Chapter: 17 Hidden Truths
107 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Fates POV

 

“Sir”! Morpheus announced in shock.

 

The Oneiroi turned swiftly and bowed. With his hands cupped before him, Morpheus stilled. He remained in that position for some time.

 

“What were you speaking with Christos about?” Hypnos asked as he walked further into the room. The ice in his words seemed to chill the air. As he stopped before his butler he stood silent.

 

Morpheus raised his sturdy body and stood. ”Hypnos it is time”

 

That was all Morpheus needed to say. After eons of being best friends with the sleep God, the Oneiroi understands. Hypnos sighed at these words and walked to his bedside. He slowly eased onto the mattress; sinking into its body. Placing his hands onto his face he dragged them down slowly.

 

”I can't, M” Hypnos answered with another sigh. ”You know I can't bring those memories back, he needs to stay oblivious to our past.”

 

”Do you think if he remembers nothing about you being his mate, the prophecy will not be fulfilled?” Morpheus asked as he strolled towards the other. The elegant butler squatted in front of Hypnos. ”The prophecy will have a better chance of not happening if he knows what he’s fighting against ”

 

”He won't be fighting!! He’ll NEVER get close to him again!” Hypnos shot to his feet and screamed.

 

He stared down his best friend as he repeated his words. His eyes held fire and determination with every syllable. Morpheus smiled lightly and stood to his feet. He placed his hands on both of Hypnos’ shoulders.

 

”Even if that's the case he should still know” Morpheus replied.

 

”I’m your…You're my…”

 

The two best friends turned to find Christos standing there. Hypnos shot Morpheus a look of anger. He knocked the hands on his shoulders off and strode to Christos. His eyes held uncertainty as he watched the reaper.

 

Christos placed a hand on his core. He drew in a deep breath and released it. ”So my dream really was from my memories?” he asked. His amethyst eyes gleamed brighter waiting for the answer.

 

“Christos, I….Yes I am your mate”

 

Immediately the strength left from the reapers legs. He slumped to the ground and sat. His breathing became haggard as he struggled to breath. Hypnos in a panic fell to his knees. He placed his hands on Christos’ face.

 

“Baby, breathe for me ok, please slow down your breathing” Hypnos asked quietly.

 

Christos was too far gone, his eyes were unfocused glowing even brighter. His haggard breathing became choppy and unstable. The temperature in the room skyrocketed. A vortex of humid air proceeded to swirl around the reaper. The heated air swept the long strands of his hair into a whirl.

 

”Quick Morpheus transform!” Hypnos screamed!

 

Morpheus did what he was asked. His body faded into mist turning into a lantern. Hypnos grabbed at its handle bringing it to his lips. He whispered one word causing a fragrant smoke to release. The scent of datura flowers seeped from the lamp breaking through the vortex. Christos inhaled the moonflower's aroma rapidly. Slowly purple eyes began to dull in color as his breathing leveled out.

 

”Breath baby just breath everything will be ok”

 

The devastating maelstrom stalled to light winds. Christos blinked his eyes and took a deep breath. His focus settled bringing Hypnos to his attention. The sleep God sat his lantern down and smiled.

 

”Can you see me now my love?” Hypnos asked. He placed his palm on the Christos’ cheek.

 

Christos blushed feverishly dropping his head. The room was soon filled with a deep chuckle from the tanned God. Hypnos slowly rubbed circles with his thumb on the cherry red cheek. Gradually, Christos raised his head connecting their gaze.

 

”You called me your love”

 

”Its because you are, you are my love, my one and only, my destined mate” Hypnos answered. ”You have questions that I will answer”

 

Morpheus changed back to his human form, sitting next to the couple.  ”Would you like my help?”

 

”Yes, please Morpheus ”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

8