19. Broken Promise
1.4k 9 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Qin Manor was silent, the lights were out and the crescent moon shone down upon it.

Qin Zhenzhen rubbed her sleepy eyes as she walked down the dark corridor, currently she was heading to the kitchen for a midnight snack. She wore a loose sleeping gown that slightly revealed her budding teen body.

"Mmh.. I shouldn't have missed dinner to cultivate." She mumbled under a tired breath.

As she was walking she came across her brother's room, she heard voices coming from it which peaked her interest.

"Yes! Right there.. "

"Huh? Is little brother talking to someone?" She thought.

As she came closer to her brothers room, the voices could be heard a little more clearly. There was a grunting sound along with the moans of a woman's voice.

"Ahhn!"

The sounds only caused Qin Zhenzhen's curiosity to grow, as she finally reached her brother's room, the sliding door to it was ajar.

When she took a look inside her eyes opened wide in disbelief.

Her mother and her little brother were entwined on his bed, both naked and drenched in sweat.

Qin Zhenzhen covered her mouth in shock as her body shook. "Mother how could she.. and brother too?.."

Her heart began to beat wildly as she watched her mother and little brother's nude bodies connect and sway in a mesmerizing motion.

She felt unable to move like her legs were frozen in place, she wanted to shout out and stop this forbidden play but she couldn't, it was like she was hypnotized but had full clarity of what was happening.

Qin Zhenzhen's legs closed as she felt a wet sensation from her groin, her breathing became heavy and her eyes flashed with a myriad of emotions such as disgust, betrayal, and something else which she couldn't quite understand.

Her little brother had begun ramming her mother from behind and it was at that moment that his and her eyes crossed each other.

Qin Zhenzhen felt her heart leap out of her chest as her brothers eye locked with hers, they stared silently at each other.

"He saw me!" Qin Zhenzhen panicked.

But her little brother didn't do or say anything, he merely licked his lips and continued thrust against her mother with a faint smile.

Qin Zhenzhen fell weakly to the floor, she crawled up and quickly fled down the corridor back to her room leaving a wet trail behind her.

Reaching her room, she opened the sliding door and slammed it closed. She jumped onto her soft bed and hid under the covers.

As she held the bed sheets tightly, her eyes began to leak tears and her body continued to shake.

"Mama.. and little brother.. how could they do such a thing?" She whispered as she sniffled sadly.

As she recalled those scenes, her groin began to leak even more fluid.

"What is wrong with my body?" Qin Zhenzhen touched her secret place and felt an electric shock.

"Ah!" She cried out in surprise.

"It.. it felt good.. " Qin Zhenzhen felt like a magnet had attracted her hand to that place. Hesitantly she moved her hand back down.

"Ahhn.. " Her body shivered as waves of pleasure washed over her.

She had never even thought about such things before, although she had heard vague things from the servants it didn't much interest her but today's events were too much of a shock.

Qin Zhenzhen was feeling so much pain in her heart that anything that could make the pain go away, she would consider almost anything at this point to take the revelation weighing heavily on her mind away and what she had just discovered seemed like as good as a distraction as any.

Soft moans resounded from Qin Zhenzhen's room as the night continued to pass along quietly.

...

8 Years later~

Qin Fei walked down the corridor towards Qin Zhenzhen's room, faint tiredness could be seen on her aged face.

When she reached Qin Zhenzhen's room, she knocked on the sliding door.

"Young miss, young miss, breakfast is ready!" Qin Fei listened in but could hear nothing but soft snores.

Qin Fei slowly opened the sliding door and entered Qin Zhenzhen's room.

It was dark, the curtains were black and easily prevented any light from entering. Dirty clothes, books and accessories littered the floor messily. The room smelled of sweat and a faint floral body odor.

Qin Fei sighed, worry flashed in her eyes. "Young Miss used to be such a model daughter, clean, energetic, outgoing, bright and curious but.. for 8 years now she's always been shut in her room. She's become distant, reserved and quiet; rarely does she leave her room and all day she does nothing but read books."

She navigated the messy room and reached Qin Zhenzhen's bed which looked like a heap of bed quilts and sheets.

Pulling away the mass of bedding, she discovered Qin Zhenzhen sleeping quietly, snuggled against the pillows and clutching a book in her hands.

Curious, Qin Fei took the book out from Qin Zhenzhen's grasp and read the title.

"Forbidden series: Volume 4. Older sister dominates the defiant younger brother." Qin Fei whispered in confusion.

As she fluttered through the pages, she quickly discovered something and blushed. Slamming the book shut, she muttered angrily. "Shameless!"

When she looked at the peacefully sleeping Qin Zhenzhen, there was a hint of disappointment but that was quickly replaced by tenderness.

She was now twenty two years of age, a grown woman.

Her beauty was absolutely stunning as was her curvaceous body with a large, proud bosom, slender waist and round bottom. Many of her features that she inherited from her mother had finally bloomed.

She was not exactly the spitting image of her mother as she had her own unique features like shorter hair, a more upturned nose, sharper eyebrows and small cute lips.

"Young miss, wake up." Qin Fei said softly as she gently shook Qin Zhenzhen's shoulder.

"Mhmm.. " Qin Zhenzhen groaned sleepily as her eyelashes fluttered open.

After rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, she looked towards Qin Fei and remarked with a yawn. "Miss Fei, can't you bring in my breakfast like always?"

Qin Fei shook her head and replied. "Nonsense young miss, today's the day of your little brother's marriage agreement with the Jiang family. Because of that, the Mistress said you have to eat in the dining room this time."

The agreement was supposed to happen last year but the Jiang family asked to move to this year, and strangely, they had been rather distant about it too. Although Qin Ruyan seemed extremely happy about the delay for a reason Qin Fei did not know about.

Qin Zhenzhen scoffed and muttered. "She would wouldn't she.. " She got up from the bed and threw on one of the robes scattered about the floor, not bothering about her messy appearance at all.

Qin Fei shook her head as she watched Qin Zhenzhen leave the room and walk down the corridor towards the dining room. She looked around the room and muttered. "I should clean this up, it's been a while for sure."

The dining room was quite large, housing a fancy three meter long table and enough chairs for a large family. Decently sized rectangular windows brightly illuminated the room with morning sunlight.

When Qin Zhenzhen arrived, she saw her mother sitting at the edge of the table. A plate of food was laid out in front of her but it was untouched.

She hadn't changed at all over the years, in fact she seemed to have gotten even more beautiful as her skin was simply glowing and her curves had become even more perfect.

Qin Zhenzhen knew exactly why that was so as she snorted hatefully, she sat down on the other end of the table happy to be as far from her mother as possible. A nearby servant came and brought her a plate of food, congee which had various toppings and a cup of green tea.

Her mother didn't seem to notice her and was clearly agitated. There was a constant frown on her face and her twitching eyebrow told Qin Zhenzhen all she needed to know. It was obvious her mother was definitely against this arranged marriage but was far too proud a woman to renege on something she herself had suggested in the first place.

Qin Zhenzhen smiled inwardly at her mother's misery. "Serves you right." She thought as she plopped a spoon full of congee in her mouth.

After a minute Qin Ruyan finally noticed her daughter.

"Well isn't it my lovely daughter, I haven't seen you in a long time." Qin Ruyan regained her elegant facade and remarked with a slight smile.

Qin Zhenzhen merely harrumphed in response.

Qin Ruyan paid her daughter no mind. The first year she was baffled at how distant her daughter had become as they had been very close before, but it didn't take long for her to find out why. She had somehow found out about her relations with her son.

Although she new her daughter hated her to the bone, she still loved her deeply. She was definitely torn at the start but was unwilling to give up what she had with her son thus their relationship had become cold and strained.

Qin Ruyan wanted better with her relationship with her daughter but she knew better, she can't have the cake and eat it too. She had give one thing up and decided that what she had with her remaining daughter was not worth the price.

She was a selfish woman and she knew it, all that she could do to make up for it was to make sure her daughter is safe, well fed and relatively happy.

Her daughter had taken up a hobby reading books and she made sure that it was thoroughly indulged much to the dismay of her head servant Qin Fei who wanted better for Qin Zhenzhen cultivation wise, but her daughter had completely given up on that content with her books instead.

Qin Ruyan sighed as her thoughts returned to worrying about the marriage agreement. A flash of anger and resentment flashed in her eyes, for eight years now she had been consistently trying to off the Jiang girl but time and time again she had completely failed. It was like she was being protected by some kind of intangible force or maybe it was just godlike luck!

No matter how she tried, whether it be by poisoning, assassins, or she herself using her immense Nova realm cultivation realm; it always seemed to go wrong and turn in the Jiang girl's favor.

She was literally about to go mad until about a year ago when the Jiang family suddenly closed themselves off, and hid the Jiang girl in their manor. They also wanted a one year extension on the marriage agreement which she was absolutely happy to agree to.

Although she was baffled and thought it was strange, she was in no rush to speed things up, in fact she was over the moon. But it had now been a year and it was time, she couldn't even sleep last night because she was so distraught.

While the two, mother and daughter were lost in their thoughts, a young man came walking into the dining room at a steady pace.

The young man was 6'2, quite tall for his age which was around 16-17. His handsomeness was ethereal as if he were a god in mortal form. Long golden hair that glowed in the light flowed down to his lower back, it was neatly tied into a ponytail with long bangs covering the side of his face.

His golden eyes had an almost soul piercing gaze to them and his clothes were a simple yet stylish set of blue robes.

He was Rong Xiaoman, the current controller of Ariel's incarnation.

The moment she entered the room, Qin Ruyan's gaze immediately came upon her.

"Son! Have a seat, your breakfast is ready." Qin Ruyan chirped happily as she patted the seat next to her.

Rong Xiaoman was a little hesitant but sighed in defeat and took the seat beside Qin Ruyan.

Qin Zhenzhen noticed her brother's minute hesitance, an expression of pity formed on her face. When she found out about their relationship, she began to study her brother much more closely.

She always knew there was something a little odd about him but never paid it any real thought until that moment. Eventually she came upon the reason and shockingly discovered that he had two personalities, one who was noble, fair and upright. The other was distant, disrespectful and frankly scary.

Qin Zhenzhen likened them to the good and evil side of her brother and as she had expected, it was the evil side which had initiated the immoral relationship with her mother. The good side was completely in the dark about the matter from what she could tell.

"I mustn't blame him, well.. at least not the good side." She thought.

"You seem to grow more handsome by the day." Qin Ruyan chuckled as she stared at her son intensely.

Rong Xiaoman shifted in her seat uncomfortably, she smiled wryly and replied. "Uh.. you too mother, you seem to have become more beautiful over the years."

"Oh my, well aren't you a charmer." Qin Ruyan fluttered her long eyelashes playfully

Rong Xiaoman watched as the nearby servant served her breakfast, a couple of steaming meat buns and a bowl of noodles. She nibbled her food with a dazed expression.

Over the years her incarnation's mother had gotten progressively more clingy and stalkerish, she had absolutely no idea why. It wasn't so bad at first but recently it had become almost overwhelming.

She had an inkling that it had something to do with her Mistress Ariel but she wasn't so sure. After the nearby servant served her breakfast, a couple of steaming meat buns and a bowl of noodles, she began eating her food.

"Son, what realm is your cultivation at now?" Qin Ruyan inquired as she casually nibbled her breakfast.

"I have reached the peak of foundation building, I'm half a step away from the innate realm." Rong Xiaoman replied nonchalantly.

She could have far surpassed her current realm if she wanted to considering how much of a cheat her Mistresses incarnation was but saw no need. Living a uneventful life was quite enthralling to Rong Xiaoman, in fact she seemed to have gotten herself addicted to playing the life of Qin Tian.

Her Mistress also pointed it out, saying it was on the lines of a "video game" addiction; though she didn't know what that was.

Qin Ruyan gasped as her face flushed in happiness. "Such speed! As expected of my talented son." She remarked proudly.

Rong Xiaoman merely chuckled with a hint of embarrassment. She looked towards her older sister ho was sitting at the other end of the table, occasionally sending them a few covert glances.

"Big Sister, how have you been recently? I haven't seen you in months." Rong Xiaoman asked with a tinge of sadness in her voice.

Her sister had become quite distant with conversations between them only lasting a few short moments, although she had been meaning to find out what was bothering her the chance never came as her sister stayed cooped up in her room.

"Nothing much little brother, just been reading books and sometimes painting." Qin Zhenzhen muttered in reply.

Rong Xiaoman smiled. "It's good to read, knowledge is power and all."

Qin Zhenzhen nodded her head, a faint bush could be seen on her cheeks.

While the three, mother, son and daughter conversed; Qin Chen quickly came into the room with a note in her hand. Her breathing was rapid and worry could be seen in her eyes.

"Mistress! I have a letter from the Jiang family!" Qin Chen said in a panicked voice.

"Oh? What does it say?" Qin Ruyan's eyebrow raised.

Qin Chen hesitantly said. "The marriage has been cancelled."

Rong Xiaoman looked at Qin Chen in shock. "How could this happen!? Little Ying has been absolutely smitten with me over the years, although her family has kept her hidden for a while now.. could this be the reason?"

Qin Zhenzhen dropped her spoon. although not as shocked as her younger brother, she was still feeling quite puzzled.

"Really? What was the reason?" Joy flashed in Qin Ruyan's eyes. "Of all the things I could have done, all I needed to do was just sit back and wait for them to break off the marriage? Truly ridiculous." She chuckled inwardly.

"Uh.. Umm.." Qin Chen stuttered.

"Out with it girl." Qin Ruyan said impatiently.

"The Jiang family has decided that we are not worthy, that we are low hanging fruit. They've already managed to secure a marriage with a powerful sect in the upper district. The young miss of the Jiang family has been set to marry the young master of the Silent Valley sect." She looked down at the floor, afraid that the Mistress would take out her anger on her.

Rong Xiaoman tightened her fist, anger slowly growing in her heart. "Those wretched scum.., they must be keeping litte Ying locked up until they can marry her off! She definitely wouldn't agree to this."

"Low hanging fruit?" Qin Ruyan's eye twitched. Although she was angry at the disdain the Jiang showed them, she was also immensely happy now that the marriage had been called off.

"You may leave." Qin Ruyan waved her hand and Qin Chen sighed in relief as she briskly left the dining room.

The conflicting feelings she was having were silently buried. She sighed and turned her head towards Rong Xiaoman. "Don't take it too badly my son, they clearly don't know what they're missing."

A big smile appeared on her face. "Marriage is a hassle anyway, it's much better to be free as a leaf in the wind." She remarked enthusiastically.

Rong Xiaoman suddenly stood up, her handsome face was calm but it was obvious that there was a deep fury beneath the calm facade.

"Mother, I must go.. Little Ying would have never agreed to this! They must be forcing her!"

Qin Zhenzhen looked at her brother worriedly.

"Maybe she just changed her mind? It happens all the time." Qin Ruyan replied with an insistent tone.

Rong Xiaoman frowned, her mother didn't seem all that angry about the matter. She shook her head and pushed those thoughts to the back of her mind.

"No, you're wrong. We made a promise and the Little Ying I know would never break it!" She replied sternly.

Qin Ruyan was about to reply when she noticed her son's firm expression. She sighed in defeat and muttered. "Fine, go."

Rong Xiaoman nodded, as she was about to leave she heard a voice from the end of the table.

"Little Brother! I-I'll come too." Qin Zhenzhen stood up and quickly said.

Rong Xiaoman was a little hesitant but in the end agreed. "Come along then Big Sister, I'm sure Little Ying would be happy to see you after so long."

Qin Zhenzhen nodded cheerfully as she followed her little brother out of the room.

"Qin Fei." Qin Ruyan said aloud.

Qin Fei appeared beside her and asked. "Your orders Mistress." 

"Follow them, make sure they're safe and.. that they don't get into too much trouble." Qin Ruyan replied as she gestured with her hand.

"Yes Mistress." Qin Fei disappeared from the room leaving Qin Ruyan sitting alone at the dining table.

"Just my luck.. " Qin Ruyan muttered as she rubbed her temples tiredly.

 

Shitz about to hit the fan >:D

16