Chapter 14: A pink glow
135 2 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

”Why am I here again?” Zyhem asked Jonas while the two hid behind a giant rock formation.

 

The bored vampire stood up suddenly, with his hands on his hips. ”I'm missing a very intimate date with my necromancer for whatever this is,” he said in an annoyed tone.

 

Jonas quickly grabbed the other's arm and pulled him back down. ”I told you I'm here to claim my mate!” he said in a loud whisper.

 

Zyhem released a puff of air steadying himself from the sudden jerk. He looked towards the young demon and gave him a weird look. ”Then why are you hiding? And WHY AM I HERE!?” He shouted louder this time jetting to a standing position again.

 

”Shhhhh, he’ll hear you!” Jonas shouted in a whisper pulling the boy down again.

 

”Did you forget already he knows you're here?” Zyhem asked as he pointed towards the other’s chest.

 

Jonas looked down at his chest and in realization, he blushed. He placed his right hand on his glowing core and smiled. The embarrassed water demon turned his head away and pouted.

 

”No, I didn't forget I have a plan but, I just need your help”

 

The cute little vampire released a sigh. He raised his hand and lightly patted Jonas’ back to show comfort. ”What do you need me to do?”

 

”So now you're my brother's personal assistant?” Thanatos asked me with a smirk.

 

I know he was hinting at something but, I couldn't deny anything because I was blushing to bad. Instead, I took two steps back to hide behind a pillar.

 

”It was the ruling of Minos,” Hypnos answered saving me from his brother's accusations.

 

Thanatos chuckled loudly crossing his arms across his chest. I noticed when he did that a very faint pinkish glow began to shine. I quickly turned my head to look for Jonas. My best friend was proven to be Thanatos’ mate, so if his core is glowing then my little water demon was close by.

 

”So what's up with the sudden visit?” The death God asked his brother.

 

”Yosaorio Conglomerate”

 

I finally found Jonas hiding behind a group of boulders. When he saw me he drew a finger to his lips asking me to keep quiet. I quirked my eyebrow in confusion. When I turned my gaze slightly I also saw Zyhem peeking at me as well. In shock, I raise my finger and pointed at the vampire. I mouthed ”What is he doing here?”

 

Zyhem was supposed to be watching the shop. Why is he here helping my best friend stalk his mate? I jog over to them and was quickly pulled behind the boulders too.

 

”I really hope you're a hologram and the real you is at the shop,” I said to Zyhem.

 

”Can you be a little quieter and not let them know we're back here” my best friend shushed me as his pink eyes glared at me.

 

”They know” Zyhem and I both whisper at the same time.

 

Jonas humphed loudly and crossed his arms in indignation. I often thought he was extremely cute when this happened but not so nice. I giggled lightly at his actions and dragged him into a hug.

 

”Ok, ok don't sulk” I warn as I pat his back. ”So what's the plan?” I ask.

 

My best friend clears his throat at my question. He pulled me a little closer and whispered into my ear.

 

”I had a plan but now I'm not so sure about it” he explained.

 

Zyhem surprised me by snatching Jonas from my arms. ”My friend the flower fairy is handling your shop, and now let's finish this,” he said to me as he began to pull Jonas from behind the boulder.

 

As he continued to drag my best friend away from me his small hands reached for me.

 

”You miniature bloodsucker you let me go right now!!” Jonas cried out as he tried to get away.

 

Zyhem stopped suddenly and turned to face Jonas. ”No, I'm tired of watching this soap opera unfold just go and claim him already!!” Zyhem said as he continued to pull him away.

 

Jonas whipped his head towards me and cried for my help. I just laughed at him and shook my head. I followed behind the two while laughing. When we arrived in front of the brothers they suddenly stopped talking. Both turned their sight towards us.

 

The silence was deafening and was becoming uncomfortable. Suddenly, a loud snort broke the silence. Cerberus trotted out of his den and made his way over to Thanatos. The three-headed dog rubbed its middle head against his owner. Its large size was able to tilt Thanatos slightly causing him to stumble.

 

”What are you doing, huh?” Thanatos asked and laughed as he jostled the pitch-black fur.

 

Cerberus snorted again and used his middle head to grin. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jonas take a step forward. With his hand-stretched out he took more steps. When he stood in front of the giant, one of the heads turned to him. It eyed him suspiciously and growled slightly. Jonas didn't shy away though he kept his hand flat out and allowed Cerberus to sniff him. After the one head sniffed his hand, the middle one went next and then the third one.

 

The third one surprised us all when he licked the outstretched palm. Jonas giggled at the action and began to pat it's head.

 

”This is a rip-off that slob bucket won't even let me near him!” Zyhem roared as he pointed at the scene.

 

”Could it be because you call him a slob bucket?” I questioned.

 

Cerberus snorted as confirmation to my question. I laughed loudly as I saw the dog turn his first head away from us in anger. Zyhem stuck his tongue out at the demon dog and crossed his arm.

 

”I'm sure it's because he senses you as my mate” Thanatos explained to us.

 

The God of death announced this while staring at my best friend. He took a step forward and stood in front of Jonas.

 

”It took you long enough,” he said with a smile.

 

Jonas reddens at these words and hung his head. I giggled at this but was shocked when I was pulled away. When I looked up I realized I was being dragged away by Hypnos.

 

“We’re going home”

 

“Wait I have to check with Charon first!!”

 

 

 

 

 

 

8