Chapter 13. The Eruption (IV)
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Then! The nurse! It had to be her!" He quickly realized as his thoughts were running at an incredible pace.

"I always wondered when did he entered. In all my missions with R, I was always on high alert. No matter how many spirits we encountered. I knew none of them got in. There is always the possibility that one could have entered when I was asleep, but it doesn't make sense. That power was there already. Therefore, it had to be earlier. So, that's the only time it connects. Right there. It probably wasn't an "eruption", what I experienced. It was probably the Energia that was released due to my integration with a spirit. But, the spirit couldn't have gotten there on its own. There were so many people there. There was no way they wouldn't have recognized it. Especially a spirit of his level. Therefore, it must have been man-made action. It had to be someone who let him in. Someone from inside the system who wouldn't be suspected. It can be only her.

But, if the nurse did it, the fact that she did that means they have the ability to transport spirits. Because if they can transport, they were able to put the spirit in me back when I was in the hospital. She made it look like it was me, or an outside terror attack, when all this time, it was her.

But, is she really related to them? I've never seen her in the organization… but it makes sense that they putted him inside me and marked me back then, to use me for their needs. But why me? Why did they mark me? What was it about me that they chose me on purpose? Or was it a coincidence? I mean, wouldn't anyone else who had this done to them, ask that?" he wondered to himself.

"Do I have anything to bother with this question? After all, it has already happened. I can't turn back the wheel. Not for what they did, nor for what I did following in their wake. A life I took that can't be brought back. Actions that can't be corrected.

But, maybe it's a lead. I'm stupid for not figuring this out until now. How did I not think of this? I was so preoccupied with everything that happened after that, that I completely forgot about the possibility that they inserted it back then. It had to be then. If the nurse is the one who did it, who is she?

If I want to get an answer about my past, about what really happened there and why they did it, I have to find her. I have to find that nurse." He concluded in his mind.

"I lived in loneliness for all my life. I learned what it means to rely only on yourself. Despite everything that happened, I never wanted to hurt anyone. I never had any intention of it.

They decided to implant this diamond on me. They claimed that its purpose was to suppress my Energia. That I can't use it anymore. But, honestly... I don't really think that was its real goal. There was another goal, which I think they were trying to achieve, but it didn't work out for them." Loy said with a cold look across his face.

"Anyway, the actual result of this is that I can no longer use Energia. at all. The stone on my chest acts as a blocker to the Energia that my body produces, so that the Energia cannot gather inside my body. As soon as it is created it disappears. Therefore, it was strange to me that you said you were able to feel something from me. I lack Energia completely. You shouldn't feel anything from me." he said.

Lin's quiet look turned sly. A mischievous look came over her face which looked like a cat during play time. Quickly, she jumped onto Loy's palm with both her hands. Surprised, Loy gritted his teeth.

Lin closed her eyes and concentrated, but nothing happened. She opened her eyes and looked at Loy. He looked at her with a raised eyebrow. Ambitiously, she squeezed his hand harshly as she concentrated with all her might for a few seconds until she got tired. When she opened her eyes, he looked at her again with the same look. This time, she really wondered if she was a crazy lady.

"I told you. You probably imagined it. It's not about me." Loy said with certainty. Lin looked away with an unsatisfied look.

"It's been a long day. It's getting late..." he said as he leaned on the railing, "Shall we go home?".

"Of course..." Lin replied as she wiped away the remnants of her tears. "That's too many tears for one day." she laughed out loud. "Yeah..." Loy replied with a small smile as well. "On the other hand, maybe there is something good about it. It's better than feeling nothing." he added to himself.

----------------------

In her doorway, before she went up to her house, she looked at Loy. She gave him one last smile before she went up. Loy went back to his home and laid on his bed.

"Am I dreaming? Could it be that she really came back? It doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't make sense to me!" He exclaimed amazed. "But, she did said herself she might be losing her mind, so maybe it does make sense.". he thought with a shrug.

"Could she have felt what I felt after what happened?" he speculated to himself. "It doesn't make sense to me. In the past, I used a certain technique that could recall this ability, but I invented it. No one else should be able to use it. Especially not someone like her... and without meaning to... impossible. but, she claims that she could feel a sensation from me. A feeling that no one else felt. from afar. How? I can't figure it out... it doesn't make sense...” he wondered to himself.

"But what's for sure, is that she's not normal. She's different.

She was sure she felt something. To her, that was a strong enough feeling to know that she was really there. Without doubts.

But, if she could really feel it, could others feel it as well? Maybe she's not the only one? And maybe... if they can detect it… they'll come after me?" he pondered.

"After me, you mean." said the other voice inside of him. "They couldn't care less about you. you know that. Ever since, they've been after me."

 The voice flattered himself as he smiled a haughty smile that spread across his face burning with green flames.

"You know what I meant." Loy answered irritated.

"It's about time! I've been getting really bored here lately! Before, at least we'd go on missions. See the world. What are we doing now? Going to school? Me? The most powerful spirit the world has ever known, going to school?! You realize how ridiculous it sounds?!" asked the voice in a thunderous and furious tone.

"Maybe you'll learn there not to be so cheeky." Loy answered him witfully.

"Don't push your luck too much kid. You know what will happen." The voice threatened.

Loy fell silent. He turned sideways in his bed with a cold look. He was bothered until the image of Lin flickered in his mind for a split of a second. He rolled to the other side of the bed and fell asleep with a smile.

0