Chapter 8: Something feel strange !
293 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Viscount Kerina started the day with an unusually upbeat disposition as she headed toward her office. Because she holds the rank of viscount, the majority of the responsibilities are delegated to her subordinates. Obviously, that does not imply that she does nothing else at all.

She is more like a CEO in the sense that she manages everything and is responsible for everything around her.

On the other hand, she has been incredibly busy over the past few days.

This is the final week of the eighth month and also the week in which the viscount is required to put in significantly more effort than usual because she is unable to delegate the responsibility of tax collection to her subordinates.

She is required to read reports regarding the total amount of taxes collected, strategies for dealing with individuals who have not paid their taxes, and other related topics.

She took a seat in her chair, and a few minutes later, a man who was dressed in a black coat over a white shirt approached her and bowed. He was standing a few feet away.

"Greetings, Viscount Kerina." He was Johann, the butler of Viscount Kerina.

Kerina nodded, and Johann got the conversation going.

As a result of the drought, the farmers won't be able to make their tax payments this month. They claim that they used all of their savings to pay the tax bill that was due last month, and that, as a result, they can hardly afford food at the moment. I sent some of my men to investigate the situation, and they confirmed that what the farmers had said was accurate, and that things were indeed difficult for them.

Kerina gave a short nod, and then she closed her eyes. She maintained her silence so as not to divert her attention from what she was thinking, and a few minutes later, Viscount Kerina spoke.

"All right, take their lands and exempt them from paying taxes for the entire upcoming year," he said.

When Johann heard that, his eyes widened, and he retorted, "But Viscount, the land that they own has a lot more value than the tax that they owe us." "Aren't we just trying to blackmail them?"

"Of course not, those farmers are complete idiots," she said. They will sell their land to someone else at a lower price just to pay the taxes for the next few months, and then they will become homeless and have nothing to do because they will have no other option. If we make them pay the tax, they will.

Therefore, it is in your best interest to take possession of their land.

Naturally, we won't be physically taking the notes, but we will keep a record of them nonetheless. We will give the farmers permission to farm on them, and if they pay taxes that are 10% higher than what they have been paying for the next 12 years, we will give them back their lands.

Regarding the payment of the taxes, the Treasury should be used.

Johann was enlightened and quietly praised Viscount Kerina for coming up with this plan, but soon he furrowed his brows and asked, "Why didn't you think of this sooner?"

"But what if the drought returns in the next twelve years? The question is, "What should we do then?"

We will simply lengthen the amount of time that they are required to make additional tax payments. No big deal." Kerina made a nonchalant motion with her hands, and Johann couldn't help but be awestruck by the clarity of her vision.

"I think it's best if I leave this decision up to you at this point."

"That is correct, Viscount Kerina!" Within the next couple of days, I'll have the report to you!" Johann nodded, his manner remaining unaltered.

...

The meeting carried on, and as more time passed, the viscount continued to feel an increasing level of unease. She snuck up on her sister and lowered her head, at which point she felt something strange twitch inside her younger sibling.

She rubbed her thighs against each other in an attempt to alleviate the strange sensation, but nothing changed. She was so powerless that she chose to ignore this and keep listening to the reports instead.

"Viscount Feron Owain has inquired as to whether or not nine in the morning is an acceptable time to get together."

"Hmm? Meet up? Do we have plans to get together the next day?

Before providing a response, Johann furrowed his brows in bewilderment and said,

"Viscount, the daughter of Marques Matheo is turning 21 today, and they have plans to throw a party in her honor." A week ago, we were sent the invitation, and I believe it would be rude to the Marques if we didn't accept their invitation and attend the event.

After that, Kerina thought back to when she had read the invitation letter, and she nodded. She is only a viscount, so she cannot afford to offend someone of Marques's stature; therefore, she has no choice but to go there. Also, this party will have some kind of political significance because many nobles who haven't decided which prince they would support will appear there, and it is speculated that even the princes will attend. This is one of the reasons why this party will have some sort of political importance.

"All right, please let her know that I will be ready by the time the clock strikes nine, and that we will depart before 9:30. We simply do not have the luxury of being late. Additionally, have you given any thought to the presents?

"Viscount, you do not need to be concerned about that at all because I have already prepared it."

Kerina acknowledged the statement with a nod and then said, "Alright, you are free to take a break now." After an interval of two hours, we will return to our conversation.

"As you command,"

In spite of the fact that he was aware that today's break was both earlier and longer than usual, he didn't give it much thought before bowing before leaving the building.

The solemn expression that had been on the Viscount's face changed as soon as Johann walked out of the room, and she quickly lifted her gown before inserting her finger into her canal and beginning to pleasuring herself.

"Haah, what the heck is going on... What is this tingling sensation that I'm getting? This has never taken place before...'

While she was masturbating, she had the feeling that something was missing despite the fact that it felt really good. Suddenly, a face that had been flashing before her eyes, over and over again, made another appearance in her mind.

She eventually regained her composure, adjusted her attire, and placed a call to her maid.

"Call Edwin"

The maid bowed as she was leaving the room.

After some time had passed, a young man with a face from another world entered the office and said in a hushed voice,

"How are you this afternoon, mam?"

She flashed a grin and motioned for him to take a seat on the chair that was next to her.

"Edwin, do you recall how I was able to assist you this morning?"

Edwin's cheeks turned bright red as he awkwardly nodded his head.

"Now I need your assistance with-"

"Of course! You have complete control over the tasks that I complete. I assure you that I will make every effort to fulfill your requirements! Edwin had already stood up and provided his response before Kerina had even finished the sentence.

6