing? Heh.”

Amelia and Gura both giggle, while Kronii doesn't seem amused. 

Kronii:” Was that a pun?”

Amelia:” Watch out Ina, Kronii isn’t a fan of the time jokes it seems…”

Kronii:” Not really! Oh since The Ancient Ones are busy right now, I wanted to ask, what did you mean when you said you almost died twice and that she saved you? I only remember once and I’m pretty sure I’m the one who saved you there!”

Gura: “Oh yeah, I was wondering about that too, but I didn’t wanna say anything back then.”

The smile on Amelia’s face fades and she gets a serious look instead, as she looks down at the ground.

Amelia:” The one you saved me from, I didn’t count that cause we haven’t met yet technically. So, there were two different times. First, her mom tried to kill me cause she thought I was gonna take Ina away from her. Then her uhhh Ancient Ones tried to kill me cause, well I’m not entirely sure. I’m guessing they just were gonna kill me under the excuse that they were protecting Ina from me. Either way, Ina stopped them both!”

Gura:” Hey, you didn’t tell me about that!”

Amelia:” Sorry! I just didn’t want to make you worry, ok?”

Ina:” Wait, I don’t get it. This sounds like there were three times in total?... ”

Kronii and Amelia both look at her, and speak in unison. 

Amelia & Kronii:” Different timeline.”

Ina:” Ooooh I see!” (That must be how she found me too!)

Amelia:” I’ll explain everything in detail later.”

Kronii looks at The Ancient Ones, who were still surrounded by the huge dark purple light, then looks back at Amelia.

Kronii:” Now that I think about it,  you never told us, but where did you get this idea anyways? How did you know they were gonna spit her out if I hit them in the stomach?”

Ina:” So, that’s what happened...”

Amelia:” Okay, don’t make fun of me now, but I saw something like that in an anime and just thought it would be worth a shot.”

The three just looked at her in silence, before Gura burst into laughter.

Ina:” Good one Ame!”

Amelia doesn’t say a word and gets a slight blush on her face, as she turns her head away from them

Gura:” Oh God, she’s not kidding!”

Kronii:” YOU’RE TELLING ME YOU BASED YOUR WHOLE PLAN AROUND SOMETHING FROM AN ANIME!?!? “

Amelia:” ALRIGHT, STOP YELLING AT ME! It worked didn’t it? And it’s not like you two had any better ideas!”

Kronii:” Ugh, I hate that you’re right!”

They all turn towards The Ancient Ones and see cracks in the light surrounding them.

Gura:” I hope she’s not right about the other part too...”


The Ancient Ones finally stop yelling and the purple light that was around them breaks, as if it were made out of glass. The building that they crashed into is now gone, and as The Ancient Ones begin to slowly walk towards them, they can now see their new form.

Their previously huge body has returned to the same size it was before. The body, along with their hair, including the tentacle parts of it, has turned completely black. Their mouth has changed, as they now had no lips, only razor sharp teeth. They have no halo, no flaps, nor wings, instead two black horns grew out of the top of their head. 

AO:” We thank you, Time Warden. Thanks to you, We are no longer one with that human that was holding Us back! And now, We have returned to Our true form! You pathetic ants have no hope of beating Us now! Your time tricks will no longer work on Us, Time Warden. It is over.”


{Amelia:” If this works, there will be only one downside. I suspect that after we separate them, The Ancient Ones will become even stronger. Ina’s humanity must be holding them back in some way. So, fighting them will get even harder after we do this, but it will be worth it. If it means saving Ina.”}


Gura:” Dammit! Why do you have to be right all the time!?”

Kronii slowly walks in front of the girls to face The Ancient Ones.

Kronii:” Well then, The Ancient Ones. If you are so strong now, then you wouldn’t mind if I call backup, right? Gura, I know they’re even stronger than before, but just cover me while I do this!”

Gura:” Right!”

Gura gets in front of Kronii with her trident out and takes a battle stance, but The Ancient Ones don’t move, they simply cross their arms instead.

Gura:” Aren’t you going to try and stop her?”

AO:” There is no need. We shall allow you to call whoever you want. No one can stop Us now. We shall crush all of your hope with Our own hands!”

Amelia kept thinking about Kronii's words, and in a shaky voice, she finally opens her mouth to ask.

Amelia:” Hey! Wh-what is this backup you’re talking about? D-don’t tell me there’s more Time Wardens I need to worry about!?”

Kronii:” Nope, just me! Now stay quiet, there’s no point in telling you, you’ll see them in a bit!”

Amelia:” This better be good!”

Kronii: (Oh trust me, it’ll be good!) “Gura, since they’re not attacking, just get behind me. They will be here soon.”

Gura, while confused, listens to her and goes behind her and stands next to Amelia and Ina. Kronii looks at the back of her hand and starts speaking into it.

Kronii: ” Attention! This is an emergency. I’m calling all Council members to my current location! I repeat, this is an emergency. Calling all Council members to my current location! This is a planetary level threat! Or maybe even worse... Get here as fast as possible!



To be continued...


Edit: For any new readers, I have been fixing my old chapters. They used to look bad, and so I decided to start changing them. Some scenes have been added, but no major plot points have been changed, obviously. And now Chapter 2, Part 2 is finally FIXED. This one was a pain, but I’m glad I finally finished it.
If you like my story, please keep reading it!  Some of the next chapters may not look as good as Chapter 1 and 2 look now, but they will definitely be worth your time. And I will fix all of the chapters eventually! Thank you!

15