Chapter 23: A great Surprise
62 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A booming noise broke the moment. The ground shook hard, causing us to stagger. Hypnos wrapped his arm around my midsection, steadying me slowly.

 

”What was that?” asked Jonas as he braced himself against Thanatos.

 

Everyone looked around trying to get an understanding. Buildings were shaking as the cobblestones rattled on the ground. Cerberus staggered on his four legs trying to balance himself. A short whine escaped showing his confusion of the moment.

 

” It's ok Cerberus don't worry it'll be alright” Thanatos reacted  trying to reassure the three headed dog.

 

As I raised my head the once bright sky I observed as the sun was blocked out by hundreds of black butterflies. One flew towards me and landed on my shoulder. I closed my eyes and listened to it's fluttering's. As in shock my eyes shot open.

 

”I have to go!” I yelled, breaking myself from Hypnos.

 

I sprinted into a run, not halting when my name was called. My speed picked up stumbling towards the fields of Elysium. When I arrived I halted in my tracks. The once beautiful fields we're now flooded. The once golden meadows we're now underwater.

 

I heard a gasp as I felt my body pressed into. Hypnos, Jonas, and Thanatos gathered beside me.

 

In the center of it all stood Lykos. With a crooked smile on his face, he shined with mischief. His golden orbs twinkled in the reflection of the water. The demigod’s pearl skin glistened from the sun. Black hair furiously whipped in the air from the rushing waves.

 

”What are you doing here Lykos!?” I screamed loudly.

 

Lykos raised his hands settling the monstrous tides. His golden eyes reacted slowly landing on my own.

 

”Ah, Christos I came to see you,” he said with a bright tone.

 

Lykos took steadied steps down from the water. Brushing his hands against his tunic he removed the imaginary dust.

 

”They wouldn't let me in so I had to find my own way, aren't you proud of me?” he asked with a jovial smile.

 

I gave a heavy sigh as I gave a dead stare at the ancient ruler of Thebes. I shook my head as I walked closer to the demigod.

 

”That obviously means you're not allowed here Lykos!” I answer back in aspiration.

 

Lykos snorts at my answer and crosses his arms.

 

” It's exactly what it means”

 

I turned to the new voice amongst us. Hade's glided through the Elysium fields towards us slowly. His guards followed closely behind the underworld king halting at his command.

 

”Uncle you're as grumpy as I remember you” Lykos replied with a smile.

 

”I almost eradicated you Lykos, why are you here?” Hades asked. ”You know the rules”

 

The brilliant smile left the demigod's face. An air of seriousness settled around us. Suddenly a small head peeked from behind his large body. Light-colored eyes blinked innocently as they took in the crowd.

 

Lykos pulled the small boy in front of him. Patting the small shoulder in a comforting manner he spoke.

 

”My father fell in love with his mother and when she didn't return his feelings, he took what he wanted. Cyan here is a product of those actions.”

 

I gasped at the disgusting knowledge of what Poseidon had done.

 

”When Cyan’s mother passed I learned of my father's sickening actions. I took my little brother in and tried my best to hide him. If my father gets his hands on him I'm not sure he’d survive”

 

A growl broke out deep from within Hades. Shaking his head he approached the child. Cyan raised his pale eyes to meet his uncles. The underworld king crouched to meet Cyan's height. A small smile graced his face as he tilted his head. He raised his pale hand and patted the boys little head.

 

”Hello Cyan, I am Hades, your uncle”

 

Cyan smile brightly and gave a cute giggle. He leaned his small body forward and wrapped his arms around Hades. The tsundere king chuckled lightly as he hugged him back.

 

”I knew you were made of fluff uncle” Lykos announced as he peered upon the cute scene.

 

”Shut your mouth Lykos,” Hades said while clearing his throat.  He stood slowly and brushed his robe. ”So I take it you brought him here to hide him from my brother?”

 

”I knew if anyone could keep him safe, besides myself, of course, it would be you”

 

Hades turned to me with Cyan in tow.

 

”Christos I want you to care for Cyan.”

 

Those words caught me off guard. The shock was written on my face. ”What!!”

 

 

6