50 – Deva
4.4k 15 59
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Vedora Planet. Because Fraxinus Online is a MMORPG the term DLC (downloadable content) doesn't exist, but for the player base, the moment this planet was implemented, it was treated as a DLC. It takes a separate story with its own plot. It's very futuristic, similar to a MegaMan city mixed with concert arenas.

 

For instance, it tries going in a more scientific direction explaining the power of a player. Players have superhuman powers including flight, the use of powerful energy weapons, and manipulation of the elements like fire, water, and electricity. The galaxy is at peace thanks to the efforts of a world-spanning corporation known as the Axium Group. However, as players complete missions here, it's revealed that the Axium Group is, in reality, controlling and experimenting on people. 

 

Eventually, players will accept a mission to infiltrate their main corporation building. You see, this planet had a secret. Devas. A Deva is an entity that resembles a fairy and about the same size as a 0.5L water bottle. Many famous voice actors were hired and many original songs were created. 

 

The reason for this was once all the story was cleared, the Devas would grant players a unique and powerful buff. Used mostly by solo players, it is without a doubt the most powerful buff you can have but is exclusive to solo play.  

 

Anyway you were told that a Deva was behind all the atrocities, so players are sent to kill it. A Deva named Lily. Players are told that Lily has the ability to resonate with and control any player through her singing, and is considered dangerous. However, players discover that Lily is a captive of Axium's scientists. She's forced to obey them via machines, so the players will free her and eventually destroy the Axium Group.

 

That was the original intent. But Vedora Planet was taking a direction for the worst.

 

------

 

"Why… I put my faith in you… why are you doing this?" 

 

A small Deva with lime green hair, butterfly wings and a simple dress was floating around, and was about to burst into tears.

 

"Don't act like you're so innocent. I have kept my word, haven't I?" (???)

 

The voice of a man that was looking down from the balcony of the skyscraper was heard.

 

"I killed the leader of the Axium Group because, as you said, their way of doing things was wrong. However, my intent was never shutting the organization for good. You assumed that on your own.

 

My goal was always to take over it."

 

"Why?"

 

"Why, you ask? Does such a question even have any meaning? For power. The strongest Deva Lily is under my control, and because of that, the planet is under my control. I am free now to shape it as I please. Because of Lily's powers I am basically a God."

 

"But you're making her suffer! And not just her! The population trusted you, but at this point… you're not that much different from Axium!"

 

"Don't lump me together with them. They tortured people. In exchange for Lily's powers, I am offering this world order. Nobody will suffer. Hunger, war, not having a roof under your head, all that will go away in exchange for…"

 

"Freedom. You're literally taking people's freedom!"

 

"A small price to pay, I'd say. It's freedom that causes the birth of people like the Axium Group. If not kept in check, it will give rise to monsters. Someone has to do something about it."

 

"I… I can't accept that outcome…"

 

"Sola… in that case, our partnership ends here."

 

The mysterious man clad in a black mecha suit pulled out a pistol and fired a powerful blast towards the Deva.

“Aaaa~”

A lovely voice like none other echoed. It would charm even the darkest heart. Hearing a single tone would move anyone. The Deva Sola let out her song in order to intercept the blast. However Devas are not fit for combat. They can’t fight at all, and even when joining the player, they only do so in holographic form. Their only strength was their song that buffed the player. However Sola used that power to intercept the blast.

“Tsk. Got away, huh?”

 

During the clash of the 2 attacks a large smokescreen was deployed. When it cleared, Sola was nowhere to be seen. The mysterious man holstered his gun and once again took a look towards the city from the balcony.

“I know perfectly what I am doing. If I’m forced to live in this world, I’ll do it my way.”

After a few more moments someone wearing fancy armor that resembled a medieval knight showed up on the balcony. He immediately kneeled before the black-suit man.

 

"Are you alright, my lord?"

 

"Yes. Silvius. Starting today, Sola is to be considered an enemy. She'll most likely try to flee the planet."

 

"Eeh!? But you and lady Sola have been so close for so long…"

 

"Silvius, don't dare question my words."

 

"Pardon me. If you say she is an enemy, then that's what she is? Shall we hunt her down?"

 

"There's no need. As a courtesy for our partnership, I will allow her to leave. But if she ever shows her face again…"

 

"Death, is it?"

 

"Correct. But she's just a minor NPC at the end of the day. She probably won't survive on her own even if she leaves the planet."

 

"Excuse me, but what is an en-pee-see?"

 

"Don't concern yourself with that. Rather, she can go in only one direction. North-West from this planet. Any other direction would 100% guarantee that any ship she takes will be shot down."

 

"Indeed. And there is nothing North-West. It's the unexplored part of the universe. It's said that there is a planet there that the Vanderbach Federation owned, but rumors said that it's self ruled now. I believe it's called Eleanor."

 

For a moment the black-suit man pondered but the word Eleanor did not ring any bells for him.

 

"In any case, Sola is in the past. I am going to spend some time with Lily. Nobody is to disturb me. Enforce my laws. Everyone has orders."

 

"Understood."

 

With those words, the mysterious man took his leave from the balcony, unaware that he pushed a Deva in the hands of someone as dangerous as himself.

 

And so, we reach the end of our journey. At least for now. I tried my best making a sci fi story. Although I admit it's not star wars or gundam mecha level. Inspiration as always was taken, and references were made, but I found out that most people actually like these. Thank you all for following my work and Kizuna's journey. Until next time. Waxford logging out.

59