[Arc 2] Chapter 27: Rodeo and Jailed Demon
4.6k 21 124
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"JUST STOP ALREADY!" - Garami

The beefcake had run from the temple as if it was on steroids! And this thing's fire skills are burning away the poison that I inflict it with! Even its blood feels scolding, or better said, it is!

 "Dark Drain! And one more!" - Garami

The only two things that have kept me on this beefed rodeo machine is my many spider limbs, that are good at grasping stuff, I may add, and my Darkness magic. The Dark Drain spell absorbs energy such as light or heat, and convert it to SP for me. Why a magic spell increases someone's stamina is out of my understanding, but thanks to it, I could keep myself on the bison, despite having infiltrated and fought against cultists the whole night.

As luck would have it, I could control the bison to some extent through my spider limbs, so I made it go towards the direction of the city of Velantas. The plan was to have it fall down the canyon, then jump off, but it was the one who jumped. Across the whole freaking canyon!

Therefore, I had no other choice than to keep myself riding it, till it was too exhausted to move anymore. Dark Drain got rid of the damaging effect of whatever fire skill the bison used, and since [MP Auto-Regeneration] covered the small amount I used for the spell, I could keep this going all night. Mental tiredness notwithstanding, of course.

But, won't I pass the city if this continues? Poisons won't work, and the heat is too much for my threads. They keep on catching fire all the time, forcing me to hold on with only my limbs. So, how do I stop this thing?

Then, the idea came to me; it's faster to show it than to explain it.

I lirked myself from the lower end of the bison's back, which I had landed on when I jumped on it at the temple, towards the head of the bison. Carefully, carefully, care-*CRASH*-!

The bison just crashed into a rock! The impact almost threw me off! That was too close! But, I'm good. Kept a good grip on its fur. 

With some more Dark Drains in between, I kept on closing in on the head of the bull. When I finally arrived, I transformed two of my spider limbs into one single, elongated one. With this new limb, I placed it right behind the mouth of the bison, and created a charging-type sigil, instead of the trap-types I had used on the gun turrets before.

"Sigil: Create Ashes!" - Garami

Thanks to the sigil, the beginner spell produced tons of ashes, which most of it found its way into the mouth of the bison, making him choke on it, and as an extension, stop its charge. Not that I'm gonna stop now that I have the advantage!

While still on top of the bison, I remade another two spider limbs and made another "Create Ashes"-sigil. This dose of ash went into the bison's nostrils, stopping its breathing there too. As a finisher, I plastered some sticky web on its nose and mouth, and that's all.

With the job done, I jumped off the bison and waited for it to suffocate at a safe distance. Ten seconds. Thirty. A minute...

=====================================================================

SYSTEM MESSAGE:

EXP has reached the required amount.

Garami has reached LV7

Life attributes have been recovered.

All basic attributes have increased.

0.5 skill point(s) acquired.

=====================================================================

Thanks for the announcement, but I think that seeing the bison collapse like that gave it off. And another level, that's the second one I got due to this whole temple-business. There was something else that came up under the ride, but it happened right when the bison jumped over the canyon, so I couldn't see what it was. To see what was different, I self-appraised myself while placing the bison into the storage.

=====================================================================

Garami

Race: [Kur Kigal]   | Level: 7

Karma Value: -200 "Chaotic"

Skills: 80

Titles: 23

Skill points: 9.0

 

Main Class: Assassin LV19

Sub Class: Black Mage LV5

Sub Class: Tamer LV4

Sub Class: none

 

HP: 245/245   | MP: 565/565   | SP: 300/300

STR: 233   | VIT: 128   | MAG: 301

RES: 256   | SPD: 380 + 65  | DEX: 379 + 40

INT: 120   | LUC: 150

=====================================================================

......Karma value... -200?

Like, WHY?! I saved a group hostages from being used to make tar-undeads, aka, Draugr. Can't the guys that are supervising the karma be a little relaxed in situations like this? No? Tch.

A good thing is that all the skills got a level-up-fever during the heist, especially [Darkness Magic], which is at LV20 or more at the moment, due to spamming Dark Drain on the bison. Using skills against a stronger target is always more profitable after all.

One of the two new titles I've gotten were [Ruin Breaker]. Well, no surprise there. The thing gives an increase to attack power while inside ruins, and the skill [Excavating]. Hey! Whoever added the skill to the title, go and apologize to all the archaeologists in the world, right this instance!

Ugh, my head's hurting already, and there's one more title after this? The [Excavating] skill is something that improves how well one can dig up buried stuff. A skill that both archaeologists and pirates would want. It can also improve one's intuition about where stuff with value is buried.

Oh, and the third thing the title gave me, was a minus 50 to the karma value. AS IF I WASN'T IN THE RED ALREADY!

"Halt! Hands up where I can see them!" - Old voice

And what now? I turned around and came face-to-face with an old man with an impressive, gray mustache. He, along with some younger folks, was dressed in cheap, but durable, armor. The old man, probably the leader based on his attitude, pointed an old spear at me while repeating:

"I said, hands up where I can see them! We do not have all night!" - Old Guard

"Fine, fine," I answered the old man while putting my hands up. I had already turned human again by the time the bison bit the... dust.

"Alright, Missy. Do you know what you're accused of?" - Old Guard

'Accused of?' Did this guy eat something past its expiration date?

"Unless under direct order and supervision from the local government, one is not allowed to lead monsters that have the capability of destroying the city walls. Show us your ID card first, then we will listen to what you have to say. If not, you will have to spend the night in the cells, get it?" - Old Guard

......ID card?

---

"This is a scheme! I was tricked! Get me a lawyer!!" - Garami

"Oh, be quiet! A big shot is coming to inspect the walls tomorrow. See if you can make him believe that crazy story of yours. *Hmph* 'BB's', what are people thinking these days..." - Old Guard

"I'm innocent! I was framed! I was... get back here!" - Garami

But the old man left without turning back. It could be worse. I was given dinner, or a midnight snack would be more acute, by the younger guards, and this cell is the most luxurious room I've ever been in. Ouch, that's too sad. And it was me who mentioned it...

What. Ever! Who cares that I've lived a life worse than your regular criminal! I can bust myself out whenever I want to! I just decide not to, as I'm not fancying the thought of life on the run from the authorities.

They didn't do anything to keep me from using my skills and magic. Do they not have anything like that? The securities of this other world are kinda lacking, or not. I forgot about it, but Carion had some nasty mana-draining restricts on him when I first met him. 

Maybe it's only the old man who's too serious about his job then? The other guards gave me some supper and softer beddings than what should be expected of a prison cell. Hey, won't that mean that I have a good shot at getting out scot-free tomorrow?

While I'm getting excited over getting to show the old man in his face tomorrow, I'm getting sleepy. Garami has done too much today, so she's gonna sleep. Just wanna check exactly what the last title does.

=====================================================================

Title: [True Chaos]

Acquisition condition: Achieve a negative Karma Value of 200.

Effects:

  • Increases the difficulty in raising one's Karma Value
  • Eases the difficulty in decreasing one's Karma Value 
  • Make the acquisition of the [True Order] title impossible.
  • Unlocks Advanced Classes related to negative Karma.

Description: The one who does not care about law and order, that is the one who deserves the title of [True Chaos]!

=====================================================================

.........I didn't see anything! Good night!

Kigal-Note/Classes: Karma Classes

Among the many Advance Classes that exist, the rarest, and most powerful ones, are locked under strict requirements.

These can be anything, from the need of several classes with a high level, being of a specific race, having completed a special Quest, or owning a specific title.

The True Karma titles, [True Order] and [True Chaos] are examples of titles needed for Advance Classes. The difference between these two titles and other titles is that the two True Karma titles enable the acquisition of several classes, instead of just one.

The classes attainable through owning the [True Order] title are classes related to honorable and righteous occupations, such as Pope, Royal Knight, or Heaven Caller.

Classes unlockable through the [True Chaos] title, however, are occupations that can be considered worse than Criminal classes. The acquisition of these classes are not forbidden by law, despite the owners of said classes are not the easiest to live together with. Classes that have [True Chaos] as an acquisition requirement include Asura, Cursed Knight, Wicked Shaman, and Ripper. 

As seen with the last example, [True Chaos] can be necessary for some criminal classes.

Mira's comment: Have to agree that "Chaos"-holders are troublesome to live with.

124