Chapter 16: One-Star Dou Grandmaster
7.1k 10 213
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Following the various points Elder Huo said, Xiao Ming refined step by step.

It turned out that, in addition to his great talent in Dou Qi cultivation, his talent in pill refining was also not bad.

After having the experience of burning herbs to black charcoal more than twenty times, Xiao Ming finally succeeded in extracting the essence of all medicinal plants.

Things were going well, and Xiao Ming felt inwardly encouraged.

All right, the next step was to fuse all the medicinal essences into one pill!

...

After receiving the green-colored pill with a light medicinal fragrance from Xiao Ming, Elder Huo first placed it in front of his eyes to observe its color and then placed it in front of his nose and smelled it.

Elder Huo revealed a smirk towards the sweaty Xiao Ming, "Hehe, although the appearance is irregular and the medicinal fragrance is not very obvious, this is already a finished pill, Yuan Return Pill is moderately difficult to refine among first tier pills, it is very good that you have reached this point in your first refining."

Xiao Ming received the praise and showed a smile.

However, he heard Elder Huo admonish, "Although you have successfully refined a first tier pill, this does not mean that you have now become a true first tier alchemist, the refining process of now has some luck."

"And to become a true tier one alchemist, you also need to ensure the quality and success rate of your pills, remember to practice diligently in the future, don't slack off, understand?"

For Xiao Ming, his sole disciple, Elder Huo still expected him to keep his feet on the ground and not become complacent just because of a small achievement.

In all the years he had been at the Jia Nan Academy, he had seen too many geniuses, and although there were no monsters like Xiao Ming, there were countless geniuses of lesser caliber.

He couldn't even count the number of geniuses who became disobedient and suffered great losses due to their arrogance.

"Understood, I will practice diligently in the future."

In response to Elder Huo's long warning, Xiao Ming hastened to agree.

Seeing that Xiao Ming actually listened to his teachings, Elder Huo nodded in relief, stroked his beard, and, with a wave of his right hand, a large pile of medicinal herbs appeared beside the pill censer.

"These are the practice herbs for you, when you don't have enough in the future, go to the storehouse and report my name, and they will give you the herbs."

"Thank you, master."

"Practice well."

After this, Xiao Ming's life became repetitive.

Either he was refining pills during the day, or he went to Elder Huo for advice on pill refining.

Elder Huo was not stingy with this disciple either, telling Xiao Ming everything he knew about alchemy.

The advantage of having a master was great, those questions would have taken Xiao Ming a long time if he had thought about it alone, but when Elder Huo explained it, Xiao Ming quickly understood.

Moreover, Elder Huo was worthy of being an elder of Jia Nan Academy, but his teaching ability was not a cover.

Xiao Ming's alchemy skills were polished under his teaching, and the foundation of pill refining skills was laid very firmly, and he also taught Xiao Ming from time to time, helping him to plug the gaps.

At night Xiao Ming had been practicing instead of sleeping and had been very diligent in his cultivation.

This was the case when he had no talent for being an alchemist in the Xiao family before, and it was even more so after he became an alchemist.

This was because he clearly understood that, in the cultivation world, the strong are respected, as whoever had the biggest fist will be justified.

If you want to avoid being bullied, there is only one way, to become stronger.

Other than being an alchemist, Elder Huo's Dou Qi cultivation was also not weak, so other than refining pills, Xiao Ming would often ask him about his cultivation.

During the day, he refined pills and cultivated Dou Qi skills, and at night, he cultivated to improve his cultivation, and occasionally, every few days, he would have a life simulation.

Time passed slowly.

Two years later.

The soft light shone through the window on the young man's white face. Although he was young, his sword eyebrows and starry eyes, his red lips and white teeth, it could see that he would definitely capture the hearts of many women in the future.

Xiao Ming opened his eyes and exhaled a puff of murky air, awakening from his cultivation.

'I have become a one-star Dou Grandmaster.'

'My alchemy technique also reached the third tier.' A smile appeared on Xiao Ming's face as he felt the Qi coil in his dantian completely turn into solid crystals, and then he reflected.

'But this is not enough, I have been in Jia Nan Academy for two years, and I have spent too much time in these two years in alchemy technique, resulting in a great sluggishness in my cultivation, in another month is the selection round, although I can enter the inner courtyard with this strength, the inner courtyard is highly competitive, it won't be so easy after entering'.

Xiao Ming's perception of himself was really very clear.

In reality, he was no different from those ordinary geniuses, and even if he worked very hard in his training, his actual combat ability was still not on par with those who had gone through life and death trials.

Since his talent was revealed, he had a smooth ride, and everyone who saw him was smiling and friendly.

Because of his age, he tried to increase his experience through sparring, but he could easily win over those students of the same level as him by brute force, thanks to the advantage brought by Rise of Twin Spirits.

The other elders were superficial in sparring, and the same was true of his tutor and master, Elder Huo, who treated him like a child, although age-wise he was really a child.

But this was a serious obstacle to his growth.

In addition, to compensate for the time he spent practicing alchemy, he also took pills to help with his cultivation, resulting in an unstable Dou Qi cultivation.

Xiao Ming had thought of solving these problems, namely by entering the Law Enforcement Unit of the Jia Nan Academy for training.

The Law Enforcement Unit of Jia Nan Academy has been dedicated to fighting against the dark and evil forces in the area, and bloodshed is frequent, and by leaving it, Xiao Ming believes that he will definitely have a qualitative change.

The idea is beautiful, but the reality is harsh, Xiao Ming neglected a very important person, he still has a teacher in Jia Nan Academy.

Elder Huo had no offspring and only had one disciple, that is Xiao Ming.

After spending time together, he had already treated Xiao Ming as his closest person, was very strict with Xiao Ming in cultivation, but pampered him in everything else, giving him everything he wanted.

Naturally, he did not want that Xiao Ming, who was only a few years old, to put himself in danger, so Xiao Ming, who had not long joined the Law Enforcement Unit, was removed from the unit by Elder Huo, who loved his pupil so much, claiming that he was too young and his cultivation was not deep enough.

Xiao Ming, who could not resist, had to honestly stay at the academy for another year.

His Dou Qi was not solid enough, his Dou techniques were rusty, and he lacked experience in actual combat. Thinking about these things, Xiao Ming had a headache.

Wasn't this a typical template of a filler genius, the kind of genius who could easily be killed by someone who could cross levels to fight?

The kind of genius that was nothing more than a good talent.

People with weaker cultivation defeated someone with stronger cultivation, it was nothing new, and even if he had a strong technique like Rise of Twin Spirits, he might fail.

'Hey, the simulator mentions that certain secret realms in the Black-Corner Region are about to open as well? No, I'll talk to my master, I have to go to the Black-Corner Region to train a bit'.

'Now that I have passed Dou Grandmaster, I am considered a little expert in the Black-Corner Region, so I think there is no reason for my master to stop me from heading to the Black-Corner Region'.

Xiao Ming slapped his thigh, got out of bed, and headed for Elder Huo's residence.

-------------------------------------

A/N:

We have reached 10 reviews and we are also in the top 10 in the power ranking, this chapter is a gift from me for the great support you have shown!

PS: The previous chapter took 2-3 times longer than usual to edit as it was quite a detailed process, I hope everyone is satisfied with the result.

213