Chapter 22: Family Reunion
64 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Blaring alarms rang throughout Mount Olympus. Hades stepped onto the Pantheon floor. The beautiful meeting hall in the clouds has black and gold marble everywhere. Twelve gods sat situated in the room.  Zeus, and his wife, Hera, sat at the helm. Next, Athena, Poseidon, Artemis, Apollo, Demeter, Hestia, Aphrodite, Hermes, Hephaestus, and Ares closed ranks. 

 

”Stop those ridiculous trumpets!!” Zeus yelled at the heralds at the gates. ”Its Hades, what do you think he’ll do? Kill us all and burn Olympus to the ground?” he gave a boisterous laugh as he asked.

 

The God of lightning raised to his feet. His firm body held muscles toned to perfection. They moved and flexed as he took steps down the platform. The tall God stood before his brother and smiled.

 

”You rarely show your face above ground Hades, what brings you here?”

 

Hades narrowed his eyes, gazing intently at his younger brother. ”If things weren't about to fall apart, I wouldn't have come.”

 

Zeus returned the narrowed eye and crossed his arms. The airy theater burst into whispers and murmurs.

 

”What do you mean things are about to fall apart?” Zeus asked.

 

Hades gave a small wave to his fingers. In a panic, Ares jumped to his feet. He pointed his finger towards the gods and yelled quickly.

 

”Hades, stop what you're doing!”

 

The king of the underworld halted in his movements. His gaze slowly drifts to his nephew. A small smirk appeared upon his lips. A tattered scroll appeared in his pale hand. Turning towards the God of war, he spoke: ”Afraid, Ares?”

 

Ares released an angry growl, taking a step forward. Hera held up her hand, putting a stop to her son's advances. With a look of frustration, Ares slowly returned to his seat. Hades grinned and turned his focus back to his brother.

 

”Hypnos has a mate.” Hades began to explain.

 

”You're telling us something we already know.” Hestia chimed in.

 

Hades ignored his sister and continued with his explanation. He reminded the gods of the series of tragic events that have occurred between Phanes, the God of life, and Christos, Hell’s irreplaceable reaper.

 

During that time, Hades sent multiple dispatches to Zeus, asking him to intervene. He knew that if he or Hypnos laid a finger on Phanes, the balance between life and death would crumble, and soon a war would ensue. When his brother refused to get tangled up in Hell’s affairs, Hades was livid.

 

” The only thing I could do was to ban Phanes from my domain and allow Christos to go through the reincarnation phase.” Hades explained.

 

Zeus broke into a laugh so boisterous that it rocked the heavens. ”You mean to tell me all this over some mediocre God who doesn't know how to give in to a good thing?” he asked with slight disdain as the room broke into laughter.

 

Hades narrowed his eyes and scrutinized the God of thunder. He watched as Zeus turned and made his way back to his throne. Pitch-black orbs of Hades scanned the Pantheon, and it's gods and goddesses. He raised his arms and snapped his fingers. Pure white flames appeared in his palms.

 

”A mediocre God, you say?” he laughed hysterically. ”That is where you are wrong, brother.” he finished as he shot the flames into the air.

 

The two fires condensed into one giant blaze. It enveloped the sky blinding the other gods. The remnants poured down like droplets of rain. Each spark landed on it's intended God or goddess extended hand. The warmth from the flame seeped into the flesh and traveled through the veins.

 

When it reached their hearts, it seized the organ, piercing it with millions of needles. Each of them clutched at their chests and doubled over in pain. Their breaths became rigid as they struggled to breathe. Hades snapped his fingers once again, causing the pain to disappear.

 

”The pain you just felt is the exact pain Christos felt after the terrible incident, even now that he remembers everything this familiar pain remains. ”

 

Zeus held onto Hera, trying to comfort her terrible pain. He whispered calming words in her ear, soothing her soul. Aphrodite and Hermes both shed streams of tears while hugging themselves. Ares clawed at his chest, heaving deep breaths of air.

 

”Zeus, the pain and worry you feel for Hera, is what Hypnos feels for his mate, Christos.”

 

”Hermes, the tears you're shedding are the same as the reaper cried.”

 

”And Ares that hate you feel itching in your heart is what we all should feel for what Phanes has done.”

 

Hera looked to Zeus with sadness. She placed a hand on his shoulder, using it to help her stand. The timeless beauty strolled down the Pantheon’s steps. When she reached her brother, she smiled.

 

Hades knew the woman standing in front of him was vicious but, when she smiled like this, her evil points, we're hidden.

 

”Any revenge against Phanes will lead to the destruction of humanity.” She said with a smile. ”I'm wonderfully ecstatic over the possibility because then it will leave no mortals for my husband to bed,” she said as she gave Zeus a bone-chilling glance. ”But I'm sure it would disrupt the balance of our powers, with no humans we receive no worship, no worship no powers.” She said as she raised her arms.

 

As she dropped her arms, she cupped them in front of herself. Hera gave Hades a small smirk and spoke: ”Will you take responsibility for the loss of all our powers?”

 

”If we can stop Hypnos from killing Phanes, there will be no need for that.” Hades replied.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

”Cerberus, have you seen Daddy?” Jonas asked as he rubbed the middle head of the dog.

 

Cerberus huffed twice as if to answer the question. His first head smiled widely at the attention he was receiving from his family's newest member. The helion dog loved to rub his scent against his new Mom so that every one would know he was protected.

 

”For such a scary three-headed guard dog, you sure are an adorable pup.” Christos chuckled while watching the two interact.

 

Suddenly, Cerberus began to whimper, gaining the other's attention. When they focused on his cries, they noticed he was acting unusual. The snout of the middle head pressed against Jonas’ chest. His essence glowed brightly with a pink hue.  Jonas smiled as he felt the warmth spread throughout his body.

 

”You noticed daddy's presence,” Jonas announced as he patted Cerberus lovingly.

 

Thanatos, along with Hypnos, came strolling down the cobbled walkway. When the God of sleep saw his fated mate, a small smile appeared. Their eyes met for just a second but, Christos averted his away. Hypnos smirked, but quickly, it faded away.

 

“What a nice welcome” Thanatos said as she approached his mate.

 

The emo like death god pulled Jonas’ small body flush to his own. A light giggle escaped plump lips as Jonas snuggled closer. The two shared a loving greeting and an even more intense kiss.

 

Hypnos strolled by the couple and stood inches away from his mate. He took a glance at Christos before glancing back. It killed him that he couldn’t greet his lover in the same fashion. His fingers twitched at the thought of feeling his silky skin.

 

“Hi” Hypnos whispered beside him.

 

Christos gave a tiny jerk as his eyes stuttered trying not to react.

 

“Hi,” he answered back in the tiniest of whispers.

 

“I missed you” Hypnos said.

 

“I’ve missed you too.” Christos smiled lightly.

 

”Did you manage to tell Jonas?”

 

Before Christos could reply said best friend interrupted the two.

 

A small, lithe body inched its way in between them. The water demon extended his arm pushing Hypnos away from him.

 

”Too close there, buddy.” he said as he pivoted, crossing his arms across his chest.

 

 

4