Chapter 1 – New Reality
1.7k 9 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rustling of the tree leaves echoes as the birds passed by riding the flow of the wind created by Sprites.

In a Forest there stood out a particularly huge tree. The tree bigger than the others was almost a hundred meters tall and the trunk thicker than the others. Under that tree was person laying on the soft carpet of grass. It was a young woman, laying there as if sleeping.

Time passes and a few birds landed near the young woman. The birds hopped and pecked at the field until they nestled on the young woman's hair as she lays there unmoving. The birds found something twitching atop her head. Curious they pecked at it until the young woman stirred as her sleep was interrupted, startling the birds to fly away landing on a distant branches.

"Mmmnnnhh" The young woman opened her eyes slowly as they focused. She sat up looking at her surroundings still slightly groggy from waking up.

"where...?" She asked to herself filled with confusion that was immediately replaced with shock. The voice that leaked from her mouth wasn't the heavy male voice that she was used to combined with the somewhat familiar view of the massive tree and the foliage of it was far above the sky, as well as the sensation of grass that should be impossible to feel. 

She sat up and looked around her briefly before focusing on herself again. She looked at her hands and clenched them, confirming her sense of touch. She looked to her right hearing the sound of water splashing and saw big pond of water with a small stream leaking to somewhere in the forest.

Here she thought curiously 'i wonder how i look like... Do I look like my avatar should? Maybe I could see myself with it.' Her curiosity won over her and decided to move in her brand new body.

She got up and headed towards it and noticed how natural she felt midway through while an emotion rose inside her. She continued towards the pond and knelt at edge of it. She felt the grass once again as if reassuring herself and then peered into the water. What she saw was the cute face of her avatar that she created herself. "Woah..." A voice of amazement and happiness leaked from her mouth.

After confirming her appearance. she touched her ears that are on top of hair, feeling the sense of touch from the ears. Next she tried to move her ears, to which she found that it was surprisingly to do as if she has grew up with it. The cat ears above her head moved to lay flat, and then she moved it to the sides. At this point she was having fun playing around as she looked at herself in the water's reflection. And then she was reminded of certain Virtual UTuber.

"Hello, my name is Thamriyell and welcome to VRCHAT!" Thamriyell said as she waved at nothing but the reflection, and then she thought to herself 'if I still have my male voice in this body... Oh god!' She bursted out laughing at the thought of it.

If anyone was watching this, they would surely thought that the young woman was insane from suddenly laughing out loud when there is nothing to laugh about about the current situation she is in where she is alone in the middle of nowhere.

After a minute, Thamriyell finished laughing and wiped the tears from the corner of her eyes still smiling. She laid there and looked at the magnificent tall tree towering above her head. 

The view that can only be seen in fantasies where sprites and avian creatures dancing in the air in harmony, an impossibly big tree and the body she is currently in. Her current situation is a dream come true and she is afraid that this is nothing but a lucid dream but her senses tell her this is real. 

She laid there letting her mind wonder while slowly rolling on the soft carpet of grass as if a child lazing around in their bed.

Suddenly curiosity struck her. 'Can i still drop portals like in the game? do i have any powers? i wonder if i can still change avatars...' She thought to herself as she stood up.

She closed her eyes and concentrated deeply, peering inside her mind. She felt power inside her. It felt natural that it's inside her as if it's always been there from the start. After feeling it, she grasped onto the blue wispy energy inside her. Then she thought of a place, a luxurious hotel room at the top most floor of a tall condominium.

Hoping that it was the same energy that she used to see but never felt in the game, she released it in front of her.

Then she felt the air around her shifting violently. Thamriyell opened her eyes in shock and stumbled back away from the cause. She stared at the familiar wavy portal showing the room through the portal.

"Woah! It works. It still works! I'm not stuck!" Thamriyell stood smiling in glee. Happy that her curiosity led to her placing a portal she waved her arms around in the air celebrating.

"Can I go through though?" She asked to herself as she stared at the waving portal.

Standing up from sitting in the grass after falling on her bottom, she went towards it with her hands first to go through.

"Well. That's a bit disappointing." Said Thamriyell now at the luxurious hotel room looking back at the portal with her ears laying low expressing her somewhat betrayed expectations.

Going through the portal wasn't as exciting that she thought it was. It something akin to going through a doorway to get to another room. There was no fancy warping going through time and space like Star Warps in warp speed or weird feeling of disembodiment. It was just that 'going through a doorway to enter a room feel'.

Looking at the portal for a few more seconds she turned around and was shocked to see a familiar figure lying on the bed. It was Nomolun in her Feral fox avatar. She creates a large bulge in the bed due to multiple tails she has, mostly due to how fluffy the tails are that a few of her tails peeks out of the comforter. The group left her there to sleep peacefully as her sleep was cut short last night.

Thamriyell jogged towards the side of the bed. She was happy that she it was someone she knew, else it would be a bit awkward in her current situation. 

"Nomo. Wake up Nomo. Rise and shine baby girl!" Thamriyell said as she shook her awake happily.

"Mmnnhhh.... Tham...? What's wrong?" She said not realizing how her voice is a pitch higher than before.

"Nomo look! VrChat turned into real life!" Said Tham in excitement also not noticing Nomo's voice.

Nomo sat up as she groggily looks at the room, subconsciously muting out Thamriyell's ramblings.

Looking around, it quickly became apparent that where she woke up to wasn't her own room. Instead, it was the familiar room where everyone hang out on where it was almost packed full.

"Where...?" Nomo said in a voice filled with confusion at the sight. She squeezed her palms as if uncertain. Next she put her hands in front of her eyes as if trying to grasp an invisible binocular in front of her eyes.

"Nomo? What's wrong?" Thamriyell asked in concern noticing the actions her friend is doing. 

"Tham...? How are we here? What's going on?" Nomo asked as her blood ran cold. Confusion and fear grew inside her.

Seeing her friend in the verge of panic. She quickly hugged her and petting her back as she said in a gentle voice.

"Ssshhhh. Calm down. Breathe slowly now." 

Nomo was confused for a few seconds before breathing in slowly, calming down as she listened to her friend voice.

They stayed like that as Thamriyell continues to pet Nomo, easing the worries of her friend. Time went slow for the two in their own world.

Thamriyell's voice has changed. It's not the male voice with a Russian origin. It was instead a woman's voice. But the caring warmth in her tone stayed the same. Nomo thought so as she calmed down in the arms of her friend while she buries her face in Tham's shoulder.


 

A couple of minutes later...

 

The two are currently sitting next to each other in the bed with an entwined comforting hand. Nomo is leaning on Thamriyell although mostly calmed down now.

Nomo took a deep breath and then opened her mouth. "Tham. What's going on? How are we here?" She asked her friend.

Thamriyell still comforting her, answered. "Honestly. I don't know what's going on. But! I do know we wake up where we last log off." 

"How did you know that?"

"You fell asleep here last night, remember?" Tham said while tilting her head cutely with her ears also tilting together unconsciously.

Nomo chose to ignored that cute action for the moment and tried to recall about her memories last night. She recalled that she was very tired and sleepy last night and Thamriyell lulling her to sleep while petting her in this room.

"Yeah I remember." She nods.

"Sooooo. Since your really tired that night. We left to whatever new worlds we could find and I logged out in a world with a gigatic tree in it retired for the night and boom! I wake up in a forest with the same trees in it."

Nomo staring at her friend explaining it casually on how she came to conclusion on based on just her experience. Then she asked her after realizing something.

"Wait. If you woke up in that world. How did you get here in the first place?" 

"How? I just placed a portal and ran through it."

Nomo was now looking at Tham incredulously after hearing that really casual answer as if it's common sense.

"What?" Tham asked as if nothing was wrong.

She sighs at her friend's curiosity and lack of fear of doing questionable things.

"How did you do that in the first place? We don't have any controllers to open the menu." She asked the obvious question and pointed the lack of any device to help them.

"Uhm. Do you remember that the menu is made of this futuristic panel that's made out of that blue stuff that flows away whenever someone entered a portal? Since we're in our own avatars now. I thought 'maybe i have it inside me' since we can't really feel it in a VR headset and controllers. So maybe we don't really need those controllers now since we are real and created a portal to get here. Though, I just thought we are transported to the game like SAO that I experimented a bit." Tham said as she waved her arms around like she did in the past.

"And how did you create a portal?" She asked ignoring the last part Tham said.

"I just thought of a place i wanted to go to and let out that blue stuff. Oh! The blue stuff feels like one of those inner powers stuff. It feels natural to me when I felt it inside me which is weird! Super weird!" Tham explained waving her hands in the process. 

Nomo was a bit doubtful in her friend's explanation. She was about to say something but was cut off by Tham's excited voice.

"Oh! I almost forgot. I need to see if we can still changed avatars and change our clothes!"

Tham said as she headed for the white block in the wall and pressed it. A mirror came into existence beside the button fixed into the walls. Both let out a voice of surprise at the big mirror that appeared. 

"I know that it was huge in the game but damn!" Said Tham while Nomo remained silent but came closer to her who is already watching her own reflection.

Nomo looked at herself in the mirror and touched her cheek with her right hand. Her senses of touch is there which she already know. Next she looked at her gray arms and felt it. It feels like human skin but smoother to which she was happy about. She suddenly feels an itch on her left and the ear flicks similar to how a cat does it. She felt natural to be in her body as if she grew up with it. Then she looks at her lower half and blushed, feeling ashamed at her avatar's lack of proper clothing. Unfortunately, or rather fortunately. Thamriyell was watching her before she flicked her Fox ear.

"Ara ara..." Nomo flinched at the sudden voice to her left and saw Tham watching her.

"Are you feeling cold Nomo? If you want, I could warm you up you know." Said Thamriyell in a sexy husky voice as she closes in on Nomo with a lustrous smile on her face.

This puts a blush on her face. The current voice Thamriyell now has is too beautiful to her liking, much more so in that husky voice. While Nomo was panicking at the unexpected situation, Thamriyell approached and gently hugged her. And then she said in a slow sensual tone.

"Is this warm enough for you? Or maybe...we can go in a more warmer place." She whispered into her ears that stood stiff in her head. Her breath cause Nomo to twitch.

A moment of silence before it was broken by Thamriyell.

"Puh hahahhahahaha!" She released her arms that is holding Nomo. She steps back and hold her belly laughing.

Nomolun was stupefied for a second before she looked down as she is slowly filled with anger at her prank. She pointed her finger and shot multiple stars with a rainbow trail.

"Ow! Owowowow!" Tham cried out while covering her face with her arms as the stars hit her. The pain was akin to being slapped, although the pain quickly went away.

"Ow! Stop I'm sorry Nomo ow! Oww!" She says between a giggle, still enjoying the situation. 

With her anger satisfied at her friends apology, she stopped firing. Thamriyell lowered her arms and checked herself and see no red marks on her body. Seeing she was fine. She looked at Nomo and asked.

"You can still do that stuff Nomo? I thought you don't know how everything works yet?"

"Do what?" Nomo asked in confusion.

"Your stars. You can still shoot them!" 

She had a mixed expression of realization and surprise when she heard it and looked at her right hand.

"I didn't even realize... I only thought about getting back at you."

"Oh, wow! Nomo is being a booli!" Tham said with a smirk.

Nomo raised an eyebrow and pointed a finger at her face and shot once. Thamriyell immediately ducked, dodging the star.

"Wah! Okay okay I'll stop! I'm sorry!" She said hurriedly waving her arms in surrender.

"Anyway, shooting stars from my fingers feels natural. Same goes for my fox tails too. It feels like it's always been there." 

Nomo said moving the conversation forward as she move her tails.

"I know right?! I also noticed that too when i opened a portal!" Tham said excitedly and held Nomo's hand.

"How did you opened a portal anyway? You said it's the same blue energy thing that we use in the game." She asked looking up at  Tham.

"Uhm. You know those fantasy type animes with inner powers like Mana or chakra in Naruto? It's like that but i think it feels more natural like how you shot me with those stars." She explains vaguely with a finger in her chin.

"Oh, I almost forgot! I have to know if changing avatars still works. Hold on a sec." Seperating from Nomo, she goes to the mirror and stood there. She closed her eyes and concentrated like how she did earlier, envisioning her recently created vampire avatar.

Nomo was watching her friend in surprise as she slowly changed. Her tanned brown skin turning into a very white pale skin. Her old Default clothes transforming to a bloody black and red dress. Next her whisker like marks on her cheeks turned gray. and finally, she opened her eyes. It wasn't the same bright blue eyes. The whites of her eyes are now black and her pupils was now blood red that gave of a strange red glow.

Thamriyell looks at herself in the mirror and checks her new appearance.

"It still works. So, how do I look?" Happy with her results, she smiled and turned to Nomo asking her. No. With her current look. Her happy smile instead looks like a confident smirk in contrast to her cheery attitude and her words sounds more like a demand instead of a question due to her demeanor. At least that's how it looks like to her perspective.

"You look Pretty in that vampire avatar." 

"Thank you. Now that we know we can change ourselves, you will need a more decent type of clothing. I will have you drop a portal for us when we're finished." Tham said in a tone matching her current demeanor.

After hearing the way she speaks, that was impossible from the Tham she knew. Nomo was wondering if she is still in bed and this is all nothing but a Dream.

Hey ho everyone~! Super sorry that I am super duper late in posting this~ I have been working more on overnight lately and have barely anytime to make progress on this chapter since I can at most squeeze some time during my lunch breaks~! So I'm sorry for it also being posted late~ Also~ I thought I uploaded this the other day while drinking~ turns out that I only pressed [Save Draft] instead of [Publish] so... Tehe~ Oopsie~ Uhm... I need my Vodka okay~?! I also need more Whiskey~! I wanna drink~ TT~TT

23