Chapter 2, Part One: An Unexpected Trio
337 7 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Before the chapter starts, I have two important things to say.
1. Kronii, at this current time, doesn’t have her ribbon earrings or her cape.
2. During this chapter, and some others, Amelia will come up with a plan. I will switch between what is going on currently, and to Amelia explaining her plan. The plan will be separated with those straight lines, but it will also be marked with this sign {}, to avoid any confusion. I hope that made sense. Enjoy.                 


Kronii's side, while Amelia was time traveling.


Kronii was sitting while meditating in an empty white space when suddenly, she got a headache and heard ringing in her head.

Kronii:" Oww. Grr Watson..."
Before she can even finish her thought, the ringing echoes two times within her head.
" Three times in a row?? She's never done something like this before… Oww!" she says with her hand on her head in pain.
Amelia time travels three more times while running, this time with longer breaks in between. Each time she time traveled, Kronii felt it in her head, with the ringing getting louder during the instant she clicked the button on her watch.
" There she goes again... But it was different this time. Is she trying to say something? Wait, this is..."
Amelia once again time travels three more times, faster than last time.
" Morse Code! Three short, three long and another three short! This is an SOS! Watson... What did you get yourself into now? You must be desperate if you're asking me for help..."

Kronii appears a few meters behind Amelia and sees her crying next to a trash can. She slowly walks towards her and Amelia hears her footsteps, so she tries to stop crying and wipes her tears with her sleeve.

Kronii:" Hey uhhh, you good? " she says while getting closer to her.

Amelia slowly gets up and turns around to look at her.

Amelia:"...W-what does it look like?..." she says while rubbing her eyes.

Kronii:” What happened? You look...Terrible..."

Amelia:" What do you care...? You probably enjoy seeing me like this..."

Kronii, who was now right in front of her, lets out a sigh and crosses her arms.

Kronii:" That's besides the point. And you're the one who called me here anyways, you sent me that headache-SOS. What a pain that was. Literally..."

Amelia:" So you know Morse Code huh. Well? What now, are you going to kill me or what?"

Kronii:" Kill you? You're clearly going through something right now, I wouldn't do that. I'm no monster."

Amelia says nothing and just looks at her, with the word “doubt” written all over her face.

Kronii:" Oh come on, I'm not THAT bad! I helped you out with that weird tentacle girl that one time!"

Amelia:" Yeah and you said if I asked for your help again that you'd kill me!"

Kronii:" Oh right, I forgot about that. I guess I better keep my word!" she says and gets in a stance as if she's going to punch her.

Amelia:" Wait, don't!" 

As Kronii is about to punch her, out of a reflex, Amelia puts her hands in front of her head to protect herself. Kronii intentionally misses, and punches next to Amelia's head. The wind from her punch blows through Amelia's hair and coat. The confused Amelia puts her hands down, as Kronii gets closer to her and hugs her.

Amelia:"... What are you doing?..."

Kronii:" You looked like you needed one."

Amelia:" Not from you..."

Kronii:" Shut up. Don't get used to this."

Kronii hugs her tighter, starts patting her back and Amelia hugs her back.

Amelia:" Kronii... Please help me... Y-you're the only one who can..." tears start forming in her eyes, as she asks her enemy for help.

Kronii puts her hands on Amelia's shoulders, moves her away and takes a step back.

Kronii:" So, are you going to tell me what's going on or not?"

Amelia sniffles, before looking down at the ground while swallowing nervously.

Amelia:" It's that girl you helped me out with... After I found her, we became friends and I invited her to join Hololive..." she says, while trying to hold in her tears.

Kronii:" Wait, she tried to kill you and then you became friends with her? Well, you are kinda crazy so, I can't say I'm surprised."

Amelia:" No, it wasn't her. She has some being inside of her, which can take control of her body. She's not the one that attacked me. And now... That being... The Ancient Ones, they took complete control over her... And... T-they killed Gura... I-it was all my fault... They didn't even bother killing me, they just flew away... They must be looking for Calli and Kiara now..." she says with tears in her eyes and starts crying again when she remembers what happened.

Kronii:" Alright alright, stop crying, it's annoying! I'll help you out, just stop crying already!"

Amelia, while in shock with Kronii’s response, stops crying and quickly wipes her tears.

Amelia:” W-wait, really?!”

Kronii:" You want me to come with you and turn back time, right? To save your friend? I'll do it."

Amelia:" Kronii..." she was so happy, that she hugged her right away
"Thank you..."

Kronii, while surprised by the sudden embrace, gets a slight smile on her face. With her arms moving to hug her back, she quickly stops and shakes her head, and her smile fades.

Kronii:" Alright, calm down! One hug was already one too many!” she says and pushes her away lightly.

Amelia:" O-oh yeah, r-right. Sorry."

Kronii:” Let’s just get this over with. And you owe me after this!”


Kronii puts her hand on Amelia's shoulder and together, they both disappear. They reappear in Amelia's original timeline, exactly in front of Gura's body.

Kronii:" Oh wow... This is worse than I thought. I'm sorry Watson..."

Amelia:"... Just turn back time already. I can't bear to look at her like that anymore..."

Kronii puts her right hand up in the air and a huge clock appears above her head. It starts moving counter-clockwise and they see everything happening in reverse. Suddenly, another Amelia appears at the other side of Gura's body and she appears to be see-through.

Amelia:" Is that another me?"

Kronii:" Since I'm here rewinding time with you next to me, there's a "you" missing in the rewind. So, I had to create a temporary, see-through version of you, in order for things to happen as they should. "

The two, as they’re watching the past unfold, notice The Ancient Ones coming back, landing behind them.

Amelia:” There they are...”

The see-through Amelia runs back in reverse and Gura’s body starts rising up. The purple beam that The Ancient Ones shot, returns from behind Gura, as it passes through her, the hole in her stomach disappears, as if she never got shot at all. Their beam passes between Amelia and Kronii, returning to the palm of The Ancient Ones. Amelia looks back at her other self and sees how close she is.

Amelia:" So... It really was my fault... I kept saying it was, but I was still hoping it wasn't true... They shot her almost as soon as I ran away with Bubba... He kept barking so I didn't hear a thing... She was looking at where I went and got distracted... “ tears started forming in her eyes as she spoke.

Kronii:" Even if it was your fault, it doesn't matter anymore. You saved her. Not me, you. You asked for my help, despite thinking I was going to kill you. All just for her. Be proud of yourself and stop crying over something you already fixed."

Amelia:" Kronii... "

Kronii:" Also, Miss ‘World's Greatest Detective’, I don't know how you haven't realized it, but The Ancient Ones clearly did this on purpose. But I guess after what happened, you weren't in the right state of mind to think about anything. "

Upon hearing that, Amelia stops looking at Gura and looks up at her.

Amelia:" Huh? What do you mean?..."

Kronii:" You still don't get it? If they were able to kill her so easily while she was distracted, then they didn't even need her to be distracted. They killed her right after you left, then waited for you to come back to see your reaction. Then they spared your life, but we both know that wasn't mercy. They made you think it was your fault, then left you with your friend's dead body. It wasn't your fault Amelia, The Ancient Ones just wanted to torture you. "

Amelia:"... That actually makes a lot of sense. I don't know why they would do that, but it does look like it was all on purpose. And it did look like they weren't even trying while they were fighting her… Thank you for telling me this, Kronii. I just kept thinking it was my fault, it never even crossed my mind that they wanted me to think that. "

Kronii:" No need to thank me, I was just stating the obvious. "

Amelia looks around and notices that time is no longer going backwards, but rather, staying still.

Amelia:" So, why’d you stop rewinding time? "

Kronii:" This just looked like the ideal time to stop rewinding. So I just stopped time in case you weren’t ready. Just say the word and I'll resume it."

Amelia:" …I see. Actually, I got a better idea. Can you like, just unfreeze Gura, but not resume time? "

Kronii:" Ah I assume you wanna talk to her first? Yeah sure, I can do that.” 

Amelia turns her head towards Gura and gulps nervously.

Amelia:" Yeah, I need to talk to her… And it’d be weird to just resume it now. I also need some time to figure out how to deal with this whole thing… "

Kronii:" You thinking of some plan of how we can beat this thing?"

Amelia:" First we have to save Ina but yeah- ...Wait what?!”
It took Amelia a few seconds to actually process what Kronii just said, then she quickly looked up at her.
“You mean you’re gonna help us defeat them? And help us save Ina too?”

Kronii:" Uhh duh! Did you think I was just gonna leave so one of you can die again and have you come crying back to me?"

Amelia:" I... I Don't even know what to say... Thank you. "

Kronii:” Don’t get the wrong idea, I’m not doing this for you. This isn’t just your problem anymore. This thing may very well just destroy the whole planet. I'm not sure why yet. And who knows what it’ll do afterwards. Either way, I can’t let it do whatever it wants.”

Amelia looks down at the ground upon hearing her say that.

Amelia:” That’s right... I was mostly just thinking about saving Ina, but that’s probably true. I was getting the feeling that they want to do that too…” she says and slowly looks back up at Gura.
“Well, I think we’ve been talking for long enough. Can you unfreeze Gura now?”


Kronii:" Right." 

Kronii walks up to Gura’s side and puts her hand on her shoulder. Blue energy surrounds her body and once Kronii lets go of her, the energy disappears and Gura gets back to her senses.

Gura:" Ame!!" 

Gura yells out, while looking at the direction of where Amelia ran with Bubba, not noticing that she’s right in front of her. And as soon as she turns around to look at her, Amelia hugs her tightly with tears forming in her eyes.

Amelia:" Gura!" she says happily.

Gura:" Ame? What happened? I thought you ran away with Bubba… And why are you hugging me?! The Ancient Ones are-" she pushes Amelia away and when she looks at them she notices it.
"Not moving? I don't get it..."

Kronii:" I'll let you two catch up." 

Gura watches Kronii as she walks away from them, then she leans against the wall of a building and crosses her arms. Gura looks back at Amelia who was wiping her tears.

Gura:" Ame, what’s going on here? Who’s the big boobie lady? And why are you crying?...”

Amelia:” I… It’s a bit hard to explain…”

Gura:” ... Something happened to me, didn’t it?...”

Amelia lets out a small gasp, then looks down at the ground after hearing Gura say that. She takes a deep breath before responding.

Amelia:" Okay, I’ll tell you what happened... I did run away with Bubba… And when I came back here, you were lying on the ground with a big hole in your chest…Y-you died shortly after I got to you..." she starts tearing up while talking.

Gura:" I-I died?...  (Wait. The Ancient Ones aren't moving… Amelia appeared out of nowhere with some woman and now she says that I died... This can only mean one thing.). Ame, that woman, is she -"

Amelia:" Yeah, it's Kronii, The Warden of Time. I time traveled a bunch to make her come to me so I could ask for her help. She agreed, for some reason, then we came back here and she turned back time."

Gura:" Then, that means you saved me... You saved me, Ame!" 

Gura embraces her right after saying that, and Amelia slowly moves her hands to hug her back. Tears stream down her face, as she softly brushes her hair.

Amelia:" Yeah… I-I guess I did..." .

Gura:(She’s crying… She must’ve blamed herself for my death…) “ Please don’t cry, Ame. You saved me… You should be happy right now…”

Gura lightly pushes her away and they look each other in the eyes. Amelia quickly wipes her tears with her sleeve, while letting out sniffles.

Amelia:" I'm sorry... I am happy, of course I am! Kronii convinced me it wasn’t my fault too, but still… I can't help but feel guilty for what happened..." 

Gura:" Ame, it wasn't your fault. You saved me! You asked Kronii for help! KRONII, of all people! And if I remember correctly, she said if you asked for her help again, she'd kill you! But you did it anyway... You're my hero, Ame!" she says and wipes the tears off of her face with her hand.

Amelia:" Gura... "

After wiping her tears, Gura quickly hugs her once again.

Gura:" I can't imagine how it must've been for you... Seeing me die right in front of you… Thinking it was your fault… Having to ask Kronii for help... I'm sorry I put you through all that… I promise you won't see me die again!" she says and hugs her tighter.

Amelia: "That's a weird thing to promise, but you better keep it!"

Gura:" Yeah, don't worry about it!"

The two continued to hug each other, while swaying left and right slowly and with Gura’s tail wagging. Suddenly, Gura’s stomach starts growling and the two stop moving, and Amelia pushes her away lightly.

Amelia:" Was that you? Ahahahaha!"

Gura:" Shut up!! I haven't eaten anything yet!"

However, her stomach is quickly followed by Amelia’s, it too now letting out noises of hunger. Gura looks at her with a smug look on her face. 

Amelia:"... Hey, I haven't eaten anything either!"

Gura:"...So uhhhh, you think Kronii will be mad if we went to get something to eat?"

Amelia:" Guess there's only one way to find out." 

The two turn and slowly jog towards her, and Amelia notices that she was watching them with a smile on her face.

Amelia:" Hey! What are you smiling about!?"

Kronii:" Oh uhhh, it's nothing! I just remembered something funny."

Amelia:" Okay so uhhh, Kronii. Gura and I are kinda hungry. You wouldn't mind if we went to get something to eat, right? I can't think on an empty stomach after all."

Gura:" Yeah and I can't fight on an empty stomach either!"

Kronii stares at Gura in the face, with her mouth shaking, as if trying to contain in laughter.

Kronii:(Don’t say it, don’t say it, don’t say it!) " I-is that why you died?" (Dammit!)

Amelia & Gura:"..."

Kronii:" Too soon?"

Amelia:" Uhhh YEAH!! Come on Gura, let's go! We don't need her permission!"

Amelia grabs Gura's hand and the two quickly walk away from her. As they’re walking away, Gura turns around and sticks her tongue out at Kronii, and she starts following them.

Kronii:" Hey, I kinda feel bad now, wait!"

Amelia:" Stop following us!"

They turn in the direction of Amelia's house and then notice something.

Gura:" Hey, is that Bubba with another Ame?"

Amelia:" Oh crap, I forgot about that!” she turns to look at Kronii
"So uhh, Kronii. Could you unfreeze Bubba and get rid of this other me real quick?" 

Kronii:" Oh I would, but you told me to stop following you so, I'll be on my way now." she turns around and starts walking away.

Amelia:" Oh come on, don't act like a child now! I had the right to be mad, you said something messed up to Gura! But I'll let it slide. If you just unfreeze Bubba, I'll give you a little reward and you'll be invited for dinner!" 

Kronii stops moving and turns around with a smug look on her face, then crosses her arms before opening her mouth to speak.

Kronii:" Whoa, are you asking me out? I am perfect after all, so it's understandable. But sorry, I don't look at you that way, Watson."

Amelia:"... Just unfreeze my dog already."

Kronii:" Fiiiine" 

Kronii takes Bubba from the see-through Amelia's hands, and blue energy surrounds him. As she puts him down on the ground, the energy disappears and as soon as he gets back to his senses, he continues barking loudly as he was before. 

Amelia:" Bubba! Hey it's ok buddy, we're not in any danger anymore!"

Amelia crouches and quickly pats his head. Confused Bubba slowly stops barking and wags his tail instead.

Gura:" The other Ame is still here..."

Kronii:" Oh don't worry about that!" 

Kronii simply snaps her fingers and the see-through Amelia disappears.

Gura:" Oh that was easier than expected."

Amelia:" Alright, let's go back to my house now. “ she stops patting Bubba and stands back up.
“ I’ll make us something to eat, then I gotta lock Bubba up so this doesn’t happen again."

Gura and Amelia, along with Bubba next to her, start walking towards her house, and Kronii awkwardly follows behind them.

Gura:" Wait so, she's really gonna eat with us? I thought that was a joke or something..."

Kronii:" Rude! If it weren't for me, you'd still be dead!"

Amelia:" She's right Gura... It's no big deal, she'll just be eating with us. And it’s not like we can just leave her here. She's been surprisingly nice to me today too."

Gura:" Yep no big deal, we're just going to eat together with the person that's been trying to kill you for like two years..."

Kronii suddenly speeds up and walks next to the two, instead of behind them.

Kronii:" Hey, it’s two years and four months to be exact!"

Amelia:" Yeah thanks Kronii. But it's fine Gura, I think the fact that she saved you makes up for the fact that she was trying to kill me. Besides, she said she was gonna help us save Ina and defeat The Ancient Ones too. I think that more than makes up for everything. "

Gura:" Oh wow, I didn't know she was gonna help us do all that... "

Kronii:" Well obviously. If I wasn't, I'd be outta here already. "

Upon hearing that, Gura stops walking and the other two also stop and turn towards her.

Gura:'' Right, that makes sense... But I don’t get it. Aren't you and Ame enemies? Why are you helping us? "

Kronii:" This isn't just about you. The entire world is in danger. That is why I'm helping you. "

Gura:" So, this is that serious huh. But still, you're going to help us save Ina too. If you're just trying to stop the Ancient Ones, you don't really have to do that right? You're doing it because you want to. I guess you're not so bad after all..."

Kronii:" Well, from what I’ve gathered, we have to save your friend first, and then attack The Ancient Ones. So, I kinda just don’t have a choice. Besides, I’m not the bad guy here! I'm only after Amelia because she's time traveling! If you ask me, she's as dangerous as The Ancient Ones! "

After a few seconds of silence, Gura bursts into laughter.

Amelia:" Oh come on Kronii, you're exaggerating now!" 

Kronii:" Maybe. "

Gura:” Ahahaha Ame as dangerous as The Ancient Ones, that’s a good one!”

Amelia:" Well anyways, let's get going already. The food isn’t gonna make itself!”


The three of them, along with Bubba next to them, continue to make their way towards Amelia's house. After a couple minutes of walking, they arrive at their destination, to see the door to her house being completely open.

Kronii:" Wow, do you always leave your door wide open like that?"

Amelia:" Ugh no, that must've been Bubba. I still can't believe he opened the door and found us. We were in a hurry so I didn't lock it." she says as the three walk inside the house.

Gura:" Wonder if anyone stole anything..."

Amelia:" Whaaat, no way, everyone loves me! They wouldn't do that... I think. Well, everything looks normal at least."

Kronii slowly walks around the house with her arms crossed and quickly peeks into each room. She notices the hole in Amelia’s roof, along with the broken chunks of the roof and ceiling lying everywhere around her bedroom.

Kronii:" So, this is what your house looks like... Not bad. I like the hole in the roof, it's a nice touch."

Amelia:" Thanks, it was a recent addition!"

All three of the girls found themselves in the kitchen, which has a large table in the middle, with a total of six wooden chairs, which all seemed to be incredibly sturdy. Gura’s stomach lets out another growl and she gets a blush on her face.

Gura:" Ameee, I'm hungryyy!!" she says while pulling on her coat.

Amelia:" I know, I know, I’ll make us something soon. But, I kinda wanna go brush my teeth first, since I threw up earlier. “

Gura:(She threw up? I guess that explains her breath…) “ Oh, I might as well do it too then. Didn’t have the time for that when we woke up…”

Amelia:" Yes, but now we have the TIME! Heh!”

Amelia says, while looking at Kroni with a smirk on her face, who seemed unamused by the pun.

Kronii:” Wow, never heard that one before! How long did it take you to come up with it?”

Amelia:” Sheesh, I guess you’re not a fan of the time jokes…” she says while taking off her coat.
“ Kronii, you just sit there for a bit, don't go sniffing my clothes or something."

Kronii takes a seat at the dinner table before replying.

Kronii:" Wow, what else am I supposed to do then?"

Gura:" You know, with all the sarcasm between you two, you almost seem like friends…"

Amelia:"Pfft, yeah right, as if she'd ever be friends with me." she says before exiting the room with Gura. 

Kronii:(You said that as if you want to...)


After a couple minutes, they return to the kitchen and see Kronii quickly walking back from the direction of Amelia’s bedroom, then sits on the same chair from before.

Amelia:” Hey, what were you doing in my bedroom?! Sniffing my clothes huh??” 

Kronii:” Uhhhh…”

Amelia quickly goes into her bedroom, with Gura following behind her, and the two were shocked when they saw that the room is completely clean. All the broken pieces of Amelia’s roof and ceiling were thrown into the trash. Everything else in the room has been neatly organized. They slowly return to the kitchen and see Kronii blushing.

Amelia:” … Did you just… Clean my room?”

Kronii:” N-no! I-it must’ve been the wind!” 

Amelia:(Hmmm, I doubt she did that just out of her kindness… I guess she must like things to be clean huh.) ” Uhhhh okay well, I am grateful either way. I don’t think my room has ever been that clean before!”

Kronii:” I-I see! I’m sure the wind appreciates your words.”

Gura and Amelia both look at each other and let out a giggle. Gura takes a seat at the table across from Kronii, while Amelia goes and puts on an apron.

Amelia:" Alright, I think I'll make us pancakes! I still have some leftover mixture from yesterday, so it shouldn't take long."

Kronii:" Wait, you need an apron for pancakes?"

Amelia:" Well no but, G-Gura likes it when I wear it..." she says with a slight blush on her face.

Kronii:" Oh uh alright then."

Gura instantly starts blushing and her tail juts upwards.

Gura:" Uhhh I-I don't know what she's talking about!"

Amelia:" Oh come on, don't pretend now!" 

Amelia turns around to look at her, while wearing an apron with ‘Kiss the Cook’ written on it, which makes Gura blush even harder, and makes her tail rapidly move left and right. 

Amelia:" Hey, your tail is wagging ahahaha!"

Gura:" WHAT. N-no it's not! It's just uhhh, so hot in here, I'm trying to cool myself off with it! "

Amelia:" Oh sorry, you want me to turn the AC on?"

Gura:(Wait, did she actually believe that?) "Yeah sure! That would help! "

Amelia grabs a remote and points it towards the air conditioner that was at the top of a wall next to them, however, Gura’s tail continues to move quickly. Amelia simply stares at her with a smirk on her face.

Gura:" Uhhhh i-it's still a bit hot, since you just turned it on! It will take a bit for it to stop moving." (whew, nice save, me!)

Amelia:" Riiight... " (Heh, she's so cute…)

Amelia turns around towards the kitchen counter and starts working on the pancakes.

Kronii:(Hmm it looks like there's something going on between these two…)


After a couple minutes of awkward silence later.
Kronii was silently sitting with her chin laying on the table, while Gura, having gotten tired of the silence, decided to say something.

Gura:" So Kronii, is it hard walking around with those things?" she says and points to Kronii's chest
"They must weigh you down right?"

Kronii:" E-excuse me!?" she says and quickly sits straight up.

Amelia quickly turns around with her hands on her hips. 

Amelia:" Oi Gura, you can't ask that!"

Gura:" Ugh sorry, I just don't know what to talk about with her! The silence was killing me!"

Kronii notices Gura’s tail moving about, and gets a smug look on her face.

Kronii:" Hey, what about you, that fat tail of yours looks pretty heavy. Does it weigh you down?"

Amelia:" Nevermind, this is getting funny, keep going!"

Gura:" ARE YOU CALLING ME FAT?!" 

Gura stands up and slams her hands on the table, and Kronii then does the same.

Kronii:" I’m surprised that chair can even hold you!"

Amelia:" Oh Kronii, you have no idea how many chairs she broke. She even broke one at my workplace!"

Gura: “AME!! Whose side are you on??” she asks with a blush on her face.

Amelia:” Oh come on, it’s funny. But alright, just calm down now, both of you. I don’t want any fighting at the dinner table!”

They both sit back down while pouting. 

Amelia:" Sheesh, didn't think you two would be at each other's throats like this. I mean, that's our thing, Kronii."

Kronii:" Hey, she started it!"

Gura:" I was just asking a question!"

Kronii:" SO WAS I!"

The two looked at each other with furrowed eyebrows and their arms crossed.

Amelia:" Kronii, even if she started it, you're supposed to be the mature one here."

Gura:" What's that supposed to mean? Are you calling me a kid!?"

Amelia:" Well, compared to Kronii, yes. Or just yes in general."

Kronii:" Hold on, are you calling me old?"

Amelia remains silent for a few seconds, before letting out a sigh and replying.

Amelia:" Wow, I can't catch a break here, can I?..."

Gura:" Sorry Ame... I'll try to be nicer from now on."

Kronii:" Uh yeah, sorry too I guess… You are making me pancakes after all."

Amelia:" Oh wow I didn't expect that. If only you were always this nice..."

She quietly says, as she turns around and continues making pancakes.

Kronii:" If only you always made me pancakes... Where are they anyways? I thought you said this wouldn't take long."

Amelia:" Geez, someone is impatient! A couple are done already but I want to finish some more before I give them to you. Just wait a bit longer."


A couple minutes later...

Amelia:" Alright, here you go! Enjoy!" 

Amelia hands them each a plate with five American pancakes, then takes one plate for herself and sits next to Gura. Gura spreads strawberry flavored jam across her pancakes, while Kronii and Amelia use a chocolate spread for their pancakes.

Gura:" Finally! Bone Apple Teeth!" she says and starts eating.

Amelia:" Gura, that's not how- nevermind…"

Gura:" Hmm?" she mumbles with her mouth full.

Kronii:" I have to admit, these are pretty good. Just bring me one of these the next time you time travel, and I'll let you off the hook."

Amelia and Kronii take their time with the pancakes, while Gura quickly stuffs her face with them.

Gura:" Oh man, these pancakes are abysmal Ame!"

Amelia:” Gura, for the last time, abysmal isn’t a good thing!”

Gura:” Aww but the word sounds so cool! Abysmal...”

Amelia:" Well I get what you’re trying to say I guess, so thanks!! I'm glad you both like them… Man, eating pancakes together with Gura and Kronii... This might be the weirdest thing I've done so far…"

Upon hearing her say that, Kronii gets a smug look on her face.

Kronii:" I can think of something weirder..."

Amelia:" You mean that time I jumped through Ina's window even though her door was right next to it?"

Gura:" I still can’t believe you did that, but I guess it’s not too surprising… Honestly, I’m more surprised that Kronii saved you that day.” 

Kronii chokes on her pancake, then clears her throat before responding.

Kronii:” W-Well of course! If anyone is gonna kill Watson, it’s gonna be me! Besides, that wasn’t the weird moment I was talking about.”

Amelia:" Oh, what is it then?"

Kronii:" Oh you know that time when I caught you..." 

Kronii stops talking mid sentence, shifts her eyes at Gura and then back at Amelia. Amelia realizes what she's talking about and instantly starts blushing.

Amelia:" AAAAHH NO DON'T SAY IT!!"

Kronii:" I’m not saying anything." she says with a smug look on her face.

Confused Gura keeps moving her head left and right, looking at the blushing Amelia and the smug Kronii.

Gura:" What, why did she look at me like that? I-Is it something about me!?

Amelia:" No no, uhhhh Kronii's eyes just do that sometimes! She has like, tics or something! Right Kronii?"

Kronii:" Sure."

Gura:" Weird, this is the first time I've seen her do that..."


Gura and Kronii finish their pancakes, while Amelia takes the last bite of her pancake, then Kronii decides to ask the question, which has been on her mind for a while. 

Kronii:" So uhhh, what's the deal with you two? Are you like, dating or something?"

Gura starts blushing like crazy, but Amelia chokes on her food and starts coughing. Gura pats her on the back, but then gets angry.

Gura:" Wow, did you hate the thought of that THAT much? Am I not good enough for you!?"

Amelia:" Okay, we are NOT having this conversation again!"

Gura:" Well, why did you react like that?

Amelia:" I was just caught off guard by the question, okay?” she says and turns her head towards Kronii
“ But no, Kronii, we are not dating. "

Gura quietly says “Yet”, but both Kronii and Amelia hear her and look at her, with Amelia having a blush on her face.

Gura:" Oh uhhh, d-did I say that out loud? I was just kidding haha! Obviously…" (M-maybe I shouldn't have said that...).

Kronii:" This is awkward…" she said quietly.

Amelia:(Man, this shark is gonna give me a heart attack!) " Uhhhh okay, I'm g-gonna go brush- I mean, wash the dishes!" 

She gets up and quickly picks up all the plates off the table, then starts washing them. Gura simply stares at her the entire time and despite her trying to hide it, she notices the blush on Amelia’s face and her tail starts slowly wagging.

Gura:(Heh, made her blush...) 

Kronii quickly looks back and forth at each of the two girls. 

Kronii:(Okay, Gura definitely has a thing for Amelia. But does Amelia feel the same? She's blushing pretty hard... I hope their feelings don't end up getting in the way of this battle...)

Amelia:" Alright, I'm done, I'll go to the bathroom for a bit now and then I'll tell you what I came up with."

Gura:" Oh right, I almost forgot..."

Amelia:" Don't forget what we have to do. We ate, had some laughs but now it's time we got serious. I'll be right back."

She takes off her apron, puts it on a chair and runs off to her bathroom.


Amelia looks at herself in the mirror, while still blushing slightly. 

Amelia:(Dammit Kronii, why did you have to ask that now? Now I can't stop thinking about... Stuff…) she splashes some water in her face. (Alright, snap out of it Amelia, this is serious!).

After a few minutes of thinking and mentally preparing herself, she exits the bathroom and as she's returning to the kitchen, she hears Gura and Kronii talking.

Gura:" So, they did all that just to torture Ame?"

Kronii:" That's my theory, at least."

Gura:" Weird, do they have some kind of grudge against her? Or are they just sadistic or something?"

Kronii:" No idea."

Amelia walks in the room, not amused by the conversation she overheard.

Gura:" Oh you're back!"

Amelia:" Looks like you and Kronii had something to talk about…" she says and sits next to her.

Kronii:" Oh yeah, she asked me about it."

Gura:" I remember you said Kronii convinced you it wasn't your fault so I got curious. I don't know what they have against you, but her theory makes sense. You really shouldn't blame yourself, Ame."

Amelia smiles, while holding back tears, then pats Gura’s head.

Amelia:" Yeah thanks, I’ll try not to... “ she stops patting Gura, takes a deep breath and then exhales.
“ Alright, you two ready to hear the plan I came up with? And no jokes, no messing around, we're going serious mode from now on!"

Gura:" Yeah, serious mode!"

Kronii:" Before you say anything, you two should put these on."

Kronii says and materializes two golden bracelets shaped like the infinity symbol in her hands. They both take one bracelet.

Amelia:" Oh cool, what do these do?"

Kronii:" They make you immune to my time stop. You know, so I don't have to touch you two every time I do it. Thought it would come in handy."

Gura:" Whoa awesome, this will definitely be useful! My sleeves are pretty long so I don't think the Ancient Ones will notice it." she says and puts it on her right hand.

Amelia:" Uh yes... Thanks... This will be useful..." 

She talked slowly, as if confused by Kronii’s words, then proceeded to put on the bracelet.

Kronii:" What's wrong, don't like bracelets or something?"

Amelia:" No, it's just that, I've never seemed affected by your time stop. Time just stops around me and then you appear."

Kronii:" Uhh y-yeah that's weird! Must be like a glitch or something!"

Amelia lets out a quick gasp before responding.

Amelia:" A glitch in the matrix!?"

Kronii:" Uhhhh yeah, that!"

Amelia:" Well, thanks anyways, not being affected by your time stop will make things easier, that's for sure. Will have to make some adjustments to my plan, but in a good way, things will be better this way."

Gura:" Come on, just tell us this plan already!"


Amelia tells them about everything she came up with, and after a lot of planning, Amelia is now looking for something in her bedroom, while Kronii and Gura are waiting for Amelia by the door. She looks under her bed, table, in drawers and she finally finds what she's looking for in one of the drawers.

Amelia:" Ah ha! Found it! My work phone! I'm gonna send a message to Kiara about everything. I can send a message while time is stopped right?"

Kronii:" Yes, but she'll only receive it after I resume time obviously."

Amelia:" That makes sense. Alright just wait now, don't say anything. I need to think..." she says and starts walking around in circles, while thinking of what to write.
(This will be difficult. Kiara and Calli won't be waking up for a while even after Kronii resumes time. So I will have to think ahead. Even beyond this plan...)

After only around 2 minutes, Gura gets tired from just standing next to the door.

Gura:" Alright, you do that and just wake me up when you're done." 

She quickly throws herself on Amelia’s bed and lays on its right side. 

Amelia:" Yeah sure, whatever."

Kronii:" Uhh yeah, I think I’m gonna do the same. " 

Kronii lays on the left side of the bed, and Gura instantly sits straight up angrily.

Gura:" Hey, what do you think you're doing?! Who said you can nap on Ame's bed?!"

Kronii says nothing and pretends to snore loudly. Amelia’s pacing around the room becomes faster and faster.

Gura:" Oh come on, I know you aren’t asleep already! You can't sleep here! Go on the floor or something!" 

Gura shakes Kronii by her shoulder, but she simply snores even louder than before. Amelia suddenly stops walking around her room, and looks at both of them with her eyebrows furrowed.

Amelia:" GRRR alright you two, knock it off! Can’t you tell that I'm trying to think here? Quit acting like children and be quiet!”

Kronii:" Hey, don’t yell at me, yell at her! I didn’t do anything!" she says and quickly sits straight up.

Amelia:" I’m yelling at both of you! You didn’t have to start snoring like that!” she says and then looks at Gura
" And you! Kronii saved your life, so if you ask me, she can do whatever she wants in my house. If I don't mind it, you shouldn't either!"

Gura:" Hey, she didn't save me, you did! But alright, if you say it’s fine, then she can nap here."

Kronii just lets out a sigh and lays back on the bed.

Amelia:" Sorry for yelling, but just stay quiet now. This is important."

Gura:" Okay, sorry for making you angry Ame..."

Amelia:" It's fine I guess. Not like I can stay mad at you for long, you’re too cute…."

Gura:" Hehehe."


Kronii and Gura take a nap on Amelia's bed as she continues walking in circles, thinking about everything. After about 20 minutes, she is finally done with everything and she sends her message to Kiara.

Amelia:" Whew alright, I hope everything goes the way I think it will. Now to wake these two up."

Gura(in her sleep): “ Nnghh Ame... N-not the tail... “ her tail twitches as she says that.

Amelia:" W-what kind of dream is she having?!" she says out loud looking all flustered.
"Oi, idiot number one and two! Wake up!!"

She shakes them both and Kronii quickly gets up, while Gura remains fast asleep

Kronii:" Oh d-did you finish your message or whatever?" she says while rubbing her eyes.

Amelia:" Yeah, I did. We'll leave as soon as I wake my shark up. Waking her up is always a pain, but I have a way of doing it."

Kronii gets up and does some stretches, then crosses her arms.

Kronii:" You got a magic word or something?" 

Amelia:" Not exactly. I kinda feel bad about this, but I don’t have a choice!”

Amelia gets behind Gura and gulps nervously, before grabbing and tightly squeezing her tail. She instantly juts up and Amelia quickly backs away.  

Gura:" AAAAHHH!! WH-WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" she says while slowly rubbing her tail.

Amelia:” Sorry, but that was the fastest way to wake you up! Come on, get off the bed now!”

Gura:” Grrrr! So mean!”

Gura gets off the bed and Amelia walks up to the left side of the bed, then lifts up the mattress, revealing dozens of weapons under it. Pistols and rifles placed onto the wood underneath the mattress, knives and metal bats taped onto the bottom of the mattress itself.  

Gura:" Umm, how many weapons do you have under your bed exactly?"

Amelia:" If you think this is a lot, don't look at my basement."

Gura:" I didn’t even know you had a basement…"

Kronii:" Sheesh, I'm surprised you don't have a rocket launcher or something too."

Amelia looks up at her with a smug look on her face.

Amelia:" What makes you think I don't?"

Kronii:" Right, the basement."

Amelia:" Bingo! Hmmm, I think I'll take this one!" 

Amelia quickly picks up an M9 pistol, puts it in her coat pocket, then puts the mattress back down.

Kronii:" Are you actually bringing a gun against this thing? Pretty sure it won't do anything, especially a small one like that."

Amelia:" What, it could come in handy! As a distraction or something!"

Kronii:" If you say so."

Amelia:" Alright, let's go. I'm gonna lock up my pets in the basement real quick, you just wait for me outside."

Amelia puts her pets into the basement, and leaves some food with them, then exits the house, where the two are waiting for her.


Gura:" You sure this plan is gonna work?"

Amelia:" Of course not, but it's the best I can think of! Unless you two got anything better." 

She says and crosses her arms while looking at them both.

Kronii:" I got nothing!"

Gura:" Uhhhh… On second thought, it’s a pretty good plan! "

Amelia:'' Alright then, I’m happy to hear that. Now let's stop wasting time and go save Ina!"

 

To Be Continued...


Note: This is the first half of Chapter 2, you can read the rest in Chapter 2, Part 2. The chapters used to be one but I have decided to split them into two because of its length. Sorry if this confused anyone, I just thought it would be for the best for future readers. Thanks.

14