Book 2 – Rise of The Dragon Prince (1)
31 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Plot: Intro to entire ship as it travels through the Ocean of Time and exits, running into a churning, rage of a sea. Focuses in on Percival as he manages to accomplish some minor magic feats under the help of Circe and the now stabilized magic atmosphere. Practice is interrupted when the banging that had been plaguing his attention is turned out to be Edna, who has taken to beating up Novus again to train.

 

Plot: Percival exits the cabin alongside Circe, and the group meets their cabin mates, who turn out to be Titania’s disciple, and the elven king’s disciple. The two briefly greet each other, but remain overall wary of becoming friends too fast. The two show an interest when Percival grumbles about his friend, Novus, making too much of a racket.

 

Plot: Arriving on the deck, Novus is greeted by Circe, Goibhniu, and Percival who gifts Novus with the armor that used the materials left from the Mountain Eagle King, Alto. The trio remark on the weather turning rough and run off. Novus is left with Edna to head back to her room for more training. The training entails her explaining the uses and limitations of Novus prism mana core (that by the end of the book he gains complete control over via creating sub cores in each of the main chakra’s points, which assists in the soul partners growth. Soul partner growth = Novus growth.) The training ends and two figures appear knocking at Edna’s doorway: Titania and the Elven King.

 

Plot: Edna greets the two royalties and sends Novus away to meet the nearby disciples of the two royalties. Various conspiracies are mentioned from the two, but not before an alarming presence washes its senses over the storm-ridden decks.

Meanwhile, Middle-aged Mercury is explaining things to Gula, and the other nearby seven sins, of the training he has been putting Adrianne through: a gruesome battle to the death where Adrianne seems to be excelling at. Trapped in a cage fight, Adrianne is seen unleashing a sword strike that causes the phantom of a lotus to exude from her and completely slay the golden beast before her. In her eyes, the burning purple flames burn brightly. The hidden shadow disciples remark that she may be ready soon, to which Mercury says he has already enacted plans to remove the biggest threat to Adrianne’s success in the tournament.

 

Plot: Arriving at the deck, Edna and Novus are shocked to see the crew and fellow cabin-mates fighting off tons of hidden shadow flying serpents as they emerge from the storm. Various players and NPCs make their way through the snakes and watch as their guarantees are battling against various Hidden Shadow drakes in the air. Novus makes a particularly memorable performance due to his restraining aura against the dragonkin. Novus ponders on the meaning behind lesser dragonkin attacking the ship as he sees lesser dragonkin for the first time in ages.

 

Plot: In a final ending to the interlude battle, the captain of the Galahad has a malfunction of the blast as it is sent towards the powerhouses fighting in the air and Edna must redirect it towards the enemy boss drake she is facing. Killing off the boss drake the various henchmen lose control and eventually wreck multiple ships in their suicidal wake. In a chaotic mishap, the blast sends The Galahad, and the ships it is supposed to be magically leading, into turmoil. The ship prepares to space jump and gathers as many survivors as it can.

 

Plot: The Galahad, and some of the many ships left behind, emerge from the space jump, eager but overall safe now. Having learned from the captain's now meek response in front of an enraged Edna that the ship now needs to recharge its divine energy at a large enough pantheon church, the vessel and its crew soon speed towards the human capital, Scutum. Edna is enraged, but secretly realizes that the ship must have been tampered with by an outside party to unleash a blast like that. On the side, Novus learns that Favur has eaten the souls of too many tainted Hidden Shadow victims and is now beginning to turn more violent as she worsens.

Meanwhile, it is seen that the previous attack managed to sink one of the non-major ships and an abandoned crew of Cain and others are left stranded on a small island.

 

Plot: The scene pans out to The Galahad cruising through the sky as it finally arrives at the human capital city of Scutum. There, we get an introduction to the massive size of the city and its inner workings and outer workings. Including a roar towards the powerhouses from the city's protector, The White Tiger. Like tourists in a bustling metropolis, most of the crew are amazed, while Novus is reminded by Edna not to cause any trouble while they are here. An accusation that Novus says he will try his best to prevent and remain low-key. Soon, the crew are set to recharging the ships, and the passengers are let out to roam the city.

 

Plot: Having been dragged along by Novus to the market, Percival is curious of many things as Novus browses the wares. Novus is seen haggling while Percival is interrupted by a whispering voice that lures him into the nearby alleyways and is shocked when he sees Richard whom he recognizes. Telling Richard once and for all that he doesn't wish to see him anymore, Percival leaves just in time to see Novus being thrown from a nearby store due to terrible haggling. However, Richard sees the extent that Percival follows Novus, he becomes emboldened to seek Percival through Novus.

 

Plot: The brief view of a familiar merchant sends Novus and a following Percival in a rush down the streets of Scutum as he eventually meets up with a friend from the past life, the old dwarven merchant who exchanged old elven wine for his prized Grand Sage Jewel Ring. Disappointed at his lack of prepared goods, the dwarven merchant is about to say farewell when Novus begins to spill secrets that would make the merchant rich. Enticed by the info, The merchant gives a few key items to Novus for the growth of his soul partners: To get Aeon through his first shedding, to enable Mino to grow, and information of a relic that may be the resolution to Favur’s invasive soul injuries. The group says farewell to the merchant as they head to a city transfer spell circle to begin hunting on the outskirts of the city in search for Favur’s relic.

 

Plot: On the outskirts of the city, Novus, and Percival hurry past the town guards and out into the surrounding forest in search of a hideout in Novus' memories that closely resembles the dwarven merchant’s info. Arriving at the hideout, they are shocked to see bandits have preoccupied the hideout but are just strong enough to bring a challenge to Novus and Percival. Challenging the bandit to a one-on-one battle, Percival is beaten black and blue while Novus takes out the remaining bandits higher in the tower. in a moment of triumph and luck, Percival manages to bring down the bandit chief to his knees and when the chief calls out for reinforcements, is slain instead by Percival.

 

Plot: Having looted the bandit hideout, Novus and Percival find a Guild Approval Form for the establishment of a guild in the adventurer's association. However, Novus explains his little need for such a thing, and he stashes it for later when he can sell it to the other players, because apparently its very valuable if Percival says so. The troupe delve deeper into the hideout to find a mysterious cave, that holds an artifact capable of purifying Favur. Novus proceeds to not only purify Favur, but use other herbal and treatments to increase Favur's strength. In an amazing set of lightworks and awe, Favur is cured of her soul taint status and now fully resistant to most further soul harm. Meanwhile, on a ledge overlooking one of the only peepholes into the hideout, a pair of ravens look on with interest as they speak to each other about finding 'him'.

 

Plot: The renewing scene of Favur being treated is ruined as a masked man appears and tries to kill both Percival and Novus. The assailant is easily disarmed as his mask is torn off and reveals the identity of the human crown prince. After a minor beating and healing process, the crown prince explains that he wishes to show to his father how capable he was and went to kill the nearest bandit chief to show how capable of a son he could be. understanding the prince's plight, Percival is astounded as Novus shares good advice and empathy for the prince. In his helpful revelry, Novus (but really Percival pushing his bounds) agrees to sneaking the prince back into the palace.

 

Plot: The scene begins with guards being drawn to sleep with the help of Favur's power and before long, the group arrives at the final door as Novus is about to successfully reverse kidnap the crown prince. However, an awaiting Guard lieutenant in the crown princes room brings Novus, Percival and the crown prince to the Guard Captain and king who are greeting the appearance of the many powerhouses from The Galahad. Intimidated by the scary stare of Edna and the cute laugh of Circe, Novus shrinks back but is eventually forced to retell the events. However, before Novus can finish, the crown prince takes the blame and tries to rescue Novus and Percival. Like an idiot. Which Circe chuckles about.

 

Plot: Being sent alongside the crown prince outside the room, Novus uses his skills to garner some of the information being discussed inside the room before the guards come to separate the crown prince and force Novus and Percival outside into the city again. Novus and Percival are interrupted yet again by a mysterious stranger that blocks Novus and Percival form advancing towards the inn. Meanwhile, a fog covers the stranded island that is inhabited by Cain and crew and welcome the arrival of the god of death's leader in the human world, the flying dutchman, Pride. Who has arrived due to sensing Cain’s death god artefact.

 

Plot: Fearful of Richard following him yet again and potentially revealing something, Percival attempts to slay the cloaked figure but is stopped by Novus recognizing the skills. The figure reveals his hood to be that of the elven king's disciple and from behind, Titania's disciple also reveals herself. In the end, the group decides that in exchange for helping each other out in the tournament, that they won't go against each other. After a decisive meeting, the group heads to the rented inn that all The Galahad crew are staying and eventually, it is let slip that Novus has gotten a guild approval certificate (via. Percival). The group hushes as the atmosphere turns tense, before Percival hurriedly tries to clear up the blunder with another lie about how they have already used the paper to create a guild. Finally, after being forcefully silenced by Novus, he is bombarded by requests to join his guild and quickly flees to the outside to escape.

 

Plot: Novus manages to hide his tracks as he rests above on the high roof of the inn. In front of him, Novus is seen drinking away his troubles as he lets himself slip into drunken stupor. In his drunken stupor, he believes to hear the voice of Adrianne telling him he should enact the guild and finally accept people into his life that he can trust. Novus doesn't realize it until he feels a hand brush against his shoulder in care and hurriedly sobers himself enough to see a feminine masked figure disappearing before him that looks exactly like Adrianne. Novus quickly relinquishes the drinks effects as he brazenly searches around the building, but only invites players to get in his way.

 

Plot: Upon dawn, Percival searches for a meditating Novus on the rooftop before he is eventually dragged out to the adventurer's association to register their guild. A small stream of players follows behind Novus as he tells the truth that he is only accepting applicants after formally registering the guild and that they must pass through a shocked Percival in one-on-one combat before they can be in the guild. As a frightened Percival quickly runs away from the menacing group of players, Novus adds the elven king disciple and Titania's disciple to the guild with lingering regrets and soon the entire crew finds themselves aboard the Galahad once more as they head to Sword Saint Mountain.

Novus quote: "You got me into this whole mess, now you’re going to take responsibility for your mouth with your shield."

 

Plot: Novus is seen exploring the guild system as Percival's battle cries sound out on the deck in the distance. The guild system is fully explained as Novus is greeted by another player who sits right next to him. Introducing himself as Novus' number one fan, the fan player expresses his wish to help Novus with his new guild. Sceptical, Novus enlists the fan player as a temporary member and that he must help Novus run the guild first by finding capable advisors and management so that he doesn’t have to do anything. The annoying fan member, which is Richard, leaves to do his job to the very best he can.

 

  • Interlude time should you choose

 

Plot: Novus finds himself training once more. after a short period of self-checkup, Novus hears the calls of many players towards the deck and arrives to see the grand sight of sword saint mountain. The ship finally docks and is amid a crazy crowd of excited players, powerhouses and more as the tournament was only waiting for the late Galahad. Upon arrival the opening ceremony is quickly launched, and a series of festivities are celebrated with everyone, including a welcoming speech from the Grand Pantheon Priest, Xavier that invites everyone to head into the beautiful fall-type town of Fleur.

1