7. Beginning of Creation!
2.4k 8 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Curious about the song Ariel was singing? It was Allegri Miserere. I thought about using Mozart's Requiem Aeternam but decided on the other song in the end as Ariel's mother would have most likely listened to that instead.

 

In a certain region where time and space were in their infancy and there existed endless darkness that extended beyond any conceivable distance, a gigantic pool of primordial chaos amassed.

The only light that could be witnessed was the odd flash that was released from the occasional clashes between various clusters of chaos. In a few hundred billion years after the primordial chaos had reached sufficient density, these small clashes could give birth to a brand new universe.

Ariel watched as the chaos rippled and swirled like a vast hurricane, her long platinum blonde hair floating like tentacles in the void.

This was the same location Lain had brought her to many years ago, her return could only mean one thing.

Beside Ariel were her four daughters, their grace and beauty were unparalleled.

Behind them, five more figures that were prostrating. Through various means, torturous and unique they came into being because of the woman in front of them, the very memory of this still filled them with fear. Brought here on her whim, they were still in the dark on what was happening and although they were curious, they dared not ask.

Grim gave a brief glance to the people beside him, the feeling they radiated felt similar to himself. "They must be the other chosen." He thought.

Turning his attention away from them he looked at the ring on his finger with gentle eyes. It was a ring he created himself and within it contained his wife and son. Even though he was the god of death, that didn't limit his powers at all to the domain of just reaping lives. Creating a small livable space was child's play to him, the extents of his new abilities truly gave him a fright.

Ariel took a deep breath and said. "It's time." Her headwings flapping in excitement.

Her daughters looked at her curiously. They hadn't seen their mother this enthusiastic for a while.

Ariel breathed in deeply as she closed her eyes, in her mind played a song her mother was most fond of.

Grim was observing Ariel with interest, ever since she had become still, the colossal mass of chaos in the distance had frozen in place.

As he was wondering what was happening, Ariel's lips moved and from them came loud legion of countless voices both male and female.

The haunting choir sung loudly reverberating throughout the void, their tones holy and divine.

Ariel began to wave her hands like a conductor guiding an orchestra as a huge swirling mass of chaos appeared in front of her. It surged violently as she weaved countless laws and concepts into the chaos making it thicker and more viscous. As it condensed into an infinitesimally small point as a result of both her voice and the movements of her hands, it flew into the palm of her hand.

Closing her hand into a fist, Ariel continued to sing louder and louder, the myriad of voices coming from her mouth directing their angelic powers upon the spec of chaos hidden within her palm.

Seconds pass and the choir of voices finally finished their song.

With a smile on her face, Ariel whispered. "It's ready.. My little universe."

Opening her hand like a blooming flower, the spec of chaos exploded into a brilliant light that illuminated the surrounding cosmos.

The light was so bright that it caused grim and the four other chosen to cover their eyes.

A sea of lights left Ariel's hand like an unending river, her robes fluttered from the incredible energies sprouting forth.

"It's so pretty.. " Seris muttered. Her other sisters were entranced as they nodded their heads in agreement.

Ariel nodded with a satisfied smile as she observed the new universe in front of her which was a swirl of unfathomably hot and dense energy that had yet to cool.

Turning her head she looked at the frozen mass of chaos in the distance, the one Lain had shown her before.

"Now.. as for you." Ariel waved her hand causing the chaos to ripple as it too condensed, growing smaller and smaller as if billions of years were passing by in seconds.

Finally after what felt like minutes, it had become a small dot unable to be seen with the naked eye. It then burst with a blinding light. It was not as bright as the one before nor as beautiful but still, it was quite stunning.

In front of Ariel, there were now two infant universes. One that shimmered a myriad of colors, unique and peerless. The other was fairly ordinary both in it's color and aura. Comparing the two it was like the difference between a divine emperor that ruled over countless kings and a humble farmer.

"Two universes. The heaven and the earth, one above, one below and they shall be separated by a door.. " Ariel whispered with a twinkle in her eyes as she caressed the two universes absentmindedly. Although she was like a grain of sand in size compared to the universes, her hands seemed to break the fabric of reality making the impossible possible.

Ariel's daughters had set up a table and were drinking tea while watching their mother. Grim and the rest were watching with their mouths agape, the events they had seen thus far had tipped common sense on it's head and if they weren't powerful gods, they would have most likely had a heart attack.

The teacup in Nihilla's hand shattered to dust as she watched Ariel with extreme jealousy. The way her mother looked at those two universes had made her feel unwell.

"Uuuu.. Those little shits!" Nihilla glared at the two universes which had garnered her mothers full attention. If looks could kill, those budding wonders of creation would have been completely annihilated, unfortunately for Nihilla, her powers had been sealed until further notice after her little outburst on Telos.

Seris giggled with glee. "Aww poor baby." She went to pet Nihilla's silky white haired head.

*Snap* Nihilla's cute pouty mouth attempted to bite Seris's fingers off.

Pulling back her hand in fright, Seris harrumphed as she sipped her tea in frustration.

"So not cute.. " She whispered under her breath.

Looking at the two with her crescent moon eyes, Elowen laughed melodiously causing her grand bust to shake.

"Mother sure is happy today." Levathel remarked as she nibbled a biscuit.

Elowen nodded. "Mother has been wanting to do this for a while, since before we were born from what I heard."

"Who told you that?" Seris asked curiously.

"Papa." Elowen replied as she crossed her voluptuous legs.

"Papa? Why didn't she tell me anything?" Seris pouted.

Levathel smirked at Seris and replied. "Because you're always teasing her, of course she's not gonna tell you anything."

"Humph.. Papa.. I'll get you hehe." Seris's eyes glazed over as she licked her lips seductively.

Under Ariel's caress, a door was formed between the two newborn universes. It was sparkling crystal and had vivid engravings carved onto it's surface. An aura of power and ancientness was emitted from it that would startle any being that laid their eyes upon it.

As soon as it appeared, the two universes were forever separated by an impenetrable barrier.

With a clap of her hands, everyone was now teleported to the higher universe, the one personally crafted by Ariel herself.

Grim looked around with a little fear in his heart. There was no identifiable color, no light or darkness just something one could describe as opaque and immense heat enough to make him afraid. If one looked close enough, they could find little specs of light in numbers beyond counting. If it wasn't for the protective bubble shielding him and the others, he felt that he would have been turned to ashes in seconds.

Grim sighed in relief and gave a brief glance towards the daughters of the almighty.

They had no protective bubble shielding them but looked completely at ease as if the insane heat was just a warm summer breeze.

Ariel's expression became focused as she spoke solemnly. "The foundation, four heavens and the holy mountain. Each heaven shall be separated and only those strong enough will be able to travel freely between them."

In an instant, the surrounding specs gathered into points forming four flat masses of land that appeared to be stacked atop each other, the smallest being the bottom piece of land and the largest being the top piece of land which had a majestic mountain that dwarfed three of the lower land masses put together.

It was not difficult to see them as they stood out in the opaque background.

Among her daughters, the one paying the most attention was Elowen. Ever since she was born she had enjoyed creating things and she was eager to learn from her mother.

Ariel looked above the four heavens and frowned. Something was missing, after a bit of thinking her expression brightened as she remarked. "These pieces of dirt look a bit gloomy, they need a little sunshine!"

"Should I create one sun for each heaven?" Ariel thought before she shook her head.

"I think it'll be easier if it's just one." Ariel raised her hand and a small orange light flew out before settling above the four heavens. It expanded into gigantic fireball that brought light to the desolate empty lands below.

"One star to shine down upon the four heavens, It shall be called the ethereal star Cyrus for one could feel it's warmth but never reach it!"

Ariel clapped her hands together and opened them slowly, from within out floated a small sphere, pale and white.

"With light there will be darkness, with a sun there shall be a moon!" The small pale sphere increased in size till it was half as big as the ethereal star. It flashed and appeared beside the star before becoming invisible. It would only appear during the night, bringing a gentle light when the world was bathed in darkness.

"It's name will be the mythic moon Calypso, floating amidst the sky elusively like a butterfly." Her voice resounded through the heavens.

Ariel sighed in relief and rubbed her neck tiredly. Her expression showed a mixture of serenity and satisfaction.

Compared to what she had created before, this new universe and it's four mighty heavens dwarfed them all in size and quality. Beings who were blessed enough to live here would see a rapid improvement in themselves, lifespans and the ability to ascend to godhood.

Ariel and the others appeared atop the mountain, the only noticeable landmark currently within the four heavens. It was white as jade, filled with almighty metals, crystals and gems. The aura it radiated was so powerful that any lesser being would be obliterated both in body and soul if they were anywhere near it and any mortal being who laid their eyes upon this holy mountain would go permanently blind in an instant.

Waving her hand a flat piece of land was cut just below the peak of the mountain and a grand staircase formed out of the wall of the mountain leading to the bottom.

Four large doors appeared on the flattened part of the mountain, one green covered in flowers and radiating a strong life force, one grey and illusionary as if it didn't exist, another black and cloaked in primordial chaos, the last door was bronze and shaped as a hexagon, a sinister aura permeated from it.

Ariel turned around and looked at her daughters warmly. "These will be your homes my lovely children, create and change them to your wishes."

Her daughters looked excitedly at their new homes as each of them felt a faint attraction to one of the doors. Being cramped inside the palace all the time was really boring but now they were free! Like birds leaving the nest.

Seris went flew through the black door with a gleeful expression shouting "Freedom!", Elowen gracefully walked through the green door and Levathel walked through the bronze door composedly.

Nihilla looked back at her mother with a sad frown. "Mama I don't want to go! I wanna stay with you!" She flew towards Ariel with tears flowing down her cheeks.

Ariel caught the little girl in a hug, she sighed and muttered. "You can't be beside me forever Nihilla."

"NO! I won't leave!" Nihilla snuggled against her mother tightly.

"You could always go see the other body I made, it's still me you know." Ariel tried to free herself from the little girl's bear hug but she wasn't having it, Nihilla was latched onto her like a tick.

"No! That body is just a fake phony, not mama at all! humph!" Nihilla looked at the the mounds on ariel's chest with stars in her eyes, a little saliva dripped from her mouth.

Ariel shivered in fright, her daughter was far too old to be breastfed but after hours of nagging she always gave in. Every time she would be left feeling drained and tired, she decided to put her foot down this time considering she had some important things to do.

With a firm look Ariel shouted. "Nihilla! Go to your realm this instant! Otherwise next time husband comes I'll have you disciplined!"

Nihilla shrunk back in fear, unlike Ariel, papa doesn't hold back when punishing. "Mama please don't."

Ariel looked sternly at Nihilla. "Listen to mama and be good, go through the door okay?"

Nihilla puffed her cheeks. "Mama, I'll go if you restore my powers."

Ariel sighed. "Nihilla, you were supposed to be bereft of your powers for the next million years but... I guess I could make an exception this time."

Ariel kissed Nihilla on her cheek.

"Wah! Thank you mama!" Nihilla could feel her unfathomable powers returning, I wide smile hung from her cherry lips. Hopping out of her mothers hug, she flew towards the grey door and disappeared.

Ariel put her hands on her hips and smiled. "Truly, that little girl is so clingy. Even with such power I can't wipe away the exhaustion she can bring."

Grim was staring blankly with tired eyes, he had long become numb after watching the feats of his creator. As he was about to doze off he felt a little elbow nudge him gently in the side.

He looked towards the side grumpily and whispered. "What?"

There was a middle aged woman with naturally squinting eyes, short nose and shoulder length black hair that hung in a straight fashion. She wore a brown knee length skirt patterned with white clouds, pink wool sweater and blue bunny slippers. She seemed like the nice lady next door that sometimes came over to give you a cake she had baked. Strapped to her back was a large object reminiscent of a 1980s vending machine that was lit brightly with neon lights and the words that glowed in flashing green read. "Po's Premium Coffee"

This one was the only chosen who he knew by name, he was curious about the vending machine on her back and was feeling oddly thirsty at the time so he asked for a cup. Strangely, the woman replied. "Only when you're dead."

Grim was baffled at that time. He merely shook his head and spoke no more to the woman called Meng. "Must have a screw loose." He thought.

The woman replied with a whisper. "Go and ask the master about what we have to do."

Grim shook his head and replied in a hushed tone. "No way Meng, you do it."

Meng shook her head and replied with a cheeky smile. "Me and the others have already voted, you have no choice but to ask."

Grim was shocked. "Voted?! why didn't I get a vote?" He looked at the others. One who could be summed up as a valiant and peerlessly beautiful woman. A wolf man with pitch black fur and a tall thin man as pale as a sheet. They all covered their mouths holding back laughter.

Meng looked at him scornfully. "It's your fault for paying no attention and looking at that ring all the time."

Grim wanted to retort but the words were stuck in his throat, looking at the ring on his finger he grumbled internally. "Look wife, your husband is being bullied!"

From the ring he heard the giggly laughter of his wife and son, he sighed and accepted his fate.

"Uh.. umm.. almighty one, what do you have in mind for me and the peasants to my side?"

Instantly the other chosen glared at him with furious expressions.

Grim looked at them with a smirk and thought. "That's right, you're all peasants! Humph"

Ariel turned around and replied. "Your jobs will come later as you require mortal souls to manage.. for now."

She sighed as she looked at the desolate flat lands known as the four heavens. There were no plants or vegetation, animals or insects, no hills or lakes, just bland dirt that stretched for inestimable kilometers.

Ariel focused on an area, a patch of plain flat land. With a wave of her hand it is turned into a beautiful valley filled with mysterious properties, trees, unique plants and a stream of magical water.

She smiled and remarked. "Heh, that wasn't so bad.. "

It was only a few minutes later when she was finished working on her ninth wonder of the landscape that an immense wave of boredom struck her causing her tenth creation to look like replica of a kids tv show she saw years ago, complete with the four mentally impaired tv midgets colored purple, green, yellow and red. There was also the creepy floating sun that was a giggling cooing baby face.

Ariel's eye twitched in frustration as she looked at the monstrosity that spawned from her hands.

"Pfft!!" Meng and the other chosen hold their mouths as laughter escapes from the lips. They were instantly shut up by a glare from Ariel.

"Humph!" As she glared the giggly chosen into silence, she pointed at the monstrosity below causing it to explode and disintegrate in a wail of painful screams.

Looking at the vast heavens that were empty and dull, she crossed her arms in thought. After thinking, an idea came to her mind. Ariel decided to dump the work on others! "I can't be bothered creating all the mountains, lands and rivers or populating it with beasts so.. I'll create a race to do that for me! Haha that'll be far easier!"

Putting her hands on her hips she laughed proudly. "Haha I'm so smart, hubby should totally praise me."

Ariel looked down towards the bottom of the mountain where fourth heaven was located, her eyes shined as the excitement from creating life intrigued her. "A new race, one which will forge the four heavens into paradises worth living in."

She pointed downwards with her hand and shouted in a divine voice that echoed throughout the heavens. "Come forth Titans!"

...

Eos was the first titan to awake. Like all the titan race, she was larger than any naturally occurring celestial body with a gargantuan form.

Her body was graceful and sleek, her skin shone like glittering diamonds and beautiful crystals covered her body protecting various areas. Long quartz like hair hung down to her bottom and her eyes shone like two violet stars. Her face was the very image of a beautiful goddess, flawless and perfect.

"Mmm..?" Eos groaned and rubbed her big purple eyes tiredly.

She had awoken in a vast endless field of nothing but empty dirt for countless miles. She sat silently as she observed her surroundings.

She turned her head from side to side curiously, surrounding her were various humanoid figures all as large as herself, some even larger. All laying down on the ground peacefully asleep. One in particular was massive and snoring loudly enough to cause the earth below her feet to tremble. He had a bulky figure, not muscled or fat. Just sturdy. His skin was similar to the earth below her feet only extremely vibrant like the difference between a withered tree and a young sapling.

As she continued looked around curiously, suddenly a pain came from her head as if her mind was splitting. What came to her mind were words, concepts and thought, information about crystals, Qi and the limitless energies of the universe and finally an image of a mountain, it was tall and grand beyond understanding. It was peerlessly white and sharp, piercing through the clouds that covered it's colossal base like a blanket. It glowed a holy radiance as if it were the center of all things.

Eos shivered as she slowly turned around and a gasp escaped her mouth.

The holy mountain in her mind was right behind her!

Eos stared up the mountain in awe. Even though her body was massive, compared to the mountain she was like an ant, a grain of sand.

From atop the holy mountain came an angelic voice that left a tingling sensation in Eos's ears. "Wake your brothers and sisters then shape the four heavens with your powers!"

The voice left Eos feeling warm and comfortable as if she had just been embraced by.. her mother.

There was no other thought in her mind other than completing the mysterious voice's task. Her reverence towards the mysterious being atop the mountain had long passed normality, it was like there was an inborn passion within her that bloomed the moment she heard that angelic voice.

One by one she woke her siblings from their slumber, some were easier to wake than others. The snoring giant required a few firm slaps to the face. As the awakened titans gained their bearing, each of them received the same experience she had when streams of information was burned into her mind.

Their names came to them naturally as if they were born with them and their abilities manifested quickly as they all discovered, with the information surging into their minds it became quite easy to master their bodies and their various strengths.

Their abilities varied, the snoring titan who's name she found out was Eon had the abilities over the earth, the solid ground under her feet. Another female titan had the abilities over water in all it's fluidity.

With their immense powers they shaped the worlds with mountains, deserts and seas. Breathed life onto the lands in the form of trees, plants, beasts and monsters. Revitalized the earth with spiritual veins, ores, crystals. Each heaven was separated by a boundary but it was effortless for the titans to pass through it.

Each one of the four heavens was molded depending on how much energy it radiated for example, the first heaven emitted the least spiritual energy thus it was the most ordinary. The fourth heaven birthed spiritual energy at an insane rate and therefore was extraordinary in every way.

Countless years passed as the titans continued their work diligently. It was monotonous work but it filled them with joy.

Alas, their purpose had finally been fulfilled. The day had come when they would finally finish their work.

The first heaven was the most ordinary among the four realms Ariel had created, among the expansive hills and vast mountains populated with 100 meter tall trees a being walked. She was made of beautiful crystal and her form made the nearby trees and mountains look like dust and sand respectively.

Although she could easily destroy it all with a miss placed step, she seemed to only phase through anything she touched, only leaving a gentle breeze in her wake.

A beautiful smile hung on Eos's lips as she wave her hand towards the ground. Little lights sprinkled to the ground like little seeds that would eventually form into magical crystals. They would fertilize the soil with spiritual Qi making the plantlife and the animals flourish.

In the distance was another titan with a great beard of tentacles that hung from his face, long horns that cupped his octopus like head, scaly skin and thin wings on his back. His visage was quite horrendous and frightening.

He was Cthulhu, the titan of beasts and monsters. Currently he was the only titan that had been given permission to populate the heavens with life and he saw that as a great honor.

"It's a shame.. " Cthulhu grumbled with a haunting yet dominating voice.

Eos walked over gracefully, she asked curiously with a gentle humming voice like the vibration of crystals. "Little brother, what's wrong?"

Cthulhu shook his tentacle head from side to side as he sighed. "The spiritual energy here is so thin big sister, the beasts and monsters I can create here are so limited. If I were to create a behemoth which is quite common in the third heaven, it would instantly go into hibernation due to the sparsity of energy which would not be able to support it's form. Eventually it would die from starvation."

His tentacles rippled as little tiny beasts appeared below on the nearby ground. They were quite large if you compare them to the 100 meter tall trees but still merely specs of dust to the titans standing above them.

They roared happily as the ran deeper into the forests in massive hordes.

Eos patted her brother's shoulder and consoled him. "Don't worry little brother, when we return to the fourth heaven you can create some much better beasts."

Cthulhu's snake like eyes brightened. "Haha! you're right sister."

Suddenly a familiar voice resounded within all the titan's minds. "You're work is completed my creations, return and receive your reward."

Both Eos and Cthulhu shouted in excitement.

"Sister.. I never knew what you meant before when you described the Allmother's voice but now I know. It's beautiful!" Cthluhu wept as a tear left his eye falling to the land below. The tear burrowed deep within the earth, disappearing from sight.

Eos beamed as she agreed. The Allmother had only spoken to her, leaving her as the one to guide the titans. A few titans had fought against her for the position of leader but they were quickly defeated as she was the most powerful among all titans.

The two flew quickly towards the fourth heaven as fast as their bodies could carry them.

The titans had all gathered at the base of the mountain which they had all come to call Mount Vulgate. The happiness of finally completing their task still hadn't worn off as they chattered among themselves excitedly with their thunderous voices.

What interrupted them was a holy and powerful voice coming from the tip of the mountain.

"Titans, thank you for your hard work. The four heavens truly look beautiful, I couldn't have done it better myself"

The titans listened to the angelic voice reverently, all of them except for Eos had never heard their creators voice before and only heard tales from her after she recalled her distant first memories.

"Your reward will be the fourth heaven, the most beautiful and perfect realm. Live as you please but from now on, you are forbidden from descending to the lower heavens." The voice gradually faded away.

The titans looked blankly at the mountain, although a few were feeling happy, every titan felt something else.

They felt lost for the first time since their inception. Before they had a purpose, a goal.. But now they had an empty feeling brewing within, it was a stuffy like being constantly out of breath, it was not pleasant.

They turned to their leader Eos for answers and with a firm resolve she sought guidance.

Eos knelt before the mountain and shouted. "Allmother, we are directionless.. Please guide us!"

Her voice echoed throughout the fourth heaven with a mighty power.

"Oh?" From the mountain came a surprised voice.

The titans perked their ears up as the listened intently.

After a few minutes the voice replied. "Near the peak of this mountain are four doors, each have a test. Complete one of the tests and you may seek a reward or.. an audience from me."

A few titans gasped, a reward or meeting with their creator?

"But be warned, these tests will not be easy and even with your current strengths, death is a possibility but within danger lies great rewards, the energies contained within the four realms can make you stronger so train yourselves, overcome the challenges and maybe one day we'll meet.. "

Eos looked up at the infinitely tall mountain as her eye's shined brilliantly.

"One day I'll see you mighty creator." She vowed.

The titans dispersed, some went to build their homes while some chose to ascend the mountain.

While Eos was walking towards the mountain, she heard a giggle beside her ear.

"Hehe."

"Who was that?!" Eos looked around with her beautiful big violet eyes surprise, turning around she saw nothing but beautiful valleys, mountains and rivers.

A little red spec flew in front of her giant purple eye.

It was a little girl with blazing red hair.

"Wow, you're so big!" The little girl giggled as she pointed at Eos with her dainty little finger.

Eos looked at the tiny girl with suspicion, she had never seen this type of being before. 'Could it be a new beast brother Cthulhu created?' She wondered.

The little girl pouted in anger. "Uuu.. I'm no beast you silly titan!" She disappeared and reappeared in front of Eos's forehead and with a little flick of her dainty finger, Eos flew backwards and fell on the ground with a loud thump.

Eos rubbed her head that was still stinging in astonishment, no one had ever managed to make her fall before. Not one of her brothers or sisters could best her in combat.

"W-who are you!" Eos stood up and looked at the little girl vigilantly.

The little girl flew towards her and stopped in front of Eos's face.

"I'm Seris and I have a little advice for you." Seris replied cheerily.

"Advice?" Eos mumbled as she looked confusedly at the little fiery spec.

Seris with a mysterious smile that seemed to hypnotize. "At the top of the mountain you'll find four doors. Choose the grey one, it's definitely the easiest!"

"Easiest?" Eos mumbled dazedly, something about Seris's words made her feel light headed.

A glint of mischief shone in Seris's eyes as she nodded.

 


I've been pretty busy lately studying for my learners license so chapters have become a little sparse, sorry about that lol.

As for the chapter, although I have introduced a few new characters I decided on not revealing all the chosen or Titans as revealing too much will remove a lot of the mystery.

I have also sown a few seeds for future plots that should become significant later in the story.

 

Anyway, thanks for reading! :D :)

 

45