Chapter 11. Dot’s memory (IV)
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

------------

"Then, the ground dropped from under my feet. I knew how vulnerable I was. How brave my father and brother were pretending to be. Empty words it all it was." Dot claimed.

""I have no one to protect me", I thought to myself the same thought that I always avoided.

Until then I thought I knew what it was to be afraid. But then, I felt real fear.

During the entire period after that, I wasn't able to fall asleep at night. I would dream of the same event.

I would see him, destroying everything in his path. And finally, destroys me when he leaves nothing from what I was.

My father and brother tried to help me, talk to me about what happened so I could move on, but nothing helped.

Nothing helped because I knew that no matter what they told me, it was a lie. They are afraid of him too, and it could happen again.

It was a fact for me, as every time they mentioned his name, their voices trembled and stuttered in fear.

No matter how much my father tried to tell me we were strong, it didn't help.

How can I believe that, if at the moment of truth, their power wasn't there?” Dot asked Lin.

"They freaked out. They pissed their pants in fear. But… so do I..." he admitted as he looked shamefacedly into Lin's eyes.

"Since then, every time I would see him in the garden, I would tremble with fright.

How did they even let him go back there?

I screamed. I was afraid it would happen again.

But, despite everything and in contrast to them, the message of my father's words seeped in.

I have decided that even if they are not able to follow the words they speak, I will.

I wanted to overcome my fears. I wanted to know that despite everything, I could overcome it.

That I will be the hero who wins.

Indeed, the moment has come, and it happened again.

This time, the vortex was even bigger and scarier. If it happened inside the hall, maybe it would destroy the whole building.

As expected, everything got shredded to pieces all around.

One girl who was next to him got injured. I saw blood.

I was shaking with fear. I felt the shame in it. I felt what it felt like to be powerless, but I wasn't going to give up.

I pull myself together and concentrated. I saw the danger in front of me. I waited for the right moment, and when it came as the vortex died down, I attacked.

With one punch, I knocked him to the ground. He looked at me and saw the look in my eyes. I showed him that I was not afraid of him, and that I would be the one to defeat him, not the other way around.

Since that day, the nightmares stopped.

I gained confidence in myself, and I was no longer dependent on my brother and father.

I knew I was better than them. Because when the moment came, they couldn't do what I did. No one could.

Only I could be the one to overcome him.'' Dot recalled heroically as he balled his hand into a fist.

"Do you understand why I told you I was the only one who could beat him? I said this because I have done this in the past and not once, but several times, and I'm sure I can do it again.

I am the only one who can overcome his fear and do what is necessary even when it seems hopeless. I am the hero who will overcome his fears in the face of danger and defeat it." he said decisively.

"I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to scare you like that, but I can understand you.

The same fear you are experiencing now, I experienced when I was a child. But, it doesn't have to be that way! You don't have to keep being afraid!' Dot called urgently to Lin.

"When I'm by your side, you won't have to be afraid anymore! I will protect you! So you will never have to be afraid again!” Dot claimed in frustration as Lin looked at him with her bright eyes.

She looked at him at an examining gaze for a moment and then moved on and disappeared into the crowd of people.

Dot remained there standing as the anger and shame in his body he felt kept rising and rising to its boiling point.

His face contorted in rage as his hand became covered in bright red Energia.

"Ah!!" He shouted in frustration as he sent a furious punch to the wall next to him.

0