C4 – Father
2.2k 10 72
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

BANG BANG BANG

The whole family was spending their time in the living room until they heard a banging coming from the front door.

“Hmm? Who might it be?”[Ellena]

Ellena stood up with a surprised look and approached the door carefully with a knitting needle in right hand. She opened the door and there stood an unknown man.

“Derik! You came back?”[Ellena]

Ellena shouted surprised. She dropped the needle unintentionally to the ground.

“Haha, Ellena I got a mission in this area and here I am. You must be happy, of course you are hahah”[Derik]

Derik entered the house. He looked like a typical slick blonde piece of shit. His face was very punchable.

‘How? How did this trash get mother?’. Davron felt disgusted seeing Derik with his mother.

Derik wore a dirty leather armor. On his right side was a holstered rusty sword. ‘Yeah right.. a hero. A hero who lets his family live in this shabby, while he does god knows what outside.’ thought Davron.

“Faaather!”[Flora]

Flora ran crying to Derik. Derik looked at her, pondering. He didn’t show it, but he forgot about her existence.

“Fona you got big!”[Derik]

“Derik, her name is Flora”[Ellena]

Flora looked heartbroken, her expression told him she was about to cry. Davron ran to Flora to hug her.

“Flora everything is alright, I’m here”[Ellena]

Ellena glanced at her children sadly. She felt guilty about them having to experience it.

“Oh, and who is this?”[Derik]

Derik noticed Davron only now. He was indiffernt to Davron and just asked out of courtesy.

“This is your son, Davron. Davron, greet your father.”[Ellena]

“No, he is not my father.”[Davron]

Davron said it with a cold undertone. Ellena was surprised, witnessing his coldness.

“Da..Davron!”[Ellena]

“No.”[Davron]

Derik seemed nonchalant. He grab something out of his left pocket.

“Haha who cares. Here, catch Darling”[Derik]

Derik threw a bag to Ellena. She caught it immediately. The insides sounded metallic, which reminded of coins.

“Am I not a good husband? Working hard for you. You know.. I missed your body”[Derik]

Davron was boiling with anger. ‘I hate him. Hate! Hate! Hate!’. His little fists were trembling violently. ‘Why can’t he be a good father? Why does he treat us like air?’

“Oh.. okay, Darling”[Ellena]

‘Huh? Wait a minute..!’. Davron thought that he misheard the sentence.

Ellena felt ashamed. She looked at her son apologetically. Derik was still her husband and the father of her sweet children.

“Davron, you need to sleep with your sister tonight. Mommy has grown-up talk with daddy.”[Ellena]

“Mama, I don’t want to!”[Davron]

“Haha, David you need to be a big boy now.”[Derik]

‘Die’

It was already night.

Flora and Davron were lying on Flora’s bed in complete silence. Flora was blaming herself in her mind. A tear ran down her face.

Davron couldn’t see her tear, but he still knew, that Flora was depressed.

“.. Litter Brother”[Flora]

“Hmm?”[Davron]

“Does father hate me?.. He even forgot my name..”[Flora]

‘No, don’t think it was your fault. How can I tell her that he’s just an asshole?’. This situation was new for Davron. He never had consoled a sibling before.

“Flora”[Davron]

Davron faced Flora and then he hugged his big sister.

“No, he must be tired after his fight with dragons! I bet he is more tired than you after helping with mother’s housework”[Davron]

Davron knew that it wasn’t time to speak his mind about Derik.

“Do.. do you really think so?”[Flora]

Flora moved in Derik’s arms cutely. She thought, that Davron was right. It must be the evil dragon’s fault!

“Of course, how can he ever forget the name of the best big sister in the world!? Impossible!”[Davron]

She lost her bad thoughts, after hearing Davron, and fell asleep peacefully.

On the next day, Derik was already gone. He didn’t even wait for Ellena to wake up.

Ellena started to behave weird, few weeks after the whole Derik story. She was getting more fatigued and often showed a pondering expression.

“Davron, Flora, I need to tell so something great!”[Ellena]

One day, she wanted to speak to the siblings about something.

“Yes, Mommy”[Flora]

Davron head already an inkling of what she was going to talk about. He wasn’t a child, he knew what her symptoms could mean after Derik’s visit.

“Davron, is everything alright? You look pale”[Ellena]

“Everything is alright, mother”[Davron]

“Oh, okay..”[Ellena]

Ellena noticed her son’s cold demeanor and had a sad expression for a moment, which disappeared immediately.

“So.. I want to surprise you! Both of you will soon have a little sibling!”[Ellena]

“Woooow, a little sibling”[Flora]

Flora’s eyes were sparkling. Meanwhile, Davron was being silent.

“..Davron, are you not happy?”[Ellena]

“I’m also happy.”[Davron]

Davron tried to smile. ‘I’m such an asshole. I should be happy for mother and instead I’m sulking. She is not at fault for Derik being such a scumbag.’

 

Edited: Changed to third person. Minor details changed.

72