006 – Chance
2k 8 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I waited for the bodies to disappear while looking at the Slave Merchant. 

I was delaying judging humanity for the culture and practices of slaving other races to after finding a actual city, it wasn't possible anymore. My encounter with this Slave Merchant actually made me stop delaying it and I forced me to actually choose my instance over the matter.

In many novels I have seem the protagonist generally take two choices on the matter. One, they're completely against the system and the practice of slavery. This normally make them take  the route of a savior and liberator of any slave on his path.

This wasn't to my tastes. If I think that slavery is wrong ? Maybe, depending on their treatment it can even be better than my work conditions in my previous life.

I think that in the worst case where slaves are similar to livestock, I would just close my eyes to the society and focus on myself. I don't have a idealistic vision of the world like the teenagers that normally make this choice.

During my death I was already a adult and knew the hard side of the world, I wouldn't say that in saw the worst it had to offer whoever. My work conditions, while not akin to slavery, are very harsh. My boss always tried to take the most of me all the time and there are very few moments where I could take a day off.

It was a hard life that I'm thankful to leave behind.

The second option is probably the one that I'll follow, accepting it. I don't think that I would tread my slave overly bad and I truly believe that I can be a good master.

As for the primary reason that i want to have a slave? Sex of course. During my whole life I suppressed my sexual desires, I died as a virgin. I never had a girlfriend because I was ugly, that's right, they told me that I was ugly. During my youth, I was a bit fat and had many pimples on my face, there are enough to make many girls on my class disgusted.

During my adult years I was already better but I was the most handsome men in the world. I thought about paying a prostitute to take my virginity but it was a degrading thought at that time. Every time I was before the place my mind feel truly pathetic to need to pay for it.

Without any other choice, I could only turn to the internet and release my desires on it. Here I found many things that made me felt better, or maybe worse. I can admit that I saw many things that shouldn't be done to a woman and many times it aroused me. When I found myself in this new world I truly thought it was my chance to restart and make myself clear of my previous regrets. In this world I'll use my new handsome face to seduce a cute girl.

During my inner monologue, the Slave Merchant actually put all his slaves in a line and put himself before they all. I was confused for a moment before they all bowed said together, " Thank you for saving out lives!" Their voices together making a loud chorus.

I was honestly surprised that they had such considerations, taking in mind that I made their carriage turn in first place. After the big moment, the Slave Merchant walked toward me with a smile on his face.

"My name is Taveon and I'm a Slave Merchant. I'm truly thankful for you having saved mine and my slaves lives." He said as he bowed once again. To be honest, I thought he would be more arrogant. Normally merchants are very wealthy and very arrogant because of their money. This guy strikes me as someone that cared about me and I can see from her that his slaves are in good conditions.

In fact, every one of these slaves are clean and had at least a bare minimum of clothes, very short tunics that showed a good part of their thighs but still clothes. None of them was in a bad condition nor had a lost the light in their eyes. It seems that they haven't lost hope on life just because they became slaves, a good sign.

Looking back at this guy he also seems pretty young for his age. His status said that he was 37 but he didn't look on his 30, his hair was still with a young gleam and his skin wasn't old too. His clothes are a statement about how weath he was, how much he must have on his pocket?

Noticing that I ignored him, I said, " Rise, it wasn't a hard feat. These wolves are of more danger to you than to me. "At my words his eyes seemed to enlarge and with a even bigger smile he said to me. 

"Is that so? Them you must be very strong. Can I know your name?" The Merchant must have already understood something about me, his actions seemed to lose all pretense. He must have seen me ogling his slaves.

"My name is Birch and I'm just a humble warrior." I said, trying to look humble. Never know if this guy can actually see my many classes.

"A warrior? Humm, are you occupied or going on a actual direction? Because I'm need of a new guard, my last one died during the chase." He said while rubbing his project of a beard. 

This actually can be my chance to get myself two things that I wanted since coming to this new world, a ride to a city and a cute slave girl. Let me think, this guy is a merchant if he is coming her with a wagon so full it must mean that he must have purchased them earlier. If my assumption is correct he must have be without or with few money, in this case I can totally convince him to pay me with a slave.

With a new perspective on this talk, even I can felt the change on my voice. "Is that do? In this case I think we can negotiate to something that the two of us can benefit." My intentions are clear on my voice, at least I think that I had been clear.

It wasn't only I that noticed my undertone, "We can surely find some even ground. You see, I happened to have purchased these slaves just before this chase. My pockets are almost empty, the only thing that I can offer you are my products." He said with a amiable grin, the face of someone that understood what I wanted.

"Hum, it was a pity. I was indeed in need of money, as you can see I don't have anything on my person. Without money I can't pay the fee to enter the city, if not that I would be willing to accept your offer." He seemed surprised at my answer.

Indeed, this was something that only came to my mind in the last second. What if I protect this guy all the way to the city and in the end I need to remain outside because I don't have money to pay the fee. It would be a shame.

Even with my unexpected reply, the merchant didn't loose his composure. "If that's the case we don't have a problem. Even if I don't have much money there was still enough to pay for one more person. Now came, you can choose any among them."

He said as he took me near his slaves. I must say, they're all very impressive girls. Even if I can't say that they are all beautiful girls, they're at least on the average of my previous world. I have thought that they would be on the I'll favored side of the aspect, because of their underdeveloped world and all that.

But they didn't loose at all for the girls of my previous world, in fact some of these girls could be considered real beautiful.

But that didn't mean that I must choose the most beautiful of them all, I  decided to select them carefully. The slave I'll be getting here will be the first member of my future party. I can't simply choose her based on my horniness.

I need to consider my role and her role on the party. What I want to be? I want to be a Mage. A powerful mage that shoots fire balls and destroys his enemies with a few moves. This kind of fighting style I have been using for now was really what I want to be, it was too stressful.

Knowing what I want to be made easier to think about what I want in my party for now, it was clearer who I'll choose.

——————————————————

Skill Explanation:

Beginner Parry

This skill allow the user to redirect part of the damage taken, it was only the beginner level so the damage reflected is limited.

——————————————————

I decided to post another chapter today, it was the weekend start and tomorrow I'll be at home. It would probably be good for my stockpile.  That's why I have enough to release more today. Enjoy.

17