Chapter 2: Idle Days [1]
14 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was now the first day of vacation. Although the academy is on break, Rundrus Academy is still open to students and alumni. Since the academy values independency, the academy provides tasks or missions to be completed for rewards, similarly to how the Adventurer’s Guild works. Just like the Adventurer’s Guild, the students could be divided in terms of their ranks; D, C, B, and A. There’s also the special S-rank but anyone who reached the rank is considered inhuman.

The students that weren’t so well off in terms of money also took advantage of this system to pay for their tuition at the academy.

Of course, that meant that the staff still had to work, even on off days. In particular, there were two staff members currently seated in an extravagant office with a student. It should be obvious who this particular student is.

“Do you have anything else to add, Fayn Nova?” The older staff member asked with a stern eye. 

Fayn analyzed the other party in front of him. The man sat in the office chair with his shoulders relaxed. Despite sitting down, one could tell that the man’s build was large, and was beyond average height. His eyes held no hesitation and his stern expression allowed no tomfoolery. This was the principal of the academy.

As expected of the principal who earned military achievements, despite his old age and greying hair, Fayn could feel the pressure exuded from his thoroughly built body just by being in his presence. 

“I do not, Principal Zeke,” Fayn replied with some formality. It was only proper to do so when facing someone on a whole different level. He simply could not see how strong the man known as Drayden Zeke was, and that was him without any sort of mana being released.

Tick. Tock. The sound of the grandpa clock’s arm swinging seemed to go on forever.

There was tension between the two parties as they stared, sizing each other’s intentions.

“Very well,” The first to break the silence was Drayden as he closed his eyes and nodded, “You have done well.”

Seeing that the conversation was now done, the teacher who had been silent thus far began to speak in an easygoing tone.

“Then, we shall take our leave~”

》》《《

“Phew~ To think a demon managed to go through the barrier undetected.”

Fayn turned towards the teacher when she began to speak. In his eyes, he saw the soft pink hair that seemed to flow endlessly and the blue eyes that looked like they were carved from gems. Her figure was similar to a growing student’s rather than an adult’s yet she could still be considered elegant. If it weren’t for her ears, she could’ve easily been compared to elves that were known for their beauty.

“Jeez. Are you listening?” As if knowing what Fayn was thinking, she spoke out while pouting.

‘Aren’t you an adult…? Why are you acting like a young girl…’ Fayn thought but decided to curb it before any problems arrived.

“Yes, Ms. Elysia,” He gave a curt reply even though it could be considered rude.

Rosa Elysia, a young teacher by the staff’s standards, began teaching at Rundrus Academy a few years ago. Unlike her gentle and playful nature, she was quite strong and famous in her own right. As the youngest adventurer to achieve A-rank at the age of 16, her skills were to be admired since becoming an A-rank was not obtained by luck.

“Don’t call me Ms. Elysia. Call me Ellie instead!” Rosa bent forward and pointed at Fayn, nearly touching the tip of his nose. He didn’t react much, despite being in a position that would spread rumors.

“How was he?” Fayn seemingly ignored her, instead asking about the condition of the boy he left in the forest. 

Although Fayn was apathetic, and actually hated the world and was cynical, he was by no means about to leave innocents to die. It was because of a promise he made to someone a long time ago, and that promise could be considered a curse to him. Still, he kept his word.

“Hmph. Well, he’s not in a fatal condition. He has a few bruises and cuts but nothing too serious,” Rosa said clearly displeased that she was ignored, “It seemed like Lloyd managed to fend the demon off until they got impatient too.”

‘It’s strange how there weren’t any signs of mana activation, to begin with.’ This was left unsaid, as it wouldn't do as an educator to cause some unrest in a student.

It was no surprise that she also felt the spike of mana from the demon. There weren’t many things that could escape her senses completely.

“Lloyd?” Fayn raised a brow. He never heard of anyone called Lloyd before, but then again, he didn’t remember many students that attended the academy.

“Yep~ That’s his name. He’ll be attending the academy as a freshman starting next year,” Rosa gave a knowing smile that was too bright for Fayn, “Be sure to take care of him, okay, Senior?”

Fayn could only click his tongue in response.

“I’m going,” he said, averting his gaze from Rosa, and headed in the direction of the student’s hub.

“Okay. Take care of yourself, Fayn~” She waved him goodbye until he was no longer in sight.

‘It’s not good to keep it in, you know?’ Ellie (she likes calling herself that) thought, “It wasn’t your fault.’

She lowered her hand with a sad smile as she thought of the boy who continued to torment himself. It didn’t help that pretty much no one understood Fayn nor tried to, although that was mainly due to the wall he had built around his heart.

“Mmm, you’re a sinful boy, Fayn. Seducing a teacher like that!”

She said quite cheerfully with a fistbump even though he didn’t do anything of note at all. There was no reasoning to her statement-- this was the unpredictable teacher known as Rosa Elysia.


This chapter introduced some more world-building and characters! There is also some insight into the character known as Fayn Nova. How did I do? And it also seems like Lloyd isn't as helpless as he was shown to be, although he would feel kinda lackluster when compared to Fayn. After all, it wouldn't be right for a protagonist to start off strong in an RPG right?

If you've noticed, yes, I do like me some Honkai Impact characters. Also, there are really nice novels out there on scribblehub that really tickle my fancy. One in particular right now is The Wingman's Rebellion by yessac. Definitely check it out if you haven't and would like a nice read in a fantasy, somewhat modern world.

Thanks for reading as always!

Is the world-building interesting so far?
  • Yes Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Why is there an isekai tag? Votes: 0 0.0%
  • :ramsmug: Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0
0