Interlude 5: The Other One
746 2 36
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The following report is classified by order of the Magic and Artifacts Bureau.

 

Transcript of video found on camcorder discovered on body of victim.  Irvine, CA.

 

A brief shot of a field of tall, yellow grass at night.  Camera is turned around to see the face of its holder, identified as Andrew Hayes, a little known YouTuber who bills himself as a ghost and cryptid hunter.

 

Hayes: “Heya Disciples of the Strange!  I’m here in Irvine, California, in search of some recently minted cryptids!  Locals in the area of Orange County have recently reported sightings of numerous strange creatures.  There have been a few sightings of a creature described as a massive wolf. To make things even stranger, one incident had multiple witnesses claiming to have seen winged horses flying along the coast.  Other creatures have been sighted, often described as translucent green creatures of varying sizes and shapes. This is a spike in eyewitness reports of cryptids unlike anything we’ve ever heard of, so of course I had to come and check it out!”

 

Hayes gives the camera a wink before cutting.  The scene changes to a dirt path through a copse of trees lit only by the moon and the camera’s built-in flashlight.  Unintelligible whispers can be heard.

 

Hayes: “What was that?”

 

The camera moves forward quickly and shakily as its carrier, presumably Hayes, jogs forward down the path.  As the camera rounds a cluster of trees, an abandoned wooden shed comes into view. For two blurry frames, a figure clad in blood red is seen, then is replaced by a quadrupedal creature seemingly made from a translucent red substance.  Its face is a mass of tentacles and it rushes toward the camera. The camera is dropped to the ground before going black.

 

A handwritten note at the bottom of the transcript reads: I need to make a call to a friend. - Rick

Quick reminder: I'm going to be out of town for about a week, but I will get back to this story shortly!

36