(not)Magic Training part 3
37 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days after my adventure in the woods, Edmund took me to the basement of the building saying that I would learn magic there. For cholera, I could not understand why it was there until we were downstairs.

To call it a basement would be quite an understatement, a bit like calling an elephant a little animal.

There was a huge dome with unnaturally smooth walls at least 10 meters high and the surface was about 300 square meters. The space was filled with professional training equipment, min. treadmills, shooting ranges, barbells and weights of all kinds. At one of the walls was a desk, around which stood several modern computers connected together. There were a lot of bigger or smaller monitors on the desk itself, which reminded me of a command center, or a hiding place of some addicted player.

Edmund turned to me.

"From today, all your exercises will take place here. As for the science itself, we will start with history and types of magic. "

"Learning any theory that should last you up to three months. This is a general outline, because it can go much faster or slower, it will connect as soon as you catch it. If you can meet all my expectations, we will start the magic training, did you understand? "

"Clear and clear."

He went to the wall next to where the bookshelf was hung. He pulled out some tattered old volume and handed it to me.

The cover of the large, decorated letters was written "History of Magic".

"So let's start with the fact that magic, or rather mana itself, existed long before people appeared in the world. It has endless possibilities and applications. In places with high Mana concentration, there were often unusual species of animals, plants or strange weather phenomena. According to the opinion of some magicians, it was mana that led people to evolve into the homo sapiens known to us, but these are only theories that have no proof to support this thesis. The truth is that few people managed to master mana and form it according to their own whim. This is how the magic began to be born and with it the first magicians. Their ways of using mana were essentially different, depending on the region, beliefs or other factors. For example, the magic used by shamans in Africa is very different from the magic that is used in Europe or Asia, but it is similar to American shamans in America.

Despite individual differences in the use of magic, it can be divided into three main categories:

Elemental magic, or the nature magic, is divided into fire by water, land and air.

The magic of the Soul, which is divided into light and darkness.

Spiritual Magic, which is somewhere between the magic of the elements and the soul. "

"Hey, I have a question." I paused for a moment. There are five elements in Asia, at least in China, because there is wood and metal instead of earth. Why is it like that ?"

"I'll get there soon if you do not interrupt me. Thus, continuing magic, it is mainly divided into the magic of elements of nature and elements of the soul and spritual. However, from each Element there are derivatives that are called Aspects. For example, my main element is Water, and for its Aspects can be considered Magic of Ice, Mist Magic, or Magic of weather. By the way, I'm the best in the Aspect of Ice, which has the highest combat value.

Earth has probably the most Aspects of all elements, so it's no wonder that in China, the Aspects of the Earth are considered as separate elements. Do you understand so far, do you have any questions? "

"I have a lot of questions, but first I would like to know what you meant with this Main Element.

"That's right, I did not explain it to you more." Edmund thought about it for a moment, then replied.

"In theory, magicians can use all four elements of nature, but in practice, magicians usually use one, or two elements. This is due to the compatibility between the magician and the given element. As previously mentioned, my main element is water and let's say I use a certain amount of mana to build a high and solid wall of ice, and now imagine that using the same amount of mana, if I wanted to use fire, I could only create a small ball the size of the ball to baseball that would dissapear right away. My point is that depending on which attribute you are most compatible with, it affects how much mana you must pour into the spell and how strong its effect will be. Mages who are equally good in all elements are usually said they're just sucking in each of them, and the strength of their spells will never exceed a certain level, which is why mages usually focus on one element. "The man pointed to the book I had it in my hand. "You can read the rest in the book I gave you. Pages from 5 to 20. "

I opened the book to look at these pages, only one unexpected problem appeared.

"... Why is this book in Latin ??"

(How do you think I should read a book in a language that most people consider extinct?)

The magician as if he read in my mind answered my question.

"Look at the pages a little longer."

I looked at him, not completely understanding what would to change, but I looked at them more closely. After a minute or so, the first few tasks began to waver in front of my eyes, changing well into my familiar Polish language.

Seeing my surprised face, Edmund laughed lightly.

"This book contains magic called" Translator ", it translates both texts and spoken language into the language of the recipient. There is absolutely basic magic and one of the first spells a mage is learning while still being a Student. "

"A very useful magic ... a moment, does it mean that you also use it when you talk to me?"

"Finally, did you think? Did not it surprise you that I know your language so well, even though I do not come from Poland?

"Sincerely? No. After what I went there in the store and here you think it's the weirdest thing I've ever seen?

(I got entangled in the battle between the magicians, I almost died, then I woke up in a manor in England, I was offered to become a magician for the start, and I have two bargehests for company and guards ... Yes, definitely my life is not boring now... right!)

Because I've spent so much time here, I stopped paying attention to it.

"Edmund, I have q-"

He glared at me.

"You forget. Remember that you are my disciple, and I am your master and you have to address me master, understood !? "

That was first time I saw him so ... serious. He began to exude a cold aura, looking me straight in the eye. I was scared.

"Yes, I'm sorry ... Master."

Aura disappeared as if it never was and a smile returned to its face.

"I'm glad, so what did you want to ask?"

"Emm, if the Master, using or staying near magic, hears it too?"

"What can I hear?"

" ...Music."

He looked at me in surprise.

(I said something wrong?)

" What music? The first I hear about something like that."

"No, I'm sure. When the Master fought with the other three, I heard something like music from each of you. In addition, it differed depending on the mage. In fact, when I heard it, it saved me from turning into a burned corpse, and in this way I was able to spot you about the other two when they planned to attack you with surprise. "

When I finished speaking, I noticed that Edmund's eyes were as big as saucers, and his jaw dropped slightly.

"Is it ... so strange?" I asked surprised by his reaction.

" No I do not know. For the first time I hear about something so absurd, but if this skill saved us both, then you should be glad that you have it. "

Yes, although I do not understand how it works. "

"We have time, maybe we will come to something in this matter, but we have just strayed from the main topic!"

"Khym, Khym, so back to what I said earlier, the spell" Translator "is a spell that every magician in the world uses, regardless of what magic he uses.

"Does this mean that this spell translates every language and writing?"

"Almost, because there are exceptions, these are ciphers and an enchanted letter. This spell is not omnipotent, so it can not read ciphers, even the simplest ones, unless the caster has a key to it. As for the enchanted letter, I will cancel the "Translator" every time I try to use it. Only the one who enchanted the magazine can read it, but it is a rare skill, because only the Elder Magicians and Archmages can use them.

"Elder Magicians and Archmages? Who they are?"

"These are issues for tomorrow. Now your physical training begins. Now outside and you're doing twenty laps around the manor, and then you come back here again. "

I sighed tired of the mere thought of running, and then left the basement.

__________________________________________________

Edmund waited for Andrew to leave the cave, then sighed heavily and sat on the floor.

"First this abnormal aura and magic power, then golden eyes, and then it turns out that he is probably the Master of Summoning, and now he hears some music?"

(This kid is like a matryoshka on a reverse scale.) The more you open the more bigger surprise, I sincerely hope that nothing will surprise me.)

Although I have a feeling that it is rather a vain hopes.

1