Chapter 3: Heartfelt Reunion
399 7 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A little heads-up: This chapter contains a bunch of lore that I have come up with. It's pretty interesting and it all makes sense in my opinion so I hope you like it. Sorry if things sound confusing, everything will be explained eventually as the story goes on. Enjoy.


Amelia, Gura and Ina patiently awaited "The Council" to arrive.

Amelia: (The Council? I wonder who they are... Are they all like Kronii? I guess I'll find out soon.)

Not long after Kronii’s call to The Council, a part of the concrete near Kronii cracks, and a sapling appears from the ground below it. In a matter of seconds, it blooms into a massive oak tree with dozens of huge branches.

Amelia & Gura: (Uhhhh…)

The front of the tree morphs and a door appears. Kronii lets out a sigh as she turns her head toward the tree. 

Kronii: (Of course, she has to make some grand entrance…) 

The door opens and a beautiful green-haired woman with branch like horns comes out of the tree.

???:'' Whew okay, I'm here!" the mysterious woman says in a soft voice as she's closing the door.

Kronii:" Was that tree necessary?"

???:" Of course!"

Gura & Amelia: (No way...)

Both Amelia and Gura were watching with their eyes wide open in shock, while thinking the same thing.
Then the girls can hear something behind them, the sound of wings flapping, they turn around and notice someone. A brown haired woman with huge owl-like wings flying towards them at high speed.

???:(A tree in the middle of the road? Aw man, she beat me to it!)

She flies past them through the tree, which cuts some of its branches off, then lands with one knee and her huge wings touching the ground, right next to the green haired woman.

???:" Hey, sorry about the mess."

The woman slowly stands straight up, then retracts her huge wings into her back, materializes a cloak in her hands and puts it on.
While Ina was simply confused by more unfamiliar faces, Gura and Amelia were in shock instead, thinking the same thing they were before.

The green haired woman, with her eyebrows furrowed and her fists clenched, turns towards the woman who just landed next to her.

???:" The mess? You ruined my tree!"

???:" It's not my fault, why'd you put a tree there?!"

???:" I came out of it!"

???:" What?! Well, why didn't you get rid of it afterwards?"

The green haired woman slowly looked up at the tree before opening her mouth to speak.

???:" But, I-I like the tree..."

???:" Yeah well, it's too big and annoying!"

???:" Wow..."

Kronii watched the two argue, then slowly looked down at the ground.

Kronii:" We're all gonna die..."

The brown haired woman quickly walks up to her and gives her a pat on the back.

???:" Oh don't worry Kronii, we got this! By the way, where are the other two?"

Right after she says that, a portal that consisted of the colors red and black formed next to Kronii. A short girl with rat ears and tail, whose hair had red, black and white mixed in, emerges from the portal while floating upside-down.

???:" Heeey, I'm here..." she says while rubbing her eyes.

???:" Oh finally, took you long enough!"

???:" Sorry, I just woke up..."

The rat girl spoke in a slow and seemingly tired voice, then she let out a yawn.

???:" Is that why you're upside-down?"

???:" Oh, I didn't even notice..."

She quickly flips and stands on the ground with her feet.

Upon seeing the rat girl, Amelia and Gura's faces remained unchanged, not phased by her arrival.

Amelia(whispering to Gura):" Well, this one is the least surprising..."

Gura(whispering to Amelia):" Yeah I guess... Still, it's hard to believe..."

Amelia(whispering to Gura):" She said two, that means there's one more..."

Ina:(I feel like I'm missing something here... Do they know something I don't?)

Ina looked at the two girls’ reactions and listened to their whispering, not sure what to make of it. 

Then the girls look up, as something falls straight from outer space. A girl lands with one knee on the ground, next to the rat girl, and makes a crater in it. As the tanned, white-haired woman stands straight up, it reveals the immense size difference between her and the rat girl. 

???: " Sorry I'm late, I had to put my limiter on and stuff."

When the girl notices The Ancient Ones, she gulps nervously, realizing that they were the reason Kronii had called them.

Kronii: "Don't worry about it, you're right on me. Now that everyone is here, we should introduce ourselves."

The Ancient Ones simply stood there with their arms crossed, watching everything unfold. As much as they tried to hide it, the look on their face was that of confusion. As if they didn’t understand what they're seeing.

AO: (Something is not right here. Why do We not know about them? Why does it feel like We should? Or rather, it feels like We did know about them. Ever since the Time Warden appeared, We have felt odd. As if something is missing within Us. Have Our memories been altered? There is only one who could have done this... However, there is one which we have not forgotten. Yes. You...)

Sana:" Tsukumo Sana, The Speaker of Space..."

AO:(We remember you, Sana.)

The Ancient Ones smiled upon hearing Sana talk, the look of confusion on their face dissipated, and a smug look appeared on their face instead.

Fauna:" Ceres Fauna, The Keeper of Nature."

Kronii:" Ouro Kronii, The Warden of Time, but you already knew that!"

Mumei:" Nanashi Mumei, The Guardian of Civilization."

Bae:" Hakos Baelz, Chaos. Together, we're The Council, and we're gonna take you down!" she says while pointing her finger towards them.

The Ancient Ones, unimpressed by their introduction, slowly put their arms down, then open their mouth to speak.

AO:" The Council... Yes, We were aware of your existence, We simply did not know what you had looked like. Now We see, you are just a group of clowns."

Kronii:" Hey! Only one of us kinda looks like a clown!" she says while shifting her eyes at Bae.

Bae:" Hey, why are you looking at me?!"

With a sudden change of temperature, some of the girls began to sweat, as the air around them got hotter. A smile forms on Mumei’s face, knowing full well what this change in heat means. Everyone except Mumei turns around and sees the source of the heat. Kiara flying towards them, with huge flaming wings and her fists stretching out in front of her. She flies through multiple tree branches, lands with one knee and her wings touching the ground, right next to Mumei. 

Kiara:" Takanashi Kiara has arrived!" she says, but everyone remains silent.
"Why is no one saying anything? Was my cool landing not cool enough?!"

Mumei:" Sana and I already did the cool landing thing."

Kiara: "Dammit!"

Ina:" I thought it was cool, Kiara!"

Kiara turns around toward the voice, and is surprised by Ina's appearance.

Kiara:" Tha- woah, Ina, you look so uhh normal! No offense!"

Ina:" Don't worry, I understand. “

Gura and Amelia, while still in shock from what they had seen up until now, didn't pay any attention to Kiara. 

Bae: "Huh, what’s that smell?"

They all turn around and notice Fauna’s tree burning up.

Fauna: "WHAT?! KIARA, YOU SET MY TREE ON FIRE!"

Kiara: "AAAAHH SORRY, IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!"

Mumei: "Don't worry Fauna, I can fix this!" 

Mumei takes off her cloak and whips her huge owl wings out once again. She flies up and flaps her wings in front of the tree. By doing that, she creates a strong wind which puts out the fire. She then returns to the ground and stands between Fauna and Kiara.

Fauna:" Oh thanks Mumei! But, it’s almost completely ruined now… Sheesh, at this point, I’ll just have to fix it."

Fauna walks up to the tree, puts her palm against it and it completely heals up, returning to how it looked before even Mumei damaged it. With a smile on her face, she turns around and returns to where she once stood.

Kronii:" Guys, can you like, get serious? Stop messing around, this isn't the time for that!"

Mumei & Fauna: "Sorry!"

The Ancient Ones, while ignoring Fauna's tree spectacle, turn their gaze towards Kiara who had just arrived.

AO:" It appears that the Phoenix has decided to join us. However, there is still one missing. Where is the Grim Reaper? We would prefer to crush you all at once and not chase after anyone."

Kiara:" Sorry, Calli couldn't make it today, she's busy. But I can leave a message for her if you want!"

AO:" How unfortunate. This means there are only nine of you against Us. No, not nine, given that there are two worthless humans among you. And you. " They say as they look at Sana
"Sana. Do you mean to oppose Us too? You must already know you cannot do that. Our Apostle!"

Upon hearing that, the girls let out a faint gasp as their eyes widened. This news came as a surprise to The Council the most.

Mumei: "Apostle!?"

Fauna: "Sana, what are they talking about?"

Sana:" I- Kronii, can you pause it?"

Kronii stops time, and everyone was already immune to it except for Kiara.

Sana:" Thanks... I'll explain everything later. I think some of you have some catching up to do first, right?" she says with a smile on her face.

Fauna:" Yeah, that's true."

The Council girls all turn around and look at Gura and Amelia. Mumei then notices that Kiara hasn't moved and waves her hand in front of her face.

Mumei:" Hey wait, how come the three of them can move but Kiara is still frozen?"

Kronii:" I gave them bracelets that make them immune to my time stop. Kiara just got here so I couldn't give her one."

Mumei:" Oh, cool!"

Ina rolls up her sleeve and notices the bracelet.

Kronii:" I put it on you when The Ancient Ones spat you out and I grabbed you." she says as she's walking up to Kiara.

Ina:" Oh, I didn't even know you were the one who grabbed me... Thanks!"

Kronii touches Kiara's shoulder and she gets back to her senses.

Kiara:" Uhh what just happened?"

Kronii:" I stopped time and had to touch you to make you able to move while time is stopped. You're welcome, by the way."

Kiara:" Oh uh thanks!"


Fauna looks at Amelia and Gura; then slowly walks up to them.

Fauna: "Hey uhh, long time no see! You probably have some questions for us, so ask away!" she says with a smile on her face

Ina: (So, they DO know each other! I knew it!)

Gura:" Probably??"

Amelia:" Yeah so, my first question is" she clears her throat before asking
"WHAT THE FUCK!?"

Fauna’s eyebrows furrow the moment she hears Amelia’s question. 

Mumei:" I don't know how to answer that, sorry."

Bae:” That is a good question... I got nothing!”

Fauna looks at Amelia with her hands on her hips while pouting. 

Fauna:" Hey! Language! That's not how I raised you! And don't think I don't know about you!” she says and looks just at Gura.
"You swear in your streams too!"

Gura:" Uhhh uhh, Ame swears more than me!"

Amelia:" Hey!"

Fauna:" Hmmm that's true... You do swear a lot more, Ame. What do you have to say for yourself?"

Amelia quickly looks at Gura with her eyebrows furrowed, who lets out a giggle, then she looks back at Fauna.

Amelia:" I uhhh, mostly just swear when I get angry at a game ok?"

Fauna: "That's not an excuse! I wasn't swearing when we were playing together, was I?"

Gura: "Well uhh, you kept winning so, you had no reason to swear..."

Fauna: "Oh yeah, I guess that's true!” she lets out a giggle before continuing.
“But still, you're supposed to be idols! Calm down with the swearing, okay? Or you're both grounded!"

The two girls look at each other, and both let out a sigh before looking at Fauna.

Gura & Amelia: "Ugh okay, Fauna..."

Amelia: (Even though she didn't actually raise us, she acts as if she's our mother... But I don't mind, it's cute...)

Fauna: "And why did you stop visiting me!? You became super famous and forgot all about your dear Fauna... You know, without you, all I had was Mumei and uhhh" she gets closer to them and whispers
“ Her drawings kinda scare me..."

Mumei: "What was that?"

Mumei asked with her eyes closed and a huge smile on her face, and Fauna gets startled when turning around to face her. 

Fauna: (Did she hear me??) “Uhhh I just said how beautiful your drawings are! I love that you keep taping them all over my walls! "

Mumei:" Oh! You didn't have to whisper that!"

Fauna nervously giggles, then looks back at the two girls who scratched their heads while waiting.

Amelia:" Uhhh yeah, about not visiting you, sorry! We both feel really bad about that! We kept saying ‘okay, tomorrow we'll visit her!’ and well, here we are... We were just busy with Hololive stuff... "

Gura:" Yeah sorry, Fauna... We'll visit you like before from now on!"

Fauna:" You better!" she says and a slight blush forms on her face
(Although… Thanks to them not visiting, I was able to spend more time with Kronii! I guess it wasn’t all bad hehe…) she quickly shakes her head and the blush fades.

Ina stared at the three, as they continued to talk, trying to make sense of the situation.

Ina:(It looks like these girls have a lot of history together… But it also seems like there’s a lot Ame and Gura didn’t know about Fauna and Mumei…)

Among all the new faces for Ina, she shifts her head towards the woman who was called an “Apostle” by The Ancient Ones. She notices that she had already been looking at her, their eyes meet and both quickly look away from the other.

Kronii takes a few steps towards the girls and loudly clears her throat.

Kronii: "So uhhh, should the rest of us like, go somewhere while you guys catch up or something?"

The girls’ conversation pauses and Amelia quickly looks up at Kronii.

Amelia: "Wait no, I'm supposed to ask you a bunch of stuff! That includes you too, Kronii!” she says and then looks at Fauna
“ Fauna! You kept changing the subject so I forgot!"

Fauna: "Sorry! But you kinda started it too! You could've just asked a normal question right away!"

Amelia: "My question was perfectly reasonable! Explain yourself! How come you're friends with Kronii?! She's like my arch nemesis!" she says and quickly walks over to Bae
"And you! You're 'Chaos'?! What does that even mean?! At least the other ones sound normal!" she starts opening her mouth, but before she could respond, Amelia already walks away toward Sana
"And you!"

Sana gets startled and slightly backs up as Amelia gets closer and goes on her tiptoes to look at her in the eyes.

Sana: "Wh-what did I do?!"

Amelia backs away and stands normally, then stretches out her right hand toward her.

Amelia: "... I don't believe we've met, I'm Amelia Watson!"

Sana: "Oh I'm Sana!" she says and shakes Amelia's hand.

Amelia: "Nice to meet you!" she says with a smile on her face, but that smile fades as she looks at Mumei.

Mumei:(Oh no, I'm next...)

Amelia slowly walks towards her while looking down at the ground, then looks at her in the face when she gets in front of her.

Amelia: "You... 'Guardian of Civilization'? IF YOU'RE REALLY THE GUARDIAN OF CIVILIZATION, WHY DIDN'T YOU GET HERE SOONER?!" she says angrily and grabs Mumei by her collar.

Mumei: (Should I say it?) "... I-" 

Amelia: "Y-you should've been here... I had to ask Kronii for help!" tears start to form in her eyes as she's talking.
"But you... YOU SHOULD'VE BEEN HERE TO PROTECT HER!" she says with her mouth shaking, her voice both filled with anger and sadness.

Mumei couldn’t do anything against Amelia’s words and slowly looked away from her, and Amelia reluctantly let go of her.

Gura and Kronii are the only ones who know exactly what she's talking about, everyone else is confused by Amelia's words at first, but they all quickly realize what she meant. Gura walks up to Amelia and puts her hand on her shoulder.

Gura: "Ame... It's okay, don't get angry at her now, you already saved me after all... Mumei must've had her reasons for not being here..." 

Fauna gulps nervously before opening her mouth to speak.

Fauna:” Ame, Gura… W-what happened here, exactly?” she asks in a shaky voice.

Amelia, Gura and Kronii all look at each other. Gura and Kronii both nod at Amelia, who, while looking at the ground, takes a deep breath before responding to the question.

Amelia:" Gura... The Ancient Ones, they killed her..."

Ina:" What?!

Kiara:" They killed her?! "

Silence fills the air as Amelia struggles to explain what happened to them. Kiara and Ina both start tearing up upon hearing that.

Kiara:" Gura... "

Ina:" You guys... Why didn't you tell me about this? "

Amelia: " We would have told you, but there wasn't a good time to do it earlier... "

Ina:" Oh, I guess that's true... You two... I'm sorry about... everything... This is all my fault, I never should have picked up that stupid book..." 

Ina looks down at the ground while clenching a fist, and tears fall down her cheeks as she talks.

Amelia:" No, Ina, don't. "  she walks up to her and starts patting her head. Ina looks up at her as she does that.
" There's no point dwelling on the past, nothing is going to change. It was six years ago, after all. Don't worry about anything, okay? It's not your fault." Gura walks up to them and she starts patting Ina's head as well. 

Gura:" Ame is right, Ina. It's not your fault. And now we set you free too! "

Ina:" Thanks, you two..." 

Ina starts wiping her tears with her sleeve and she hugs them both. Kiara then walks up to them.

Kiara:" You guys... I'm sorry, I should've gotten here earlier! Maybe if I did, things would've been different... Calli and I only woke up after sensing that huge amount of energy appearing out of nowhere. But, judging from your message, you already knew that was going to happen..."

Amelia:" Don't worry about not getting here earlier, we were supposed to call you guys anyways, but then The Ancient Ones destroyed my phone so I couldn't. And yeah, it took me a lot of thinking, but I figured if everything went right, you'd wake up thanks to The Ancient Ones."

Gura:" Yeah, don't worry Kiara, I don't even remember dying! And thanks to Kronii, it technically didn't even happen! "

Amelia:" I wish I didn't remember it though..." she said quietly.

Fauna gets closer to Amelia and Gura, they turn to her and hugs them both.

Fauna:" I see now… It looks like you two went through a lot today. " she says and pats their backs while hugging them
" You did good on your own, I'm proud of you!" 

The two girls' mouths wavered, but then they simply smiled and hugged her back. After a bit, they stop hugging and Fauna starts patting them on their heads instead.

Amelia:" I don't really know about that though, we couldn't even do anything until Kronii started helping us..."

Gura:" To be fair, I was holding back a lot. It was hard fighting them, since they looked exactly like Ina... And I didn't know if she'd be hurt because of me after they separated..."

Amelia:" Yeah, I wasn't sure about that either..."

Fauna:" Don't worry about anything, you did good! You came out of it alive, you didn't give up despite anything, you even decided to ask your enemy for help! That took a lot of courage. I'm really proud of you two!"

The two girls didn’t respond at first, and let out a giggle instead. 

Amelia: "Man, you really know how to cheer someone up…"

Gura: "Yeah, she's really good at that."

Mumei nervously walks up to them, then opens her mouth to speak.

Mumei:" Hey uhhh, I’m not really sure how to start this, but I just wanted to say sorry, for not being here earlier. The truth is, I really wanted to come and help you, but I was on a mission. Despite being the Guardian of Civilization, there are still orders I have to follow and those come above anything else." 

The Council all looked at her, while gritting their teeth, looking slightly concerned by what she's saying, while Amelia gets intrigued.

Amelia:(She's telling the truth... I can tell. But that means!) " Orders?! Then, there must be someone above The Council!"

Bae:" Oi Mumei!"

Mumei:" Oh, was I not supposed to say that? Whoops. Just pretend I didn't say anything, okay?"

Amelia:" What, no way! Tell me more! Who is your leader!?"

Mumei:" Okay fine, I'll tell you.” while The Council was on edge about what Mumei is going to say, Amelia’s eyes are filled with excitement.
“ It’s Gura. She’s our leader.”

The Council all let out a faint sigh of relief, then try their best to all hold in laughter.

Amelia, Gura, Ina & Kiara:" WHAT?!"

Amelia quickly looks at Gura, who was just as surprised as she was.

Amelia:" Why are you surprised?!

Gura:" Cause it's not true, obviously!! "

The Council girls all start laughing at their reactions.

Amelia:" Oh right. Yeah, that makes sense, Bae did almost kill you that one time. "

Gura:" That wasn't me technically. "

Bae:" Ah yes, cause that's the only weird part about Gura being our leader ahahha"

Amelia:" I got surprised by the answer and wasn't thinking, okay?" she says and then looks at Mumei.
"So uhh, are you gonna tell me something about your leader or?"

Mumei lets out a sigh before responding.

Mumei:" Okay Ame, I know you're curious and all that, but what am I even supposed to tell you? The name? Appearance? Telling you something like that at a time like this would only distract you, and you’d ask even more questions. Besides, knowing you and your luck, you'll probably meet Her on your own anyways."

Amelia:(So it’s a HER!) " Ugh fiiine, I'll stop asking... And yeah, that is true, I did meet almost all of you before already. Everyone except Sana, would be cool if I met her too..."

Sana:" Well, I'm just chilling in space all the time so, I guess you never really had a chance to meet me."

Amelia:" Yeah, that makes sense. Wait Fauna…” she says and turns to face her.
“ You never answered my question, how come you were friends with Kronii all this time? I mean, I know you're both in The Council and all that, but still..."

Fauna and Kronii both look at each other and Fauna simply smiles before looking at Amelia.

Fauna:" Oh come on now Ame, was it really that surprising? Bae and Mumei kept their identities a secret, but you knew from the start what I was. I told you I was Mother Nature! So, me being Nature, Kronii being Time… Isn’t it obvious that we would be connected in some way?"

Amelia:"... Okay, now you're just making me feel STUPID! "

Fauna:" That wasn't my intention! "

Amelia:" Wait no, you two! " she looks at both Bae and Fauna repeatedly
" You helped me make Watson's Concoction! And I made that specially for Kronii! Explain now!"

Kronii looks at Bae upon hearing that and she quickly hides behind Fauna.

Bae:” Did you have to mention that now?! She still hasn’t forgiven me!”

Kronii:" Dude, you literally just went into hiding and haven’t spoken to me since you did that, and you expect me to forgive you just like that!? I have never felt so betrayed when I found out you two did that..."

Bae:” Well, I can’t exactly make you forgive me the way Fauna did it~” she says and lets out a giggle.

Kronii:”SH-SHUT UP!! I don’t know what you’re talking about!” 

Kronii uncontrollably blushes at Bae’s remark, while Fauna looks at her with a smug expression on her face. 

Gura: "Hey wait, I also helped make it, are you mad at me too?"

Kronii’s blush slowly fades as she turns towards Gura.

Kronii:” Well, no. You’re not a Council member that betrayed me now, are you?”

Gura:” Actually, I am a Council member! I was just pretending to be shocked earlier!”

Amelia: "Oh yeah, what are you then?"

Gura: "I'm uhhh uhhh, The Embodiment of Cuteness!

Gura puts her hands on her hips and looks up with a smirk and her eyes closed, while the rest of the girls remain quiet.

Amelia:"... Well, I can't argue with that."

Fauna:" Maybe she really is our leader..."

Gura:" Hehehe!"

The two both look at Fauna, and Amelia opens her mouth to speak.

Amelia:" Okay now, you two explain."

Fauna:" Oh well, you just asked me so nicely, I couldn't say no! And I guess I thought it would be a bit suspicious if I didn't help you out too."

Bae:" As for me, I actually didn't even know it was for Kronii when I uhhh, made my contribution. You remember my reaction when you said it was for her?"

Amelia:" Oooh so that's why you reacted like that! Now that is pretty funny actually! So uhh, Kronii must've been real mad when she found out you helped me make it"

As Amelia giggles, Kronii pouts and crosses her arms.

Kronii:" Oh, I was mad alright!"

Fauna:" She was mad, but that's nothing some cuddles and kisses couldn't solve~" 

The huge blush on Kronii’s face returns as she turns to her, while Fauna is slowly walking towards her with her arms stretched out in front of her.  

Kronii:" DUDE, YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO SAY THAT!" 

She backs away, but Fauna quickly wraps her arms around her neck and she blushes even harder than before.

Fauna:” Oh you know I love teasing you hehe, you should’ve seen this coming, Time Warden~”

Kronii:” HEY! N-not in front of the children!”

Amelia:(Woah! This whole time I was shocked that they were friends, but they’re actually more than friends!) “ Okay wow, I've never seen Kronii THIS flustered before! I love it!"

Kronii lightly pushes Fauna away and faces Amelia with her eyebrows furrowed while pointing a finger at her and trying her best to stop blushing.

Kronii:" ALRIGHT SHUT UP!! That's enough catching up!! Start thinking of a plan already, Watson!"

Amelia:" Wow you're no fun, Kronii. I'll think of something, I just need some time to process everything…"

Kronii:" I don't care, just process it later!"

Amelia:(Sheesh, just as I started to like her, now she’s acting like a jerk again...)

Fauna gets closer to Kronii with her hands on her hips and Kronii turns to her while putting her arm down.

Fauna:" Kronii! That's no way to talk to a friend! You should apologize!" 

Kronii:” What?! No way! And we’re not friends, I hate her!”

Fauna:" Oh come on now, hate is a strong word… I know you don’t really mean that!"

Kronii:" I wish there was a stronger one! She's so annoying with her time traveling, gives me a headache every time!"

Amelia, with a frown on her face, slowly looks at the ground and turns to her side. 

Amelia:" Okay Kronii, I get it..."

Fauna:(Oh this is gonna be fun!)  "Well then, if you hate her so much, then why did you give her that monocle hairpin she's always wearing? You know, the one you gave to her for her birthday?"

Fauna gets a smug look on her face, while Kronii’s face goes completely red. Amelia quickly looks up at the two, not sure what to think of what she just heard, while also having a slight smile on her face. 

Kronii:" AAAAHH WHAT?! NO I DIDN'T! SHUT UP!!"

Amelia:" Wait what? Is this a joke?" (This makes no sense, but why would Fauna lie? Just to mess with Kronii? Her reaction does make it sound believable though...) she said, while her eyes shifted toward her hairpin. 

Fauna:" I remember when you came to my place and asked me when her birthday was. You kept talking about how cool she was and then asked if it would be weird to give her something for her birthday. SO CUTE!"

Kronii:" Hey! I said she was kinda cool!"

Amelia lets out a gasp and touches her hairpin, upon realizing that Fauna is telling the truth.

Amelia:" No way!!"

Gura turns to her with her eyebrows furrowed, while being confused at her reaction.

Gura:" Wait, you don't even know who gave that to you?"

Amelia:" Uhhh no, it just appeared in a box at my doorstep on my birthday. Someone rang the doorbell but when I went outside, the only thing I saw was the little box."

Gura:” And you just started wearing it??"

Amelia:" IT LOOKED CUTE, OKAY? Wait!" she puts her hand on her chin as she's remembering what she saw.
"There was a little note in it too if I remember correctly!"

Kronii quickly turns to her, while still blushing. The rest of the girls around them simply watched while giggling the whole time.

Kronii: "NO, NO THERE WAS NO NOTE!!"

Amelia gets a smug look on her face, as she looks up at the blushing Kronii.

Amelia:" Well, if you're not the one who gave it to me, then you have nothing to worry about, right?” she says and lets out a slight gasp.
“ Oh, I think I have it in my pocket!" she says as she puts her hand in her inner coat pocket.

Kronii:" WHAT?! WHY DO YOU HAVE IT WITH YOU???"

Amelia:" I kept it in case I met the person that gave it to me!" she says as she's taking out the note and straightening it out.
" Here it is! Let's see..."

Kronii: "NO, DON'T READ IT!"

Kronii hurried towards her, but Amelia starts running away while trying to read the note, and Kronii goes after her.

Amelia(reading the note): "Happy Birthday! I think you're pretty cool haha. From a fan :)
PS Not Crazy xoxo" she reads as she's running away from Kronii.
" Oh so, I'm pretty cool now huh?"

Kronii:" SHUT UP!! I DON'T KNOW WHO WROTE THAT!"

Amelia turns around to look at her while still running away from her.

Amelia:" Then why are you chasing me?!"

Kronii:" SILENCE! RUNNING IS FUTILE, YOU CANNOT ESCAPE ME HUMAN!!"

Amelia:" W-WHY ARE YOU TALKING LIKE THAT??" 

The rest of the girls simply watched, as the two ran in circles.

Mumei:" Wow Kronii's lost it…"

Bae:” I’d be lying if I said this wasn’t entertaining.”

Sana:” If only Kronii would get flustered like this more often…”

Fauna:” But then it wouldn’t be as special when it happens!”

As Amelia is running away while inspecting the note, she notices something and stops running. Kronii bumps into her and they both fall onto the ground, with Kronii falling on top of Amelia with her hands next to her head. She doesn't pay any attention to Kronii being on top of her and starts talking like normal.

Amelia:” I didn't think anything about it at the time, but 'Crazy' is spelled with a K (Krazy) and an O in 'xoxo' is capital (xOxo). Those are your initials!"

Kronii:" C-couldn't solve that one,  World's Greatest Detective?" she says while stuttering and blushing.

Amelia:" This is really from you, isn't it?" 

Kronii, while unable to respond, simply looks at her and as her face gets redder, Fauna opens her mouth to speak . 

Fauna:" Oh don't worry, I can confirm it's from her! When you first started wearing it and she-"

Kronii:" FAUNA, ONE MORE WORD AND I'LL START SWEARING!"

Fauna:" Pfft, I know you won't do it!"

As Kronii opens her mouth, Amelia stops her before she can even finish a word..

Amelia:" Uhhh Kronii? You mind getting off me now?"

Kronii: "Oh uhh, yea..." 

She gets up and takes a few steps away from her. Amelia gets up too, then cleans her clothes up from the dirt. As she's doing that, she suddenly stops and starts recalling her own words.

I've never seemed affected by your time stop.

Amelia: "That's it!! I get it! Now it all makes sense!" she rolls up her sleeve to reveal the bracelet that Kronii gave her.
"I never actually needed this bracelet, did I? I was already immune to your time stop. I became immune to it thanks to the hairpin I'm wearing!"

Gura:" Oooooh! I remember you saying you didn’t seem affected by it!"

Amelia:" Am I wrong?"

Kronii:" Hmph, took you long enough to figure it out! " she says and crosses her arms.

Amelia puts her hand on her chin, while thinking profoundly.

Amelia:" Now that I really think about it, things have been weird with you and your time stop ever since I started wearing it. But uhhh, why did you do that exactly?"

Kronii:" Isn't it obvious? So I wouldn't have to touch you every time I stop time and go after you. Also, making you immune to my time stop isn't the only thing it does, it also tracks your location."

It takes Amelia a few seconds to process what she has just heard, and it leads her to snap out of her thinking pose. 

Amelia:" WHAT!?"

Kronii:" I mean, I could find you without it too, it just made things easier."

Amelia:" Wait so, is that the only reason you gave this to me? Just so you can track me!? What about me being 'pretty cool' and everything?? Man, I thought you secretly cared about me or something...  But I guess you must’ve only written that so I’d put it on…"

Fauna rushes towards the two and bumps into Kronii upon reaching them, then clears her throat.

Fauna:" As I was saying! When Kronii saw you started wearing it, she was so happy! She came to me and she was like 'She's wearing it! She's wearing it!' while shaking me all excitedly!"

Kronii:" Do you HAVE to tell her everything?!"

Fauna simply lets out a giggle at her remark.

Amelia:" So you DO care about me! I don't get it, what's your deal?! You give me this gift and then just keep trying to kill me!"

Kronii lets out an annoyed sigh before responding. 

Kronii:" Try? Did you just say try?"

Amelia:" Uhh what?..."

Kronii:" Do you really think I need to try to kill you? Do you think I was trying at all? If I really wanted to kill you, you’d be dead already. I don’t even need to use any of my powers in order to do it, and I could just use my bare hands too. 

Amelia:" Okay, I get it! What's your point, you mean you weren't trying to kill me all this time?"

Kronii crosses her arms and lets out another sigh.

Kronii:" No, obviously. I was never supposed to kill you, I was just pretending. All I wanted to do was scare you away from time traveling. But I guess I wasn't scary enough."

Amelia:" That doesn’t really add up… I mean, if you really wanted me to stop, why give me the time stop immunity hairpin? And couldn’t you have just taken my watch away from me? I have no way of time traveling without it, after all. Unless… You actually enjoy chasing after me! I get it now, you must be one of those Tsunderes!” 

Kronii:" Wh-what?! ME a Tsundere?! Don’t be stupid! Idiot! I-I don’t even know what that word means!”

Amelia:” … That is literally the most Tsundere response ever! Clearly, you are in love with me!”

Kronii crosses her arms and pouts before responding.

Kronii:" I’m not in love with you!! I just…”

Amelia:" Yes?"

Kronii:" Uhhh…"

Fauna hugs Kronii from behind and gets on her tiptoes so her head is next to hers.

Fauna:” I can confirm that Kronii is not in love with you, hehe!~. She’s just a bit awkward, so it seems like she’s hiding something big.”

Kronii:” Oh wow, thanks. For a second there, I thought you’d just try to embarrass me again…”

Fauna:” I would never! I will, however, answer Amelia’s question. Since you’re such a big Tsundere that you can’t do it yourself!”

Kronii:” Ugh, I should’ve known! I hate you!” 

Fauna giggles, then moves in to stand next to Kronii. She clears her throat and speaks in a Kronii-like voice.

Fauna:" Hey Fauna... You think Amelia and I can ever be friends?" she clears throat and switches back to her normal voice
" Who knows. Maybe one day, when she finds out the truth about you." once again switches to Kronii’s voice
" I want us to all hang out together! Amelia is just so cute, funny and smart and-"

Kronii:" OKAY, I DID NOT SAY THAT LAST PART!!"

Fauna:" You didn’t? I must be misremembering then… Whoopsie!" she says and then giggles. 

Amelia:" Awww, so you just want to be friends with me? No wonder you agreed to help me so easily. You were like 'It's cause of the planet haha', but you actually really wanted to help me! Don't worry, I’ll be friends with you Kornii!"

After a few moments of silence, Kronii simply turns around, not facing Amelia anymore.

Kronii:" This is beyond embarrassing and I'm leaving. I'm going to curl up in a ball and cry."

She slowly walks away, towards one of the buildings.

Fauna: " Wait up Kronii~" 

Fauna, along with the rest of the Council, all follow Kronii where she goes.

Amelia:" Oh come on, don't go! Friend!" she says as she's reaching her hand towards her, then turns to the rest of the Myth girls.
" She'll be back alright!"

Gura:" Well, that was something! Kronii actually liked you the whole time! What a twist!"

Amelia:" I know right?"


Amelia starts talking with her friends about everything that happened, while the Council girls are watching them from a distance.
Kronii is sitting on the ground, while curled up in a ball against a building. Mumei squats next to her and pats her head.

Bae:" So uhhh, that was quite the experience!"

Sana:" Yeah, I've never seen Kronii like that before!"

Fauna:" Come on Kronii, it wasn't THAT bad! I mean, just look at her now! Look how happy she is!" 

Kronii slowly looks up at the now happy Amelia, and smiles. She picks herself up and cleans her clothes up, then Mumei does the same.

Kronii:" Yeah, it looks like we made her forget all about what happened. I guess it was worth it. And this was the best time for her to find out after all."

Fauna:" See, you overreacted!" she says and pats her head.

Kronii lets out an angry huff while turning towards her.

Kronii:" You still made that way more embarrassing than it could've been!!"

Fauna  "Eh hehehe sorry! I just couldn't resist teasing you!"

Laughter echoes from the direction of the Myth girls, and the Council turns towards them.

Mumei:" I tried to cheer her up with the Gura being our leader thing, but man, you two really outdid yourselves."

Fauna:" Yeah, good job Kronii! You cheered your new friend up!"

Kronii:" Oh shut up please..."

Sana:" I think it’s time we get back to them now. They should hear what I have to say too..." 

The rest nod at her, and they all slowly return to the rest of the girls. Amelia smiles as she notices Kronii walking towards her. 

Amelia:" Oh hey, welcome back, friend!"

Kronii:" Don't... Please..."

Kiara lets out a gasp as she remembers something, then quickly looks at Amelia.

Kiara:" Oh Ame! I didn’t wanna mention it earlier, and I kinda forgot later, but that message you sent me! That was messed up!

Amelia:" Huh, what do you me-” she stops talking mid sentence and her eyes widen.
" Ooooh, I remember now! Haha yeah, I got you good, didn't I?"


Just like Amelia, Gura and Ina; Calli and Kiara also had an off collab. Gura was supposed to call them if things happened as Amelia predicted but, due to an unfortunate turn of events, she couldn’t do that.
And so, the two remained comfortably asleep in their pajamas, up until the Ancient Ones spit Ina out and started transforming. The massive amount of energy The Ancient Ones were releasing was enough to make both Calli and Kiara jut out of their bed. They both looked at each other when they woke up.

Calli:" This, it has to be-"

Kiara:" Yeah, it's her! Come on, we gotta hurry up and get dressed" 

They quickly  jump out of the bed and start getting into their outfits.

Calli:" Did they call us? I didn't hear anything!"

Kiara:" Yeah, me neither, let me check." she looks at her phone and sees something
" Oh I got a message!"

Calli: "A message? Why didn't they just call us like they said?"

Kiara:" I don't know, wait!" she says and starts reading the message
" Kiara, this is Amelia from my work phone. If you're reading this, it must be because Gura and I failed and we are now dead. It's all up to you two now, I'm sorry..."

The two, while in disbelief, were at a loss for words from pure shock. 

Calli:” No, no way! Did she say anything else?!"

Kiara: "Wait, there's another message" she says and slowly scrolls down
" SIKE HAHAHA! I ain't dead LMAO! Or maybe I am, I don't actually know... Oh man, this is gonna suck if I'm REALLY dead when you're reading this..."

The two both let out a sigh of relief, but then an annoyed huff.

Calli:" Grrr that little time traveling detective! I can't believe she did that to us!"

Kiara:" I know, she sounded so genuine! I almost started crying..."


Kronii blankly stares at Amelia, while listening to Kiara’s point of view, and slowly crosses her arms.

Kronii:" Hmmm that's weird, I could've sworn you said 'No jokes, no messing around, we're going serious mode' or something like that."

Amelia:" I know, sorry! I just couldn't resist!"

Kiara:” Grrr! Well, I'm just glad you're all okay. It looks like everything went how Ame thought it would."

Ina’s eyes widen at Kiara’s, and she nervously opens her mouth to speak.

Ina:" Oh uhhh Ame, about that... You had today circled on your calendar... It’s obvious that you knew what was going to happen today, but… For how long have you known this?" 

Silence fills the air as Amelia turns her head towards Ina.

Amelia:" I knew... From the day that you were born..."

The two stare at each other, with Amelia’s mouth shaking slightly, trying to hold in laughter.

Ina:" But you're only a year older than me!"

Amelia:" Are you sure about that? Am I reall-" she stops then giggles
" Okay sorry, I can't keep going! I just thought that'd sound cool…"

Kronii:(So much for 'no jokes, no messing around'... But still, the fact that she's able to make jokes in this situation means that we really cheered her up, that makes me happy...)

Ina:" Ame!"

Amelia fidgets slightly at Ina raising her voice, and the smile on her face disappears, being replaced by a more serious expression.

Amelia:" Okay okay, sorry! I guess... I knew from the day that I met you..."

Ina:" Really? You’re not messing around this time?"

Amelia:" Well, I didn't figure everything out right away but, I just had a bad feeling about The Ancient Ones. From what I've seen and from what you've told me, I just didn't believe that they wanted to be your friend. It didn't make sense to me, I thought they were just using you. "

Ina:" B-but how did you know everything was going to happen today!? "

Amelia puts her hand on her chin as she gets into deep thought, then finally replies. 

Amelia:” Well, I wouldn’t say I knew, it was just speculation based on a bunch of assumptions. This could’ve happened any other day after today as well. Basically, I just thought that The Ancient Ones were with you because they didn’t have any choice. And since you told me that your appearance changed and that you started hearing the voice of The Ancient Ones three years after picking up the book, I just assumed that after those three years, they were at half of their power. I assumed that after another three years, they would be at full power, and then they would no longer need you. Six years ago today you picked up the book, and today is the day that they stopped needing you. “

As Ina is hearing what Amelia is telling her, she recalls what The Ancient Ones told her.
We were simply using you. We needed you in order for Us to survive. But now the day has come, Our full power has returned to Us and We no longer need you.

Ina: (I can't believe it!)

The rest of the girls remained silent, letting Amelia speak while being impressed by her detective skills.

Sana: (This human really is something else. She figured almost everything out all on her own. Her Majesty was right about her.)

Ina:" Ame... I don't even know what to say… This is identical to what they've told me!"

Amelia:" Oh really? It took me a lot of thinking to reach this point, and it all made sense when I did. I’m not sure if this is something I should be happy about though…"

Ina:” I don't get it... If you figured all of that out, why did you still want to be friends with me? You invited me to join Hololive too..."

Amelia lets out a little laugh and smiles before responding.

Amelia:" That’s exactly why! Well, it’s one of the reasons. Before Gura and I, you had no friends. You only had your mother and The Ancient Ones with you. I guess you reminded me of myself. I saw myself in you. I... Before meeting Gura I was also lonely like you. I had my family, co-workers and Fauna, who I considered more of a cool mother, but I had no friends. And Fauna never left the forest either.”

Fauna lowered her head toward the ground upon hearing that.

Fauna: (I didn't know Ame felt like this... Now I feel bad about always staying in the forest...) 

Amelia:" That loneliness put me on a dark path, I did things I'm not proud of, just to feel something. But everything changed when I met Gura..." Gura starts blushing when hearing Amelia talk.
“ So, I didn't want you to end up on a dark path too. I saw a girl that needed help, that needed a friend, and I wouldn't forgive myself if I didn't try to help her. "

Ina:" Ame..."

Amelia:" And the other reason... I thought that if you continued to live in isolation like that, with The Ancient Ones breathing down your neck… I thought, surely, you'd lose your mind. I thought, if today came and you had no friends, maybe you'd even give them your body willingly. And I couldn't just allow that to happen...  I figured if you had friends, and other people that cared about you, that you'd want to keep living and not give up on yourself. And although you didn't seem that optimistic about getting saved, it was the memories of our time spent together that brought you back. " 

Both Gura and Ina’s mouths shake as they start tearing up.

Gura:" Those sure were some great memories... I'll be honest, when Ame first told me that she wanted the three of us to hang out together and that she invited you to join Hololive... I thought she was crazy.... Then she told me everything and I changed my mind. I'm really glad we became friends..." 

Ina gets closer to them and hugs them both tightly, and they hug her back.

Ina: "You guys... Thank you, for everything... Meeting you was the best thing that ever happened to me!" 

They all hug with tears of happiness streaming down their faces. Everyone else is just watching in silence, with smiles on their faces. After a minute of hugging, they let go of each other and Amelia starts patting Ina's head.

Amelia:" Ina, trust me, we'll beat this thing and we'll make even more great memories together!"

Ina:" Yeah, I trust you!"

Amelia:" Now then... I've been meaning to ask you, but did The Ancient Ones tell you something about what they wanted to do, or what their goal is?"

Ina: "I don't know if this is their final goal, but they said something about having me witness the destruction of this world..." 

Amelia pauses to think about everything, while everyone else continues talking.

Kronii:" So, they just want to destroy the planet huh?"

Bae:" How original."

Kiara:" Never heard that one before…"

Sana:” I could do that just by looking at a planet!~” 

Sana’s eyes narrowed and her mouth opened, parting wide while letting out a joyful chuckle. 

Gura:” Woah, your face looks like an XD! How are you doing that?!”

Sana:” Heh it’s a secret!”  

Mumei:" So that's it? That’s their big goal? Even I have done that before!" the girls turn towards her and stare at her blankly.
" What? It wasn’t THIS planet, obviously! And I-I was just protecting Earth!... F-Fauna!”

Mumei rushes at Fauna and she hugs her, then pats her head. 

Fauna:” It’s okay Mumei, you did nothing wrong.”

Mumei:” I-I know that!”

Amelia clears her throat loudly, while trying to ignore Mumei’s statement.

Amelia:" Uhhh okay, anyway…  About The Ancient Ones wanting to destroy the planet... I don't buy it. I mean, it's obvious that they want to do it, but I don't think that's their final goal. There's just no way, there has to be more to it. What could it be? I guess they could destroy the universe next but still, it doesn't feel like that's it…” she says and remains silent for a few seconds
“ I GOT IT! "

Ina:" You do? “

Amelia:" The one that The Ancient Ones are after is... The one above The Council! " 

She points at the Council girls, while they all let out a gasp at Amelia's discovery.

Fauna:" They're after Her Majesty?! "

Amelia:" That is the only thing that makes sense to me... But, why exactly? Is it revenge? What could 'Her Majesty' have done to them?" she walks in circles as she talks, then stops as she continues.
" Okay now, this might sound crazy, but just bear with me. What if The Ancient Ones weren't inside the book, but they WERE the book? They called Sana their Apostle, but judging by her reaction to that and her telling Kronii to pause time, I'm assuming she didn't become their Apostle of her own free will. What if, 'Her Majesty' got angry when The Ancient Ones made Sana their Apostle so, in return, she turned the Ancient Ones into a book. Now, how that book got inside of a library where Ina found it, I guess only 'Her Majesty' knows that..."

The rest of the girls kept quiet and listened carefully to Amelia’s monologue.

Sana: (She's incredible... Her Majesty said she was special, but she is on a whole nother level...)

Amelia:" So uhh, Sana, can you confirm my theory or am I just crazy?"

Sana:" Yeah, you're right. It wasn't of my own free will. I was uhhh… Doing something in space, something I shouldn’t have, and then I heard their voice. Her Majesty, She warned me about this. She said if I kept going, that a dangerous being could find me. But I didn't listen..."

Gura swallowed nervously while staring at Amelia.

Gura:(Wow... Amelia is right, again. I don't think any of us could have figured all this out, especially not as fast as she did. She's really amazing...)

Amelia:" I understand now, but you being their Apostle, what does that mean exactly? They made it sound as if you’d be unable to fight them because you’re their Apostle. Can they control you or take over your body like with Ina? "

Sana:" I don't know... That's why I'm scared... I don't know what they could do, I don't want to hurt any of you... I don't think I should be here... I'm sorry, but I can't fight alongside all of you... " 

Right as she says that, Bae puts her hand on her shoulder and stops her.

Bae:" Sana, wait. I think I can help you. "

Sana:" Bae?"

Bae:" Her Majesty gave this key to me.” she says, while touching the key around her neck.
“ With it, I am able to phase through things and beings. She said 'When the time comes, you will know what to do with it.' . I think now is that time."

Sana:" Do you really think this will work? "

Bae says nothing and removes her collar. She separates the key from it, then hands the collar to Fauna.

Bae:" Only one way to find out. "

Bae opens her mouth wide open and swallows the key. She takes her right hand and slowly inserts it into Sana’s stomach. As her hand is phasing through it, her stomach wobbles, as if she put it in a pool of water.

Sana:" Nnghh Bae... W-what are you doing? "

Bae:" Just stay calm, I'll find the thing that's holding you back, Sana." She inserts her hand deeper and then just stops, as if she has found what she's looking for.
" There it is. There's something, stuck on your soul..." she grabs it, pulls it out of Sana's stomach and throws it onto the ground, then spits her key out.
"?... What is that?"

She looks at the thing while picking up her key. It looks like a purple blob with little horns, and as it turns around, the creature wears a frown with its eyes narrowed.

Ina:" Is that a takodachi?"

Mumei:" I don't care what it is, I'm getting rid of it!" 

Mumei rushes towards it and then grabs it in her hand.

Ina: "Hey, wait!"

Mumei throws the takodachi lightly into the air and then jumps after it .She does a roundhouse kick to the takodachi and sends it flying. Right after kicking it, a tornado shoots from her foot, which blows everyone's hair. The tornado continues to push the takodachi straight into the Sun, in a matter of seconds. She returns onto the ground with a smile on her face.

Mumei:" Whew, crisis averted!"

Ina walks up to her and lightly pushes her and she turns around.

Ina:" Why'd you do that?! "

Mumei:" Huh what do you mean?"

Ina:" It was just a harmless takodachi..."

Mumei:" And how do you know it was harmless? That thing was inside of Sana, it was how The Ancient Ones were controlling her, there's no way it was harmless!" she yelled out.

Ina struggles to come up with a response and as she’s about to open her mouth, Amelia walks up to her and puts her hand on her shoulder.

Amelia:" Sorry Ina, I know you're confused, after everything that's happened to you today, I don't blame you. But that takodachi clearly wasn't harmless, no matter how cute it looked. Besides, it had horns instead of a halo like your usual takodachis. It had an angry face too! Mumei made the right call by getting rid of it."

Ina:" Yeah, I guess you're right... Sorry Mumei... "

Mumei:" It's fine, sorry I yelled at you... "

Bae turns to Sana who has a huge smile on her face.

Bae:“ So Sana, how are you feeling? You think you can fight The Ancient Ones with us now? "

Sana:" I feel as if a huge weight has been lifted off my back! It's amazing! Thank you Bae, I really think I can help you guys now!" 

Sana gets excited and hugs Bae and lifts her up into the air with the hug. Then Bae hugs her back and pats her back.

Amelia:" Well, that was weird to watch, but it looks like everything is okay now. I only just met you Sana, but I'm glad you'll be fighting together alongside us. Well, I doubt I'll be doing much fighting myself, but you know what I mean." 

Sana drops Bae to the ground and turns to Amelia.

Sana:" Yeah, I'm happy I'll be able to fight with all of you too! "


Mumei’s eyes widen slightly and she turns to Kiara.

Mumei:" Oh right! That reminded me, I need to talk to you about something! " she grabs Kiara's hand and drags her away from the rest.
" Hey, uhhh are you good to go? Has it returned?" she whispered.

The rest of the girls are just watching them, wondering what they're talking about.

Kiara:" Obviously. I had Calli check for me already. After all, I wouldn't be here if it hadn't returned."

Mumei:" Yeah… I guess that makes sense..."

Kiara: "You look disappointed, did you want to check or something? I guess you still can if you really want to."

Mumei:" Oh Really?!"

Kiara slightly backs away while gritting her teeth at Mumei’s reaction.

Kiara:" Ugh, why do you look so excited?? But yeah okay, sure..."

Mumei:" Anything you don't want me to do?""

Kiara:" Just don't cut my head off or rip my heart out please..."

Mumei:" Wow you're no fun, those are my favorites..."

Mumei cracks her knuckles while Kiara swallows nervously. 

Kiara:" Your favorites are the worst! Uhhhh I-I guess you should do it on a count to three?"

Mumei:" Sure!"

Kiara:" Oneee..."

Mumei:" THREE!" 

She shoves her knife-like hand straight through Kiara's stomach. Kiara yells out in pain, with her blood splattering everywhere.

Kiara:" FUCK!!! Owwww! I didn't even say two yet!" 

The Myth girls' eyes widen at the sight of those two and run towards them, with the Council following behind them.

Amelia:" The hell are you two doing?!"

Mumei, with her right hand still inside of Kiara, puts her left hand on her shoulder. With a slash of wind to the right, she slices to the left and cuts Kiara in half. Both of her halves falling onto the ground.

Kiara:" FUCK!! Did you HAVE TO cut me in half?!?"

Mumei:" Yep, you're definitely still immortal!"

The girls around them furrowed their eyebrows in confusion. 

Ina:” Still immortal?...

Amelia:" Yeah, what's that supposed to mean?!”

Mumei:" Uhhh I forgot!"

Kiara lets out a slight gasp before responding.

Kiara:" Oh don't worry about it! This is just an inside joke of ours! Mumei likes to check if I'm still immortal. As if I could ever stop being immortal!" she says and laughs nervously.

Amelia: "Well, that's one way to check... (I can tell you're lying Kiara. I don't know what you're keeping from us, but you must be doing it for a good reason, so I won't pry...)

Kiara:" Anyway Mumei, can you help put me back together now? "

Mumei stares her down while slowly crossing her arms.

Mumei:" Just do it yourself. "

Kiara:" Oh come on, it's easier if you help me..."

Mumei:" What if The Ancient Ones cut you in half, are you gonna ask them to put you back together?"

Kiara:" Well no, I'd ask one of you guys obviously."

Mumei puts her hands down and lets out a sigh.

Mumei:" You can't, we're all busy defending ourselves."

Kiara:" Well, I doubt Ina or Ame will be busy defending themselves..."

Mumei:" There will be times when no one will be there to help you. Do it yourself."

Kiara:" Ugh fine..." 

Kiara uses her arms to move towards her other half and as she’s getting closer, Mumei pushes her bottom half away with her foot.

Kiara:” DUDE!”

Mumei:" Come on, you're almost there!" 

Mumei giggles and continues to move Kiara's bottom half away from her.

Kiara: "STOP DOING THAT!"


The rest of the girls simply watched them with blank expressions, but some couldn’t help but laugh at the sight. Amelia looks up at Fauna and then whispers.

Amelia:" You know, now that I think about it, Mumei seems kinda psycho doesn't she?"

Fauna:" Yeah, sometimes she can get like that. I think having to kill billions of people as a part of her Guardian duties had an effect on her."

Amelia:" Billions?! That's hyperbole, right??"

Fauna:" No, unfortunately, it's not. Oh I forgot to mention they were from different planets. I guess they weren't really people then, just creatures."

Amelia lets out a sigh of relief upon hearing that.

Amelia:" Ooooh they were from different planets, whew. Wait, why did she have to do that?"

Fauna:" Her Majesty can foresee the future and She saw that some alien civilizations were planning on taking over Earth. So, She sent Mumei to those planets to stop them. Even though she was following orders and it was for Earth, it looks like she’s feeling bad about it…

Amelia:" I guess that explains a lot. And that thing she said back then wasn't a joke after all... Wait a second, you said 'Her Majesty' can foresee the future? Then that means She must've seen this day coming too! "

Fauna:” That is possible, however, Her Majesty doesn’t actually like using that ability. She only foresees the future if She wants to, but She says that She prefers being surprised by this world. Either way, I doubt She will be joining us here. I have a feeling that She wants us to take care of this on our own."

Amelia appeared in deep thought as she listened to her talk, then she slowly turns her head toward Mumei and Kiara, while opening her mouth to speak.

Amelia:” I see. Her Majesty sure is an interesting one… I hope to meet her someday.” 

Fauna:” Heh don’t worry, I’m sure you will eventually!”


Mumei eventually stops messing with Kiara and she lets her connect her two halves together and she slowly heals up. Kiara gets up and looks at Mumei angrily.

Kiara:" You're really mean sometimes, you know that!"

Mumei:" I'm only like that cause I know you can take it. You're my best student after all. Don't tell Calli." she says and pats her head.

Kiara:" Oh wow really? Thanks, it means a lot, Mumei!"  

Mumei just smiles at her and runs off to Fauna and Amelia, while Kiara goes to Ina and Gura. 

Gura:" Well, that was pretty weird."

Kiara:" Nah, don't worry, this is normal for us..."

Mumei looks at Kiara then turns to Fauna who is next to her.

Mumei: "Hey uhhh, you don't think I'm being too hard on her, do you?"

Fauna:" Well, that speech was nice, but the later part was unnecessary I think… But I guess she should be used to that by now."

Mumei:" I thought it would look funny and couldn't resist..."

Amelia:" It did look kinda funny, not gonna lie.... Well, I think we have done enough catching up now. Let's start talking about how we're gonna fight them now!"

Upon hearing that, Bae looks at The Ancient Ones, who remained frozen in time, then looks back at Amelia.

Bae:" Uhhh yeah, about that whole fighting thing... Quick question, what's stopping us from just killing them right now? "

Amelia:" Uhhh that would be lame as Hell? Besides, I've already started thinking of a plan! "

Mumei:" Yeah, Bae, that would be super lame! Don't you wanna see what this thing can do?"

Bae:" Bruh moment..."

Kronii then turns towards The Ancient Ones, along with the rest of the girls.

Kronii:" I can give you one more reason. When The Ancient Ones transformed, they said 'Your time tricks will no longer work on Us'. "

Mumei:" But they're clearly working..."

Amelia:" Yeah, I remember them saying that and I was confused cause they still seem affected by it..."

Kronii:" Well, let's check if they really work." 

Kronii materializes her short sword in her right hand and throws it at The Ancient Ones. The sword spins vertically, but before it could reach their head, a tentacle juts out of their back and it deflects Kronii's sword back to her and she grabs it with the same hand by the hilt.

While some were unfazed by this, some of the girls let out a gasp upon seeing The Ancient Ones move while in stopped time.

Gura:" W-what's going on?! Were they just pretending to be affected by it?!"

Amelia:" No, just calm down. They had way too many chances to kill us while we were talking. And there's no way they'd just stand there while Bae was helping Sana."

Gura:" Oh yeah, that makes sense. But what just happened then?"

Amelia:" It looks like with their transformation, they gained some kind of defense mechanism that works even while time is stopped. It's as if their tentacles have a mind of their own..."

Mumei lets out a slight excited gasp after she says that.

Mumei:" Oooh, I wonder if it works like my Wind!"

Amelia:" Your what?"

Mumei: "Kiara, would you like to demonstrate?"

Kiara lets out an annoyed sigh before responding.

Kiara:" Ugh, why me?"

Mumei:" Come on, you should be used to it by now!"

Kiara:" Fiiine. But no way I'm using my sword!"

Mumei:" Yeah, that wouldn't be smart."

Mumei stands in place, not moving, as Kiara clenches her left fist. She covers it in flames and goes for a powerful punch to Mumei's face.
Before her fist reaches Mumei, her flames disappear and her arm bends and breaks.

Kiara:” FUCK!"

Gura:" Woah, awesome!!"

Mumei:" You know, those flames weren't really necessary."

Kiara:" Whatever!" 

She bends her arm back into how it was and it heals. 

Amelia:" That was pretty cool, but what happened exactly?"

Mumei:" When my instincts sense someone attacking me, even if I can't see them, the attack will just twist and pass right by me."

Amelia:" I see now. I guess The Ancient Ones' instincts remain active even during stopped time... And I have a feeling that if they continue to evolve throughout the fight, it's possible that Kronii's time stop might become completely useless, so we shouldn't rely on it."

Kronii:" Well, that sucks I guess, but it’s not like I need my time stop!"

Kronii crosses her arms with a smug look on her face. 

Amelia:" Well either way, I was planning on having you not use your time stop this time around anyways. It's a good thing you kept your swords a secret from them at least. "

Kronii:" Yeah, and I didn't want to use them until we separated your friend from them either. "

Amelia:" Awww how sweet of you! "

Amelia gets on her tiptoes and pats Kronii’s head.

Kronii:" Shut up! And don’t pat my head!"

Kronii quickly moves her hand away, and both Amelia and Fauna giggle at her reaction. Amelia then turns to look at the rest of the girls.

Amelia:" Well I guess I should tell you what I came up with now. I already have a rough idea of a plan in mind, but I’ll change it if I need to. Hmm on second thought… There are a few other things I want to do first…”



To Be Continued...


Chapter 3 has finally been updated! If anyone is rereading this one, I hope you like all the changes I made to it. And if you're new, consider yourself lucky that you didn't read the disaster that was the original version of this chapter lmao. Unfortunately, the chapter is now even longer than it was before, but there's nothing I can do about that!
Some of the next few chapters may look bad, so just bear with it! I hope you continue to read my story, because I really think it will be worth it! :D 

13