Chapter 21: Hades
85 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fates POV

 

”Persephone!! Dear!! Where are you?” Hades whined as he wondered throughout their home.

 

Hades was indeed the king hell but, seeing him now, no one would believe it. The god's tall stature and slender physique fooled everyone into thinking he was cold and withdrawn. This assumption is only valid when he is in front of others. When he is with his beloved, he turns into a lovesick God of the underworld.

 

Hades went from room to room, looking for Persephone. After not finding her in any of the dozens of areas, he became angry. He lifted his arm slowly as he extended his fingers. A blood-red mist flowed from the tips and swiveled its way around his kingdom. When they reach their intended target, he sighed.

 

The Greek God retracted the mist, bringing along its prey.  A beautiful symphony of laughter echoed throughout the halls. When the lithe body of Persephone arrived in Hades’ embrace, her laughter only increased. The beauties ebony skin, full lips, and almond colored eyes we're a stark contrast to Hade's porcelain complexion and onyx tresses.

 

”You caught me.” she says in a sultry like tone. Her thin arms wrapped around her lover's neck, hugging him close.

 

”No, my sweet, it is you who caught me.” Hades replies.

 

The king leans in slowly and tucks in the crook of his queen's neck. He inhales her fragrance, picking up the soft scent of the datura flowers.

 

”Ah, you were in the mourning fields again.” he says as he exhales.

 

”Yes, my love, but only to visit the souls there.” Persephone answered.

 

Hades raised his head to stare at his wife. With eyes full of questions, he urged her to continue. Persephone giggled as she pulled herself away. She took light steps as she walked towards the room's sitting area. Gracefully her body floated as she sat in the emerald velvet chair.

 

”Even wandering souls need a friend now and again.” Persephone answered with a warm smile.

 

Hades returned the smile while showing a look of unrestrained love. ”A heart of gold and filled with pearls of wisdom; my wife is undoubtedly a precious jewel.”

 

Persephone giggled once more, shyly bowing her head. Hades smirked at her cute actions and chuckled softly. Out of the corner of his eye, he notices a black butterfly floating his way. He raised his finger, allowing it to land. His coal-like eyes peered at the winged pet receiving its message.

 

”Honey, I have something to attend to.” Hades responded.

 

The underworld queen nodded without hesitation at her king. Hades smiled as he raised his hand. With a flick of his wrist, he disappeared into thin air. When he emerged, he stood at the edge of his throne. A lithe body clad in black silk climbed the three marble stairs.  The king of hell took his seat with a heavy sigh.

 

A booming knock echoed throughout the hall, grabbing his attention. In an instant, his expression changed, the warmth left his eyes, soon turning cold as ice.

 

”Enter!”

 

The massive doors creaked as they opened slowly. Hypnos and Thanatos sauntered in exuding the air of a king. Their footsteps echoed around the room. When they reached the throne, the brothers took a knee.  Placing a hand over their heart, they bowed their head. 

 

”My King, thank you for seeing us today.” Thanatos proclaimed.

 

Hades hummed in his acknowledgment of the greeting. His eyes watched as the godly brothers raised to their feet. ”So, he's finally awakened.”

 

”Yes, and that means Phanes will become a problem once more.” Hypnos replied. ”Right now, only a handful of people know about this, and I would like to keep it this way.”

 

Hades touched his smooth skin with the tip of his finger. He trailed his jawline until it reached his chin. The finger rhythmically tapped as he thought. Silky jet strands swayed when he nodded in thought.

 

”Excellent idea, if that pompous ass knew of his recovery, things will get dangerous.” Hades mumbled just loud enough to be heard.

 

”He will come after Christos again.” Thanatos replied with emphasis.

 

”And if that happens, I will kill him, God, or not.” Hypnos answered back.

 

”Even if it means ending the lives of millions?” Hades asked. ”Erasing mortals from the reincarnation cycle?”

 

Hypnos pinned the underworld king with his heated gaze. With a low growl, he gritted his teeth and answered slowly: ”Every single one of them.”

 

Thanatos released a worried sigh while eyeing his brother. He’s always known that Christos was his brother's obsession. The sweet reaper brought the sleep God immeasurable happiness, but he was also the chink in his armor. If Hades hadn't locked Hypnos’ powers away for awhile eleven years ago, this conversation wouldn't exist.

 

”I see.” Hades replied.

 

The slender arm of Hades raised slowly. With a wave of his fingers, red flames appeared at the tips. A scroll emerged from those flames. His onyx orbs scanned the ancient parchment.

 

”For now, Thanatos, you will continue to do the reapers duties.” Hades announced loudly. ”Hypnos, Christos will remain by your side, and you will keep everything as is.” Hade's eyes moved from the scroll, focusing on the older of the two. ”You will do nothing until I return, is that understood?” he asked while closing his hand, vanishing the scroll.

 

Hypnos nodded curtly, not worrying about how it looked. Hades stood from his pedestal and snapped his fingers. He disappeared before the god's eyes. Hypnos and Thanatos remained in the enormous hall.

 

”You come to me if anything and I mean, anything happens, ok?” Thanatos turned to his brother and announced.

 

Hypnos gave a reassuring pat to his brother's shoulder and smiled. ”I know you'll always have my back.”

 

He smiled once again while turning to walk away. Thanatos gazed at his brother's broad back, seeing the tremendous burden he was carrying.

 

”I wish you would let me help you.” he whispered.

 

The God of death jogged to catch up with the other. He wrapped an arm over Hypno's shoulder, walking out of the hall.

6