Book 2 – Rise of The Dragon Prince (2)
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Plot: The series of events draw Novus to various parts of the town under the lead of various characters like Circe and Edna and Titania's disciple etc. Finally, as he regains peace near the end through a casual stroll in the festivity gardens, Novus catches a glimpse of Adrianne and chases after her. At the very end of his chase, a note is left on a garden bench which Novus is about to pick up before a pair of ravens warns Novus against touching it. Novus recognizes the ravens and asks why the Sword Saint is not here in person and the ravens simply being to speak to Novus in riddles.

 

Plot: The ravens lend Novus one of each of their feathers and says to use one of them on the letter. When used, the letter lets out a malevolent curse that Novus was unable to perceive and finally reads the note from Adrianne. However, the note is also in riddles and Novus grows frustrated. In a rage, Novus storms off from the garden bench; having burned the letter before he left, the ravens remark to themselves before flying off in Novus' direction. Meanwhile, Novus heads back to The Galahad to recuperate and meets the famed Hercules. The two launch only a single attack against each other and Hercules says he looks forward to the tournament. Novus remarks on Hercules' wonderful straightforwardness.

 

Plot: Awakening at the time before dawn, Novus finds a sulking Percival who says that he is getting cold feet before the tournament and Novus decides to tell him about Adrianne. Shocked, Percival finds the will to continue and the duo hurry to the base of the mountain where the beginning of the tournament will begin. There, the team directly find the Elven King Disciple and Titania's Disciple before an announcer character explains the rules of the tournament preliminaries. (Multiple routes, must be at Sword Saint Temple by sunrise, bonus items that will give you an edge in the rest of the tournament. Revival allowed, but only at base of mountain.) At the signalling light of dawn, the entire base of the mountain explodes into action as various locations let the disciples climb up the mountain.

 

Plot: Novus' party quickly climbs the mountain having chosen to go through the caves due to everyone’s various abilities. Snaking through the cave system, the party displays their excellent coordination as they plow through the mountain monsters and climb rapidly cave passage after cave passage; even through other players and soon enough, they get to a split passageway, one faster but more dangerous, which the party chooses to take. There, the party arrives to hear the screech of a powerful harpy matriarch that possesses one of the special items that would enable a lead in the tournament.

 

Plot: Battling against an airborne foe, the elven king's disciple and Novus end up the main damage dealer while Percival tanks the harpy's blows and Titania's disciple provides support. After a grueling battle, the team is almost able to kill the harpy when another player group arrives and tries to kill-steal the harpy matriarch, thus forcing Novus to deal with them all alone. After killing all that gets in his way, the group takes the item and gives it to the Elven King's Disciple to protect and proceeds up the remainder of the cave system. When the group is just about to arrive before the Sword Saint Temple, Hercules blocks the groups path and demands a duel between himself and Novus without the system.

 

Plot: Novus gets the rest of the group to proceed without him as the two begin their battle without any further delay. The intense battle shakes the mountain side as Hercules raw strength and wit proves to be effective against Novus while Novus' strong magic and soul pet abilities prove difficult for Hercules to neglect. The battle continues for a while before Hercules manages to gain a new skill in the nick of time and kills Novus with a decisive strength that collapses the cave system behind Novus. Hercules final words to Novus makes Novus feel like he is the side character that enabled the main character's growth.

 

Plot: Novus revives at the bottom of the mountain again and must now use his second option of flying up the mountain to manage to make it to the top. However, time is running out as the first lights of dawn are beginning to show in the sky. However, Novus' path isn't easily trodden as he encounters the body of the mountain protecting serpent which blocks outside perception. The serpent gifts Novus' snake with a blessing and gives Novus a relic just like the harpy matriarch as it empowers Novus up the mountain. As the serpent watches Novus disappear past its head, the two ravens appear and remark to the snake about Novus having the potential.

 

Plot: Novus races up the mountain while channeling all that he has (and all the serpent protectors gave) into his wings and to the many climbing players, it seems like a dragon is whooshing up the mountain side towards the top. However, his presence angers the many flying animals of the mountain as he travels upwards and a flood of creatures behind him is seen as he travels up the mountain. Eventually, the first glowing traces of light are seen on the skyline and above in the temple, the sword saint is seen waiting with Xavier as they count down the timing. Percival and crew are nervous after learning of the battle from Hercules and cheer with excitement and are stooped as they see Novus with a crowd of monster behind him. They root for him as they see him narrowly fly past the temple arch way just as a barrier envelope the entire temple against the flood of monsters. All the monsters are killed with a swipe of the Sword Saint's hand, and he welcomes and congratulates all the proceeding tournament participants.

 

Plot: Having survived the climb up the mountain, Novus is seen resting from overuse of his core as he marvels at the sword intent in the temple. Receiving a message from Edna through the sword saint's prime disciple, Neipas, Novus walks out of the spare temple rooms and heads towards hers. Arriving at the room, Novus bows in an act towards the visiting Xavier and Sword Saint who is visiting Edna and explaining their knowledge of where Gaius is. At the end, Novus explains what he knows and is welcomed by the Sword Saint and his two arriving Ravens to his personal courtyard alongside Neipas. Novus accepts as he arrives at the courtyard with two swords. One a large black broadsword and one with a slender white sword. The sword Saint beckons Novus to try and pick up one of them and is astonished when Novus recognizes the swords. The Sword Saint explains their origins and Novus is amazed by the continuation of the story he previously learned of.

 

Plot: At the end of the story, the sword saint asks Novus to try and communicate with either of the swords by picking them up and trying to wield them. Novus puts his hand on not just one, but both as he closes his eyes and is floated to the familiar consciousness space as when he accepts a soul pet. Confused, but still willing to acknowledge the swords' questions, Novus unintentionally receives them as his Soul Partners. Awakening in a daze to a baffled pair of Ravens and Sword Saint, Novus apologizes for taking what wasn't his but won't relent on giving them back. The sword saint explains that he was more of a protector than a collector and tells Novus and Neipas to please leave the private courtyard. Novus hears the brief thundering of sword intent behind him as he slowly leaves the courtyard and returns to his room to test his new soul partners under the still-stupid look of Neipas.

 

Plot: Novus is greeted by a confused Xavier who is headed towards the Sword Saint's courtyard after getting a surprise message from his old friend and meets Novus along the way. Spotting the sword tattoos along Novus' neck, Xavier puts two and two together and congratulates Novus on his undeniable luck as he rushes to console his old friend on the loss of his most prized possessions. Novus is left in a daze as he watches the old man Xavier rush away the next moment and Novus finally leaves. Meanwhile, the scene cuts to the old man Sword Saint with a courtyard full of cuts centered around him and the courtyard door slowly opens to reveal Xavier. Seeing his oldest friend, the sword saint finally displays his nostalgia at finding the swords as a 'young man' and watching them being taken away by someone so easily. Xavier comforts the Sword Saint, and the sword saint is finally soothed with the ringing of his own prized sword which he swings in the courtyard with nostalgia. The scene ends with Xavier and the sword saint both saying they wished they had prepared more for this day.

 

Plot: By the time Novus has returned to his own room, it is night and finally test out the appearance of the two swords and spends the rest of the night training to handle the swords with Neipas who wants to see the two swords in action. Time skip to later the next day and an exhausted Novus is dragged out by Edna towards the Grand Temple Courtyard where all the remaining tournament contestants must be sent to the Sword Saint's private realm to undergo the finals of the tournament. The Sword Saint explains the objective to find a special item of power in that realm that is easily tracked using a compass artifact that he gives a copy of to each contestant. Whomever finds the artifact and can bring it back to the portal at a specified point, will win the tournament. The compass also functions as a battle coordinator to reveal a ranking system at the end for additional rewards. With a magical wave of his hand, the only ring on the sword saint's hand glows and lifts off his finger as it opens the portal and sends the contestants all to the battle island after each powerhouse gives their disciple a returning-teleporting item just in case.

 

Plot: Novus experiences travelling through space as he is whisked away from the top of Sword Saint Mountain and put on an island with crackling thunder and occasional strikes of lightning all around. Upon arriving on the island, Novus is attacked by the surrounding tribal beasts and tribal clans that are reminiscent of Vikings, but with Aztec accents to their tribal characteristics. Novus manages to defeat the tribe’s strongest warrior in combat which intimidates the others as he eventually manages to calm down the tribe through the revelation of the relic from the serpent protector. in marvel of the relic, the tribe explains the importance of the relics and that each fragment can open the islands greatest secret. Meanwhile, undercurrents are stirring as Adrianne is seen killing off the other contestants or causing them to flee and trying to gain the rest of the fragments to enter the island sanctum. Adrianne is seen riding a black lightning beast that wishes to kill.

 

Plot: in the beginning, numerous powerhouses are seen angry by the killing of their disciples, and it takes both Xavier and the Sword Saint to calm the rage over a toast to the new generation. Novus manages to find the elven king's disciple and titania's disciple through another tribe contacting the partner tribe for assistance. The incomplete party begin to head towards the inner sanctum while an unlucky Percival manages to run into Adrianne who holds Percival instead of killing him in a twist of fate. Arriving at the sanctum, Novus and crew battle with the other key holders and manage to snatch them all before a pursuing Hercules can manage to kill them all. However, all is not as it seems as Adrianne and a bound Percival manages to open an alternate route and let Hercules in as an adversary to Novus. Meanwhile, in a swim of glory that requires Novus to give everyone water breathing magic, Novus and crew are shot out of a waterfall full force into a pool of water below in a lush forest beneath the island. As the crew falls and Novus saves them all, he notices a blinding bolt of lightning hit the roof of the space and an aggressive growling in response from farther out in the space.

 

Plot: The powerhouses are seen holding a feast as they watch the disciples finally begin their battle to obtain the final objective of the tournament. As Xavier and the Sword Saint are mingling, both advisors come running to tell the two that there’s been a murder of the guarding disciples. As if on cue, the servers haul out a fragrant smelling dish that causes the spiritual energy of the room to go crazy and upon a lift of the lid, they see one of the powerhouse’s bodies crazily cooked before oozing out a dark liquid that attacks the entire room of powerhouses. A crazy laugh is heard as the advisors closest to the Sword Saint and Xavier try to kill them but are deflected back. However, more powerhouses in the room reveal themselves to be hidden shadow disciples as they battle to kill and make a spectacle in the throne room. The battle turns fierce as the grand pantheon priest Xavier and the Sword Saint show exactly how fierce they are. Meanwhile, the stronger hidden shadow disciples are finally revealed apart from Pride who is getting the shield intent to cancel out the sword intent and Mercury who is going to steal the life essence trapped in the temple’s inner areas against the colossal guarding snake.

 

Plot: Having followed the blast of lightning at the end of the inner sanctum, Novus and crew meet the angered appearance of the horned ape, Kong, who is attempting to control the origin key of power, Zeus’ Lightning Bolt. In a defensive fight, Novus eventually manages to convince Kong that he can help by using his chains to seal the key and help Kong wield the key. Novus does manage to seal the key, but not before Adrianne and Hercules show up to try and take it from him. Neipas is reluctant to fight and attempts to flee with Novus using their life-escaping talisman but is astonished when Adrianne explains that it won’t work if his master is dead (via. Being slain by Hidden Shadow). In a rage, Neipas goes berserk and engages in a battle with Adrianne and Novus must fight against Hercules. Meanwhile, Adrianne’s black lightning beast engages in a fierce melee with the horned ape.

 

Plot: The narrative shifts twice, once with Percival struggling to help as he watches the battle ensue and once again as Novus tries to win against an empowered Hercules. All sorts of abilities go flying as a similar battle to the mountain battle between the two except Novus is gradually sharpening his sword play that begins to overpower Hercules. Eventually, the origin key of power enables Novus to unleash a strike that completely shatters Hercules ultimate attack.

 

Plot: Meanwhile, Neipas is also showing signs of overpowering Adrianne and when the two briefly stop the battle in response to Novus’ grand slam attack, Neipas ends up getting the upper hand and wishes to kill Adrianne right then and there. Adrianne ends up escaping as Novus helps the horned ape kill off the black lightning mount of Adrianne’s and shouts at Neipas to let her go (with a final message to Percival and Adrianne with a double meaning of ‘I’m still alive’ and ‘I’ll come rescue you’). Adrianne brings Percival to the temple once more where the HS Disciples have been embroiled in a fierce battle against the remaining powerhouses. Everything is turned upside down when Greed brings out the demoralizing dead body of the Sword Saint and tells the disciples to flee since they have what they need. However, the powerhouses make one final stand that enables Percival to be let go from Adrianne’s hands and forces the weather at the top of the mountain to rain.

 

Plot: A grieving Neipas and Novus have a fierce conflict as Novus tries to calm Neipas down. It isn’t until the two ravens appear with two bags of holding that the two finally begin to mourn as they read through the final notes left to them from the Sword Saint. At the temple, The Powerhouses prepare to escort their disciples back to their homes to train for the upcoming battle against the HS once more. A crazed Edna is seen reciting Novus’ phrase over and over as Percival keeps telling her what the phrase means but won’t accept it. She grows frustrated at the phrase and finally tries to forcefully recall Novus through the item he left her but is stunned when the item breaks in her hand. Edna is saddened by the loss of her disciple, but soon resolves herself to doing what she can do best: finding Gaius. Meanwhile, Percival remembers Novus’ words and contacts the fan from The Galahad trip that he wishes to help build the guild.

 

Plot: This series of interludes introduces various perspectives of important characters. Cain is seen at the helm of a rotting ship with a ghost fleet sailing behind him and remarks on how the change of tides is beginning to narrow his course; almost like destiny is at work. Hercules is seen in the dwarven settlement and is in a frenzy as he tears apart beast after beast in the dwarven gladiatorial arenas. In the stands above, the dwarven king talks to himself of how wonderfully aggressive his disciple is becoming before hurriedly fixing his look as the other dwarven king comes with his own disciple. Finally, Adrianne is seen being dragged before the throne room altar with the Sword Saint’s sword in hand as the HS Disciples give the life essence trapped in sword intent to the man behind the throne. At this moment, a gallant knight in golden armor like the man on the throne rides into the hall on a deathly steed that billows fog and tosses an ancient shield to the man on the throne as he dismounts and kneels while calling the throne figure father. Adrianne watches in disgust as the sword intent is shed with the connection of shield intent breaking it away and leaving the life essence to drip and recede into the coffin higher above the throne. A purple life shines but isn’t enough to awaken whatever is in the coffin.

 

Plot: Novus is seen rereading the letter as he sets up a magic circle on the island with the ingredients left in the bag of holding and soon after, manages to expand his vessel enough to class up, fully wield his two swords and accept the nearby horned ape as his fifth soul Partner. Meanwhile, Neipas is seen building a seafaring vessel along the shore of the beach as Novus finishes off the rest of his letter which is ended with the words ‘I hope you like sailing!’

1