Prologue
23 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was the final day before the academy waited for the new Spring to arrive and announce the start of the next teaching year. Graduates of the academy cheered in joy as they could truly be proud of themselves. The younger students were jittery. The end of the year meant that they can finally have a moment of peace before being thrust into the hellish curriculum.

The clamoring and cluttering of students echoed throughout the corridor. The excitement of the students, as they finally had the ability to do whatever they wanted, was apparent, nobles and commoners alike.

The bustling immediately turned to whispers when someone stepped out of the classroom clearly with a different reaction to the general body. Though, with all the people around, it might not even classify as whispering.

"It's him… Fayn Nova"

"He still hasn't been executed."

“Tsk, he’s still in this esteemed place.”

"Quiet, he can hear you."

There were numerous comments about him as he entered their view. The hundreds of students who were minding their own business turned their attention to the mysterious whether they were nobles or commoners alike.

The moment a white-haired boy in a pure white uniform like the rest of the students stepped out of the classroom, all attention was focused on him.

Friendly banter of joy, unsavory conversations of politics. It simply didn't matter.

The cause of it all was the boy in front of them. He was someone that stood on top of all the people around him. He stood above the others, but he was alone. He himself has stated his hatred for the world, whether it be demons, people, or gods.

It was a clear cutthroat rejection of the world and reality around him. And it was something that should have him branded as a heretic and executed.

He was an anomaly. No one could understand him, nor did they want to.

The atmosphere around him was sharp and felt like it could kill. His supposedly sapphire eyes reflected nothing. It held no sort of life within them. He wore a mask, revealing nothing, or perhaps there was nothing to hide. It was simply chilling.

There was nothing bad to say about his physique. He was fit and lean enough to maintain his position as the academy’s strongest.

The wave of students split in two, allowing him to walk past unhindered.

It wasn't out of awe or respect from their hearts. They simply feared to awaken the sleeping beast. It was that kind of feeling. There was no shortage of students curious about the boy, but they had to cull it before curiosity killed the cat. 

Those that had the courage to have a conversation with the boy had all naught but disappeared. It was a fact everyone knew. Though as sad and lonely as it was, he would always isolate himself from the others.

The person in question ignored his surroundings like always with his cold heart. He simply focused on his goal.

'It's finally time… The beginning.'

As if he wasn't bone-chilling enough, his eyes narrowed and the pressure felt like it would freeze hell itself.

》》《《

At the same time, the bell rang and the students were free, a red-haired boy was shouting excitedly as the carriage he rode in approached the city of his dreams.

His hair flared like a flame, the eyes being shades of orange and red. The boy’s expression was gentle and playful, looking as if he still hasn’t lost his baby face.

He raised his head at the mention of approaching the city and stood up with his trusty knapsack on his back.

"It's here! It's finally here! My chance to become a hero!"

The hot-blooded boy spoke about his dream without shame. His eyes sparkled as he couldn't wait to meet people and perhaps those he can call friends and comrades.

His behavior was clearly of an excited child. It was natural since he came from a backwater town. It was a new experience, seeing the city, and this boy was all about new experiences.

He turned his sights towards the large buildings that could be seen from afar. The Academy. It stood tall as the sun slowly set behind the building.

“Don’t fall off now, Lloyd.” 

The coachman laughed, as he knew exactly how the boy now known as Lloyd felt.

“Of course, no need to worry about me, uncle.” Lloyd simply smiled as he took in the view of the sun very slowly drifting behind the hill.

It was then, he felt a small shock. As if he met eyes with someone he was fated to meet. It was impossible to tell since he was still far away from the city, and the city itself was huge. But, Lloyd didn’t think it was imagination.

He instinctively felt that it was going to be hard becoming friends with a said person if his gut feeling was correct, but he would damned well try his very best.

Funnily enough, no one would ever know but two boys that completely differed in their paths and personalities had met with each other’s gaze despite not being able to see each other.

This feeling of a fated meeting, for some reason, lit a fire within the boy’s heart.

‘I will definitely become a hero. I will save the world!’ He said with all his belief as he raised his hand and grasped the light.


The lengths of the chapters will be short (I will attempt to write 1k words each chapter at least) because that's just how I write. I hope it was interesting enough to catch a smidgen of your attention.

Thanks for reading.

Incorporate some sort of system like a RPG?
  • Yes Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't really care Votes: 3 100.0%
Total voters: 3
2