005 – Clash
2.1k 5 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fight will the wolves was already predestined to be my win, if with just one slash I already killed one of them them there wouldn't be a great problem to kill them all.

The first wolf jumped right before me, I thought it was foolish to jump right before my eyes. I was wrong.

The wolf before me was just a distraction to the wolf targeting my back, that was when I remembered why I had escaped from the pool when I killed the boar.

The power of numbers. 

Each wolf was individually weaker than me but together it's possible that they can hurt me. That was my fear and it was dumb of me to forget it in the rush of the moment.

This all was passing inside my mind during the wolf strike, and subsequent bite on my shoulder. The wolf almost threw me on the ground during that jump but somehow I remained standing.

It was a charge from a wolf the size of a tiger, it must have more than 100 kilograms. Even without the status enhancements it should still be a pretty huge impact.

Using my new skill, [Blink], I appeared above the wolf that was at my back and craved Nameless Sword on it's back.

I confess it was a bit confusing to use the skill for the first time, the second without any sense a bit scary.

But the wolf was fortunately killed with just this one and precise blow to the head, Healing the wounds on my back thanks to the Life Eater property of the Nameless Sword.

It was uncomfortable to have foreign vitality entering my body but that didn't changed my battle awareness.

Looking at other wolves, I remembered one important Hero skill that I have forgotten. [People Analysis]

—————————————————

Young Mortar Wolf 14

—————————————————

Young Mortar Wolf Leader 10

—————————————————

The level of the wolves varied between 12 and 18, only the biggest of them all had a lower level. I thought it was strange, he was the one who felt strong.

On the other side of had a advanced class, if I can call it a class. I probably can, as it was show besides the level.

Seeing me killing another of their companions so easy must have changed something inside the wolves, they turned even more careful after that.

Until the Leader released a powerful roar, it put them all in a fiercer mood and they all rushed at me at same time. I thought of it as troublesome, but with my new use of blink and the life draining sword I think it's possible to kill them all.

First I evade the first wolf in a dance like movement, I thought it should be possible to use [Dancing Steps] during battle. Good for me, it was effective.

Moving like a fast twist I spin around the wolf and slash the sides with a [Powerful Blow]. I tried to use [Swinging Blow] or [Punishment] but apparently the two skills are on cooldown.

I haven't thought it was a possibility but now my oversight was apparent. If this world have many game elements why I haven't thought about cooldowns? It was completely plausible.

The wolf had been killed with just one blow but that didn't mean that I'm in a good situation, all my offensive skills are on cooldown.

My only skills usable at moment are[Beginner Parry], which is a defensive skill,[Warrior Dash], a movement skills [Heroic Strike], which is to soon to be used and [Yell], which I don't think would be usable.

From the original seven wolves only four of them are alive, it was almost half the battle already gone. Sadly only the hardest part was coming.

I regret having used two skills to kill that first wolf. If I had used only one, my arsenal would have at least one more weapon to use against them. I can only fault my fear of the wolf for this blunder.

I leave my self scolding for later and focused back in the wolves rushing me. The first wolf was killed by my [Powerful Blow] but the consecutive ones aren't, it was a worrying sight that many wolves and zero skills.

Trying to give a chance to the skill, I used the [Yell] skill while rushing to the nearest wolf. It haven't frightened the shit out of the wolf but it at least startled it enough to make it flinch.

I t can be said that the skill made enough, from here onward was my job. 

I neared the wolf and used Nameless Sword to slash the shoulder of the wolf while it came at me. I tried to use the same trick of using [Dance] to make my movements more agile and unsurprising it worked.

I initially thought that the wolf  would have adapted itself seeing the same trick being applied on a conrad but it seems that I was wrong. Like the wind, my body twisted around the body of the wolf and exposing it's flank to me.

I gave it a beautiful blow to the ribs and leaved the wolf bleeding and weak, sadly it wasn't enough to kill it with just one blow. The wolf persisted and retreated to behind one pack member more advanced.

This new wolf had the same opening that was present in any other of the wolves and I could use the same twist to hurt like the one before. I thought it would be a good way to thin their numbers before fighting the big guy but it's seemed that my thoughts are wrong once again.

This time the injuries wolf appeared right when I was going to slash at ribs, impeding me of using this tactics continuously. The wolf managed to give me a wound on my shoulder, it hurt but it wasn't trouble enough to make me loose the fight.

The injury didn't stopped me from penetrating the neck of the wolf with the sword, one less wolf to fight. Bow only one in perfect state, one hurt from my first blow and the leader.

The shoulder injury should have healed with this kill but the fangs of the now dead wolf are still on my shoulder when it was killed.

I approached the wolf that orginally tried to attack me and jumped at it's back, the wolf has trying to turn around and attack me again but my Sword found its neck before the beast could understand what was happening.

Only two wolves now.

I prepared myself to fight against the wolf leader, he was for some reason seeing all his pack dying without even moving. From the very begin of the fight it only had howled and commanded the other wolves.

And this time it wasn't different, the wolf gave a bark and the injured wolf rushed at me. But it was somewhat different from the other times, this time the wolf had a determined look in its eyes.

I ignored such thing and used [Warrior Dash] to meet the wolf mid the path, the wolf wasn't expecting my change in speed and didn't reacted in time. My sword cleaved through it's neck and the head flow through the sky, it was a pitiful end for the wolf.

With the dead of the last wolf my eyes naturally moved to where the leader was sitting but there was nothing present. The wolf disappeared.

Glancing around I still trying to see where the wolf could have gone, alert for a possible ambush. What I didn't expect was to find only the shadow of the wolf running on the horizon.

The leader wolf had fled.

I became dumblefated by the show of cowardice of this wolf, it just looked it's subordinates dying and in the end it just escaped.

Shaking my head in disbelief, I turned to look the carriage and it's occupants. The carriage itself was still turned but the ones inside it and the ones that had been threw outside during the turning are all organizing themselves right now.

Funny thing, most of them are young girls at age of 15 to 20 and their races had a big variety. I can see humans, a few women with animal ears and tails that I presume to be beastmen and a few big people with scales over their arms and legs, I don't think I know who they are.

Remembering [People Analysis] I used it in this group of people.

—————————————————

Bestia; Female; 14

Commoner 5

—————————————————

Human; Female; 17

Commoner 9

—————————————————

Drako ; Female; 14

Commoner 4

—————————————————

Human; Male; 17

Commoner 8

—————————————————

Human; Male; 37

Slave Merchant 9

—————————————————

I think I understood now what is this group, I would need to be pretty dumb to not understand what it is.

A Slave Merchant and his entourage. 

——————————————————

Skill Exploration:

Dancing Steps 

This skill give the user better control of the feet movements, it also give the user better control over balance.

—————————————————

Just to make some things clear, I changed some skill's names and added a few others to classes I thought lacking. Most changes are just wording. 

20