Crazy Kaiju Mama
726 3 35
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Apologies for being slow in posting this chapter. I've been sick, and it's pretty drastically affected my energy.

 

“Mom?”

 

“Don’t you dare call me that, you bitch!” my mother screeched as she backhanded me so hard I fell to the floor.  “You DESTROYED my perfect family! You kidnapped my son, and now you’ve even seduced my husband!”

 

Fenrir leapt in between us and growled ferociously at my mother.  Mom simply kicked him aside, and he fell off the roof and crashed through a wooden shed down below.

 

“Kidnapped?”  I could hardly believe what I was hearing.  In spite of everything, she still didn’t believe me!  “You have fucking superpowers, and you still don’t realize who I am?”

 

Mom gave a deep-throated chuckle.  “It’s almost as if you genuinely believe your own crap.  You really want the world to believe you are my son. You are sick, little girl.”

 

If my head wasn’t already reeling from the blow she’d dealt me, it would be reeling from the massive logic fail that could make an eyeless cave fish cross-eyed.

 

“I’M sick?  You drank dragon blood to hunt me down for cleaning up after YOUR mistakes!  I didn’t steal anything from you! You drove everyone away!”

 

Fenrir leapt back up onto the roof, and right onto my mother’s back.  “I’m beginning to see why we have gotten along so well,” Fenrir said. “We both get along about as well with our parents as a sack of potatoes.”

 

A bright, red explosion shoved Fenrir off, and my mother jumped to her feet.  “I can see you’re going to make this difficult,” she muttered. “It would have gone so much smoother for you if you had just surrendered.”  She formed her right hand into a claw shape, digging her nails into her left wrist.

 

“What the fuck…” I whispered inaudibly.

 

Where her perfectly manicured nails dug into flesh, Mom’s wrist began to bleed, except it wasn’t blood.  Not normal blood, anyway. It was more like energy, pouring out and expanding around her. She cackled madly as the “blood” grew into a shape, larger and larger.  Soon, it was the size of a small skyscraper, and grew arms and legs. My mother hung inside the chest of a massive, vaguely humanoid form that towered over every building within sight.  It glowed a faint, blood red, and was likely visible all the way across to Long Beach harbor.

 

So much for keeping this low profile.

 

She moved her own limbs in sync with the creature she now seemed to be projecting out of herself.  Despite the etherealness of its appearance, it had a very clear weight to it, as the condo collapsed underneath us, and I fell with it.  I tumbled through the debris, shielding myself with my arms from splintered wood and breaking pipes. Miraculously, I only seemed to get away with minor scrapes and bruises.

 

Fenrir wasn’t so fortunate, however.  He let out a pained howl as the broken end of a pipe burst through his side, dripping blood.

 

“Oh, how sad,” my mother mocked.  “It seems your little dog has gotten a wittle booboo.  Serves him right. That’s what happens to ungrateful children.  You should run along back to Loki, little dog. She’s been so upset since you left.”

 

I rushed to Fenrir’s side and knelt down beside him.  “Help me get this thing out,” he growled at me, a distinct pain in his “voice.”

 

Tears streamed down my cheeks.  “Are you sure that’s safe?” I asked.  “It could aggravate the wound.”

 

“I am the Godwolf,” Fenrir reassured me.  “It takes a lot more than this to kill me.  I’m afraid I won’t be much help until I can heal, however.  Just get this piece of metal out of me, and give your mother a good smack for me.”

 

In spite of my concern, Fenrir’s words brought an ironic smile to my face.  We may not have always been on the same side of this fight, but in many ways we’re two sides of the same coin.  Soul mates, in a platonic way.

 

I grabbed hold of the pipe and pulled it loose.  Fenrir yelped in pain, but otherwise held his composure.  In moments, he was back up on his feet, limping his way out of danger.

 

I did my best to dodge a blunt, arm-like appendage that smashed the entire street.  Houses crumbled around me and shattered bits of asphalt rained from the sky.

 

“Speaking of ungrateful children,” my mother sneered.  “You’ve done nothing but disappoint me. Your father is the same way.  You’ve both betrayed me!”

 

“Listen to yourself!” I shouted incredulously.  “You can’t even seem to keep it straight who you THINK I am!”

 

That was probably a mistake.  Mom shrieked in incoherent rage and smashed both arms down over me.  I somersaulted just in time to fit in between her “arms”, but the entire block of houses crumbled around me.

 

MAB, for their part, were getting the hell out of Dodge.  This operation had gone to hell in a handbasket real quick, and they weren’t equipped to deal with my crazy kaiju mother.

 

I guess it’s time I called in the big guns.

 

I summoned my will and crafted a dragon using my power.  It was one of the biggest constructs I could create, and it barely came up to the “knees” on the one projecting out from my mother.  I guided it to fly up and assault the creature’s headless shoulders, trying to see if I could knock it over.

 

The dragon flew past, strafing the giant with greenish flames before swinging around and crashing full force into the giant’s chest, doing little more than make the enormous thing shudder.

 

“How are you doing this?” I called out.  “It wasn’t long ago you didn’t even believe in this stuff!  Now you’ve created your own magic mecha!”

 

“The Dragon sees all,” my mother bellowed ominously.  “I speak to it. It shares its power with me, and it has granted me the power to kill you!”

 

My already unstable mother has a direct link with Cthulhu.  Truly a match made in Hell. Yes, the one with two L’s. I wouldn’t be able to handle this alone.  I needed to assemble the Planeteer Scouts. The quickest way to get through to them would be to portal directly home, since trying to make a phone call in a combat situation was basically suicide.  Mom would hear me and smush me while I’m distracted.

 

I turned and bolted for a row of houses some distance away.  I needed to get myself enough distance to lose my mother in such a way that she would not immediately know where to start smashing.

 

“Running away?” my mother taunted.  “I thought you were the big, strong hero?”

 

I ignored my mother’s childish taunts and kept running.  I ducked behind the row of houses and continued running. This was the most critical part of this maneuver: I had to keep moving while out of my mother’s sight, or else she would pinpoint my position and I’d have to start all over again.  I dashed through the alley between houses, bolted across Pacific Coast Highway, and leapt a fence, finding myself in a block of houses lining the marina. Before long, Mom was smashing randomly, trying to find me.

 

Before I could summon the portal, however, she stopped.  “I don’t mind a little mindless destruction,” my mother laughed.  “But I’m not going to go hunting for you. I think I’ll just go for a nice, leisurely stroll through the bay…  I’m sure people won’t mind getting splashed!”

 

A thing that size could create a tsunami!  Worse… it could create a succession of tsunami!

35