24. Ties that Bind [Volume 1 END]
1.2k 8 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Back at the Nraka~

The immensely powerful Titans stood amongst the rubble of Nraka, their forms like towering monuments of destruction. Nothing living remained, even the powerful devils beneath the surface had been quickly taken care of by Atul's four powerful fists.

In the center of the continent, a final golden vortex appeared. A crystal titan slowly walked out from the swirling golden portal. Slender in form with glittering skin and reflective quartz hair it was Eos! Titaness of power, crystals and Qi. Strongest of all her kin.

"The Allmother demands.. and I obey.." Eos raised her hands, her body began to vibrate and her crystals resonated like heavenly chime. All the power in the universe seemed to be condensing into her hands, the very fabric of reality bending under her might.

With hands glowing a misty grey, she struck down with all her might. Her gigantic hands buried deep into the earth causing all of Nraka to shake, it's surface jumping up and down violently.

Roaring gales picked up turning into giant hurricanes which cut rock like paper, lightning struck from above leaving enormous electrified craters, volcanoes erupted spewing magma and ash into the air and the earth itself began to buckle and split. The apocalyptic events happening in succession didn't bother the surrounding titans as they stood still, waiting.

Finally with a wrenching thunderous boom, Nraka split apart into several parts that drifted alone into the void of space like broken remnants of a glorious era.

Eos and the rest of the titans hovered above the destroyed remains of Nraka, like puppets that had completed their mission they all waited silently.

A heavenly voice echoed throughout the void. "Good job my creations, now go."

After receiving the command, the Titans returned through the golden vortex one by one until none were left.

"My little worker bees are quite efficient no?" Ariel chuckled as she walked along the edge of the small island on which the black palace was built upon.

Dong Mu looked soulless as he laid unresponsive on the ground, his eyes dim and his face dyed red with dried blood.

With no reply given, Ariel scoffed. Raising her hand, she snapped her fingers.

Just beyond the black palace, a large statue similar in size to the titans appeared. In it's palms, there rested a large ominous looking cube. It's surface was sleek and metallic, otherwise marred by the faces of countless devils distorted in unimaginable pain which moved along it's walls in aimless directions.

The souls of all the dead devils was used to forge this amalgamation of torture and there would never be peace for them as the suffered under the cube's horrendous designs.

Ariel walked over to Dong Mu and picked him up by the neck like one would a chicken. She walked across the void towards the cube with Dong Mu's wife, sister and child hovering closely behind them. Their screams of pain had long been muted by Ariel as they had begun to grate on her ears.

As they reached the walls of the cube, the wails from the souls trapped in it's walls reached their ears giving them unpleasantly cold feeling, though Ariel hardly noticed.

"Open." Ariel said with glee sparkling in her golden eyes. Before their eyes, the wall warped and formed a gaping mouth with a full set of jagged metallic teeth, inside lay a tangible inky darkness which writhed and squirmed.

"Welcome to your new home dust! There are many wondrous things for you to discover and experience inside, and I mean every singly one of you.." Ariel winked mysteriously at Dong Mu who was struggling for breath as he futilely scratched at her hand.

Dong Mu didn't seem to comprehend her words, his mind was a complete mess as he had already bordered the edge of madness. Only his primal instinct to survive seemed to remain.

"Well.. you'll come to understand what I mean eventually." Ariel turned her head and observed the cube as if looking at a piece of fine artwork.

"Of course the rent is cheap as only your suffering is required for payment.. hahaha!" Ariel giggled, she took one more look at Dong Mu before throwing him into the cube's mouth along with his family.

"Ahhh!!"

Dong Mu screamed as the inky darkness formed tendrils that wrapped around him and his family's bodies dragging them deeper into the abyssal chasm of a mouth.

*Snap!*

The mouth closed shut and quickly disappeared along with Dong Mu. The cube wall regained it's former haunting appearance as the souls of those damned to endure eternal pain returned, their agony stricken faces warped and moved along the cube's shiny surface.

Clapping her hands as if she had touched something incomparably filthy, Ariel yawned as she flicked her finger tearing open a portal.

"Xiaoman, take over. I need a long nap." Ariel spoke as her eyes dimmed. Up above the darkness receded as the immeasurably huge Jade statue began to fade away into the void like a ghostly mirage. The surrounding darkness was once again brightened with countless tiny stars.

The incarnation's eyes lit up again as it's mouth replied. "Yes Mistress, thank you for the timely help."

Rong Xiaoman blinked her eyes as she inspected the surroundings. She found the black palace quite familiar but it was strangely detached from any form of significant landscape at all. Only the small amount of ground it was built upon remained.

In the distance, she could see the massive statue of Ariel holding the cube. Although the statue was beautiful, the cube completely ruined it's majestic presence. The terrifying aura that permeated it left Rong Xiaoman shivering in fear.

'I can hear screaming coming from that cube..I should stay away from it' Deciding to ignore it, she looked around a bit more as her curiosity had been peaked.

'Where did everything go?' Rong Xiaoman thought as she walked to the edge of the island. Reaching the end and looking down with a interested gaze, she gasped loudly when she saw the shattered remains of Nraka.

She shuddered as she muttered. "Mistress really didn't hold back." With her hand on her chest, she sighed as a tinge of guilt rose in her heart. "Maybe I should have tried a little harder to escape... "

"I was feeling a little lazy at the end..so I relied on Mistress.. " Rong Xiaoman blushed in shame as she shook her head.

"I'll just pray that they died quickly and didn't suffer too much." Rong Xiaoman mumbled as she walked over to the portal and with a final look over her shoulder she entered.

After a brief walk through a tunnel of shimmering light, Rong Xiaoman had returned to the Silent valley sect.

She was once again given a big surprise as what was once a thriving sect had become a large smoking crater, the once majestic Mount Wusheng had been completely reduced to rubble. Thousands of Silent Valley sect's disciples lay dead on the crater's side, the lucky one's missing and arm or leg, the unlucky mutilated beyond recognition.

At the center of the crater there was a slightly charred body with a missing arm, even dead, an aura of power could be felt from it. The body was what remained of the powerful Silent Valley sect master, Zuo Ning.

"You worthless piece of trash!! Why didn't you protect my precious child? I'll skin you alive!!!!"

Just above her she heard an angry shout.

"Please mercy! Ah! That hurts!"

The terrified groan shook the air leaving an echo.

Rong Xiaoman looked upwards and saw her mother Qin Ruyan ripping the ear off Martial Fist's sect master, Lu Meng. She appeared disheveled with bloodshot eyes and messy hair, her usual elegant appearance no where to be seen.

"..Mother!" Rong Xiaoman hesitantly called out.

Hearing that familiar voice, Qin Ruyan's ears perked up as she screamed joyfully. "Qin Tian my lovely baby boy!!"

Qin Ruyan quickly threw Lu Meng to the side, his battered form falling to the ground creating a loud thud. After spotting Rong Xiaoman she flew towards her with tears streaming down her face, her arms open ready to clutch the first thing they grabbed.

"Oof!" Rong Xiaoman coughed as Qin Ruyan collided with her. With two boundless mounds pressed against her, she sighed and patted her mother's head. "Don't worry mother, I'm back."

"I thought you were gone forever!!" Qin Ruyan wailed as she hammered Rong Xiaoman's chest.

"Look, aren't I fine? Those devils were no match for me so stop crying okay?" Rong Xiaoman replied gently as she complained inwardly about her overbearing mother.

Qin Ruyan sniffled and slowly nodded her head, she looked up at her handsome son and went in for a kiss. Rong Xiaoman moved her head to the side dodging her mother's smooch while quickly saying with an awkward smile. "I'm not a kid anymore mother.."

Noticing that her son currently had the good personality, she drew back with a blushed face. Turning her head away in embarrassment, she remarked. "I'm glad you're back son."

"Mother, what happened to Big sister and Little Ying? Are they okay?" Rong Xiaoman asked with a little worry in her heart, looking around at the devastated sect she could guess that something bad must have happened to cause her mother to go into such a frenzy.

"They are fine and were taken back home by Qin Fei." Qin Ruyan replied as her composure returned. She had sneakily taken out a mirror and had begun fixing up her messy appearance.

Rong Xiaoman breathed a sigh of relief, still her brows creased in confusion as she thought. 'That's strange, why would mother go so crazy then? It couldn't be me couldn't be me could it?' She shook her head as her lips curved into a wry smile. 'Definitely not, now that is a crazy thought.'

"Mother let's go home, I believe I have a marriage arrangement with Little Ying."

The moment Qin Ruyan heard that, she let out an unresigned snort and growled. "Yeah.."

'Mother must still be angry.' Rong Xiaoman chuckled in her mind as she flew towards Qin manor with her mother in tow.

Fourth Heaven, Nihilla's Realm~

Ariel's four daughters were still having their little tea party, sensing their mother's anger disappearing, they all collectively let out the deep breaths they had been holding.

"Mother finally calmed down!" Elowen patted her bountiful chest in relief.

"Yeah, thank papa!" Seris sighed as she stretched, all the tension in her body finally being released. "Mother even mobilized that glorified nanny she built for Nihilla, I wonder what could have made her so angry."

"Nanny?" Levathel repeated with a confused expression.

"Oh, you're always in your own little world so you probably don't know that Mother built a nursemaid for Nihilla so she would stop leeching off her breasts. It comes built with an endless sea of milk that Nihilla could never hope to deplete." Seris replied as she looked at Nihilla with a mocking gaze.

"That contraption? I believe the nickname you came up for it was the 'Big Mama' haha." Elowen's eyes turned into crescents as she covered her mouth and laughed.

"I don't leech off Mama's breasts!" Nihilla snorted angrily.

"Look! Look at the drool dripping from your lips! The moment anyone mentions breasts you turn into a fountain." Seris scoffed as she pointed at Nihilla speechlessly.

Nihilla wiped the drool from her mouth and turned her head away, her face heating up in embarrassment. "A-anyway, that big thing is stupid! It can't ever compare to Mama!"

"Ah Nihilla you're such a cutie! Your embarrassment is so sublime!" Elowen gave a girlish squeal as she pulled Nihilla over into a hug.

Nihilla's cheeks puffed in anger as she tried wriggling out of Elowen's embrace. "Argh! Let go Dummy!"

"Your hair is truly too soft! If you weren't my little sister, I would have totally added you to my collection.." Elowen's eyes sparkled as she buried her head in Nihilla's white hair and breathed in deeply.

Seris laughed cheerfully, clapping her hands at Nihilla's misfortune and Levathel's usual emotionless face showed an extremely rare smile as she watched her sisters.

Qin Manor, two days later~

It was noon as the sun had reached it's zenith. It's bright light shone down on Qin Manor revealing the numerous festive decorations that covered it.

In front of the Manor, there was a long red carpet which went from the front gate all the way to the main door. On each side of the carpet their were a vast group of people. A vast majority of them were disciples of the Martial Fist sect, even the martial fist Headmaster Lu Meng was in attendance. His rosy face had been covered in bandages and he was sitting in a wheel chair with a splint on his leg.

Behind Lu Meng was Sun Xi who had his hands on the wheelchair. He had been one of the lucky few to escape the terrifying Mistress of the Qin Manor unscathed. Beside him was the quivering hermit Bat Manlou whose gaze seemed to be constantly shifting as if he were afraid of being discovered.

Lu Meng looked at Bat Manlou and snorted hatefully. "You owe me this after running away like that.."

"I already told you to haul ass and get out of there Headmaster Lu! Why do you have to drag me here!?" Bat Manlou defended himself as he hid behind Sun Xi trying to make himself as small as possible.

"You should have tried harder to convince me! How was I supposed to know that some crazy woman would come along and destroy everything? I even got blamed!" Lu Meng replied in a bitter voice. "And now we have to wish her son a happy marriage under threat of death! Ah.. there's no justice in the world."

"Shhh, the bride is coming." Sun Xi quickly said as he signaled to a few disciples in the crowd.

Instantly a loud orchestra of music begun playing and several fireworks shot into the air leaving trails of glittering sparks. Loud cheers instantly followed as everyone clapped their hands joyfully.

At the gate there came a large golden sedan being carried by several strong men with bulging muscles. In front of the sedan was Jiang Jie, his skin was pale as if he had suffered a major illness. On his face was a somewhat forced smile.

As the sedan passed the crowd, people threw white blossoms on the sedan making for a mesmerizing sight. When the sedan reached the front door of the Qin Manor, Rong Xiaoman, Qin Zhenzhen, Qin Ruyan and several servants including Qin Fei and Qin Chen had come out to receive the bride.

Rong Xiaoman was dressed in a crimson red robe that had golden dragons etched onto it. Her long golden hair was tied back by blue band.

Qin Zhenzhen clapped her hands happily as she cheekily eyed Qin Ruyan. "Such a happy occasion isn't it mother?"

Qin Ruyan grit her teeth as she held back her boiling jealousy, in response she gave Qin Zhenzhen a small glare before harrumphing loudly.

The loud cheers came to a halt as the bride, Jiang Ying stepped out from the sedan. She wore a brilliant red wedding dress, her jet black hair had a myriad of golden ornaments carefully placed in it. On her slender neck there was a beautiful pearl necklace that shimmered in the sunlight.

Her father led her to where Rong Xiaoman was standing and they exchanged greetings. Jiang Jie had a rather fearful look the whole time which puzzled Jiang Ying greatly, though she threw those thoughts to the back of her mind the moment she held hands with her husband.

Together in unison, Rong Xiaoman and Jiang Ying kowtowed three times to worship the heaven, their parents and each other. They had finally officially sealed their marriage with solemn vows.

Jiang Ying observed her handsome husband, an extremely beautiful smile adorning her face. This was one of the happiest moments in her life and the sheer bliss she was feeling at that moment was absolutely intoxicating.

She gave Rong Xiaoman a coy look and said shyly. "Big brother...you know what's next right?"

Rong Xiaoman who was enjoying the festive atmosphere looked at Jiang Ying with curious look and replied. "Um.. there's a feast?", She smiled and rubbed her belly while remarking. "I'm feeling quite peckish right now and you're probably hungry too right? Don't worry Little Ying, I'll feed you personally."

Jiang Ying shook her head and said with a quieter voice. "No big brother, next we both go to the bridal chamber."

"Bridal chamber? Why would we go there? There's no food there." Rong Xiaoman said with a raised eyebrow, looking at Jiang Ying in doubt.

"Y-you know.. t-to do things.. the things men and w-women do!" Jiang Ying squeezed out a reply with an extreme blush on her cheeks, she buried her head into Rong Xiaoman's arm to hide her embarrassment.

Rong Xiaoman seemed to be slowly processing what Jiang Ying said as if she couldn't quite understand, though after a while her eyes seem to light up in understanding after which her face blazed red in embarrassment.

She laughed awkwardly and pinched Jiang Ying's cheek. "Don't be silly Little Ying, we're both girls.. how could we do that!?"

Although Rong Xiaoman had been living in the body of a male for many years now, she still thought herself as a pure girl through and through.

Black lines appeared on Jiang Ying's smooth forehead, she gave Rong Xiaoman a double take with her mouth wide open in bafflement. After what seemed to be an eternity, her eyes narrowed as they focused intensely on Rong Xiaoman causing her to flinch.

"Big Brother.. no excuses.. you won't be escaping your duties so easily!" Jiang Ying licked her lips as she eyes her prey with hungry eyes.

"W-what!? What's with that look?" Rong Xiaoman stepped back fearfully but her arm was caught in Jiang Ying's vice grip.

"We're going to the bridal chamber right now!" Jiang Ying dragged the helpless Rong Xiaoman into Qin Manor which caused a burst of cheers from the crowd.

Back at the Silent Valley Sect~

Numerous scavenges picked amongst the remains of the destroyed sect like a bunch of vultures.

At the center of the large crater, a lone scavenger was slowly inching his was towards the dead body of Zuo Ning using various protective talismans to protect himself from the remnant power radiating from the corpse.

"Just a little closer.." The scavenger gulped as he eyed the bag on Zuo Ning's waist. "I'm gonna be rich!"

When he finally reached the corpse and was seconds away from grabbing the precious spatial bag, Zuo Ning's remaining arm grabbed at the scavenger's throat.

"Ah!"

Zuo Ning opened his eyes, they were cloudy with the aura of death.

'That's odd... I thought I died.. '

'No.. I did die..'

Zuo Ning looked at the scavenger struggling to free himself from his grip, his cloudy eyes began to glow red as his mouth slowly opened.

'So hungry..'

Bringing the scavenger's head towards his mouth opened wider causing his jaw to tear, sharp black teeth sprouted from his bleeding gums.

'Just a bite..'

*Crunch!*

The scavenger's head completely disappeared into the mouth of Zuo Ning and with a loud gulp, it disapeared down his throat. Zuo Ning closed his eyes as he felt a euphoric feeling as the scavenger's lifeforce dispersed into his dead body.

In the next moment something happened. The horrified face of the scavenger appeared on Zuo Ning's charred chest, squirming like it wanted to escape from his skin.

'More.. I.. am.. still.. HUNGRY!'

Zuo Ning's eyes gleamed as he stared at the scavengers at the edges of the crater.

Somewhere in the void of space~

A bright light traveled through darkness like a comet heading towards destinations unknown.

Lord Zhao looked ahead at the endless stars with a troubled gaze. Celestial Qiao was currently resting on his shoulder.

"What are we gonna do now Lord? The devil emperor is powerless before those beings.." Celestial Qiao said with a helpless tone, his curious eyes had long lost their light.

"We must inform the higher powers.."

Celestial Qiao gasped. "You mean!?"

Lord Zhao nodded his gigantic head solemnly. "Yes.. they who are the strongest of every race and have lived countless years, those who watch over the golden gate eternally, free from the dust that is the mortal and celestial worlds... we must inform the Assembly of Ancients!"

Well here it is, the end. I enjoyed writing the story and dismantling the tropes that frustrated me in other novels, it was quite therapeutic lol.

I've been wanting to write a different novel that I've had this idea for a while now but I didn't want to leave you guys hanging so I thought I'd at least finish the first volume of the story I'm currently writing right? And I did! Hooray! XD

Though this isn't the end of Ariel's journey, but it'll have to take a backseat for a while as I haven't quite figured out the next volume. Oh, and there's also two side chapters that I'll have to get around to doing eventually, they are-

  1. The sex scene between Rong Xiaoman and Jiang Ying.
  2. Dong Mu's torture inside the mysterious cube.

Anyway, my main focus will be on my new story, when I have the spare time I'll work on those two side chapters I mentioned. 

As a final thought, I feel like I can improve the first volume a bit more like adding in more details on grim's life as death, what happened to Helel and what Ariel's daughters have been doing behind those doors. 

I'm still an amateur writer so thank you guys for sticking through my novel! Be safe out there! :)

 

20