Chapter 5: Predator
377 3 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After some time had passed and evening had arrived, Edwin observed that it was approaching the appropriate time for the Viscount to come back from her office. Because he had nothing else to do, he got up, and walked towards the room where the viscount was staying. He did not know exactly when she would come back, but he did not have anything else to do.

After doing some investigation, he found out that the viscount's husband had passed away and that her only son currently attended Royal Academy and only occasionally visited home.

Indeed, the way forward is unambiguous.

He approached the room of the viscount while chuckling to himself on the inside. Upon observing that she had not yet returned, he made the decision to wait for her while seated in front of the room.

...

"Edwin? What exactly are you doing here? "

It did not take very long for the Viscount to return, along with two maids. She exhibited a look of surprise on her face when she noticed Edwin sitting in front of her room, and she inquired about what was going on.

"O-Oh nothing m-mam, I — I just thought that you would be tired after working for such a long period of time, so I decided to come here and check if there is anything I can help you with... I'm sorry if I caused any inconvenience." As Edwin answered, he stumbled over his words and, of course, he didn't forget to look at her face before quickly averting his eyes in embarrassment and displaying a faint blush.

The Viscount flashed a grin and questioned "Oh? What exactly can you assist me with?"

"I-I am able to give you a shoulder massage... It will help you relax..." Edwin responded while maintaining a downward gaze.

Viscount let out a chuckle as she struggled to suppress the strong desire to tease this boy. She walked toward Edwin with a bewitching smile on her face, her face only a half finger's distance away from Edwin's as she questioned him.

"Why are you looking at something below you? Are you unable to look at me because of my appearance?"

"No! You are just too beautiful! AHH! I-I mean no, that's not it, no, I mean you are beautiful but um mm" Edwin became anxious when he looked up and noticed that her face was too close to his. He attempted to back away from her but slipped and fell to the ground. Unable to provide an explanation for what happened, Edwin chose to keep his gaze on the ground.

The Viscount's smile spread across her face as she knelt down in front of Edwin and asked him a question. When they saw this, not only the Viscount but also the two maids who were following her laughed.

"Are you trying to tell me that I am ugly ?"

"N-No"

"Then you think that I have a beautiful appearance?"

"Yes"

As she continued to question, Viscount's smile grew wider.

"Are you hitting on me?"

"N-No! I didn't mean it like t-that! I-I-"

"Hahaha!" After noticing the startled expression on his face, the Viscount let out a hearty laugh. Then, in order to get his attention, she flicked her finger on his forehead and then she responded.

"I was just kidding around with you, so there's no need to get so worked up about it. As for you massaging me, I don't know why you're waiting so long to do that. Stay in my wake."

After making that statement, the viscount got up and went back to her room, doing so with a very contented expression on her face. Edwin obediently followed her back there as well.

Naturally, nobody noticed the tiniest, barely perceptible smile that was playing across his face.

A grin of the predator.

8