[Arc 1] Chapter 36: Battle for the Crown: From what Kaiju Movie did That Come From?!
6.7k 11 154
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Kukuku. Mwa-hahahaha! No way such a primitive system can handle a modern demon like me!

I've successfully hacked into the T-Rex-Console, and it's just what I was expecting, the Console that supervises the dungeons purification ability. Not that it had any security to protect it, like Skvalv's PC. Is that normal for other-world machines?

Now, I have the ownership of one-third of the outsourced dungeon functions. The good news is, there's no way to check if the user has changed, nor do I think the dragon cares about checking since the ownership of the Console was set to automatically change to the Glavras monster that killed the former owner, or tell the dragon about it in case something else did it.

Makes you think of Chinese Gu bug. It works by putting lots of different poisonous insects into a jar, and let them kill each other till there's just one survivor. The survivor will have the strongest poison and said poison would be used for a curse.

In this case, it will result in a stronger guardian, which again will protect the Console until it's killed by a stronger Glavras monster. And in case that fails, the control will just go back to the dragon. Not that it will help against someone who could snag the control directly from the Console.

The bad news, this hunk of junk can only start and stop. It's a good thing that I can stop that crazy purification power, but I wanted to be able to reverse it instead. Like, powering up my poisons instead of weakening it till it's negated. Guess you can't make a cake and also eat it. Damn, now I want cake...

Still, with this, my poisons won't disappear the moment it touches the river. It will only disappear when the dungeon boss uses its purification magic on it, and understand somethings up. Haaahh...

Good thing I managed to make that secret weapon. It wasn't easy, collecting the-.

*booom...*

Huh, what was that? Did someone drop a bomb somewhere? The only place you could hear that would be from the river area. Virt didn't have any explosion-type skills when I appraised him. And there's no way he has enough points to buy something in the middle of the fight. Not that any explosion-moves are any good. The blast-damage would hit the audience, so you would have to be either a complete idiot or a scum-!?

Oh crap! I got a bad feeling about this!

---

I quickly locked the Console so that anyone else than me couldn't access it, and made haste towards the river area, hearing new explosion louder, and louder, the closer I came to the area.

When I reached the exit of the tunnel, I thought I've made the wrong turn somewhere. The river area had turned into a ground zero, like for real this time. And the culprit, you guessed it, is the T-Rex again.

He's covered with cuts, none of them are fatal, but with that number of cuts, who cares about the depth of them. The T-Rex would have bled to death with that amount. Virt must have had the upper hand in the fight, before THIS happened:

=====================================================================

SKILL LIST

Ability Skills: [HP Auto-Recovery LV2] NEW [STR Enhancement LV50 (MAX)] 

Attack Skills: [Explosion Attack LV10] NEW [Heavy Bite LV50 (MAX)]

Active Skills: [Massive Force LV45] 

Resistance Skills: [Water Resistance LV50 (MAX)] [Explosion Resistance LV7] NEW

Leadership Skills: [Tyrant LV50 (MAX)]

Racial Skills: [Pure Water Dependency LV45] 

Elements: [Greater Water Element LV16] 

=====================================================================

The meathead bought explosion skills! [Explosion Attack] is working with the same principles as [Poison Attack]: adding the explosion-attribute to any attacks, except mystical ones like magic. And to survive the backlash of the skill, the T-Rex also obtained the [Explosion Resistance] to lessen the damage.

And as the icing on the cake, there's [HP Auto-Recovery] to get rid of all the wounds. Most of them have already closed up, with only scars left to show there have been cuts there at all. The remaining ones are almost healed as well, making the T-Rex practically as good as new.

The T-Rex's skill points are down to zero now, probably because the skills have a bad affinity with himself. He must also have used the reminding points to beef up the new skills.

It might have been an impromptu move, but it's paying off. Virt is especially weak to the explosion attacks, as they've both the power to break the swords Virt summons, [Bio-Blades] included, and the fire generated from the explosions are burning away the poison that infected the T-Rex.

This ain't looking too good for Virt; his swords are getting broken, the poison burned away, the few hits that do hit are getting healed before they can count, and don't come and suggest using [Hydrokinesis] against this guy. He's got [Pure Water Dependency] if you don't remember.

Any close-range attacks will get met with an explosion counter unless you can stop the T-Rex's movements for enough time to lay a strong hit on him. The only other way is through long-range tactics, but Virt isn't that good with [Darkness Magic]. Sure, it's enough to crush the peons, but not against this guy. And, you need to not worry about the surroundings as well.

As if to prove my point, there are many raptors are lying down everywhere in the area, all of them with horrible burns. Some of them are even carbonized. That must be...

*Chomp!* *KA-BOOM!*

Whoa?! The T-Rex suddenly chomped on his jaws, and exploded his mouth! A mistake, or not!? The explosion in its mouth created enough fire to recreate a dragon's fire breath! Virt dodged the attack... or not? Quite the opposite, he chose to take the breath head on! 

Ah, he's covering for the raptors that can't escape. The T-Rex doesn't care if its subordinates get caught in the crossfire. No, I think that's his goal. When I appraised his skills, I saw that his level had gone up by one, definitely because of the charred raptor corpses. He must have aimed at his own raptors to recover with a level up. 

Sure, aiming at your subordinates is unsuspecting, yes, you will gain EXP even that way, yes, that can be considered something a tyrant would do but isn't all of that, pretty pathetic?

If you want to live like a villain, you should take your defeat like one as well. Did the T-Rex even consider what he should do after the fight? There would be no one left who would follow him, and even if they did, they would just look for a chance to aim for the T-Rex's life. Seriously, a stupid idea. 

Virt, on the other hand, couldn't just stand still and watch the raptors siding with the T-Rex getting cremated like that. So kind, Virt banzai! While we're on the subject, where did the rebel raptors go to? Not to mention the sahuagins and Riri? I can still see Sent over there, guarding some heavily burned raptors. They're still alive, while barely. 

The other members of the herd must have retreated into the tunnels, taking the surviving enemy raptors with them. Sure, even if they're on the opposite side, there's no reason to let them become BBQ. I would have done the same, even if the real reason was to prevent the T-Rex from getting EXP.

How does the T-Rex make that breath anyway? Don't tell me that the low-level resistance skill can overcome the strain to the jaws. Wait, wasn't there something about that in the T-Rex's skills?

=====================================================================

Skill: Heavy Bite

Skill type: Attack skill

Effect:

  • Increased damage when using bite attacks.
  • Increased passive strength to jaws and teeth.
  • Increased durability to jaws and teeth.

=====================================================================

The most useless skill had this potential?! No wonder the T-Rex can produce that explosion breath like it's going out of fashion. That's one hell of a loophole, not so different from my own [Concentration]. Even the strangest, or weakest, skills can play an important role.

But yeah, this isn't the time to challenge the T-Rex to an honorable one-on-one. The opposite side isn't worth the effort to keep it fair. Unfortunately, Sent has his hands full protecting and evacuating the last raptors, around 300 of them. From the tunnels, I can detect Riri's medicine magic going for full. She's gonna be bone-dry for MP by the time she's healed all the raptors.

Don't even joke about having any raptors or sahuagins to back Virt up. They're just gonna end up as causalities. Is there no one here who can..., oh wait. I can help.

It's just, I left the dino-trio not only to look after the entrance but also because I didn't want to take over the dino-trios life. Someone like me shouldn't tell them how to live their lives. I only helped them when they were in a slump. Sure, much stuff becomes way bigger than I expected, but even so, the protagonists in their life are themselves. I'm happy with just being a supporting character that teaches them stuff.

However, this isn't a situation that I can just walk away from. But I can't let them become dependent on me doing all their hard work either. Hmm, if I could just distract the T-Rex, like, for a moment, then Virt could take that chance and decapitate the T-Rex in one slash. No, I know he can do it! I'm believing in you now Virt, big time!

And for distractions, there's only that move that fits the bill...

154