Chapter 9: Happy Years
7.2k 7 78
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The new family, comprised of Min, Dralu and Eliana moved into the empty house. Since the several room house had been uninhabited before, there wasn’t a single piece of furniture inside. Luckily for them, Min was allowed to take all the furniture out of her old room, so they did have a bed.

Making a table and a few chairs wasn’t much of a struggle either. A couple of copper coins, and it would be done. The house was only big in regard to this village. In truth, it was only four rooms. The main room was where you entered the house. It would serve nice as a living room. Then there were two rooms that could be used as bedrooms. One for the family and one, smaller room, for Tala. It was easier if she just stayed with them, since they had the room, after all.

The last room could be used as a kitchen. Dralu walked through the house, inspecting it carefully.

“Well, this is rather nice. I can barely remember the last time I had a home of my own,” Dralu said. Min chuckled.

“Tell me a bit about yourself. I know next to nothing about you,” Min said.

“Sure thing. Well, I’m a Drow, I was born in Drovidia. It’s a small country east of the Elven Kind, if you’re wondering. It’s a very mountainous region, in fact it’s located in one of the largest mountain ranges in the world. It inhabits half of the mountains, neighbouring Kretopia, a nation of dwarves. We Drow are much like the dwarves, since we mostly live underground. I was born in the city of Neoserin, raised too. I was nothing special; came from a normal enough family. My father was a guardsman, so he taught me how to fight. When I was sixteen years old, I left to experience the world. Ended up here in Kon Rithia, where I became a sailor,” Dralu said, while carrying furniture into the house.

“How long did you travel? Did you experience a lot? How old are you anyway?” Min asked, as she slowly followed him, while he was carrying the bed into their room. When he finally finished the task, he helped Min sit down on the bed, before taking a seat in their sole chair.

“I travelled around for a couple of years. I experienced my fair share of adventures in that time. Even became an F ranked adventurer, eventually. However, I fell in love with the sea, and left that life behind me. Oh, and I’m 86 years old, this year,” he said. Min’s mouth gaped.

“What? Eighty-six? But, but, you look way younger than that! I don’t believe it!” Min said, shaking her head.

“Haha, don’t look at me like that. Eighty-six is still pretty young in elvish terms. Remember, most elves live for a couple hundred years. The oldest Drow can even live for half a millennium,” Dralu explained.

“I- is that so? The world, it’s unfair… Here I have lifespan of forty years, while you’ve already lived for twice that! And you don’t even become a super old geezer, compared to your age. Sigh, it seems I’ll be the first one to go,” Min said.

“What’s an F rank adventurer, though?” Min then asked. That F rank thing had caught her attention.

“Oh, it’s the lowest rank adventurers of the Guild. To be an F rank adventurer you have to be at least level 40,” Dralu explained.

“That high? What level are you anyway? And why are you a sailor, if you have that kind of ability?” Min asked, a bit confused why a level 40 adventurer would choose to be a sailor.

“I’m level 57. And you know, sailing the seas isn’t all that safe. There are pirates all over the ocean, and merchants need people to protect their ships. Thus, they hire me and a couple of others,” Dralu explained.

“Oh, I see. Wait, it isn’t dangerous, is it?” Min asked, a bit worried.

“Well, it’s not without dangers, but in forty years of it, I still haven’t died. We sail a pretty safe route,” he said, causing Min to sigh in relief. This man was her and Ellie’s livelihood now. Min’s job as teacher wasn’t permanent, after all. She would only be able to teach him for a couple of years, before not having anything more to teach. But it didn’t seem like Min had to worry too much anymore, since Dralu made ten times as much as her, anyway. Although, he’d only be paid half the time, now. In sixteen months, he would get eight months wages, which would be about 80 silvers. Still more than Min made in six years, though…

While Min and Dralu had been talking, Ellie had been quietly listening. She was still very shy of this new stranger, but she also found him very interesting.

Thus, time passed. Min managed to reach level 50 in Painting soon after Dralu came, which allowed her to not only reach level 28, but also get halfway to level 29. Even though she was a cripple, she was already one of the highest levelled people in the village. This was of course, because she had a lot of skills, and many of them were high levelled. She also seemed to learn pretty fast, especially in her artistic skills.

Reaching level 50 in Painting had also unlocked two Professions. The first one was the Painter profession, which did pretty much the same as the Illustrator one, but for painting. The second one, was more special. It was the Artist Profession, which she unlocked from reaching level 50 in both Painting and Drawing. It gave her a 50% bonus in both skills, and boosted her Dexterity by 15%. Naturally, she chose to equip that Profession.

Any one person could have as many Professions and Classes as they wanted, but you had to reach certain Skill levels to unlock them. There was also a time limit between when you could change your class, so you couldn’t constantly change, to suit your needs.

Time continued to pass. By the time Ellie turned two years old, she was only a bit smaller than Kinder, who was now five years old. The two kids always played together, and Min had even started teaching both of them.

In the year and a half that had passed, Min had reached level 31, from increasing her Skills. She still hadn’t reached the Adept level in anything, though.

Min, Dralu and Ellie had already grown close like a real family. Min would please her lover during the night, and pretty much every other opportunity she got. Sometimes the three of them would go out on picnics or short walks in the nearby woods. Basically, they did family stuff together. Ellie had started calling Dralu as ‘daddy’ soon enough, too.

When Dralu left, Ellie would always be heartbroken, and when he came back, she’d be extremely excited. Min liked this life. She’d long since forgotten all about Kazz, and she grew to love Dralu instead. After all, Min was already 3 years old, and she had only spent about the first ten months of her life with Kazz. By now, she had already been with Dralu for two years.

The village had grown, too. The original plan had been to reach a population of one thousand in three years, after all, and it was quickly nearing that number. It was no longer the tiny village of the past. Now, there were hundreds of buildings and an entire wall surrounding the village. Outside the walls, were all the farms, enough to feed ten times the amount of people in the village.

Through helping out from time to time, Min had already reached level 24 in Stewardship, and she’d reached level 40 in Mathematics long ago, so these days she’d even help out in managing the village, when Lord and Lady Ashford were especially busy. Min was actually a better suited steward than Lady Lilliana by now, but she had never taken the job. It would be a bit too much for her. If only she could heal her legs, but that was only a distant dream.

Once, they had had a professional healer look at her, only to assess the actual damage and see how expensive it would be to heal. That kind of thing wasn’t cheap. Said healer had told them he would have requested 300 gold coins at a minimum to heal her, and that was because he was a friend of the Ashford family. Being a healer was one of the most profitable, as well as most difficult jobs. To heal and mend flesh was much easier, but to repair bones required astounding amounts of both skill, knowledge of the creature’s biology, patience and mana.

Eledor had been capable of it, because he possessed all these things, but there weren’t many people like him. Thus, Min had lost all hope to ever walk again. All the money Dralu had saved up through the years only amounted to a bit more than a dozen gold coins. The only thing she could do, was to accept her fate.

Thus, she lived her life to the fullest. However, after a couple of years, she noticed something strange. According to her knowledge, she should be aging at twice the rate of a human. Ten years, should be enough for her to age twenty years. But there she was, on her daughters fourteenth birthday, looking only a couple of years older than her. It seemed like min didn’t age at twice the rate of a human, but rather about five times slower! It baffled her! She could only surmise it to be because of her special evolution or because she was a Child of Darkness.

However, her daughter wasn’t aging as quickly either. Only the first couple of years, had she aged faster than humans. At fourteen, she still looked like a teenager, about fifteen years old. Newcomers to the village, which was more of a city now, were all puzzled when they first met the pair. They believed Min and Ellie to be sisters, not mother and daughter. When they learned that Min, the mother, was actually less than a year older than Ellie, they found it even more unbelievable. Once, Min had actually made Dralu fuck her right in front of those who had accused her of being his daughter. She might also have had ulterior motives of being horny and wanting her lover to shame her in front of everyone, though. Dralu wasn’t a shy man, he had quickly succumbed to his lover’s charm.

But in their credit, Min and Ellie were closer than most mothers and daughters. They had pretty much the same level of maturity. Min hadn’t matured very much at all in fourteen years. She was still a teenager in mind. Also in age, technically.

A few weeks after his daughter had turned fourteen years old, Dralu finally returned from his four-month trip on the seas. He was a bit conflicted. He was happy to finally get to see his dearest daughter and Min, but he was conflicted because of what his captain had told him.

As he walked through the gates of the former village, many thoughts spun through his head. How was he to tell his little family? What would their reactions be? Would they be very sad? Just a little sad? Maybe they wouldn’t care at all? Or perhaps they would be completely against it!

Scenario after scenario ran through his head, as he neared closer and closer to their house. He only absentmindedly replied to everyone who greeted him, and welcomed him back. There was simply too much on his mind, and frankly, he was both worried and scared. His lover was usually quite docile, despite having more energy than was healthy, since she couldn’t walk, but his daughter didn’t have that problem. She had just as much energy as her mother, and she was not one to shy against using it on someone, if she was angered.

Thus, he was calculating in his mind, just how would he go about this? As such, scenario after scenario passed through his mind, as he opened the door to his house. He was so preoccupied that he didn’t notice the strange sounds coming from his daughter’s room. It was only when he actually glanced into the open door, that all these thoughts left his mind, to be replaced with two words,

“You motherfucker,” he said.

Ellie was turned against him, on all fours, completely naked. Her eyes met Dralu’s; she gave out a loud moan, as Kinder gave a last thrust inside her from behind, before he, too, noticed the new addition in the house. Ellie screamed and covered herself with a blanket, while Kinder completely paled, panicked out of his mind! It was Ellie who had to act out, covering him with her blanket.

Ellie and Dralu stared at each other. Ellie’s cheeks were discoloured, as she waited for her father to say something. In the end, it was she who had to break the silence, as Dralu looked like he was fighting furiously within his mind, to calm down.

“So, this is a thing now,” Ellie said. They had officially started going out shortly after Dralu had left for work last time, and Kinder had just taken her virginity a few weeks ago. Ellie wasn’t like her mother; she couldn’t just sleep with anyone, even though she had been exposed to her sexual escapades for fourteen years now. That was one of the reasons she had insisted on getting her own room several years ago. Min wasn’t one to not have sex, just because someone was in the room with her.

However, Min’s personality and beliefs had grown somewhat on Ellie. She wasn’t like most people. She had no qualms about incest, and she was open to polygamy. If Kinder was to get more girlfriends, she wouldn’t mind, and if Dralu tried hard enough, he would probably be able to convince Ellie to have sex with him. Probably wouldn’t be that hard, actually. Ellie was a bit of daddy’s girl. Naturally, he didn’t try anything like that, though. Min on the other hand, Ellie wouldn’t mind having a threesome with her at all, as long as it was with Kinder, and Min wouldn’t mind either.

It wouldn’t be hard to arrange something like that, since through years of teaching Kinder, Min’s beliefs had fallen somewhat on him, too. Kinder was attracted to Min, too. After all, Min was pretty beautiful and she dressed very provocatively. He had often thought about doing it with her.

“Calm down Dralu, don’t go committing murder now. The last time was bad enough,” Dralu chanted to himself, taking deep breaths. Then he smiled.

“I have very, very, oh so very good news, my dear daughter. We’re leaving! We’re moving to a city, far, far away from here!" He said, suddenly not so sad by his captain’s news.

“Wait, what?” Ellie said. She was so surprised she dropped her blanket, revealing her nude upper body. She looked very similar to her mother by now. Her breasts were only a little bit smaller, and her skin was darker, looking a bit closer to her dad’s. Her hair was also a bit longer than Min’s shoulder length hair. She dressed like her, too, showing a lot of skin.

At this time, Min entered the house, using her usual crutches to walk. She had a surprised expression as well.

“What do you mean we’re leaving? You’re not going to make us move, just because Ellie is having sex, are you? I won’t allow that,” Min said.

“It has nothing to do with that. It’s just that the captain is going to change our route. We won’t be coming here anymore, so we have to move. If you want me to continue to support our family, you’ll have to come. And as the man in the house, I won’t allow Ellie to stay here on her own,” Dralu said, finality in his tone. Min looked at him, unsure what to say. This was all too sudden.

In the end, it was actually Kinder who spoke out.

“Then I’ll just come with you! I love Ellie, and I’m not willing to let go of her. The only option is that I come with you," Kinder said. Once more, everyone was taken by the element of surprise, Dralu included.

“What? There’s no way Lord Ashford would allow that,” Dralu said.

“I’m sure he wouldn’t be against it. He doesn’t actually need my help managing this place. My younger siblings can take care of that. And as heir, it is good for me to see the world. I’ve barely ever stepped out of the city before, and it’s only been to neighbouring cities. He won’t be against it,” Kinder said. Dralu looked at the kid, then at his daughter, who was now so excited that she didn’t even think to cover herself.

“Then go ask your father. If he says it’s fine, I’ll permit it. However, I don’t want to see you two doing it again, so, I don’t know, close the door or something,” Dralu finally conceded. Min’s smile brightened and she took Dralu’s arm into her own.

“It’s not all so bad. They love each other, and you know, technically I was much younger than them, when you impregnated me. And she’s a half Goblin too, so she’s actually way past the age when it’s accepted to have sex. Just like me, she’s barely changed for several years, but she grew up fast,” Min said, trying to cheer him up.

“Yeah, yeah, I hear you. I knew she’d eventually start sleeping with people, that she’ll eventually get married, pregnant. However, I don’t have to like it. In fact, it’s the dad’s job to NOT like it,” he said, finally giving a little smirk.

Then, Ellie and Kinder hurriedly got clothed, before rushing to Lord Ashford. A while later, they came back, followed by the lord and lady Ashfords.

“So, the day has finally come that you have to leave us,” Telran said, a bit downcast. He was sad that Min had to go away. Even though she was no longer his mistress, the two had continued to have sex, behind Lilliana’s back. Min had even gotten pregnant several times, but Telran had used magical methods to abort every time. And it wasn’t cheap, either, but he just wasn’t willing to risk a bastard, even though it might not even be his. The risk was still there, though. Eventually, they had decided to invest in birth control, which was made through a potion, using local herbs.

Min was a bit saddened by not getting any more babies, but she didn’t protest, no matter how much she wanted another baby. She dearly missed the days when Ellie had been nothing more than a cute little baby, but sadly, those days passed, far, far too quickly.

“Well, just know that you’ll always have a place here. Especially since Kinder is coming with you. As I see it, when it comes time for me to retire, and for him to take over, you can just retire as well, and we’ll all live here, as one big family. By then, I trust our children will have granted us many grandchildren, and perhaps even great grandchildren!” Telran said, happily.

Telran and his wife were both Dark Elves, so their family was a great match for Dralu and Min’s family, who were a breed between blue skinned Hobgoblins and Drows. Aesthetically, they were very similar.

 “Yes, that sounds quite nice. Our two families will surely have become one big family, within a few hundred years,” Dralu replied back, while Lilliana walked over to the seated Min.

“Haha, I would love to see grandchildren made by both our blood,” Min said with a great smile.

“Yes, I can hardly imagine anything better,” Lilliana said, but with a smaller smile. She wasn’t as easily cheered like Min. She was quite sad to see this best friend of hers leave.

“You have to promise to write me. As soon as you’ve gotten all settled, you must immediately send me a letter, so I know where you live. If I ever get the chance, I’ll immediately come visit, even if I have to come alone!” Lilliana said.

“Of course! Even your son is coming with us, so how can I not let you know where we live? You must come visit as soon as you can, even if it’s only for him. He’s still young, you know. Only a few years older than me and Ellie,” Min said, causing Lilliana to laugh at her.

“Haha, it sounds so weird when you say that he’s older than you. Although, it’s true, but still so very weird. My best friend is younger than my own son. The mother of my son’s girlfriend is younger than him. Never going to get used to that,” Lilliana said.

“Hehe, I may be younger than him, but at least my brain is a bit more developed than his!” Min replied with a sheepish grin. Lilliana knocked her on the head.

“Only slightly, you childish twit! By the way, I know that you’ve been sleeping with my husband all these years. But alas, I forgive you. With you here, I didn’t have to have sleep with him so much. I do love him, but I’m just not as sex crazy as you,” Lilliana said.

“Hehe, I won’t apologize. If there’s one thing I will never apologize for, it’s having sex! I just don’t get why people have to be so exclusive about it. Love is one thing, and sex is another! They don’t have to combine,” Min said.

“Heh, a few years ago, I would have disagreed, but after more than a decade of listening to you babble about it, I slowly started agreeing with you. I’ll probably make Telran get another mistress or concubine after you’re gone. Or two. As long as I don’t have to constantly have sex with him, I’m happy. It’d be perfect if I could have sex only when I want it,” Lilliana fantasized.

“You’re weird, you know that? How can someone not like sex? It’s literally the best thing in the world," Min said. Min loved sex more than almost anything. She was addicted to it, truth be told. The only thing she loved more than sex, was Ellie, her own daughter, and maybe, just maybe, Dralu. By now, she wouldn’t mind marrying him at all, but the two still chose to stay as only lovers. It didn't make much of a difference, anyway.

“Well, we don’t have much time to chat. The ship is waiting for us, and will be leaving in two days. We have to get there before that. I’m going to go buy a wagon. Ellie and Kinder, the two of you can start bringing everything outside that we need. I’ll let Min direct,” Dralu said, before charging out.

Thus, Min started carefully deciding what to bring with them, and what to leave. By now, they had quite a few possessions, but there was only so much they could bring. A lot had to be left behind. All of Min’s painting and drawing supplies were must haves, according to her. They also brought quite a few paintings, most of which were of the family. She also had one of the Ashford family. There were a couple naughty ones, too. Like one of herself, being fucked on the side by Dralu. Another one, which she had painted in a moment of inspiration, right after she witnessed Ellie lose her virginity. At first, Ellie had wanted to destroy it, but after calming down, she actually came to cherish it. It was of one of her most cherished moments, after all. But she most certainly wouldn't allow it to be hung up somewhere, where anyone could see. None of the sexual paintings, were, in fact. That simply went past Dralu’s bottom line.

Shortly after they had carried everything out of the house, Dralu returned with the wagon.

“Well then, let’s get started. I’d prefer it if we left within the hour. And make sure to leave enough space for Min to sit comfortably," Dralu said, before he started loading the wagon. Thirty minutes later, and they were ready to leave. The wagon was filled to the brim, leaving only enough space for Min to sit. The other three had to walk. The horse might be able to support one more person, but if all three of them sat on the wagon, it would be too much.

Since they had a heavy wagon with them, it would take a bit longer to get to the city. They would certainly have to continue journeying throughout the night. Long after the sun had set, they were still on the road. Dralu was still energetic, and Kinder was holding on, but Ellie was getting tired.

She was sluggishly walking behind the wagon.

“Mommy, I’m too tired,” she said.

“It’s fine, you can just come up to me. If we cuddle together, there will be enough space,” Min said. Ellie beamed a bit, then quickly climbed up, and sat between Min’s legs. Then she buried her head in Min’s boobs, and huddled her legs together. Min took the girl into an embrace and rested her head on Ellie’s neck. Like that, the two girls quickly fell asleep.

If one wasn’t familiar with the two, it would look like two sisters sleeping together on a long journey.

Late during the night, Min woke up, due to the wagon stopping. It was very dark, but luckily for her, she could see perfectly fine in the dark, so she immediately found out why they had stopped. It seems like they were about to be robbed. There were bandits in front of the wagon. Dralu had seemingly noticed, since he had drawn his sword, and was already ready for combat.

Min was worried. She wanted to help, but even though was an Apprentice Darkness mage, she only knew one spell; Shadow Cloak. All it would let her do, was make herself, and anyone very close to her, invisible, due to having the level 2 version of the spell. Well, she might not be able help fight, but at least she could protect her daughter, who still hadn’t woken up. Thus, she coalesced her mana and cast the spell, Shadow Cloak. With her mana, and mastery over Darkness, she would be able to hold the spell for several minutes.

Thus, the two suddenly disappeared within the wagon, having blended into the shadows. Even if Dralu and Kinder failed against the bandits, they might still be able to slip away. However, all this preparation was completely useless, because Dralu suddenly disappeared in a flash, moving so fast that Min could barely follow. The bandits, who were apparently an even lower level than Min’s level 37, didn’t even manage to react.

Before the first bandit knew it, a sword was in his throat. With a jerk of his arm, Dralu sent his head flying, hitting the second bandit in the stomach! Then, in another movement, his sword moved bizarrely, jabbing straight into the second one’s liver, making him hunch over on the ground. He had barely even realized that his friend's head had been hurled into his abdomen, before he was stabbed!

Dralu stepped on his face, crushing it under his boot, before pouncing to the third bandit, his steps leaving a trail of dust clouds! This time, he didn’t strike with the edge of the sword, but the flat of it. His sword crashed into the bandit’s cheek, making it spin around unnaturally, while he flew backwards, a spittle of blood spurting from his mouth! When he landed on the ground, his chest was faced upwards, but his face was buried in the dirt.

The fourth and last bandit stared at the Drow, dumbfounded! He quickly regained his calm though, and immediately bolted, not caring in the slightest at the death of his comrades! Dralu simply hmphed, before taking out his bow, knocking an arrow, drawing it all the way back, then sending it flying in the bandit’s direction! The arrow shrieked through the air, then lodged itself into the back of the man’s head, one end piercing through his forehead! He fell down flat, dead.

Only now, did Dralu look back at Kinder, who was completely flabbergasted. Then, he walked over to Min, who had already dispelled her spell. She didn’t want to let Dralu see how worried she was. Seeing how Min was holding the still sleeping Ellie, he smiled.

“You alright?” He asked lowly. Min nodded.

“Ellie didn’t even wake up. She’s going to be pissed that she couldn’t see her dad be so cool,” Min said with a smile, causing Dralu to chuckle. Then he walked back to Kinder’s side. Kinder stared at Dralu, still in shock.

“I didn’t know you were this strong. You’re even stronger than dad,” Kinder said.

“Of course. Being a guard on a ship isn’t easy. It needs strength, and many won’t even employ anyone under level 40, or in other words, you need the power of an F ranked adventurer. I’m already a hundred years old this year, yet I can still only be considered an F rank at level 71. Although, I’m not far away from the E rank now. Only 9 more levels," Dralu said, as they continued walking in the dark.

They didn’t carry any torches, since it would make them an easier target. And besides, Dark Elves had good dark vision, and Drows had even better dark vision. Although, neither of them could compare to the Child of Darkness, Min.

Thus, after the sun rose, and had once more started to set, they finally arrived at the city. They were in a hurry now, so they immediately rushed to the harbour, directly, where Min saw that old ship she sailed on, once, many years ago. On the ship, she recognised a few faces, however many of them had been changed over the course of fifteen years.

Ellie was also excited to finally see the ship where her father worked. Thus, the journey began. They would be onboard the ship for four months. They would only leave on the very last stop on the route, before the ship started going back. Said stop would be a rather large city in the territory of the Elven Kind. Min was excited to go there, since she’d never been to another country, except if you count the few months she spent in her old tribe, which was located on the outskirts of the Elven Kind. In one way, she was going back to her home country, actually.

The four months passed by quickly enough. Min spent her time either drawing the crew members as they worked, sleeping around, or relaxing. Many of the old crew members were happily surprised to get to have sex with Min again. This time, Min didn’t charge, though.

Four months passed by, and they arrived in the city of Rymalona. Rymalona was a bustling city, much larger than any that Min had seen before. The family bid farewell to the sailors, then entered the city. This route was longer than the one before, so the entire round trip would take eight months. So, Dralu wouldn’t see his old friends again for eight months. On the other hand, that also meant he would be away from his family for eight months at a time, from now on.

Finally, they started looking for their new home. In a city such as this, housing was a bit harder to come by, and much more expensive. In the end, they resorted to renting an apartment with four rooms. One room would serve as bedroom for Min and Dralu, another one for Ellie and Kindred, the third as a living room/kitchen, and the third for the caretaker they would need to hire for Min.

Just like that, the now family of four started life in the big city. Unknown to them, this was a starting point for something that would turn much, much bigger than any of them could imagine. This was the end of their happy years.

 

If you like my story, consider visiting my Patreon page. There, you can find more books by me that I haven't released yet, lots of art from my story. Both art of the characters, and them having sex. There's also a hentai comic of Min and Dralu having sex.

You can find my Patreon page here: https://www.patreon.com/LucyLynn

78