Beast Core
276 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Getting off the ground, Elric dusted his body looking at the somewhat unusual crystal on the ground. Upon further inspection, he realized there seemed to be a giant corpse beneath it. taking a deep breath he turned and shouted.

"hey, George come over here!" George who was getting ready for his nap was rather annoyed by the sudden call.

"what is it Elric aren't you the one that said we need to sleep?" dragging his feet he mumbled

"just keep quiet and look, what is that?" Elric pointed at the glowing crystal curiously. "It seemed to be produced naturally be the creature's death!"

As he reached out to touch it he suddenly remembered something.

Following the habits of his past life, Elric immediately said: "A.I. Chip! Scan this crystal and analyze its components!"

[Beep! Task Established! Begin Scan!]

[Discovered unknown components. Starting simulated experiments!]

[Experiments complete! The crystal has a slight chance of strengthening the human body other functions are currently unknown]

"?!" Looking at the results of the experiment, Elric was stunned. "he wasn't expecting it to still have a role on the human body."

"Hey Elric!, what are you mumbling about?" hearing the sudden voice in his ear he realized his bad habit seems to have taken over again.

"It's nothing, George by the way what is that?" pointing over to the Crystal on the ground.

However, he soon had the feeling of being a fool because he had just seen it somewhere.  "never mind George let's talk in the morning". Although confused George didn't argue he just left

"It seems the young master is going crazy, I should keep an eye on him," mumbling George went to sleep

"You crazy! your whole family is crazy!" complained Elric as he twitched his mouth

Looking at the crystal on the ground he seemed to have seen it in the book just now. "A.I. Chip! Scan this book and record its contents!"

[Task Established! Begin Scan!]

[Discovered unknown radiation on the surface of the book]

[Increased time to complete procedure]

[10%.....15%.....20%]

"well at least it doesn't seem so slow" with that said he continued to study the crystal as he awaited the count down.

"However, according to the current situation, it seems that the certainty that whatever this beast was, after its death, it produced some radiation and formed this crystal-like substance" feeling to have discovered something important a certain feeling of excitement flushed through Elric's' body.

Calming his breath as various thoughts went through his head, he once again touched the book with a faint look of expectation for the future.

The book was dark red and worn out seemingly made from the skins of another unknown beast. With a crude drawing of a sword slashing the stars. the interior pages however did not seem to be from something he could recognize.

"With the current technological advancements of primitives, it is impossible to create paper. It seems there are still many things to be discovered in this world"

Elric muttered to himself, suddenly a familiar ring sounded

[Task finished! Scan results complete!]

[Data base updated! should the knowledge be transferred to the main brain?]

"Finally it's done" Elric breathed a sigh of relief. But after he heard the A. I's second prompt his face became dignified. It was not his first time transferring knowledge directly to his brain he still had to ask as a precaution given to humans back on the blue star by the federation. "A.I. Chip! what would happen if all knowledge is transferred to my brain directly"

[Simulating results! Simulation complete!]

[The host has a 99% chance to get Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)]

"As I'd thought! back then when the chips were first released a lot of people wanted to download a lot of knowledge into their heads however, this led to the degeneration of motor neurons in the brain interfering with messages to muscles in the body due to the sudden influx of knowledge and stress on the brain. It was like everyone was turned into a Stephen Hawking duplicate!" Elric sighed thankfully he was still cautious, unlike other travelers who after transmigration feel they are the protagonist.

"However if I increase my strength I should be able to withhold more knowledge. This body of mine is truly too weak! It cannot even compare to those of the same age. That will not do."

"If it were my past life, I could still undergo electro muscular strengthening or genetic modification. Alas, sadly there's no way to get access to any of those". It seems there's another reason to get stronger ."

Elric thought to himself once again, then found a comfortable spot to rest, thinking out aloud in his mind: "A.I. Chip! Scan the entirety of this body's memories along with the book and arrange it!"

[Task Established! Starting arrangement!]

Now, as Elric gave the command, his whole life flashed before his eyes, from birth to his being the young master everyone feared and envied till the point where the village was destroyed were all displayed in front of Elric's eyes with the A.I. Chip's assistance.

Every single memory, From his first word spoken till his last command to the A.I.

Such a large mass of memory was just too confusing, thankfully they were memories he already had and just flashed back due to the scanning. thankfully it ended quickly

[Data sorting has been completed!] The A.I. Chip notification sounded out.

"Create a new file, named 'Elric', and save it!" Elric gave a new order.

[File created - Elric!]

"Create another file, named 'ancestral inheritance', and save it!"

[File created - ancestral inheritance]

"New task, search the  ancestral inheritance file for all knowledge regarding this crystal"

[task Established. Begin Search!]

In front of Elric, Large amounts of data flashed past, seemingly forming a beautiful picture.

[Search Complete! Search Results - result found beast core!]

"beast core?" Elric paused a while as he thought. "Explain all matters regarding beast cores"

[Three results were found. beast core. 1. A crystal that resides in the body of powerful beasts upon the death of a beast with a beast core  2. beast core would absorb a large number of unknown energies from the air and grow bigger 3. commonly used for sacrifice to the Gods]

"The Gods!" anything that can arouse the Gods' interest must be important. "Wasn't George the son of the village priest? he should know a lot about it" Just as he was about to call George he noticed that he was the only one awake apart from Davis who kept watch.

watching everyone sleeping uncertain hope filled his heart for tomorrow. although they may be few but has the confidence to at least make everyone live better with his knowledge from the future. at least there won't be hygiene issues and once the analysis of the crystal is done he may even find the key to human evolution, even though his ancestors couldn't do it he has faith in his technical skills and adds his chips that surpass the current era. Where others had to practice multiple times he could make countless accurate simulations via the chip. While daydreaming Elric didn't seem to notice the strange shadow that enveloped his back.

4