Chapter 9: Admission
8.3k 6 237
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After talking with Xiao Zhan and the others in the hall for a while, and hearing about quite a few experiences from walking around the continent, Xiao Ming returned to his independent courtyard with a good harvest.

During his journey, in addition to the 30,000 gold coins, he also harvested a low-level Xuan rank fire attribute Dou Technique, as well as several high-level Huang Class Dou Techniques.

In addition, low-grade healing and qi return pills were also sold in the Xiao Family market.

Overall, he was very well prepared, and it could be said that nothing was too much.

Sitting on the bed, he put all these things in the Storage Ring on his neck, Xiao Ming stretched out and lay on his back on the bed.

The familiar atmosphere remained in his head as Xiao Ming wondered why Xiao Zhan and Grand Elder and the others had suddenly given him so many good things.

The original Xiao Yan seemed to have brought nothing with him when he left the Xiao family, right?

Oh no, Xiao Ming suddenly remembered that in the original, Xiao Yan excused himself before he left that he had a mysterious strong master and had helped the Xiao family refine pills, and had received hundreds of thousands of gold coins as part of the proceeds, so no wonder he didn't take anything with him when he left.

In fact, now Xiao Ming did not need these things, the 30,000 gold coins from the Xiao family were expendable to him, there was an option of one million gold coins during a life simulation, and he chose that option for lack of other better things.

It can be said that, in terms of liquidity, there is no one in Wu Tan City who can beat him in the game.

Thirty thousand gold coins were better than nothing, I guess, and as for those pills, Xiao Ming had a complete kit long ago.

Only that Xuan Class Dou Technique was of value to Xiao Ming, the rest was better than nothing.

Although this was the case, Xiao Ming was actually very grateful to his family, after all, they had thought a lot about him and could be considered caring.

Xiao Ming was not a cold-blooded animal and would naturally be touched inside.

'By the way, the family is giving so much, it's not because they're afraid that I'll run away and not come back, right?' Xiao Ming's eyes were dazzled, and such a thought suddenly arose for no reason.

In fact, Xiao Ming really guessed it, Xiao Zhan and company were really afraid that Xiao Ming would not return.

In their opinion, although Xiao Ming's current behavior is like a little adult, he was only six years old and his personality was not yet set in stone.

He could get lost outside and not be happy to come home.

Especially since he is the only son in his family and there is no one close to him, which means he has no ties in the Xiao family.

I'm afraid that, if he didn't come back after a decade or two away, he might not really come back.

He might get carried away by a girl and never come back.

Jia Nan Academy is a hundred thousand miles away from the Xiao family, so they wouldn't be able to find him.

How could this be?

Xiao Ming is the genius of his Xiao family, if he ran away, who would they blame?

It was not that they wanted to lie on top of Xiao Ming and suck his blood, but when Xiao Ming grew up, being there would deter other powers and bring great benefits to the family.

It was fine not to stay in the family, but it was always fine to come back every New Year's Day, or even once a year or two, right?

This would require Xiao Ming to remember the goodness of the Xiao family, giving money and pills and fighting skills just for the sake of it.

This kind of thinking might be somewhat utilitarian, but the continuation of the family depended on it.

Other than that, it was also an old tradition for resources to be tipped to the geniuses, and it was normal to give something to the genius himself when he came out.

If the genie in his family had little money on him and had to be careful about buying small items, everyone would be embarrassed to say so.

He made it seem like their Xiao family were poor.

These thoughts, Xiao Ming had no way of knowing.

However, if Xiao Ming really knew what they were thinking, he would just say, "You are thinking too much".

When his cultivation level increased, he would definitely return to the Jia Ma Empire, after all, there were many useful people and heavenly treasures here.

Besides, the Xiao family might be targeted by the Hall of Souls later on and send people from the Misty Cloud Sect to exterminate the clan, so how could he sit back and do nothing about it?

Tomorrow is Jia Nan Academy's admission.

Xiao Ming had no desire to cultivate, so he lazily lay down on the bed, wrapped in a soft and comfortable blanket, and finally fell into a deep sleep.

...

In the early morning, on the other side of the window, the rustling birds chirped, and the column of light shone through the window on the ground in front of the bed, perhaps from the lush foliage in the courtyard, which was mottled with shadows.

In bed, Xiao Ming's eyes were slightly closed, meditating with his eyes closed and his mind sinking into his body.

The greater the strength, the more thoroughly he could explore the situation inside his body.

Having passed the Dou Practitioner level, he had acquired this ability without a master.

As his mind sank to his lower back, a palm-sized milky white whirlwind slowly rotated, and a layer of milky white energy gas, similar to a nebula, enveloped the periphery of the whirlwind.

Xiao Ming nodded with satisfaction as his mind looked at the small whirlwind, although the current whirlwind was small in size, the energy contained in it was several times more than other people of the same level in the Xiao family, the merit was naturally, due to the Rise of Twin Spirits.

When he went through Dou Practitioner, he chose to cultivate the Rise of Twin Spirits instead of the Huang-class High Qi Method Refining Fire that the family had given him, and finally, with the effect of the Rise of Spirits Jade, he managed to double his Qi Method and cultivate them together.

An internal inspection would reveal that, compared to the others, there was one more thing in his spiral energy, and in the center of the milky white spiral energy, there was a thumb-sized spot of the same bright milky white mass.

That was the spirit Xiao Ming had cultivated using the Rise of Spirits Jade.

With a slight movement of his mind, the "spirit" of the whirlwind, which was interacting with the spiral energy, disappeared.

Xiao Ming opened his eyes and raised his hand, only to see the "spirit" that had just disappeared dancing happily on the tip of his index finger as if it had life.

Xiao Ming wagged his index finger and the spirit quickly flew away leaving a residual image and finally disappearing into the stone tiles on the floor.

With a thought, the faded spirit reappeared on the tip of his finger, looking at the spirit whose color had faded, Xiao Ming felt somewhat helpless.

'After all, I haven't devoured the wonders of heaven and earth, although I can call it out of my body to fight the enemy, and its power is not bad, but this lasting power is still not good, it won't work after one or two hits, for the time being, I can only use it as a murder weapon, besides, it still only has weak spirituality, I'm afraid it will take a long time for a spiritual intelligence to be born.'

Lightly breathing a sigh of relief, putting the devourer of strange things into his mind and bringing the spirit back into his body, Xiao Ming looked out.

'It's almost time, Jia Nan Academy's admission should have started at this time, it's time to move.'

Xiao Ming got up and got dressed, walking out of the small courtyard and walking down the path, looking at the clan that had suddenly become much emptier, he suddenly had a bad feeling.

Today, Jia Nan Academy's admissions team arrived in Wu Tan City, and most of the people in the clan, wouldn't have all gone to the front to watch, would they?

Xiao Ming thought it must be so. If the Xiao family was like this, he feared that people from other places would be similar, and at this moment, he feared that the Wu Tan City gate and the admission place would have been completely blocked by the crowd.

When he arrived at the admission site, the corner of Xiao Ming's mouth twitched, things were really as he thought.

If it wasn't for the army deployed by the City Lord's Office to maintain order at the edge of the square, I'm afraid those excited people would have already rushed over regardless.

After staring at the sea of people for a long time, Xiao Ming sighed lightly and shook his head with a face full of depression, looking at this situation, he feared that it would be a bit difficult to pass the test today!

237