Chapter 25: A future to come
37 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 Fate POV

 

 The makeshift family sat at the table having their dinner. “I wish I would’ve known you were coming, I would’ve made you something you liked” The reaper told Hypnos as he fussed with Cyan. The sleep god watched on lovingly with a small smile at the tender and almost comical scene before him. Soon the smile faded and was replaced with a hint of sadness.

 

“If I had said something I never would’ve seen this” Hypnos answered while motioning towards the two.

 

 The fussing duo stopped in their tracks and gawked at the sleep God. Christos held a fork full of carrots trying to get them into Cyans mouth. While the tiny demigod sat with his arms crossed and tight lipped just scowled. It was truly a sight to see as Cyan dodged all of Christos’ attempts.

 

“Fine, no carrots, but can you at least eat your broccoli?”

 

  Christos asked trying to get some veggies into the boys system. Cyan narrowed his eyes once more, unfolded his arms and then nodded. He took the fork from Christos’ hand and dumped the foul carrots. He brought the utensil down stabbing the bright green florets. He brought it to his mouth and munched. The table was quiet as the two adults watched on. Waiting for an acceptance or rejection from the young boy with baited breath.

 

Cyan chewed cautiously until his eyes lit up. “Mmmm, this is great!”

 

The couple released a collective sigh and chuckled lightly. “Im glad he likes it cause my next move was….I…don’t know what my next move was” Christos said with a sigh.

 

Hypnos reached across the table clutching his mates hand. “You handled that beautifully love, so don’t put too much pressure on yourself ok.”

 

The reaper gave a tender smile and a short nod as a reply. The table fell back into a peaceful hum of conversation while they finished their dinner.

 

Christos stood and gathered everyone’s plates and walked towards the kitchen. “Cyan please go wash your hands and then you can go play alright”

 

“Ok” Cyan yelled, taking of to the bathroom. His little feet pattered loudly against the hardwood floor. Christos stood at the kitchen sink and filled the basin. He felt arms wrap around his waist. With a sigh he leaned back into the broad chest and relaxed. “This is nice.”

 

Hypnos’ scent enveloped his senses calming his core. The sleep god bent forward placing a small kiss to his ear. “Soon this will be our life, just hold on my love.”’

 

“I lost so much time with you, I won’t let this slip away again” Christos replied.

 

 Slow and steady the two approached for a kiss. Hypnos stopped , narrowed his eyes and tiled his head. Christos followed his lovers lead as the separated from each other. “Do you suddenly feel an increase in mana?” Hypnos asked.

 

“Yes, and its coming from Cyan’s room”

 

 Quickly the two ran down the hall. As they got closer to the room they could hear a conversation and little laughs. Hypnos threw open the door ready to protect. He was stoped in his tracks by the sight before him. Christos came to a halt beside him.

 

Cyan turned his head graced with a giant smile and answered: “Say hi XiXi!”

 

 The two adults were in shock as they saw a human shape, formed from water, bow. Cyan continued to play with the figure while discussing how best to build their new fort. Christos took a step forward and crouched down next to the pair. “Hello XiXi, I’m Christos its nice to meet you”

 

 Hypnos leaned his solid weight against the door frame , crossing his arms. He looked on as the water form gave a smile and another bow. He’d seen this before due to knowing of Poseidon’s power. His ability to control water and infuse it with his mana to bring forth artificial life.

 

“It’s a good thing I threw up a barrier before I got here” Hypnos said.

 

“Cyan do you know what you’ve done?” Christos asked timidly.

 

 Bringing a finger to his lip he cutely thought about his answer. Tilting his head to the side he intensely thought. “Yes, I made a friend!” He shouted. XiXi the new created friend clapped in excitement. “How long have you been able to do this?” Christos continued. “Just now I guess, I said I wanted a friend and XiXi just appeared!”

 

The reaper gave Cyan’s head a small pat and stood again. He walked over to his mate and whispered. “When we left hell, his powers were not this strong.”

 

“He’s developing at a very rapid pace, we should talk to Hades” Hypnos stated. “He would need to either bind his powers or restrict them to grow with him”

 

Christos nodded at the his mates statement. “Gotta hand it to him though he did an amazing job” he said with a smile.

 

“That’s what I’m afraid of, Love”

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

“Yes, your order of Calla Lilly’s are on the delivery truck ma’am”

 

 Zyhem said goodbye to the caller, quickly hanging up. He removed his apron placing it in the back room. The vampire glided throughout the shop cleaning  and straightening up. Clanging of the bell above the door got his attention. There in the door stood a tall figure. The man with almond skin and emerald green eyes smiled kindly. He took large steps towards the small vampire.

 

Wrapping his toned arms around the others small waist. “Hello my little blood sucker”

 

“Welcome my raiser of the dead”

3